James Bond Fans MUST LOOK HERE - BARGAIN

RoyCropper

Yup.. wont last.. But you never know.. I put my order in. Maybe should get 10 of them and sell them on E-bay for ?80 each!

If your actually wanting one your better off ordering one only

They will find it far easier to cancel if your clearly on the ****take, especially as it wont have the same negative PR effect of just cancelling "genuine" orders as opposed to people trying to sell them on

They dont need to honour it until you receive a confirmation dispatch email however they may, if you order loads not a hope

Gavsy Van Gaverson
Just noticed... it's a pre-order too. Think that changes anything?

Nope. If your confirmation says ?9.99 (which mines does) there is nothing they can do.

Nope. If your confirmation says ?9.99 (which mines does) there is nothing they can do.

I haven't checked the T&C's from Play.com's site, but I had a similar thing with Apple in the past year. An external hard drive (can't remember the size) was on their store for pittance. It even went as far as order confirmations and taking the money out of the bank. Didn't get anything except my original money and an email apology.

Gavsy Van Gaverson
I haven't checked the T&C's from Play.com's site, but I had a similar thing with Apple in the past year. An external hard drive (can't remember the size) was on their store for pittance. It even went as far as order confirmations and taking the money out of the bank. Didn't get anything except my original money and an email apology.

If that is the case it is still no lose :P

They probably wont honour it. They all have items in their T&Cs to cover themselves.

Worth a crack though. They'll probably just email you asking if you want a refund or a sale at full price.

This will not be honoured. By pre-ordering it, you are simply reserving yourself a copy for release. The contract is only formed when Play despatch the item and send a confirmation of said despatch. They reserve the right to cancel until that point.

Incidentally, Play will not charge any more than the pre-order price you pay (it is illegal for them to take any more as that is a breach of contract) i.e. ?9.99.

Having said all that, I've ordered one....you never know. It's Christmas after all ;)

Gavsy Van Gaverson
They probably wont honour it. They all have items in their T&Cs to cover themselves.

Worth a crack though. They'll probably just email you asking if you want a refund or a sale at full price.

Yeah, they'll probably send out an email as soon as they have discovered this. Play don't take money on pre-orders until the day of release so will just ask if you want to continue with the purchase at full price :mad:

Just ordered too.

Found this on their T&C's though

While we try and ensure that all prices on our website are accurate, errors may occur. If we discover an error in the price of goods you have ordered we will inform you as soon as possible and give you the option of reconfirming your order at the correct price or cancelling it. If we are unable to contact you we will treat the order as cancelled. If you cancel and you have already paid for the goods, you will receive a full refund.

worth a pop, one ordered.

also ordered a belting Itchy & Scratchy t shirt - the yellow one.

Darth Sidious

Ordered, I put in 2 and the price was ?99.99 each, so it must be an error with no chance of delivery. At least I can back out.

Site now updated to ?99.99

What happens now? Will we get some sort of email cancellation?

I'd probably expect that. Hope I'm wrong though!

Say What Again
What happens now? Will we get some sort of email cancellation?

Just got this

Dear Customer,

We are writing to inform you that your recent order for James Bond Complete Collection Box Set was incorrectly listed. Unfortunately we will not be able to supply you with your order at the advertised price and have cancelled your order. If you would still like to purchase this item at the correct price of ?99.99 please place a new order.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused to you over this matter and thank you for your patience and valued custom.

Kind Regards,

PLAY.COM

Just got this

Ditto.

Dear Customer,

We are writing to inform you that your recent order for James Bond Complete Collection Box Set was incorrectly listed. Unfortunately we will not be able to supply you with your order at the advertised price and have cancelled your order. If you would still like to purchase this item at the correct price of ?99.99 please place a new order.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused to you over this matter and thank you for your patience and valued custom.

Kind Regards,

PLAY.COM

Serves you right ya bunch of cheapskates !

You guys make the bankers look honest. Some poor lassy makes a mistake on a price and you lot are on to like a pack of wolves.

Hold your heads in shame !:);)

You guys make the bankers look honest. Some poor lassy makes a mistake on a price and you lot are on to like a pack of wolves.

48p a film, bloody bargain!

Pretty sure that if you get a confirmation email listing 9.99 as the price then this is considered a contract of sale.

Any legal eagles prepared to comment?

Pretty sure that if you get a confirmation email listing 9.99 as the price then this is considered a contract of sale.

Any legal eagles prepared to comment?

A legally binding contract needs an offer and an acceptance. You would think that the price advertised is the offer but under UK law it is not. The offer is when you take the goods to the till and offer to pay for it.

The seller can then accept your offer or refuse it. It is up to you to haggle the price down but 99.9% of the time you will pay what has been advertised.

So when we place an order for ?9.99 we are making the offer. Its up to them to accept it.

Thats about all the law I learned at university.

some Scally you are....

I've been watching the Bond films in sequence. What a dire bunch they are when you get to Moonraker, Octopussy, For Your Eyes Only, View to a Kill, Never Say Never Again. Looking forward to things picking up again when Piers Brosnan takes the gun ...

Archived