Google's Plan For Drunk Emailers

maroonlegions

maroonlegions

Choose Your News

Personalise your news

Help

Use the drop down menu below to filter stories and videos the way you want - when you want

10:02am UK, Wednesday October 08, 2008

Google has come up with a way to stop people sending embarrassing e-mails when they are drunk - Mail Goggles.

Mail Goggles

Gmail engineer Jon Perlow wanted to come up with a system to stop people sending messages they might regret in the morning when they have sobered up.:107years:

The Google Goggles make somebody solve some easy maths problems before allowing them to send a message.

If they cannot solve the problem, then they will not be allowed to send mail.:107years:

Mail Goggles, currently in a testing phase, can be activated by Gmail users clicking 'Settings; at the top of a Gmail page and then going to the 'Labs' section.:eek:

Writing on a Google blog, Mr Perlow said: "Sometimes I send messages I shouldn't send. Like the time I told that girl I had a crush on her over text message. Or the time I sent that late night email to my ex-girlfriend that we should get back together.:107years:

"When you enable Mail Goggles, it will check that you're really sure you want to send that late night Friday email.;) And what better way to check than by making you solve a few simple math problems after you click send to verify you're in the right state of mind?":107years:

The facility is only available late at night or at weekends - the time that Mr Perlow believes people are likely to want to use it.:107years:

well this is original, better remember it on Friday and Saturday nights.:rolleyes:

Commander Harris

maybe there should be a similar system employed on JKB?! :eek:

a quick arithmetic test to make sure someone is Compos Mentis before posting!

there'd be noone left on here if they did that!!

Choose Your News

Personalise your news

Help

Use the drop down menu below to filter stories and videos the way you want - when you want

10:02am UK, Wednesday October 08, 2008

Google has come up with a way to stop people sending embarrassing e-mails when they are drunk - Mail Goggles.

Mail Goggles

Gmail engineer Jon Perlow wanted to come up with a system to stop people sending messages they might regret in the morning when they have sobered up.:107years:

The Google Goggles make somebody solve some easy maths problems before allowing them to send a message.

If they cannot solve the problem, then they will not be allowed to send mail.:107years:

Mail Goggles, currently in a testing phase, can be activated by Gmail users clicking 'Settings; at the top of a Gmail page and then going to the 'Labs' section.:eek:

Writing on a Google blog, Mr Perlow said: "Sometimes I send messages I shouldn't send. Like the time I told that girl I had a crush on her over text message. Or the time I sent that late night email to my ex-girlfriend that we should get back together.:107years:

"When you enable Mail Goggles, it will check that you're really sure you want to send that late night Friday email.;) And what better way to check than by making you solve a few simple math problems after you click send to verify you're in the right state of mind?":107years:

The facility is only available late at night or at weekends - the time that Mr Perlow believes people are likely to want to use it.:107years:

well this is original, better remember it on Friday and Saturday nights.:rolleyes:

Copy and pasting isn't exactly hard, you could at least do it right:)

maroonlegions
Copy and pasting isn't exactly hard, you could at least do it right:)

I must admit i have had a few beers when posting threads on various topics and drunkenly forgot to add links:booze: but as you said copying and pasting could be so much easier now.;)

I must admit i have had a few beers when posting threads on various topics and drunkenly forgot to add links:booze: but as you said copying and pasting could be so much easier now.;)

:eek::eek: We might see less of you on the board :eek::eek:

You can't just discriminate against Doug like that.

:sad:

Archived