DREW BUSBY

Miller Jambo 60

Miller Jambo 60

Was that a bear.

Remember playing LOCO LEIPZIG in 76.

Lept like a salmon to score the 5th in a hard fought game.

Cant mind him missing a penalty.

Big toe bash centre.

Hard as nails.

Was that a bear.

Big toe bash centre.

Hard as nails.

I remember him missing a penalty in one game.

Booted the turf and the ball crept into the keeper's hands.

The turf might have gone in the net.

Early hero of mine, and remember the 5-1 game well. Was a schoolboy and on the pitch after it (didn't really have an option with the crowd pushing on, but who cared?)

Was that a bear.

Big toe bash centre.

Hard as nails.

Like Pepperami..He was a bit of an animal!!

How much do we need someone like Drew Busby in the team just now :eek:

He'd kick **** oot the lot of they pretenders "Playing" for us now.:mad:

jimmy cant at the back said everyone attack and it turned into "BUSBY BLITZ" loved the EOS shield game when he was breaking folk up left right and centre and attacking the hibs subs and trainer as he got sent off real derby passion the way it should be everytime we play that **** some on sunday please

I remember him missing a penalty in one game.

Booted the turf and the ball crept into the keeper's hands.

The turf might have gone in the net.

IIRC that was a penalty shoot-out in the East of Scotland Shield at Tynie against Berwick Rangers. It was very wet that night. Can't even remember who won. Think it was Berwick. Must consult London Hearts.....

:ninja:He missed a penalty in the shootout against Dundee Utd in the League Cup.Also missed one against Kilmarnock at Tynie. Think that was the game where Jim Brown had his leg broken right in front of the shed. The Shed started chanting " Busby's gonny get ye!" to the Killie player.

I think he's popular because everytime he pulled that maroon shirt over his head, he always gave 100%. Not to mention the fact he's a gentleman off the pitch!:toasting:

Well, I don't need to tell you that he's my all time Hearts hero...'cause yees already know!:P

Lynn:ninja:

:ninja:He missed a penalty in the shootout against Dundee Utd in the League Cup.Also missed one against Kilmarnock at Tynie. Think that was the game where Jim Brown had his leg broken right in front of the shed. The Shed started chanting " Busby's gonny get ye!" to the Killie player.

I think he's popular because everytime he pulled that maroon shirt over his head, he always gave 100%. Not to mention the fact he's a gentleman off the pitch!:toasting:

Well, I don't need to tell you that he's my all time Hearts hero...'cause yees already know!:P

That post comes across as being very sober, unlike you Lynn. :P

boabyarsebiscuit

So you missed the League Cup QF penalty shootout against Dundee United then?

MA HA!

LEGEND

"****** of the north":)

His name is Drew Busby the talk of the north

He comes from Tynecastle just over the forth

He drinks all your whisky and Newcastle Brown the Gorgie Boys are in town - na na na na na na na na na;

:)

That post comes across as being very sober, unlike you Lynn. :P

Huvny been sauced since friday! :P

He drinks all your whisky and Newcastle Brown the Gorgie Boys are in town - na na na na na na na na na;

Been trying to remember the words to that song since i read the EN article

Cheers

Missed a pen against Dundee Utd at Tynie in a league cup tie

QF I think

we still won

Correct...the penalty could have been saved by ma gran!

Like Pepperami..He was a bit of an animal!!

How much do we need someone like Drew Busby in the team just now :eek:

He'd kick **** oot the lot of they pretenders "Playing" for us now.:mad:

Ha ha! Quality quotes fi Tynie B ! I was fortunate enough to meet the man on a couple of occasions: nothing big time, just a few words and a smile! But he always gave me the impression he was blessed to wear the maroon and white of the Heart of Midlothian. A lovely man and a great ambassador for our club.

My favourite ever player: Magic!!

I must say again it was my good self who brought this song to Tynie...Got it from Newcastle who sang McDonald,and changed Geordie to Gorgie.

Incidentally they also sang the "over the forth" bit...dont ask me why!

I m not sure if we sang it 1st against Hamburg but that rings a bell...maybe not.

p.s. Also changed St Jameses to Tynecastle.

boabyarsebiscuit
Of Course it was... :P

Look, if superfan Eggo says he composed The Hearts Song, then he must have done. He is the bestest Hearts fan in the Wurrald.

PS - I like his posts at 4:45pm on Saturdays when we've been playing an away match best.

Look, if superfan Eggo says he composed The Hearts Song, then he must have done. He is the bestest Hearts fan in the Wurrald.

PS - I like his posts at 4:45pm on Saturdays when we've been playing an away match best.

Hector Nicol done the Hearts song,something I thought you may know:rolleyes:

I see your still really jealous of me for some reason I cant put my finger on:)

But if its any consolation..you are by far a better fan,nae..person than I am:)

The 4.45 posts on a Saturday are done in a far far away place that yourself and other unemployed people can only dream about.:P

Ha ha! Quality quotes fi Tynie B ! I was fortunate enough to meet the man on a couple of occasions: nothing big time, just a few words and a smile! But he always gave me the impression he was blessed to wear the maroon and white of the Heart of Midlothian. A lovely man and a great ambassador for our club.

My favourite ever player: Magic!!

Still loves Hearts with a passion. When Hearts were relegated, he had offers to stay in the Premier League, but chose to stay and fight to get us out of the first division. He can't believe the adulation he gets when he's invited as a guest on a match day. Last match he was at was the last derby at Tynie, when Velicka nodded in the winner. He said the atmosphere was fantastic! Hopefully we can do the biz on sunday and put a smile on the dear man's face again!

festerlehearts
busbyfor is the king of tynecastle park busby busby busby busby for is the king of tynecastle park .......will always be my hero...

festerlehearts

does anyone remember the game against the hobos at easter road i think the second half had just started hobos made a substitution the hobo player came on the park he just got the ball at his feet when king busby smashed in to him sent him down the tunnel and he never appeared again busby was sent of cant remember the score i think we lost that one ......long live the king.....

Correct...the penalty could have been saved by ma gran!

He did score the equaliser though( ' it just hit me on the head' ), that got us to penatlies!:toasting:

Miller Jambo 60
Aye, I do, MJ.:)

You wee terror

Dougie Its getting close WE DISLIKE THE HOBOS:107years::107years::107years:

The Shed Floodlight

Drew Busby was and is the Dugs bollocks, legend that the man is, some of the imposters that play for us now should be made to sit and watch hour after hour of clips of this man and just see the effort and attitude this man put in.

If Busby was playin on Sunday, the jakey ned that is Rearend would be carted off by 5 mins with a broken leg.

boy_in_maroon

sang that as a teenager and was duely corrected at the 2006 cup final, (as i have busby on the back of my retro 1970s jersey) some older guy had said "that its ****** of the north" this went on to an almost heated arguement

can someone clarify?????:P:p:o

Miller Jambo 60
sang that as a teenager and was duely corrected at the 2006 cup final, (as i have busby on the back of my retro 1970s jersey) some older guy had said "that its ****** of the north" this went on to an almost heated arguement

Talk of the north sounds right.

The geordies said ******,we say talk....why do I feel a total eejit writing this:o

Johanes de Silentio

I aye thought it was ****** of the North!

Heard a great story about DB.

He arrived at a fan event in the Gorgie Suite and was told that fellow-legend, Rab Prentice had phoned in to say he wasn't coming.

Busby calmly reached into his pocket for his phone, dialled Rab's number and told him in no uncertain terms to get his arse in there pronto, tonto.

Sure enough, a sheepish Prentice turned up shortly afterwards.

Drew Busby - was there ever a harder player?

Legend!

Miller Jambo 60

He arrived at a fan event in the Gorgie Suite and was told that fellow-legend, Rab Prentice had phoned in to say he wasn't coming.

Busby calmly reached into his pocket for his phone, dialled Rab's number and told him in no uncertain terms to get his arse in there pronto, tonto.

Legend!

And Rab prentice never got the caps he deserved.

Mind an under 23 game at TYNE ripped up 3 defenders and scored from one mad angle.

CLASS.

Who was the other team.

The geordies said ******,we say talk....why do I feel a total eejit writing this:o

I always sang *talk*...:ninja:

Legend!

I don't know. He was scared of no one. I remember when he whacked big Edvaldsson right in front of the jungle at Parkhead! Ref never saw it. The jungle were going crazy! :toasting:

Miller Jambo 60
I don't know. He was scared of no one. I remember when he whacked big Edvaldsson right in front of the jungle at Parkhead! Ref never saw it. The jungle were going crazy! :toasting:

Did you scare him Lynn :)

Did you scare him Lynn :)

LOL! Nah! Actually, come to think of it, he was just as scared as I was last year, when we were meeting again after a 29 year gap! :eek: Was nervous as a kitten, so I was.:unsure:

Archived