Drivers Fitness Test For Derby

jayjay

My source Informs me Andy Driver WILL Be fit for sunday. He was in today For a fitness examination and passed easily. The first team were off today but Driver was in for his Fitness Test. He May not train tommorrow but will Train Rest of the week and WILL Play on sunday.

F.T.H

Sexton Hardcastle

ANDY DRIVER was due to undergo a fitness test at Riccarton today to determine whether he will be fit for Sunday's Edinburgh derby.

Csaba Laszlo, the Hearts manager, is confident of having the influential Englishman available but revealed this morning that he will wait for the outcome of the tests.

Driver has not played for six weeks due to an Achilles problem but returned to light training last week without suffering any adverse reaction.

"Andy has his fitness test today and, if everything is okay, I think he will play at the weekend," said Laszlo. "I am confident but I will wait to see what happens today. He had recovery training last week and I hope everything is okay now and he can begin full training tomorrow. That would be a big positive.

"We must see him play football, running, shooting and sprinting. If there is no reaction and he can do this 100 per cent, I think he will be okay." Mike Tullberg, the striker on loan from Reggina, missed training yesterday with a stomach complaint but Laszlo does not expect it to threaten his availability for Easter Road.

Only 150 tickets remained yesterday from Hearts' 3800 allocation for the match and club captain Christophe Berra is enthused by the prospect of a heavy maroon presence in Leith.

He said: "It is a massive game for us and I am really delighted that it looks like we'll have a sell-out in the away end. It's the first derby of the season and I am sure it will be a close and exciting encounter.

"But it can make all the difference to see the away end packed and giving the lads great support. We've got to go in totally united against Hibs and I know we'll do that with everyone's backing."

Really need this boy to play (if fit). Have really missed someone out wide who can take players on. Without him we'l really struggle going forward.

Excellent news, can't wait till Sunday!

Best Hearts related news in a month or so I would say

FTH

Great news if he's fit!!

Driver on the left, Miko back on the right where he belongs. Kingston & Stewart in the middle with Tullberg & Nade up front!!

GO FOR IT CSABA!!!!

If we get beat, at least we can say we went for it and didn't play the boring, predictable 4-5-1, or 4-1-3-1-1 if you want to picky....

We_are_the_Hearts
I hope that your source is right. Driver has been a big miss for us.

Agreed, but it is also a sign of how far back our squad of players has went.

Agreed, but it is also a sign of how far back our squad of players has went.

Even the Burley side would miss key players like Brellier or Skacel.

The current side is missing better players in the squad such as Neilson, Driver and Glen.:)

If Driver and Augiar both start I will feel a whole lot more confident about our chances of getting something from the match.

Even the Burley side would miss key players like Brellier or Skacel.

The current side is missing better players in the squad such as Neilson, Driver and Glen.:)

NEILSON?????:eek:

scott herbertson
If Driver plays i think we will win

I think he will play :)

I'm not sure - If I remember correctly last time he came back from injury he had a few ineffectual games before hitting form.

He would be a risk but if he is fit I think it is a risk worth taking. Personally I think it would be great to start with driver and bring Miko on after 45 - Miko is always good as a sub and coming in fresh after a Hibs full back has been booked for persistently fouling Driver would even up the chances of a sending off

;)

Missing him badly.

Only thing is, with our selection policy (especially at ER over the last few years), he'll probably play left back or something.

Would be a massive boost if fit and on the left wing.

Great news if he's fit!!

Driver on the left, Miko back on the right where he belongs. Kingston & Stewart in the middle with Tullberg & Nade up front!!

GO FOR IT CSABA!!!!

If we get beat, at least we can say we went for it and didn't play the boring, predictable 4-5-1, or 4-1-3-1-1 if you want to picky....

That would be great and with that formation I think we would beat them. However you can forget any chance of Csaba playing his favoured formation.

Guest jambomickey
Was there not a thread on him being fit about a week ago?

i said a week ago he would be fit and that came from the horses mouth when i said that

Archived