Pen Pals

Goose Baxter

I did, and with one of them we still keep in touch 38 years later.... Think some people still do it. Better getting a handwritten letter someone has taken time to do , than a crap email that takes minutes...

Probably died out due to the world wide web.

I had a few though, always enjoyed waiting on the posyey to see if id got any letters in. As mentioned much better than a characterless email.

Even now I wouldn't mind a penpal, from somewhere remote without the web. Although I'm sure anything they had to say would be of more interest than my humdrum goings on.

Better call Saul
Probably died out due to the world wide web.

I had a few though, always enjoyed waiting on the posyey to see if id got any letters in. As mentioned much better than a characterless email.

Even now I wouldn't mind a penpal, from somewhere remote without the web. Although I'm sure anything they had to say would be of more interest than my humdrum goings on.

I had one from The US of A barsteward stop writing to me :sad:

maybe I was just boring that being the reason he stopped writing I dont think I was boring no one has ever informed me I am boring so I never found out why ! sad really As i was happy to tell him all about my train spotting hobbies and my Stamp collection etc etc ...

I really did not understand why he stopped writing :sad:

Did anyone have a pen pal as a youngster?

Do they still do such things these days?

Think pen pals are really just kept for prisoners and weird peice woman!

I had one from The US of A barsteward stop writing to me :sad:

maybe I was just boring that being the reason he stopped writing I dont think I was boring no one has ever informed me I am boring so I never found out why ! sad really As i was happy to tell him all about my train spotting hobbies and my Stamp collection etc etc ...

I really did not understand why he stopped writing :sad:

Stop bloody Rambling...Your boring me, You had a Pen Pal, He dumped yeah...Stop borin people with it!! :P

I've never had a pen pal....PLEASE write tae me, A' LOVE Train sets!! :o

I married my pen pal in 1975 and we are both still happily married.

BUT, are you still Happily married to EACH OTHER??? :P

Think pen pals are really just kept for prisoners and weird peice woman!

Funny you say that. A guy I knew when I was about 14 ended up in Polmont young offenders and kindly handed my name and address to a few people he knew. I didn't think too much of it all and even managed to reply to a couple before my parents spotted the weird envelopes coming in and put their foot down. Thank god. :biggrin:

Also had a normal one in France for a wee while but that wasn't half as interesting.

Funny you say that. A guy I knew when I was about 14 ended up in Polmont young offenders and kindly handed my name and address to a few people he knew. I didn't think too much of it all and even managed to reply to a couple before my parents spotted the weird envelopes coming in and put their foot down. Thank god. :biggrin:

Also had a normal one in France for a wee while but that wasn't half as interesting.

continuing to meet & date them years after they've been released is above & beyond the call of duty tho, Redm.

:laugh:

continuing to meet & date them years after they've been released is above & beyond the call of duty tho, Redm.

:laugh:

I believe in rehabilitation. :P

Archived