Will the lesson be learned?

Debut 4

From last season`s 1-1 at Fester? I remember the players saying in the press that they felt the tactics were wrong in the first half and they had to be more in the Hobos faces in the 2nd.

They did, we dominated and may have nicked 3 points. But will it all come flooding back to the players minds this week?

I know that no two games are the same and it takes more than just tactics to win a game, but surely it`s something the players have touched on this week or they will when they meet up after the international break?

"Why not play that way every week?" people will say but we all know a derby can be a different beast to any other SPL game.

I`d like to think Mickey Stewart will be the main offender at getting his team mates focused as well as the manager, but ultimately Csaba will dictate the way we will play and closing down high up the pitch doesn`t seem to be his style.

IMO the formation and tactics havent changed enough to indicate we have learned any lessons.

Leaving aside the precise level of autonomy of Csaba, the committee still has an unduly high input into tactics IMO

I imagine we'll allow them to dominate play to be honest.

That said, I can sense our first draw of the season coming along

MacDonald Jardine
IMO the formation and tactics havent changed enough to indicate we have learned any lessons.

Leaving aside the precise level of autonomy of Csaba, the committee still has an unduly high input into tactics IMO

I imagine we'll allow them to dominate play to be honest.

That said, I can sense our first draw of the season coming along

We always allow them to dominate at that dump.

I've lost count of the number of times I've watched Hibs come out fired up and us take a good 30 minutes at least to get into the game.

Surely one day we'll learn.

We always allow them to dominate at that dump.

I've lost count of the number of times I've watched Hibs come out fired up and us take a good 30 minutes at least to get into the game.

Surely one day we'll learn.

Agree Mate - we need to put a marker down early doors but I wonder if we have enough players in our team just now with that mentality.

As Debut says we need to be right in their faces and high up the pitch as possible - lets face it, they have more firepower than we have ( I know so has everyone else ) and their definite weakness is in defensive areas and lets hope we can exploit them.

Lets pray young Driver is available!

Do we have the right players for a derby match? It seems to me that, over the last 3 years, there's been a motivational problem with our players, whether it's Hibs or anyone else. They always come out in the press after a bad game saying the same old stuff "we'll learn from it" but they rarely do. As far as i'm concerned, if you can't get up for a derby match against them then your at the wrong club. Hibs are nothing, it's about time our players started to believe that, and in themselves. Alex McDonald knew how to motivate his players, especially in a derby match, maybe we could get him down to Fester Road and kick some ass!

I'm sure I'm not the only one who is dreading this derby more than other I can remember...

I have no faith in Csaba, no faith in the team spirit and certainly no faith in the lazy useless feckers we call our team anymore..

There are one or two exceptions, Mikey S being the standout as he at least KNOWS what the depth of feeling in a derby game is... He should do he's played both side of the fence here!

When we go to fester I always have a bit of a wobbly stomach but this week... oh sh** dawg it's worse than ever!

Although the good thing is when I have a good feeling we get pumped, when I'm dreading it we usually do quite well!! (6-2 is the PRIME example of that for me! Wasn't too confident for the SC semi either... long may this negativity continue!)...

We need to go at hibs and take the game to them

Whether people want to admit it or not with a front three of Fletcher, Riordan and Nish hibs can afford to bide their time as that strike force will score goals if they get chances

Therefore we must take the game to them and not let the above trio get those chances

If we play 4-5-1 we will lose

If we play Jamie Mole and Tullberg together we will lose

We must attack hibs and we must be threatening and deadly in front of goals, Im quite pessimistic about our chances at the momeent but hopefully the likes of Miko and Zali will show up and play well and spur the rest of our underachievers on

The return of Driver is vital, If kingston doesnt deliver he must be dropped

Do we have the right players for a derby match? It seems to me that, over the last 3 years, there's been a motivational problem with our players, whether it's Hibs or anyone else. They always come out in the press after a bad game saying the same old stuff "we'll learn from it" but they rarely do. As far as i'm concerned, if you can't get up for a derby match against them then your at the wrong club. Hibs are nothing, it's about time our players started to believe that, and in themselves. Alex McDonald knew how to motivate his players, especially in a derby match, maybe we could get him down to Fester Road and kick some ass!

That`s a good point but they may say the same about us at the moment!

The thing is,sometimes the importance of a derby can be too imposing on players. I`d like to think the manager can strike the balance between the players being pumped up but also play with no fear and composure.

I`d be saying to the players it`s just another 3 points and the team your playing is no better than any other you play every other week.

The players just need to learn that if they can get off to a quick start in terms of tempo on the ball and closing down off it they`ll settle down far better. The last thing you want is to be fighting to raise your game after a sluggish start.

Archived