HANG ON TO YOUR PIES AND BOVRILS

maroonlegions

maroonlegions

Neilson nearing first-team return

Hearts defender Robbie Neilson

Hearts staged a testimonial match for Neilson earlier this year

Hearts defender Robbie Neilson is hopeful of making a return to first-team action within the next few weeks.

The full-back has been out for six months following a stomach complaint and an Achilles problem.

"Hopefully, I'll get the all-clear in 10 days' time and I can get back into full training," he told Hearts TV.

"I'd like to be back well before Christmas. I haven't played for a while so I need to get a few reserve games before pushing for a first-team game."

Neilson, who had surgery on his ankle, last played a competitive match in April before Csaba Laszlo was appointed Tynecastle boss in the summer.

"Obviously, when a new manager comes in, it makes it more difficult because he gets his team together and you don't feel as if you're part of the team," the 28-year-old said.

It's going to be difficult for me to go and watch the game against Hibernian. It's one of those games everyone wants to be involved in

Hearts' Robbie Neilson

"But that's part and parcel of football and you have to make sure you work hard and get yourself back 100% fit and hopefully get in his plans at some point."

Hearts' longest serving player won his only Scotland cap in the 2006 defeat to Ukraine in Kiev and received a late red card in the 2-0 loss.

"Everyone wants to be involved in the Scotland team," said Neilson.:eek:

"I'm never going to be somebody who's going to retire from squads, like some players do.

"I like to think, if I can get playing and playing well, I've got a chance of getting back in the team.

"But, first and foremost, it's getting back in the Hearts team for me. It's not a case of looking beyond that.

"If that comes eventually then so be it."

MY SPORT: DEBATE

Are Hearts fans excited at the prospect of Neilson's return?:rolleyes:

Hearts' next match is the first Edinburgh derby of the season against Hibernian and Neilson admits it will be frustrating watching from the sidelines.

"It's going to be difficult for me to go and watch it," he added.;)

"It's one of those games everyone wants to be involved in. It's probably the highlight of the season for us so far.

"On our day, we're definitely a match for most teams and we'd like to think we can go down there and take the three points. Form kind of goes out the window when you go into the derby games.

"If we do win, it can push us on and give us a bit of confidence for the rest of the campaign."

Like it says on the tin, keep your pies and bovrils safe and do not turn your head away for a second.:eek:

Charlie-Brown

I don't think he will be an automatic first pick anymore, I think Csaba will persevere with Eggert Jonsson at right back, I think Neilson could be one of a number of higher earners approaching the end of their contracts that Hearts will look to move on for the financial good of the club, so unless Robbie is prepared to accept lower basic wages & more bonus related contract this might well be his last season.

maroonlegions
I don't think he will be an automatic first pick anymore, I think Csaba will persevere with Eggert Jonsson at right back, I think Neilson could be one of a number of higher earners approaching the end of their contracts that Hearts will look to move on for the financial good of the club, so unless Robbie is prepared to accept lower basic wages & more bonus related contract this might well be his last season.
:):):):):):);)

Sad state of affairs but we have missed him.

excellent news, robbie[the tackle] neilson MUST be made captain, move him to the centre of defence, partner him up with berra in the heart of the defence, eggert at r/b, wallace at l/b miko/stewart/driver/kingstone midfeild.

sign a couple of strikers in jan, job done.

Jambof3tornado
excellent news, robbie[the tackle] neilson MUST be made captain, move him to the centre of defence, partner him up with berra in the heart of the defence, eggert at r/b, wallace at l/b miko/stewart/driver/kingstone midfeild.

sign a couple of strikers in jan, job done.

Why??? He has been rank for ages now.

As for Robbie,get him in at RB and get Eggert playing back in midfield again. He looks ok at RB but looked better in the middle of the park.

Just a quick question, has Robbie ever played CB?

Good shout for making him captian as he's now been vice for 3 captains.

If Csaba want to play Jonnson at RB at least we'll get experince on the bench.

Just a quick question, has Robbie ever played CB?

Good shout for making him captian as he's now been vice for 3 captains.

If Csaba want to play Jonnson at RB at least we'll get experince on the bench.

don't think he's ever started at CB, he may have filled in there during games because of injuries etc.

he's not tall enough for CB, he'd get eaten alive by some of the SPL's strikers.

personally i like robbie. he's not the silkiest right enough but he gives 100% and has shown great loyalty to the club. he gets some unwarranted abuse to be honest.

don't think he's ever started at CB, he may have filled in there during games because of injuries etc.

he's not tall enough for CB, he'd get eaten alive by some of the SPL's strikers.

personally i like robbie. he's not the silkiest right enough but he gives 100% and has shown great loyalty to the club. he gets some unwarranted abuse to be honest.

Thats what i thought, and you're spot on with your last point.

What I think is interesting is that Eggert was actually a centre half of sorts when signed and for the u19's. Maybe he could be given a shot there to see what he can do.

Neilson must walk back in at RB, we have missed him and he is steady if nothing else

He wont offer much attacking wise but if he shores up the defence I will be happy enough

Wallace is not bad and if he wasnt playing for such an awful club ( coaching set up wise) he would be fulfilling his potential

Robbie is our best RB at present imo. However, given time, I believe that Eggert has potential to make it his own so it depends on CL's approach as to who will fill the berth.. :)

What I think is interesting is that Eggert was actually a centre half of sorts when signed and for the u19's. Maybe he could be given a shot there to see what he can do.

Neilson must walk back in at RB, we have missed him and he is steady if nothing else

He wont offer much attacking wise but if he shores up the defence I will be happy enough

Wallace is not bad and if he wasnt playing for such an awful club ( coaching set up wise) he would be fulfilling his potential

wallace is feckin' garbage.........................THE END!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wallace is feckin' garbage.........................THE END!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aye garbage who has been a stand out for the scottish u21 for years, garbage who has admirers from the 2 best clubs in scotland, garbage who made his debut at 17, garbage who is only 21

Is it any wonder the likes of elliot have no confidence and want out when people like you are "supporting" them

Wallace is not garbage and could easily be a top player for us for years to come

Wallace is the one of the weakest links in a fairly poor Hearts team at the moment, certainly not a 'standout' by any stretch of the imagination.

Also, the thought of Jonsson playing as a centre half is absolutely ridiculous. He's barely got the physical qualities to play central midfield so I'd hate to see what state most SPL forwards would leave him in.

Aye garbage who has been a stand out for the scottish u21 for years, garbage who has admirers from the 2 best clubs in scotland, garbage who made his debut at 17, garbage who is only 21

Is it any wonder the likes of elliot have no confidence and want out when people like you are "supporting" them

Wallace is not garbage and could easily be a top player for us for years to come

he cant defend for toffee.......................

constantly lets the ball bounce in his area of the pitch intead of attacking it,someting you are tought at under 7 level.

he is slower than a weeks work with overtime,which is why,over and over again you see players on a sat knock the ball past him and leave him standing.

he is constantly caught further up the park than the 2 centre backs,leaving himself wide open to the ball over the top frequently during the match.

he never ever comunicates with any other player on the park.never ever shows any emotion during a match, just runs around with the same blank expression,emotionless for 90mins.

oh! and he cant pass the ball to a hearts jersey if its more than 10 yards away.

apart from that the laddie is showing some promise :shocked666:

Wherever this is lifted from it's wrong (I think)...it was Robbie's big bro Elvis that was red-carded wasn't it?

Anyway, welcome back Robbie. Looking forward to seeing you in the team soon.

Archived