brodfoot

it_hearts

How many times did he give the ball away. He went forward at wrong time, he put ball out of play under no pressure, not good enough.

FTH.

How many times did he give the ball away. He went forward at wrong time, he put ball out of play under no pressure, not good enough.

FTH.

him and caldwell were truely woeful,especially caldwell,he made lee wallace look like paulo maldini......................

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

He is fecking GARBAGE.

Burley is obviously tanning a 70 cl before selecting this team. :mad:

Other than Hutton who exactly do we have that's better?

Thought he had a decent enough game tbh, defensively was sound enough, definetly far more so than Caldwell and the ball he played through for Fletcher/Iwelumo was excellent.

Father Tiresias

Thought he had a decent enough game tbh, defensively was sound enough, defiently far more so than Caldwell and the ball he played through for Fletcher/Iwilumo was excellent.

Robbie'll be straight back in!! :P

Charlie-Brown
Robbie'll be straight back in!! :P

If Scotland have select such limited players as Broadfoot and Neilson then it is sadly not suprising we will fail to show enough quality to win important games.

thought broadfoot did well today, for broadfoot.

our defense is seriously bad, zero pace. weir? lol, caldwell, average, naysmith, past it, broadfoot...well...

how can anyone expect us to qualify for World cup with that defense?

attacking wise i thought we looked pretty good though.

Broadfoot has been excellent this season. Most improved player inthe SPL

SPL is totally different fi international. Watch the game, he gave ball away almost everytime he had it.

Malinga the Swinga

The worst thing that happened in the Iceland game was Broadfoot scoring. Media then go overboard on him and his performance. As a player in the SPL, he dives and cheats each game, but as he plays for Rangers and refs favour them, he gets away with murder.

As an international footballer, he doesn't get away with this and as a result, his short comings are shown up. He cannot pass. control or cross the ball, and is caught continually out of position. We need Hutton back for rest of games or effectively we are playing with 10 men.

Thought he had a decent enough game tbh, defensively was sound enough, definetly far more so than Caldwell and the ball he played through for Fletcher/Iwelumo was excellent.

There must be someone better in that position , but hey he plays wi gers.

He didnt have a good enough game TBH. H e gave ball away all the time, even without pressure.

One pass doesnt make u a good player. Fullbacks at national level have to deliver more.

There must be someone better in that position , but hey he plays wi gers.

He didnt have a good enough game TBH. H e gave ball away all the time, even without pressure.

One pass doesnt make u a good player. Fullbacks at national level have to deliver more.

Who?

People seem to say that all the time, there isn't anyone better though. I'd certainly far rather have a limited Broadfoot in the team over the recent pish like Stockdale, Murty and Alexander.

Who?

People seem to say that all the time, there isn't anyone better though. I'd certainly far rather have a limited Broadfoot in the team over the recent pish like Stockdale, Murty and Alexander.

Look hutton is the best we have. Broadfoot is what yuo call a lucky player, but not a good player, im not picking on the guy , but he played terrible today , if you watch the game. Alexander (as much as i dont think he is much of player )does his job better as a fullback .

Darren Fletcher was worse than him I thought - which is a bad sign...

For the so called captain, Fletcher was almost anonymous

Disagree. I think he has come on a lot. He looked a lot more comfortable on the ball today, specifically the ball he played across that Boyd should have been on to slot home.

The Old Tolbooth

What are you talking about guys?

Of course he's good enough to play for Scotland, I mean he plays for der hun doesn't he? ;)

Broadfoot was not the worst player by any means. Scott Brown was sponsors man of the match and first half he did not hit another Scottish player with the ball. slightly better in second half but did not say much for rest of team and yes defence was so slow. Berra must be bad not to play before these guys.

Tactics were very Jamboish, small strikers and welly long balls at them with giant defenders winning everything. Felt for Iwelumo, because he showed promise and won balls for others in the box.

naysmith did well getting forward. was our best defender yesterday. caldwell was shocking and weir may be good to tackle or in the air but lacks pace and stamina to run about the pitch and was beaten easily when an attacker ran at him. broadfoot gave the ball away a lot but who else is there available just now......graeme murty :L

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

We can only hope that Broadfoot follows his team mates lead and refuses to play.

Please god.

rememberwilliegibson
The worst thing that happened in the Iceland game was Broadfoot scoring. Media then go overboard on him and his performance. As a player in the SPL, he dives and cheats each game, but as he plays for Rangers and refs favour them, he gets away with murder.

As an international footballer, he doesn't get away with this and as a result, his short comings are shown up. He cannot pass. control or cross the ball, and is caught continually out of position. We need Hutton back for rest of games or effectively we are playing with 10 men.

again....who the feck else is there???

again....who the feck else is there???

I would even put hartley in there , at least he has a good touch and can pass a ball and as a holding midfielder with celt now would prob do a decent defensive job and has plenty energy to get forward if needed.Wouldnt loose possession as much as broadfoot.I know its not ideal , but would rather have a football player there.

Archived