Grunton Harbour Flats

Munch

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Which means that any new development is bound to fail then? Given that companys like GS and Barratts will be those building the flats? Surely that means that the "Western Harbour" development is just the same as any other development?

So far, they have incorporated one cafe/shop into three relatively finished builds, how do you know that will not end up the case? Surely it is a little one sided to downcry the plans, particularly when the whole project is merely started? As for different, I happen to think that this little bit IS different, certainly different from the main housing areas of Edinburgh. When it is finished, with the big park and the bridge over to the Terminal, it will look very nice IMO.

As for original, originality is hard to bottle and administer, especially when you are talking about houses which have many directives. I suspect that it will not be "high storey buildings one after another", however, neither you nor I can say it will or will not at this stage, the development is at an early stage.

I have highlighted the key part, is it not a little premature to talk about what they haven't done before they have or haven't done it?

As for prices of property and greed, that has been prevalent throughout the United Kingdom over the last few years, you need only look at programs like "Property Ladder" and that auction one on BBC1, the whole country has been looking for the fast buck at the expense of the house buyer, I know you are not naive enough to suggest that the builders themselves should not be looking to do the same. This is far from a "Western Harbour" issue.

A little reminder about your community, your community has no school? You not think that will be important. Shall I tell you that there will be a primary school over here? :)

Of course other developments have gone the same way. However this area of Edinburgh is on a huge scale. I think when it commenced it was the largest regeneration project in the whole of Europe ?

There have been mistakes made all over the UK, and other countries when it comes to these things. However down at the shore it is on a huge scale. You can't just class Western Harbour as a single area. It is part of the entire programme that goes right from East of Muirhouse along to Leith.

It is all part of the same plan. According to the link below split up into 3 defined areas.

http://www.edinburgh-inspiringcapital.com/invest/commercial_property/commercial_developments/commercial_property_highlights/edinburgh_waterfront.aspx

I read an articel in the EN last week stating the completion of this has already been delayed until 2023.

As you say everything may be put in place they originally stated. Personally if that happens before 2025 I will be shocked. If it happens at all.

http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/latestnews/Waterfront-will-survive-the-credit.4603171.jp

Value of the land has already dropped by half. Delayed already by 6 years. Turning to more 'viable' plans like a new hotel in Granton..:eek:

Sorry - but I can't see this ending up in anything other than one big mess.

Your basically a leither.

Deal with it.

:cheese:

I do hope you will find some of your own chat and banter in the future. :rolleyes:

Charlie-Brown

BH I think you should ask Legend if he knows anything of Edinburgh geography and history? Since when was Granton harbour EVER in Leith ?

BH I think you should ask Legend if he knows anything of Edinburgh geography and history? Since when was Granton harbour EVER in Leith ?

See the thing is mate, both Legend and another well known poster to you and I (the dude that didn't like Levein ;)) both seem to believe that Newhaven are in Leith. I do not live at Granton Harbour, but many on this thread seem to be confusing Granton Harbour with Western Harbour.

Charlie-Brown
See the thing is mate, both Legend and another well known poster to you and I (the dude that didn't like Levein ;)) both seem to believe that Newhaven are in Leith. I do not live at Granton Harbour, but many on this thread seem to be confusing Granton Harbour with Western Harbour.

This should settle your arguments BH. :)

Newhaven is a harbour village within the City of Edinburgh, Scotland, between Leith and Granton. It has about 5000 inhabitants

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Starbank_Park

This should settle your arguments BH. :)

Newhaven is a harbour village within the City of Edinburgh, Scotland, between Leith and Granton. It has about 5000 inhabitants

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Starbank_Park

Mate, I'll never win that argument, facts don't matter. In their eyes I live in hobo land. FFS, the aforementioned Levein detesting poster even gave me abuse for daring to have a hobo as a neighbour. Honestly, imagine the stupidity of me NOT finding out his team of choice and stopping the sale from going through.:rolleyes:

I do hope you will find some of your own chat and banter in the future. :rolleyes:

Its called recycling.

It's all the rage.

Mate, I'll never win that argument, facts don't matter. In their eyes I live in hobo land. FFS, the aforementioned Levein detesting poster even gave me abuse for daring to have a hobo as a neighbour. Honestly, imagine the stupidity of me NOT finding out his team of choice and stopping the sale from going through.:rolleyes:

You've no excuses leithboy.

Regardless if you knew or not at the time of the purchase, you NOW know that your neighbour is a dirty weeteamer.

What have you since done to get rid of him?

Archived