This is normal, yes?

shaun.lawson

"Due to a minor technical glitch the Ticket office will be unavailable today. Please try again later." :D

Clearly its not "normal" - otherwise the club wouldnt have felt the need to make an announcement in it.

To ready anything more in to it is foolish though. IMO.

Nucky Thompson

They are announcing it because we are in the process of selling tickets for 2 big games(Hibs and Celtic) Saves people who were waiting till the weekend to head down for tickets.

Some posters on Hobo.net seem to think this means that the demise of Heart of Midlothian FC is imminent. it does say at the bottom that the ticket office will be open as usual on Monday but why let that get in the way of a gloat over the 'imminent' story of Hearts going into administration?

Shaun, no idea if this is normal or not, think everyone is suspicious of the slightest out of the ordinary occurrance these days!

On another matter, next time you post on the 'Hearts in admin' thread over the road, could you please remind the pontificators that they were just as much in the doo-doo as we were/are (before they sold a car-park and a few players) as a result of living outwith their means?

Our wages v. turnover ratio is a convenient way for them to negate our two big cup wins and Euro qualification/derby wins with throwaway comments such as 'buying success'.

They conveniently forget that they too were living way outwith their means and using their ideology they effectively 'bought' the first division title in 99 and the 3rd place finish the year later with Sauzee etc in the team. They got lucky with the car-park and some over-rated youngsters.

Going by this, every other team in debt tried to 'buy' success and failed, at least we succeeded!

All together now.....'big team bought big cup twice by living outwith their means......wee team bought wee 1st division once by living outwith their means...........'

Jeez, they cannae even do that right!

Their argument, though, would be that they at least dealt with it. Sure, they got lucky with the car park and the players they had coming through - but post-JJ's exit, when we were supposedly cutting costs, actually, our debt rose dramatically! We've been living beyond our means ever since the mid-90s, and it stands to reason this has given us a better chance of success than their more modest wage bill.

As for their own days of overstretch between 1999 and 2001: well, sure. But they were only a Cup Final away from doing precisely what we did in '98 - and in their case, they faced a strong Celtic side going for their first treble in decades, and improving all the time; we faced a Rangers side who were brilliant two years earlier, but in real decline by the end of Smith's first period in charge.

Much in the same way that Ford have introduced a four day week in some of their factories I'd imagine other companies that might cut their cloth accordingly too.

To be honest if something was "up" I wouldnt imagine we'd get any notice

I'm currently "sitting" on a rumour I was told last night, which, thankfully as each hour passes is looking more and more like garbage.

marshallschunkychicken
Much in the same way that Ford have introduced a four day week in some of their factories I'd imagine other companies that might cut their cloth accordingly too.

To be honest if something was "up" I wouldnt imagine we'd get any notice

I'm currently "sitting" on a rumour I was told last night, which, thankfully as each hour passes is looking more and more like garbage.

If it doesn't come to pass, will you let us know so we can have a good laugh?

Cheers.

They may have only been a cup final away but let's not forget that was the infamous 'no shots on target' cup final. Ho ho.

The main jist of my post was to highlight the revisionism. I see now a few are clamouring for UEFA to take actions against clubs in debt and for the SFA to step in to ensure living outwith one's means never happens again.

I wonder if they would be posting the same pre-car park days, mmmm.

Oh, absolutely. It may be, though, that those two years notwithstanding (which were precipitated by their fear when they went down that we were moving ever further away from them), Hibs are preternaturally disposed towards living within their means; and Hearts, not so.

This is not a dig at the OP or any other posters but I think this thread epitomises what we have become under Romanov.

Every little thing getting scrutinised and judged. People looking over their shoulder. People getting paranoid.

This is not a dig at the OP or any other posters but I think this thread epitomises what we have become under Romanov.

Every little thing getting scrutinised and judged. People looking over their shoulder. People getting paranoid.

But that could all be solved in a heartbeat. Communication, communication, communication. But are the club listening?

Has someone taken control of Shauns keyboard or am I reading .net correctly when he is currently discussing with them about Sir Tom Farmer potentially being Hearts future saviour by loaning the re-formed Hearts Easter Rd to play our 3rd division matches?

:eek:

Francis Albert
But that could all be solved in a heartbeat. Communication, communication, communication. But are the club listening?

Haven't they communicated the fact that the ticket office is going to be shut tomorrow and will re-open on Monday?

Charlie-Brown

Maybe they should put a 'we are not going into administration today.' disclaimer under each article .... unless of course they are. :o

Haven't they communicated the fact that the ticket office is going to be shut tomorrow and will re-open on Monday?

I think that is what it says.

I think that the importance of this piece of news is up there with the news that some airline flies to Prague and that we could use it if we ever got Sparta Prague in a European game again.

Exactly. Ticket office normally open from 10am to 2pm on non match Saturdays. Closing for those four hours to give staff a full weekend off does not seem particularly unusual to me.

Has someone taken control of Shauns keyboard or am I reading .net correctly when he is currently discussing with them about Sir Tom Farmer potentially being Hearts future saviour by loaning the re-formed Hearts Easter Rd to play our 3rd division matches?

:eek:

No, I was discussing the Edinburgh business community being our future saviours. STF would be way down that list, quite obviously. As regards groundsharing: it's perfectly possible that, for a reformed club or one under new ownership which had sold Tynie, groundsharing at Easter Road might be the only realistic and viable option. I certainly prefer it to Murrayfield.

As I said on the thread, most Jambos will clearly disagree - but a world without Tynecastle will almost certainly mean tough, unpalatable choices. And if the alternative was no club, sharing ER is one I'd certainly vote for.

But there is still much mistrust and suspicion, resulting from the way the club has been run over a period of years. This isn't just going to disappear, and HMFC need to appreciate this. The week or so of constant news following Csaba's arrival was excellent; but it's all gone a lot more quiet since.

No, I was discussing the Edinburgh business community being our future saviours. STF would be way down that list, quite obviously. As regards groundsharing: it's perfectly possible that, for a reformed club or one under new ownership which had sold Tynie, groundsharing at Easter Road might be the only realistic and viable option. I certainly prefer it to Murrayfield.

As I said on the thread, most Jambos will clearly disagree - but a world without Tynecastle will almost certainly mean tough, unpalatable choices. And if the alternative was no club, sharing ER is one I'd certainly vote for.

Good.

Personally I'd rather feed my boaby to the goldfish than watch Hearts in that pile of pi sh.

Going down the dome every other week?

Naah. Theres got to be something better than that.

Charlie-Brown

Shaun your not thinking....after the Gretna / Motherwell / Fir Park fiasco the SPL banned ground sharing so Hibs wouldn't be allowed to share with us unless they got relegated...in your doomsday scenario we'd have to play at Livingston* or Meadowbank or somewhere like that.... * assuming Livingston were still in the SFL

If it doesn't come to pass, will you let us know so we can have a good laugh?

Cheers.

Thats kind of where I am with it. It doesnt have any real credence in my mind and it isnt worthy of debate IMO but it will be a useful "mind" tool for me moving forward when assessing various rumours which are discussed on here.

For all people might criticise my stance or my "dramatism" I dont want to throw what, in my mind, are "spurious" claims out there.

To that extent I go back to my general agreement with NMHs claim that it does no favours posting every rumour going around, but dont think that that means that you cant be endlessly critical of actions which are endlessly to the detriment of the club

But the club have communicated. They have told us that the ticket office will not be open tomorrow.

:o

Good.

Personally I'd rather feed my boaby to the goldfish than watch Hearts in that pile of pi sh.

Going down the dome every other week?

Naah. Theres got to be something better than that.

... Such as?

But the club have communicated. They have told us that the ticket office will not be open tomorrow.

:o

Given that I have become so cold that I don't really believe anything that the club says ... should I go down to the ticket office tomorrow?:)

Shaun your not thinking....after the Gretna / Motherwell / Fir Park fiasco the SPL banned ground sharing so Hibs wouldn't be allowed to share with us unless they got relegated...in your doomsday scenario we'd have to play at Livingston* or Meadowbank or somewhere like that.... * assuming Livingston were still in the SFL

I'm nigh on certain those rules would just be changed back again if it involved accomodating us. As I've written before, the SPL aren't just concerned over the OF. Hibs were saved by one reorganisation in the early 90s; Aberdeen by another at the turn of the century. Meanwhile, when Hearts were bottom in March '99, there was much talk about Dundee being forcibly demoted because of the state of Dens. Strangely, as we moved away to safety, this talk magically ceased.

Hmmm.

Eh, Colinton Mains park, next to Tesco.

Wouldn't you want a reformed club to ever play in the SPL again, and become viable, successful and self-sustaining?

Given that I have become so cold that I don't really believe anything that the club says ... should I go down to the ticket office tomorrow?:)

:)

Hehehe

It's all a bit doublespeak, isn't it?

Wouldn't you want a reformed club to ever play in the SPL again, and become viable, successful and self-sustaining?

Yea.

But we don't need to ask for seconds from hibs.

Just my opinion.

Charlie-Brown

Yes Coco you should - I hear there is a big discount for Hearts mugs. :P

Yes Coco you should - I hear there is a big discount for Hearts mugs. :P

I bet you've already got a shedful of merchandise then ... :P:)

Charlie-Brown
I bet you've already got a shedful of merchandise then ... :P:)

I do have a Gilzean book of Hearts cartoons that is quite good that I got for Christmas 1980. :)

Yea.

But we don't need to ask for seconds from hibs.

Just my opinion.

That's not an opinion, though.

It's wishful thinking.

What real alternatives are there?

This is normal, Yes?

"Behave! Once a Jambo, always a Jambo - albeit one who doesn't mind and even quite likes Hibs." :eek: (posted by someone on .net)

MacDonald Jardine
Very true mate.

Still, apparently it's because of the new breed of Yam* like me that the entire nation despises us and will rejoice in our inevitable passing.

I must offer my apologies to all 400,000:) Yams and Yamettes out there for being responsible for the entire country despising us.

If only we could be more like our Leith cousins, who rejoice in such commendable pursuits such as singing about refugees, folk being gay, people being dead and of course, self-proclaiming themselves to be 'classy'.

Trumpets, I really hope the players are as up for the derby as the support is going to be.

*That'll be the type who first went to Tynie as a 5 year old in 1975.

Yes and I'll bet you still expect to win the Champions League in 2 years' time and sign 3 World Cup stars.

As you say if it wasn't for people like you everyone would feel sorry for us.

Which is want we all really want of course.

Malinga the Swinga

Think you will find that the post on HMFC website from the 6th Of October, the one saying there were 300 tickets left, stated that the ticket office would be closed this Saturday. Obviously in your enthusiasm to post bad news about Hearts, you missed this small detail.

Archived