David Murray talks sense!

Dunks

Aye, at least he's now doing something about it.

BUT...this is the same Murray who willfully released a bright orange away kit not that long ago. I know they claimed it was due to the Dutch influence when Advocaat was there but, come on David, you're not that stupid - you knew fine well what you were doing.

The bigot brigade brings cash to Rangers and he's only doing something now cause of UEFA and fines.

Sir David Murray seems like a good guy but in this particular area he's a hypocrite.

King of the North

It's a step in the right direction, but if he wants to rid his club of the revolting element of it's fans (and it's not a small majority, as he says) then he (along with Martin Bain) needs to do a lot more.

Some of the stuff in that article includes -

the vast majority of Rangers fans - "99%" - whose behaviour at the Uefa Cup final in Manchester was commended by both the Manchester and Strathclyde police forces.

Bain stressed that it was a "small minority" who spoiled it with the trouble that was witnessed in Manchester city centre.

Wrong, wrong, wrong. Does Martin Bain forget that we all saw the footage?

shareholders' ... concerns that Rangers do not do enough to defend their fans

Now that is beyond a joke. First of all you cannot defend the indefensible, and secondly Murray has been particularly vocal in insisting that Rangers FC are not to blame, or are no worse than other clubs when it comes to their fans' mass bigotry and violence.

Let's not forget - Murray is the man ultimately responsible for the orange awy kit, the flute band music and the UJ displays. He needs to get off the defensive, stop referring to a 'tiny minority' and accept that this is a club with sickness at it's very heart, and that there is much more to do than being defensive and pretending that this problem is not institutionalised.

Gotta agree he is back peddling faster than a number of posters on here to try and pretend that he had no idea about the "NEJATIVE BAGGAGE"(? Csaba laszlo) that came with the blue bigot borthers

What I don't get is how such a big deal has been made of the whole Sol Campbell abuse incident stemming from just one match, with a police investigation being encouraged by most parties, but up here in Scotland where abusive and embarassing sectarian singing occurs on a week by week basis no one is willing to actually take any serious action. Murray has opened his mouth again to make it look like they're tackling the problem, but I'm yet to see any real action against it.

Let us not forget that David Murray has been trying to sell 'THIS MOB' for a long time, lets get Unicef dragged in as well. who knows somebody from another planet might even take the bait. :rolleyes::eek:

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Murry isn't going to have a leg to stand on once the Huns have had their say. :eek:

About time what?

Same old, same old - small minority this, small minority that.

He'll need to come out and say -

'The team I really feel sorry for is Hearts who seem to always get dragged into the sectarian debate as our equal 'partners' despite only having a few morons against out tens, if not hundreds of thousands' -

before I'll praise him

This is of course the first season where the new rules regarding sectarian, homophobic and unacceptable behaviour has come into effect.

Funny how neither the SFA or SPL have said diddly squat since the season began. This IMHO is a completely unacceptable state of affairs. They have given themselves the power to act and in a very punitive way by deducting points from the offending club.

The cynic in me says that it took a good couple of years to bring in the ruling in the hope that the bigot brothers would get their own houses in order.

Sadly not but then the bigot brothers have used their joker card and it is this.

By ganging up together and demandig the 5% levy on tickets from all other clubs to sell tickets to their **** that go to away games they have created a getout clause.

Any club that told them to take a hike, and sell direct, are now in the position that if the **** behave as usual then their clubs will wash their hands of the situation. They will site that they had no control over who got the tickets and cannot be held responsible for the behaviour people who bought tickets for the game.

the same david murray who insisted that rangers catholic players crossed themselves in the dressing room and not on the pitch or in the tunnel

The Comedian
It's a step in the right direction

Unfortunate way of putting thing's. ;)

The 'element' will never go away.

He can come out with this stuff till the cows come home but the problems are deep-rooted and he knows it.If they were really serious about leaving this in the past they would do away with the imitation flute tunes on matchday.Yes,i know,it's not sectarian but the inference is there and we all know it.

Don't get me wrong,a club's history is important and if it includes certain sections of society,religious or otherwise,then it shouldn't be wiped from the map.Unfortunately,i don't think we are in the ideal country to see some of these problems ever ending.

Same Sheeite, Different day from the Leader of the Huns!!

He and Martin Bain cannot believe for one ferkin minute that it's the "Minority" of fans...Lying pair of S C U M, bigot encouraging B*******!! :mad:

I hate the bogot brothers with a passion,Even more than I hate the Hobos,BUT, I'm starting to hate the Huns more everyday!! :mad:

This looks like a belated attempt by Murray to get as 'PR Savvy' as the Celtic media machine, who are the greatest manipulators of the press in Scotland. The 'bile' is so widely witnessed that the usual media 'inner circle' can't be trusted to keep a lid on it with the usual canapes and wine.

If you examine his statement closely, he's more worried about 'handing it to the media on a plate' than actually stamping out the disease itself. Oh, and drugs and obesity? Usually go hand in hand with the 'minority' of his support that spout aforementioned bile.

He must turn the hearing aid off at away matches.

As long as the guy at the head says the right things to the media, the Orcs are free to carry on.

Ridiculous.

Colonel Kurtz
I'll believe Murray is serious when:

• He orders DJ to stop playing flute music before games and at half time.
  • He stops sanctioning orange strips.
  • He stops sanctioning 'celebrate the union' days (the only club in the UK to have one).
  • He stops holding 'Ulster days'

Before any of the follow follow brigade on here get their knickers in a twist, I know that none of the above is by definition 'sectarian' but it doesn't take a genius to work out that he is pandering to a certain element.

To an extent Murray is worried about repurcussions,so are the Tims.The levy on away tickets had nothing to do with money and a lot to do with abdicating responsibility.

On that as per usual the OF worked together.

However there has been recently a split in the ranks with Dr Goebbels,sorry Doctor Reid breaking ranks about the famine song,(this was an effort to win popularity with the Tim supporters who describe him as a war criminal).

Gordon Smith has made the point that if is acceptable to celebrate your Oirish tradition by playing the fields of Athenry and have a tricolour card display,then surely is is acceptable to celebrate a unionist, Scottish protestant background.

He went on to mention seperate education as a contributory factor,this always sends Timothy scurrying for cover.

Archived