Christophe Berra

Reidbait26

Libertonian_II

CB is an average SPL centre half(most definately not pacey) who reminds me very much of Roddy McDonald who played for us in the mid 80's, ie good in the air but limited on the deck. He's far from the worst player inhabiting the first team at the mo', but he's no captain. That is not his fault though.

A good point in his favour is that he recognizes his strengths and weaknesses unlike Zaliukas or Lazslo who thinks that our centre backs can suddenly become ball players like Levein, McPherson, Jardine etc etc

I've only managed along to Tynecastle twice this season and witnessed 2 defeats (being Airdrie and Killie).

On both occasions Berra has been solid as a rock, never lost a header or allowed anyone to pass him and I have thought he looked genuinely decent. For someone to say earlier in this thread that he has no pace is laughable!!

His distribution is not great but he is in there to defend, i feel sorry for him having to play beside Zaliukas who is prone to going to sleep!!

Quality player who could easily go on to play in the EPL.

Let me tell you what would happen to our very poor team at the moment if Berra was dropped,we would be worse and would lose more goals;yes he's still young and yes he has a lot to learn still; TAKE NOTE HE STATES THAT HIMSELF!! But for christ sake what road are we going down at Tynie these days with this crap,he wants to learn;he wants the shirt;he's a Hearts man..I tell you...what about the under performing prima's like Lazy little Kingston??? We need more people that care and understand what a club like Hearts are about.....not putting them under more pressure. PATHETIC

I can't understand why we play Zaliukas as he is the main problem IMO. A great athelete and good for most of the game but tends to gift a least one goal everytime he plays.

Why don't we play Karipidis alongside Berra which I'm sure was our best defensive centre partnership last season. I can't be bothered checking the stats for goals conceded!

The situ with Berra is quite simple

Playing with Zaliukas does not help him one little bit

The same "Berra is gash" stuff happened last season pre-Xmas

Berra plays much better alongside Karipidis and factually and statistically our defence is much better when we have that CB combination

At a normal football club I would have expected changes to a defence that was leaking so many goals so far this season, but there you go.

But ultimately Berra would benefit even more from an experienced CB, as would our defence

But, in the simplest terms Berra and Zaliukas does not work well defensively

He's a good young player in a poor team who has a huge weight of responsibility on his shoulders, yet gives his all and tries to lead my example.

If you don't rate Berra then fair enough, but I think he is way down the list of those who deserve stick.

Should he captain?

No, I don't think he should be. For his own sake, he should be allowed just to get on with developing his game, and cementing his place in the team.

For me, Mikey Stuart should be captain, but I still rate Berra highly, and his commitment to Hearts is second to none; which is something we can't take for granted in these times with this bunch.

Buffalo Bill

gorgie rd eh11
I'm hearing a lot of shouts for Kingston, Audrey, Mole, Wallace to be dropped but I can't be the only one who thinks Berra sholud GTF. The guy is a dreadful. Get Karipidis back in the middle at bring Palazuelos into the holding role we have struggled with.

Anyway back to our esteemed captain, I want to like him, I just cant. Can't captain the side, can't jump, can't tackle, can't pick a pass, no first touch. Always launches it up to whatever diddy we have up front bypassing the midfield, no composure, CAN'T PLAY FOOTBALL.

Looks far too much of a nice guy, and should've developed a ruthless streak by now. I liked him when he first came on the scene deputising for Webster/Pressly a few years ago and thought he'd mould into a promising centre half. He hasn't. He won't get any better.

Karipidis (along with Ruben) was one of our better players in the second half of last season in the middle.

Anyway I just thought I'd put it out there.

:eek:

Here we go. Berras turn this week:blahblah:

cobbyshambles

why all this talk of dropping players?we have to have some stability in the squad!berra is one of our best players!

Bit of a strange thread. Berra's overrated, granted - I think that the majority accept that - but he's not even close to being one of the first in line for this kind of treatment.

I personally think that Berra has stopped improving as a player since Pressley left the club. I still think he is learning his game and at times needs to be talked through a game and needs someone there to give him the odd word in his ear.

I think we're crying out for an experienced centre half and I think Berra would come on leaps and bounds if we brought in someone with a bit of experience.

Out of the choice of centre halfs we have a the minute I would definately pair him with Karipidas. Big Zal tries to make the game hard for himself at time I feel and ends up being his own worst enemy. I think he needs to learn the limits of his game and learn whens the right time to play the ball out from the back and whens the right time just to hump it clear!

Archived