Christophe Berra

Reidbait26

I'm hearing a lot of shouts for Kingston, Audrey, Mole, Wallace to be dropped but I can't be the only one who thinks Berra sholud GTF. The guy is a dreadful. Get Karipidis back in the middle at bring Palazuelos into the holding role we have struggled with.

Anyway back to our esteemed captain, I want to like him, I just cant. Can't captain the side, can't jump, can't tackle, can't pick a pass, no first touch. Always launches it up to whatever diddy we have up front bypassing the midfield, no composure, CAN'T PLAY FOOTBALL.

Looks far too much of a nice guy, and should've developed a ruthless streak by now. I liked him when he first came on the scene deputising for Webster/Pressly a few years ago and thought he'd mould into a promising centre half. He hasn't. He won't get any better.

Karipidis (along with Ruben) was one of our better players in the second half of last season in the middle.

Anyway I just thought I'd put it out there.

:eek:

Guest jambomickey
I'm hearing a lot of shouts for Kingston, Audrey, Mole, Wallace to be dropped but I can't be the only one who thinks Berra sholud GTF. The guy is a dreadful. Get Karipidis back in the middle at bring Palazuelos into the holding role we have struggled with.

Anyway back to our esteemed captain, I want to like him, I just cant. Can't captain the side, can't jump, can't tackle, can't pick a pass, no first touch. Always launches it up to whatever diddy we have up front bypassing the midfield, no composure, CAN'T PLAY FOOTBALL.

Looks far too much of a nice guy, and should've developed a ruthless streak by now. I liked him when he first came on the scene deputising for Webster/Pressly a few years ago and thought he'd mould into a promising centre half. He hasn't. He won't get any better.

Karipidis (along with Ruben) was one of our better players in the second half of last season in the middle.

berra deserves a medal! to be playing alongside bomb scare zaliukas, jason thomson and lee wallace, it's mot hard to not look good playing alongside that dross

Certainly no captain thats for sure. i think the boy will be a good player maybe with someone more experienced next to him.

I get where you are coming from tho. I thought we should have bit the hand of rangers and wolves who were offering 2-2.5 million for him.

Wolves and Rangers offered more like 1-1.5 million.I would snap there hand off 4 that!!! Big fairy of a man.

BobbyJenkins

I dont believe hes captain material as yet but hes definitely a good player with alot of potential. That is clear to see.

I dont believe hes captain material as yet but hes definitely a good player with alot of potential. That is clear to see.

How the hell is that clear to see.He is like a young Lee Wilkie.

He's the best defender we have! Agree i would accept a 1+million bid if we got that again. Also like someone said if you play alongside that dross at the back it will start to rub off on him. Just one other thing i think the OP is a bit harsh saying he should 'GTF'. Why does everyone always over-react in saying this all the time?

What did you think of his performance last Saturday specifically?

So ok he is not brilliant , however by far our best defender, and scottish and still young. I can`t believe you think Karipidis would make a better centre than berra?:eek:

As someone said before hes lacking an experienced player to play alongside, it isnt his fault we have such a shocking defensive unit with a midfielder right back!

best in the land

berra was a promising player when we had elvis,webster and less madness in the background.

but without someone to learn from alongside him he's gone stale imo.

should never have been made captain.

but then i don't see anyone else who would do much better,mikey stewart shows more motivation and passion,but cant keep the head when things go wrong.

theres no role models at tynie now. vlad wont allow it. :mad:

eh?

im a hobo for supporting berra?

don`t jump to hasty conclusions, that was aimed at sections of this forum slating berra.

think before you post

Randle P McMurphy
What did you think of his performance last Saturday specifically?

Personally I am not a huge fan of Berra, he is a reasonable enough defender but prone to the odd lapse and his distribution is poor. I think he could have become a top class player if he had continued with Pressley guiding him for another year or two. However I thought he had one of his better games against Killie, certainly his best game this season.

Perhaps when one of the last remainng decent players at the club leaves and is replaced by yet another Romanov installed pile of rubbish that make up most of our squad, then perhaps we'll see that he was actually a pretty good player. When the last of the players who the fans have any chance of identifying with goes to be replaced by another of the here for a couple of years club means nothing to them types, perhaps then there will be a realisation that we need Hearts men at the club. Berra aint a Levein or a Pressley or even a McLaren but as far as I am concerned he's the best we've got. When he is undoubtedly sold or gets hacked off with the idiots who try to run our club, I for one will be angry.

Berra is in a defence with below average players. He's too young to have the responsibility of trying to lead our club and perhaps if there was an alternative in the squad he wouldn't be captain. But other then Stewart there is nobody.

berra was a promising player when we had elvis,webster and less madness in the background.

but without someone to learn from alongside him he's gone stale imo.

should never have been made captain.

but then i don't see anyone else who would do much better,mikey stewart shows more motivation and passion,but cant keep the head when things go wrong.

theres no role models at tynie now. vlad wont allow it. :mad:

I'd accept those points, I sympathise with him being made captain too young and during a very turbulent time, as you say, who else would be captain. Also he didn't ask to be made captain. I just believe in terms of basic footballing ability he's very poor.

So ok he is not brilliant , however by far our best defender, and scottish and still young. I can`t believe you think Karipidis would make a better centre than berra?:eek:

As someone said before hes lacking an experienced player to play alongside, it isnt his fault we have such a shocking defensive unit with a midfielder right back!

My support is a disaster? Karipidis is definitely a better centre half, although he's no holding midfielder! Berra's development at Hearts, like many other youngsters has stalled in the last couple of years. Incidentally, what do you make of our midfielder at right back?

Christophe Bungle is a disaster. Can't captain and ain't much of a player.

You Hobo's stick together. ;)

How the hell is that clear to see.He is like a young Lee Wilkie.

Ah the much maligned Wilkie, who strolled through a game against us a few weeks ago.

Berra may be no Levein but he is our best defender.

If we wish to concede fewer goals we should be pointing the finger elsewhere.

He needs a old pair of shoulders next to him, as does Zaliukas.

Either would be great centre halfs alongside a Davy Weir.

Berra has the potential to be a very good player but he has got to improve his concentration. He makes some very basic errors on a regular basis. Zaliukus always seems to get the blame for the soft goals that we lose but more often than not Berra is every bit as much to blame.

In a nutshell.

Or a Steven pressley :whistling:

Anyway, this thread just makes me think: with fans like the OP, who needs an away support??

Anyway, this thread just makes me think: with fans like the OP, who needs an away support??

He IS the away support :cool:

Dr Ian Malcolm

By far and away our best centre half. Only defender we have with genuine pace. Why do so many insist on "punting" players when there's no obvious, readily available and more importantly better replacements?

Ah, the one bad game syndrome. The OP hasn`t got a clue. IMO, Berra has been solid and lead by example at the back for most part.

Maybe not captain material but the guy is a decent player. Get Zaliukas out the road and get the calm head of Karipidis beside Berra.

Perhaps when one of the last remainng decent players at the club leaves and is replaced by yet another Romanov installed pile of rubbish that make up most of our squad, then perhaps we'll see that he was actually a pretty good player. When the last of the players who the fans have any chance of identifying with goes to be replaced by another of the here for a couple of years club means nothing to them types, perhaps then there will be a realisation that we need Hearts men at the club. Berra aint a Levein or a Pressley or even a McLaren but as far as I am concerned he's the best we've got. When he is undoubtedly sold or gets hacked off with the idiots who try to run our club, I for one will be angry.

Berra is in a defence with below average players. He's too young to have the responsibility of trying to lead our club and perhaps if there was an alternative in the squad he wouldn't be captain. But other then Stewart there is nobody.

Yup I agree.

And there's plenty more folk now looking forward to Robbie returning.

In fact, i looked at the the original post to make sure that was what i read the first time.

:eek: 13 posts? someones on the wind-up methinks.

Ah, the one bad game syndrome. The OP hasn`t got a clue. IMO, Berra has been solid and lead by example at the back for most part.

Maybe not captain material but the guy is a decent player. Get Zaliukas out the road and get the calm head of Karipidis beside Berra.

Sorry,i know its only one game but at Hamilton,for example,Zal looked more of a captain than Berra.I'm not having a pop at Berra,i think they can work together but the whole defensive unit has to be strong.Left back is a big problem at the minute and right back is still not on the money IMO.We could do with Maybury right now.

Anyone any good at anagrams?

Just that I get very suspicious when a new controversial poster with the numbers 6 and 2 in their user name appears.

Greedy_Jambo

Berra is definately over rated. He's a good young player but nothing more. He should never of been given the captains arm band. That was a complete joke and only came about because of mad vlad taking a dislike to pressley gordon and hartley ( the backbone of our team) sigh.

Ah the much maligned Wilkie, who strolled through a game against us a few weeks ago.

Berra may be no Levein but he is our best defender.

If we wish to concede fewer goals we should be pointing the finger elsewhere.

I was meaning Berra will end up like him.Club to club.This is his level.

Anyone any good at anagrams?

Just that I get very suspicious when a new controversial poster with the numbers 6 and 2 in their user name appears.

Im a newcomer, Reid is my surname, bait is a load of nonsense and the 26 part is my favourite number, Niemi's old number! No conspiracy or anything else! One of my first threads. I used to just look at threads but I decided to enter one of my own. I'm not a hibee in disguise or anything! You'll prob see more of me from now on.

OP? Is that original poster? As you will see from the number of posts compared to everyone else I'm a relative newcomer.

Konrad von Carstein

I have to agree with the opinion that Berra is not captain material (yet).

2 things that caught my eye on Saturday...Wallace made an absolute cods of something allowing the ball to go for a throw in...given his documented lack of confidence a CAPTAIN would have taken a moment to have a quick word of encouragement..Berra was nowhere.

Second one was during a slack period for us I noticed Big Zal trying to encourage the team with Berra nowhere. Zal is never the best defender but he does seem to have the mental attitude of a leader on the pitch. Perhaps with responsibility Zal could provide the leadership required just now...where did I put my tin hat?

Berra is one of the few talented players we have left. he is strong, pacy and wins his battles - all the attributes a top centre half needs. I think we were right to reject the bids for him as he will go on to be worth more as long as we start performing as a team.

The only thing that annoys me is it looks like he doesnt have confidence in those around him as he is always spare when teams are delivering crosses like he expects them to make a mistake.

When robbie neilson comes back and our midfield learn to track back we will concede far less goals, wouldn't mind maybury at left back as well but definetly feel zal needs replaced with someone with a better reading of the game to compliment berra.

Berras been immense this season, been our best player by miles.

Cant believe people want him dropped.

And Lee Wallace is s***

Guest S.U.S.S.

And Lee Wallace is s***

Best player? are you having a laugh?

And Lee Wallace is s***

U been on the bevy already.Best player? bahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Oh and if ure sober.get a drink down your neck ffs

Best player? are you having a laugh?

No im serious.

Why should he be given slack when there are players and I hate to say it like Kingston doing **** all in games, ok he scored at the weekend but what has he actualy done this season?

The only performers this season have been Kello, Berra and even Miko who has had a few good games.

But oh but Berra is captain so we should slag him off as usual?

If it wasnt for Berra we would be way in the bottom half of the table, he has been one of the most consistent CB's in Scotland this season, were lucky to have him, and someone said he aint captain material.

Well who else is there that is better than him to take the captancy.

The only proper leader is Berra.

U been on the bevy already.Best player? bahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Oh and if ure sober.get a drink down your neck ffs

Are you a sheep?

Bahahaha?

What age are you? 10?

Then you tell me, being so in the knowledge of our best players a better player than Berra than him and the others I mentioned.

Guest S.U.S.S.
No im serious.

Why should he be given slack when there are players and I hate to say it like Kingston doing **** all in games, ok he scored at the weekend but what has he actualy done this season?

The only performers this season have been Kello, Berra and even Miko who has had a few good games.

But oh but Berra is captain so we should slag him off as usual?

If it wasnt for Berra we would be way in the bottom half of the table, he has been one of the most consistent CB's in Scotland this season, were lucky to have him, and someone said he aint captain material.

Well who else is there that is better than him to take the captancy.

The only proper leader is Berra.

Berra is not a leader, a leader can organise, a leader can motivate, and to do these things he needs to be vocal. Im not saying he has no talent, but he is not a leader of men.

and to leave Stewart off you list is a crime. Now there is a man with passion, been playing well the only flaw at the moment is silly bookings.

10 times the captain Berra could be.

Berra is not a leader, a leader can organise, a leader can motivate, and to do these things he needs to be vocal. Im not saying he has no talent, but he is not a leader of men.

and to leave Stewart off you list is a crime. Now there is a man with passion, been playing well the only flaw at the moment is silly bookings.

10 times the captain Berra could be.

Yeah sorry Stewart I forgot to mention has been fantastic but he gets stupid bookings and one I can recall has cost us dear, I rate Berra, think hes a fantastic defender, he would fit in the Old Firm defence easily aswell I just think the slack hes getting is uncalled for as he alongside the others I said and Stewart have been our best players.

Are you a sheep?

Bahahaha?

What age are you? 10?

Then you tell me, being so in the knowledge of our best players a better player than Berra than him and the others I mentioned.

Stewart????? shhh little boy

Yeah sorry Stewart I forgot to mention has been fantastic but he gets stupid bookings and one I can recall has cost us dear, I rate Berra, think hes a fantastic defender, he would fit in the Old Firm defence easily aswell I just think the slack hes getting is uncalled for as he alongside the others I said and Stewart have been our best players.

Driver is a player not his fault he has been injured.Zaliukas has been better than Berra as well.

Berra is doing fine this season. I dont see why he gets blamed for being the captain all the time. He was given the captaincy by Romanov, hardly his fault. I think he is growing into the role a bit better now though, but the thing is you need more than one leader on the pitch. The likes of Stewart, Karipidis, Kingston all need to help with leading the team and not just leave it to young Berra when things go bad.

At the moment I would put Karipidis back alongside him at centre back and bring Ruben into midfield or possibly Bruno in the coming weeks. I think it will help the defence when Robbie is back aswell as he is another player the younger ones can look up to. Even though half the fans on here have little respect for him as a player. Wallace is struggling a bit at left back just now, but we dont have another option there at the moment and im sure if he gets a couple of good performances, including Hearts keeping a clean sheet for a change, his confidence will pick up a bit.

Berra is doing fine this season. I dont see why he gets blamed for being the captain all the time. He was given the captaincy by Romanov, hardly his fault. I think he is growing into the role a bit better now though, but the thing is you need more than one leader on the pitch. The likes of Stewart, Karipidis, Kingston all need to help with leading the team and not just leave it to young Berra when things go bad.

At the moment I would put Karipidis back alongside him at centre back and bring Ruben into midfield or possibly Bruno in the coming weeks. I think it will help the defence when Robbie is back aswell as he is another player the younger ones can look up to. Even though half the fans on here have little respect for him as a player. Wallace is struggling a bit at left back just now, but we dont have another option there at the moment and im sure if he gets a couple of good performances, including Hearts keeping a clean sheet for a change, his confidence will pick up a bit.

I agree wi most of that but on form Zaliukas should be back there wi Karapidis beside him.

Berra's one of our best players and has been for a while..... or is he in the scotland squad and our captain for no reason???

Archived