Sitting in the away end...

Jambosimmy

Sometime in the 80's (dont remember the year) a hibs v dundee(i think) game was cancelled due to waterlogged pitch or something along those lines after the fans had paid to get in so they decided to replay the game midweek with free entry to all so a few mates and i decided to to go in the Dundee end. Once inside our hearts scarfs were produced from under our jackets and we spent the whole game having a stone fight with some wee lochend *****s up the back of the stand through the poorly segragated fencing.

The Future's Maroon
Was that not early 90's? I was in the old main stand, bottom tier, right next to the away end. One and only time Ive ever been there so the game sticks out!

Sure it was the case that we needed to win, or we were into the play off (mind we used to have a prem div/1st division playoff?)

Sure Brian Hamilton scored, maybe Robbo too? Cannie quite mind.......London Hearts, where are you!!!!!

It was certainly a good few years ago, but cant remember....I shall remaniss (sp) with my mates when I see them next?

It was def against Motherwell and Robbo def scored and cruical goal (might not have even been a penalty) and Tynie was packed to the rafters!

Fester Road, 2006.

Me and a friend, having been unable to get tickets despite applying for them (The Burley bandwagoners were still latching on, even in season '06-'07) decided to chance our luck by heading down Leith anyway. So we hit Middletons as normal, and got absolutely rat-ersed, before remembering we had no tickets at about half two.

Anyway, we stood outside for about forty minutes, while the game started inside. It became clear that we weren't going to get tickets. At that moment, 6 Hibernian youth players walked by, so i chanced my luck and asked if they had tickets. They were apprehensive, but i offered ?30 in sheer desperation, and he took it. My mate was unwilling so i left him behind.

Now, obviously the tickets were for the mhanks end, but i wasn't bothered at this stage. I made my way towards the main stand and couldn't believe where i was directed to.. the hospitality section (leather seats et al..). On the way in i was questioned by the steward, who'd seen me harassing Jambos for tickets 10 mins earlier, but i proclaimed that i was a life-long Reptile (I still feel worthless for that, honestly) and he let me through.

So i sat listening to these slum-dwelling hubs tramps, Piltoners, Grantoners and some of the biggest c**** i've heard in my life (and this was the comfy section, middle of the Main). Honestly, some of the xenophobic bile they were coming out with was insane.. total hatred towards anything Lithuanian/Yamish.

Anyway, we went 1-0 down, and i had to stand and clap, i felt sick. On the way to the bogs at half time i seen 2 or 3 mini-mhanks that i knew but i kept my head down. Incidentally, the Evening News has some right erse-licking advertisements in the bogs like '6-2.. what a day' slogans and stuff.. Banderson's idea no doubt. Anyway, Roman Bedknobs cracked one in the back of the net in the 2nd half and i swear i yelped slightly..sitting on my hands. It was a moment i won't forget. So, so awkward.

I then left the ground, and mingled back in with my ain; the good people of Edinburgh.. Heart of Midlothian fans.

FTH

eddie fenwick

4 of us had hospitality at parkheid about 96-97,had a great time sitting with jimmy boyle and the likes,all the guys round about us were sound and even said well done when hammy scored a couple of mins into the 2nd half,next thing a group appears and things start to get a bit heated,ever fought your way out of the celtic end?not very pleasent

Remember many years ago,Hearts vRangers cup tie at tynecastle.Could not get a ticket for the game,I had a very good contact at the time for tickets etc.He told me he would get me a ticket,he phoned me back a bit later,told me he had a ticket for me he was laughing when he told me this,he said its for the rangers end!The dilemma!should i go or not,after much thought i decided to take it.It was a very cold windy night at Tynecastle,in the middle of all those blue noses,i just had a short thin jacket on,was fecking freezing,

this rangers supporter offered me his spare scarf! i said no thanks im ok!! he was a bit puzzled when i refused.Rangers scored after about 30 minutes they are all leaping about im pretending i dropped something out my pocket looking

on the ground,what a nightmare,soon as the half time whistle went,i was off

could not stand it anymore.vowed never ever again!!

Before they put fences up, you were in the home teams end a lot. I remember swapping ends at half time in lots of grounds.

I was in the home end at Dunfermline in late 70's / early 80's, wearing my colours and not thinking anything was wrong in that!!!! It kicked off in the Hearts end at half time (fighting the police and trying to get on the pitch). No one said boo to me.

I was also in the home end at ibrox, when I was about 12 or 13. I think it was the first year the broomloan was opened. Ended up with about 20 other Jambos getting pelted with pies, bovril, spit etc. Oh what fun.

Went to Broomfield with a mate who was a Airdrie fan, when they were playing Hearts. He told me to keep feckin shut as they have a real real hatred for Hearts and their fans. Course when we scored, I went mental. Nobody really went for me, just got spat on, and told where to go etc. However when they scored, lots of them made a point of baning into me when jumping about.

I seem to remember,swapping ends at either QOS or Ayr Utd at half time and it went off. Also walking up the "no mans land" between the fans at Airdrie. This was during halftime and I was heading to the toilet. Some of you will remember that the toilets were just about in between the two sets of fans and you only had a few coppers keeping the fans apart. Well I was walking up to go for a jimmy whilst the Hearts fans were chanting "ATTACK ATTACK ATTACKATTACKATTACK", now anyone who went to the games back then will know that this was sung prior to a run at the opposition. I didn't quite make it to the loo, before the Hearts fans charged, only for the Airdrie fans to charge also. I ****e myself.

1972 Copeland Road end of Ibrox ... we had gone with Glaswegian cousins and uncles (all Rangers fans) and ended up in their end ... Hearts scored and my uncle and I just took off in celebration ... when we stopped jumping and dancing around there was a twenty to thirty yard empty area around us ... the bears all standing looking at us as if we were mental ... :P

a bit of a torrid time getting out of it tho, lots of punches and flying boots ... :eek:

My uncle took me to a game at tynie in the hibs end about 1988(cant remember what year)

My dad worked abroad at the time so he could not take me

All my mum side of the family are hobos

I went along just a young boy hoping to see the game

We won 1-0 nil Alan rough came out slipped JC rounded him and sqaured it to robbo.

I ran to the front to cheer then remembered where I was so I started booing.

Later on a seen a few folk fi the pans they were saying are you not a jambo.

Stupid Sexy Flanders

I've sat in the home ends at both Ibrox and Parkhead when we've played there. We got gubbed on both occasions and I had to stand and clap the goals so as not to give myself away! Not a pleasant experience!

I sat in the Hibs end when we beat them 4-0 on New Years day at ER years ago.

It was fecking torture!!

Likewise, I was in the home end too for that game. Old Main Stand, Mickey scored 2 IIRC. I had my Hearts scarf on under my jacket, and proudly put it on show as I left the main stand at the final whistle. By this time, there was not enough Hibby's left to give a toss.

Wonderful result, wonderful day!

1st Jan 1997 I think it was.

My uncle, my best mate and his father in law are all Hobos. They invited me to the corporate hospitality. Motherwell beat the Hobos 3-2. There was a line of Motherwell fans in this same stand havin a great time slagging off the Hobos, at which point I laughed. Oops, blew my cover! Hearts won 2-0 at Celtic Park the same day. Great day and to cap it all I put a tenner on Motherwell winning and was the only one to collect from the bookies in the hospitality that day. Hee Hee..........

Archived