Striker in January ?

grumpyespana

grumpyespana

As we all can see we need to bring in one or two strikers who can score goals, what about Craig Beattie from WBA he can score goals and has played in the SPL.

Grumpy.

Jambof3tornado

Surely its far too early to start the usual speculation of who or who not may join us in january.

(would berbatov be too much??);)

As its blatantly obvious we need wing backs and strikers I fully expect us to sign a gk and cm or two:mad:

As we all can see we need to bring in one or two strikers who can score goals, what about Craig Beattie from WBA he can score goals and has played in the SPL.

Grumpy.

Well i'd be happy to have him but as this would require the spending of proper money, which as we are always being told, we do not have I can't see it happening. I know they said we would sell a few players to buy some in but that would mean finding someone idiotic enough to buy some of our wasters first, so we might be waiting a while for our new striker. Alternatively we might get one from the magic pyramid, apparently they are free.

Surely its far too early to start the usual speculation of who or who not may join us in january.

(would berbatov be too much??);)

I prefer Branimir...from next round:cool:

we'll get whoever the mad one sanctions / picks himself. and if we don't like that, we'll get nothing else and have to go to bed hungry.

Buffalo Bill

I'm with Prancer on this one.

I think we need more goalkeepers and centre midfielders.

We have to keep Ruben on his toes, don't we?

Buffalo Bill

Yep - we need 2 new strikers. 2 new fullbacks, a midfielder and a centre half. Lazslo says the committee want to bring in 5 new players in Jan. I'm sure we'll all agree if they're as good as Obua and Toolbar then we're in for a real treat.

Yep - we need 2 new strikers. 2 new fullbacks, a midfielder and a centre half. Lazslo says the committee want to bring in 5 new players in Jan. I'm sure we'll all agree if they're as good as Obua and Toolbar then we're in for a real treat.

well judged. a balanced, well informed piece of sarcasm there. bravo

I've heard that Rapnik guy missed a tackle at training a week past tuesday, Rapnik GTF

Grumpy.

Sutton from Motherwell?

Yes and we've known this since the end of last season and what did we do about it? Fekall! Come the January transfer window, i would expect yet another defensive midfielder and a goalie brought in, they're that short-sighted they don't seem to see what the rest of us do, as for a striker? am no holdin ma breath!

Captain Scarlett

id love hearts to go for The scottish lad who was at blackburn, think he is out on loan. Paul Gallagher. always scored goals when given a chance at blackburn. If he came to hearts and scored a few goals surely that would boost his chances of a scotland call too.

Don't care who they bring in, as long as they can put the ball in the net!, i'd even get Robbie Winters in, he wants to come back to Scotland and we're desperate for a striker. Why not offer him a short term contract to see what he can offer.

id love hearts to go for The scottish lad who was at blackburn, think he is out on loan. Paul Gallagher. always scored goals when given a chance at blackburn. If he came to hearts and scored a few goals surely that would boost his chances of a scotland call too.

I think that he is on loan at Plymouth?

He looked a great prospect when he first broke through at Blackburn. Has stagnated a bit though.

Captain Scarlett
I think that he is on loan at Plymouth?

He looked a great prospect when he first broke through at Blackburn. Has stagnated a bit though.

Yeah but surely hearts could be a new start. Although im not sure if he would even want to play in scotland.

need full backs imo

as for a striker i think if glen got another chance im sure he would grasp it and get a lot more chances/goals than mole/nade/makela put together

We have little or no money to use, how are we going to sign anyone?

Even if we offload say, Kingston & Nade, I still can't see the money being reinvested in a recognisable player (s).

We will no doubt bring in a few no-name eastern Europeans.

boabyarsebiscuit

Some things which will go through a player's mind when considering signing for Hearts in January. Particularly one playing for another SPL Club - John Sutton got a mention up the thread, let's say him for example.

1. Will I get paid? Money looks good, but that's a worry.

2. Will Hearts sneak in some clause voiding my contract if certain conditons aren't met?

3. Will the owner stop the manager from picking me even if I am good enough?

4. Will the manager who signs me still be around a few months after I sign?

5. Will the manager slag me off in public if he decides he doesn't fancy me as a player any more?

6. Will I get a minor injury which keeps me out for months like seems to have happend to other players there in the last few seasons? Will I get crocked in training?

7. Is Hearts a better option than where I am now, or Dundee Utd who are also interested in me?

When people on here celebrate the club dumping players inexplicably, or cheating them in contract negotiations, don't you realise this is where this sort of thing starts to hurt? When it comes to signing new players.

Guest JamboRobbo
When people on here celebrate the club dumping players inexplicably, or cheating them in contract negotiations, don't you realise this is where this sort of thing starts to hurt?

The scary thing is, I don't think they do mate.

I can already see a few people whipping themselves up into a complete frenzy over this signings quote. He's said he's looking to bring in 4/5 players, so of course if this doesn't happen we will have been lied to again............

I can already see a few people whipping themselves up into a complete frenzy over this signings quote. He's said he's looking to bring in 4/5 players, so of course if this doesn't happen we will have been lied to again............

Nope, it means he hasn't got a clue who's coming in and has probably just plucked a figure out of the air. What he should have said was "The gaffer hasn't told me who i'll be buying yet" ;) Honesty goes a long way with the fans.

Nope, it means he hasn't got a clue who's coming in and has probably just plucked a figure out of the air. What he should have said was "The gaffer hasn't told me who i'll be buying yet" ;) Honesty goes a long way with the fans.

I'm sure he is looking to sign 4/5 players but whether he can will almost certainly depend on what can be offloaded. There are financial constraints in football* as well as throughout business generally so 4/5 may not be possible in the end but that does not make his statement wrong - unless you're one of those who analyse and criticise all things Hearts.

* Breaking news (for you) - there is a credit crunch on with banks in disarray.

Billy the Jambo

IMO we wont sign anyone in January so its a waste of time speculating .Csaba says he would like 4/5 players to come in january. I would like to have a threesome with Kylie and Kelly Brooke but neither of these are going to happen

Yep - we need 2 new strikers. 2 new fullbacks, a midfielder and a centre half.

I would agree with that.

The priorities being the fullbacks and one of the strikers required. It is of paramount importance that our real problem positions (left back, right back and a pacy, mobile, goal getting striker) are sorted out. Laszlo once said it takes him 5 minutes (or some equally small amount) of play to know if a player is any good, he seems to have erred on this given his insistance we sign Obua (I was going to just mention the positions of the players he signed, but I am not sure exactly what his position is) and two goalkeepers.

After we have sorted out these three, I would like to see us move for a creative, goal getting, Hartley/Cameron style midfielder and a solid Centre Half to play alongside Berra.

If our luck is still in, and we can afford another player, then another striker would make a huge difference.

Truthfully? I feel we will sign a left back, a striker and a defensive midfielder.

Grumpy.

Take your pick from this lot.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FBK_Kaunas#Current_squad

Thing Tullberg showed glimpses of a good player on his debut but unsurprisingly short on fitness. Think you're being incredibly harsh.

Personally think we'll see how good Obua is after Christmas. So far looks a different player to the one we expected but certainly not a complete huddy.

Some things which will go through a player's mind when considering signing for Hearts in January. Particularly one playing for another SPL Club - John Sutton got a mention up the thread, let's say him for example.

2. Will Hearts sneak in some clause voiding my contract if certain conditons aren't met?

5. Will the manager slag me off in public if he decides he doesn't fancy me as a player any more?

6. Will I get a minor injury which keeps me out for months like seems to have happend to other players there in the last few seasons? Will I get crocked in training?

7. Is Hearts a better option than where I am now, or Dundee Utd who are also interested in me?

When people on here celebrate the club dumping players inexplicably, or cheating them in contract negotiations, don't you realise this is where this sort of thing starts to hurt? When it comes to signing new players.

Excellent post. Some people just don't see it. I expect us to sign the grand total of naff all. Well not anyone decent or that we've ever heard of. Can't think why anyone decent would come.

Very good post. The way I see it, the financial incentive to come to Hearts would have to be considerably greater than that offered by the competition to make the attendant risks you mentioned seem even vaguely worth taking.

Not that I think we're in the business of going for decent SPL players who could do a job for us. Politically and financially, we're not currently operating in that sphere.

In my opinion our priority is a midfielder who gets beyond the strikers.

A Paul Hartley or a Colin Cameron is exactly what we need.

Stewart is trying his best, but this is not his position.

The rejuvenated Stewart alongside a goal scoring midfielder would be fantastic. Nade and Tullberg could complement them great.

Captain Canada

Don't see why we'll sign a striker in January - it was glaringly obvious we needed about 4 in the last transfer window and we got 1 injured one!

We should maybe just convert Eggert Jonsson to a striker and see how he does?

In my opinion our priority is a midfielder who gets beyond the strikers.

A Paul Hartley or a Colin Cameron is exactly what we need.

Stewart is trying his best, but this is not his position.

The rejuvenated Stewart alongside a goal scoring midfielder would be fantastic. Nade and Tullberg could complement them great.

Any ideas where we could get one at a price we can afford?

Archived