Accepting liability for an accident, who is at faulty?

Walter Bishop

Walter Bishop

Help required guys,

Im turning of main road (going left) into works yard a stationery vehicle at the side of the main road starts reversing back slightly as car in front of it is too close so he can pull out onto the main road, my front end and passenger door passes reversing vehicle which then reverses straight into rear wing and part of rear passenger door!!! At no point did i see car reversing hence why i turned left into yard.

I say im not at fault and other person claims it`s not his fault either! Anybody advise me as to what they think?

For the record not a scratch on the other guy`s car!!!!:mad::mad:

ELIBURN JAMBO(THE ORIGINA

He's at fault because your meant to look in your rear view mirror to ensure the coast is clear before starting a manoevre so tell the cun* to fuc* off!

Walter Payton
Help required guys,

Im turning of main road (going left) into works yard a stationery vehicle at the side of the main road starts reversing back slightly as car in front of it is too close so he can pull out onto the main road, my front end and passenger door passes reversing vehicle which then reverses straight into rear wing and part of rear passenger door!!! At no point did i see car reversing hence why i turned left into yard.

I say im not at fault and other person claims it`s not his fault either! Anybody advise me as to what they think?

For the record not a scratch on the other guy`s car!!!!:mad::mad:

Surely if he reversed across a junction it can only be his fault?

Walter Bishop
He's at fault because your meant to look in your rear view mirror to ensure the coast is clear before starting a manoevre so tell the cun* to fuc* off!

Exactly, but he claims he done this and road was clear so started to reverse!! I tried to explain that if this was the case i would have hit him or he'd have hit front of my car!!!

Brian Whittaker's Tache

He hit you

He's at fault. Stopping distances, making sure the direction in which youre travelling is clear etc etc

Get Him Pumped!!

In the eyes of the Law, He's at fault!! How's your neck/Shoulder/Back? that whiplash can hurt like fek and sometimes it takes a few hours to realise how sore it is!! :P

No win, no fee!!!!!! ;)

You should never accept liability for an accident. Let the insurance companies sort it out.

spot on.

pratsina glitsa

I sort this kind of nonsense out for a living.

Quick opinion - 25% him 75% you.

You were the one who altered the direction of travel

Walter Bishop
I sort this kind of nonsense out for a living.

Quick opinion - 25% him 75% you.

You were the one who altered the direction of travel

He was reversing on the wrong side of the road!! :eek:

Goldstone Wonder

If you started your manoeuvre before he started his I would say it's 100% his fault.

Archived