Surely now Aguiar plays from start..

Captain Scarlett

Captain Scarlett

Surely after scoring against Falkirk reserves and now scoring a free kick in todays reserve game against Inverness, surely he can start against the vermin. I for one would be happy to welcome him back into the starting line up. i know they are only reserve games but its good to see Makela scoring 2 goals today aswell.

Surely after scoring against Falkirk reserves and now scoring a free kick in todays reserve game against Inverness, surely he can start against the vermin. I for one would be happy to welcome him back into the starting line up. i know they are only reserve games but its good to see Makela scoring 2 goals today aswell.[/QUOTE]

No it's not. :sad:

Surely after scoring against Falkirk reserves and now scoring a free kick in todays reserve game against Inverness, surely he can start against the vermin. I for one would be happy to welcome him back into the starting line up. i know they are only reserve games but its good to see Makela scoring 2 goals today aswell.

I'd love to see him back in the first team, not sure if the pace of an Edinburgh derby is the right game to bring him back into though, i'd certainly bring him on in say the last 20/30 minutes when legs are tiring on both teams, don't want one of their manky players chopping him down early in the game, possibly injuring him again. As for Makela, i'd always thought he got a raw deal by the management as they never gave him a chance but, after i saw him against Motherwell in the opening game, my opinion of him has changed!

Jambof3tornado

One of Makelas goals today was an OG and the other was flueky to say the least,his shot coming back off the post and hitting him before going over the line.

As for Bruno,I would get him back in the team because he is playing better football that I think I ever saw out of him prior to his injuries. Stewart isnt playing well and neither is Larry and Karapidis shouldnt be in midfield anyway so there are several ways for Bruno to get back into the starting 11.(Ruben played well today also,not sure what he has to do to get into the starting 11),surely after 2 defeats we can expect our manager to make changes??

One of Makelas goals today was an OG and the other was flueky to say the least,his shot coming back off the post and hitting him before going over the line.

As for Bruno,I would get him back in the team because he is playing better football that I think I ever saw out of him prior to his injuries. Stewart isnt playing well and neither is Larry and Karapidis shouldnt be in midfield anyway so there are several ways for Bruno to get back into the starting 11.(Ruben played well today also,not sure what he has to do to get into the starting 11),surely after 2 defeats we can expect our manager to make changes??

Mmmm...i think it's a bit risky playing Aguiar from the start, Palazuelos i would, seeing as he's been fit enough all season. Shame he's being treated like shecht by the coaches. No doubt he'll be another one glad to get out of the club when he can, joining a growing list of disgruntled players to have played for us over the last 3 years or so.

The complete recreation of Bruno as a footballer is ridicolous, Bruno is according to some on here some top creative midfielder, if thats the case why even before his injury could be barely get a game?

Bruno is an ok player and granted he is tidy but he is not suited to the scottish game at all, he cant cope with the physical aspect or the pace

He is no better than Ruben, eggert, larry, stewart and for this reason he will be lucky to see much more than the odd sub appearence

As for Makela, people claim hes crap and tbh he isnt a great footballer but he scores goals wherever he gets a chance, you could count his hearts FT appearences on your own digits and even when he does show up its about 5 minutes.

He has proven at previous clubs he can score goals and I feel we should give him a run of 10 games or so to see what he does, if he scores goals but not much else I would be happy with that

wouldn't mind seeing the fella back in the team, especially after the snash we've had to watch recently. if they must persist with a 4-5-1, let's face it we have haven't seen the back of that... my pref would be for him to play as the holding player behind a 4 of:

driver / palazuelos / stewart / kingston or miko

it's about time ruben was given a chance as well. speaking of which.... where the hell is gary glen???

I hope bruno does start playing from the start in every game aswell.. I think he's a good player and he can strike a ball.. Maby he can start banging in some goals for us..

Dont understand why ruban isint in the squad from the start, dosent make sence, he was one of our best player all last season..

I hope bruno does start playing from the start in every game aswell.. I think he's a good player and he can strike a ball.. Maby he can start banging in some goals for us..

Dont understand why ruban isint in the squad from the start, dosent make sence, he was one of our best player all last season..

Again the whole Ruben thing is a myth

In a way he is very similar to Bruno and isnt really suited to the scottish game

Neither is a bad player, there just not an SPL type player and struggle with the scottish game

Midfields in scotland need players like Stewart, we are not going to recreate the way scottish football is so we need players who suit scotland

I would quite happily move both Ruben and Bruno on and bring in a Seve or Nicholson to partner Stewart

I think we missed out in the summer not going for Stewart as he seems to have done very well so far and actually surprised me as I didnt think he was that good

Am I the only person who does not rate Bruno. I just don't see really what he's going to provide, though granted I would play him ahead of Karapidis. That said I would Jonnson and Ruben above Karipidis and Bruno.

He not really great defensively and whilst he can play some nice balls there not particulary incisive. Just find him a bit pedestrian for the SPL.

Never have really got the fuss, he has ability, but not suited to the SPL.

We've missed someone with the delivery he has. He's a danger when shooting from distance too and is someone who gets his foot on the ball and is composed.

Am I the only person who does not rate Bruno. I just don't see really what he's going to provide, though granted I would play him ahead of Karapidis. That said I would Jonnson and Ruben above Karipidis and Bruno.

He not really great defensively and whilst he can play some nice balls there not particulary incisive. Just find him a bit pedestrian for the SPL.

Never have really got the fuss, he has ability, but not suited to the SPL.

no, you`re not the only one.

Think there`s mibbe a lot of maroon tinted glasses goin round, cause i can`t remember him being much more than an average squad type player. Fair enough we`re not exactly settin the turf alight in the middle of the park, but is it that bad that we`re laying hopes on a guy who`s hardly kicked a ball in 2 years?

i would love to be proved wrong about Aguiar, and that he is this great returning hero, but i`d like to see Jonsson or Ruben given a run in their position of choice.

Captain Scarlett

As for Bruno,I would get him back in the team because he is playing better football that I think I ever saw out of him prior to his injuries. Stewart isnt playing well and neither is Larry and Karapidis shouldnt be in midfield anyway so there are several ways for Bruno to get back into the starting 11.(Ruben played well today also,not sure what he has to do to get into the starting 11),surely after 2 defeats we can expect our manager to make changes??[/QUOTE]

iits hearts we are talking about so i wouldnt bank on that hahaha

Patrick Bateman
The complete recreation of Bruno as a footballer is ridicolous, Bruno is according to some on here some top creative midfielder, if thats the case why even before his injury could be barely get a game?

Bruno had around 45 appearances before he was crippled. I'd say that was slightly more than "barely" any. :rolleyes:

Regular John

Bruno's gash.

I can't understand all the re-writing of history that he's supposedly some top top player. He was in the most part completely ineffective and lightweight before injured but had the odd decent touch/set piece which looked nice.

If he starts against Hibs we'll get murdered early doors for sure.

coatbridgejambo

hopefully driver back aswell we'd look in a bit better shape

Again the whole Ruben thing is a myth

In a way he is very similar to Bruno and isnt really suited to the scottish game

Neither is a bad player, there just not an SPL type player and struggle with the scottish game

Midfields in scotland need players like Stewart, we are not going to recreate the way scottish football is so we need players who suit scotland

I would quite happily move both Ruben and Bruno on and bring in a Seve or Nicholson to partner Stewart

I think we missed out in the summer not going for Stewart as he seems to have done very well so far and actually surprised me as I didnt think he was that good

What you are actually trying to infer here is that there is no place in any team that plays in the SPL for a creative player who actually tries to play football. What nonsense.

What you are actually trying to infer here is that there is no place in any team that plays in the SPL for a creative player who actually tries to play football. What nonsense.

No there is but they need to be a quick thinking aggressive creative player like hartley and brown

There is no place for slow technical creative players like Bruno and Ruben as the pace of scottish football means by the time they decide what their doing the opposition have steamrollered through them taken the ball and rushed up the park and scored

Ruben in particular takes too long on the ball and inevitably runs around in a circle until he loses it

No there is but they need to be a quick thinking aggressive creative player like hartley and brown

There is no place for slow technical creative players like Bruno and Ruben as the pace of scottish football means by the time they decide what their doing the opposition have steamrollered through them taken the ball and rushed up the park and scored

Ruben in particular takes too long on the ball and inevitably runs around in a circle until he loses it

So why is it Spanish teams regularly hump the fast moving, steamrolling Scottish teams ?

Sorry Prancer but once more a statement devoid of any basis in fact.

There is always a place in any team for a player who can actually play football and create chances. What you're telling us is that players with little or no skill but with a good engine that gets them from box to box are the main stay of Scottish Football. No wonder the national side is in such a mess!!

So why is it Spanish teams regularly hump the fast moving, steamrolling Scottish teams ?

Sorry Prancer but once more a statement devoid of any basis in fact.

Because there far better at actually playing that style of football and do it as a team thus when one boy tries to pass it the rest are on the same wavelength

Hearts and Ruben/Aguiar are not going to change the SPL style and when Ruben looks to play his style of football the rest of the SPL will be looking for a long ball or to go through him

If we want to do anything in the SPL we need good SPL players, not continental style players who are out of their depth in the SPL

Ruben and Bruno are not bad players but they do not suit hearts or the SPL style and for this reason they should be moved on and replaced by players who will fit the SPL

There is always a place in any team for a player who can actually play football and create chances. What you're telling us is that players with little or no skill but with a good engine that gets them from box to box are the main stay of Scottish Football. No wonder the national side is in such a mess!!

Our NT isnt a mess

Scotland are in the top 20 in the world, for a country our size that is actually an outstanding achievement

Scottish football is in a great position at the moment personally I would say ( the NT anyway) compared to recent history

Because there far better at actually playing that style of football and do it as a team thus when one boy tries to pass it the rest are on the same wavelength

Hearts and Ruben/Aguiar are not going to change the SPL style and when Ruben looks to play his style of football the rest of the SPL will be looking for a long ball or to go through him

If we want to do anything in the SPL we need good SPL players, not continental style players who are out of their depth in the SPL

Ruben and Bruno are not bad players but they do not suit hearts or the SPL style and for this reason they should be moved on and replaced by players who will fit the SPL

A good job then that Jim Baxter or Willie Hamilton arn't looking to play football in Scotland today since skill and style seem to be out of fashion.

So if we play a team of foreign players who are not from the SPL then we are laughing aren't we ........................... oops !:)

Our NT isnt a mess

Scotland are in the top 20 in the world, for a country our size that is actually an outstanding achievement

Scottish football is in a great position at the moment personally I would say ( the NT anyway) compared to recent history

I think I'll reserve judgement on that call until after Saturday!

So if we play a team of foreign players who are not from the SPL then we are laughing aren't we ........................... oops !:)

If you think players like Ruben or Aguiar will do anything for hearts in the SPL that is your opinion but I would happily see them both move on.

Theres no point in worrying about europe when we get beaten more often than not in the SPL because our team is on a different planet from everyone else in the league

Archived