Put a marker on Rat Boy?

Johanes de Silentio

Have to say, it's a shame the full moon doesn't come around more often cos Ratboy seems to get better looking! :rolleyes:

Jam Tarts 1874
Gotta agree with that but i think we should be playing a 4-1-4-1 with Karipidis sitting deep to cover runners from midfield and strikers coming deep as there is no doubt he's comfortable with the ball at his feet and he has more steel than Ruben but would rather see Eggert in there and keep Thomson at RB (thought he had a good game on Saturday) but know it's not gonna happen!

Yes, I think Karipidis could do a good job in front of the back four. But it is the back four I worry about!

I am sure hibs will be pressing, so maybe Kingston, Miko or if fit Driver could take advantage.

The midfield is a quandry, and I suppose it's all about opinions. I would like to see Bruno back and I would also like Ruben to play. That would mean Stewart and Karipidis out, I would be happy with that, but I know others would disagree. Personally I would put Kari beside Zali and drop Berra.

Jam Tarts 1874
Have to say, it's a shame the full moon doesn't come around more often cos Ratboy seems to get better looking! :rolleyes:

Only if you have an old Bukta top on and Riordan has his back turned!

He definitely looks much improved in Cracovia's pic! He has a face even his own mother would never get tired of slapping :eek:

Zaliukas to tackle?

I don't remember him going into a tackle without the dying swan routine afterward and calling on the trainer. Total sap. To think that he is wearing Alan McLaren's jersey. Can anyone remember Alan McLaren needing a wee rest and calling the trainer on when he was 'hurt'?

When did Alan McLaren wear number 26?

He is someone we have to be wary of in all honesty. Like it or lump it, he is a very good player and a match-winner to boot.

And looking through the current squad we have, I can't really pick out a match-winner. Larry I suppose, but he doesn't generally pop up with goals all that much to be considered a match-winner in the greatest sense of the word.

How we combat Riordan, I don't know. Zali as a few have mentioned but he isn't the answer. To be honest, looking at the possible defensive marksmen we have, I'm coming up with more questions as opposed to answers.

To summarise, I think Riordan could get the better of any of our defenders and taking someone off their beat to mark him leaves Nish and Fletcher with one less player to contend with. So quite simply, put Riordan to the back of our minds and instill the belief into the players that our 11 are better than their 11 and the collective sum of our parts should be enough to win the game. Feel that, think that, believe that and know that and with all that, allied to sheer determination, application and strength with a not inconsiderable amount of skill could see us through.........perhaps I should put the beer down.

Archived