Put a marker on Rat Boy?

Johanes de Silentio

Johanes de Silentio

Ok - so he's a ****, but the boy can fairly play fitba', and he seems to have galvanised the rest of the no-hopers in that team.

Would you man-mark him?

I would.

Who would it be?

Eggert Jonnson, says I!

Ok - so he's a ****, but the boy can fairly play fitba', and he seems to have galvanised the rest of the no-hopers in that team.

Would you man-mark him?

I would.

Who would it be?

Eggert Jonnson, says I!

All put in ?10 and I'll make sure he gets an injury this weekend.

Johanes de Silentio
By marker do you mean career ending injury?

I didnae mean that, but seein' as you mention it, that would be ok too!

Would you man-mark him?

I would.

Who would it be?

Eggert Jonnson, says I!

Yes and yes!

Captain Scarlett

Would you man-mark him?

I would.

Who would it be?

Eggert Jonnson, says I!

He can finish yes but hes not that great a footballer. I wouldnt have someone man mark him coz then that takes the man marker out our team. Im sure our defence will be aware what his qualities are and snuff him out.

The guy can play and he has a habit of scoring against us. I say punt the ned into the East Terracing first 5 mins!

The guy can play and he has a habit of scoring against us. I say punt the ned into the East Terracing first 5 mins!

It's alright someone marking him but, realistically, do we have a player at Hearts that could do the job? Jonsson would be the best bet i suppose, other than that, the thought of Zaliukas or Karipidis marking him is bringing me out in sweats! Not that he's particularly great but, he does seem to have the bit between his teeth at the moment and a wee Hibby ned against Hearts!? My money's on him scoring, problem is....who's going to score for us!!??

Can't really see anyone in the squad capable of being ars*ed marking anyone.

We will get humped of that there is no doubt,

Our forwards can't score and its no idle talk,

our defence is as strong as edinburgh rock.

Big Zal should just take him out the first chance he gets.

Zaliukas to tackle?

I don't remember him going into a tackle without the dying swan routine afterward and calling on the trainer. Total sap. To think that he is wearing Alan McLaren's jersey. Can anyone remember Alan McLaren needing a wee rest and calling the trainer on when he was 'hurt'?

Big Zal should just take him out the first chance he gets.

What for a drink?, a meal? sure as hell isn't going to be a tackle.

What for a drink?, a meal? sure as hell isn't going to be a tackle.

He can always stick to him like glue. He did it to Jones when we won (with his goal, no less) at ER, and Jones has barely stopped whinging and crying like a 5 year old since. It would take Ratboy 5 minutes to snap.

Plus, Zal would be struggling to take him for a drink anywhere - Ratboy would be barred! :D

All put in ?10 and I'll make sure he gets an injury this weekend.

i will do it for free just for the hell of it

but the boy can fairly play fitba'

No he can't. :mad::hobofish:

He doesn't warrant any special attention.

Zaliukas to tackle?

I don't remember him going into a tackle without the dying swan routine afterward and calling on the trainer. Total sap. To think that he is wearing Alan McLaren's jersey. Can anyone remember Alan McLaren needing a wee rest and calling the trainer on when he was 'hurt'?

Correct! Alan McLaren was old school, all of our players back then were tough enough to handle a wee ned like Riordan, too many wimps are in football nowadays!

Guest jambomickey

i wouldn't man mark him! i'd let them worry about us, what i would say is we've got to be in everyone of there players faces and take no prisoners

i wouldn't man mark him! i'd let them worry about us, what i would say is we've got to be in everyone of there players faces and take no prisoners

You should get yourself into the dressing room before kick-off and tell them what's what, our players better be up for a battle cause that's what it's going to be, no fartin about, get the boot in early like Hearts players used to do and don't expect things to happen, MAKE them happen!

While Rearend has scored against us in past derbies and been on winning sides, he has also been on the end of a few humpings too.

He ain`t Maradona FFS. I`ve always stood by my opinion that his general game isn`t all that but what he does have is the ability to strike a good ball from distance.

He must be closed down quickly if he recieves the ball in a dangerous area, thats all IMO. I hope it`s something the Hearts players are alert to.

You should get yourself into the dressing room before kick-off and tell them what's what, our players better be up for a battle cause that's what it's going to be, no fartin about, get the boot in early like Hearts players used to do and don't expect things to happen, MAKE them happen!

Exactly J. One thing that has hurt me the most in some recent derbies is our lack of guts and sharpness in derbies.

This squad better be awake and realise there`s a great derby tradition to be upheld.

Csaba is right that Hearts must always try and play football but battling is part of the game too as we all well know.

Drylaw Hearts

Yes he can - unfortunately !!!

And he'll be trying even harder than ever before to score against us in the next game.

FWIW......

I reckon Hibs will go with :

Riordan - Nish - Fletcher

I fear we're in for a rough ride down Fester Rd.

Johanes de Silentio

If you call me a hobo again, rapist, I'll have to make a point of kicking your ass!

How is your mum, anyway?

Guest juvehearts

Eh?

WTF you going on about, rhay bhoy has scored once against hearts.

ONCE, 1 goal.

wheres the habit in that?

he is a mediocre player who left Edinburgh for more drug money.

IF he was ''this guy that can play'', please explain why he wasnt added into george burley's scotland squad,

never started or was on the bench for celtic for his duration in der weej, ever had a full scotland cap??

ffs he played for hibs & celtic (if you call 4 apperances in 2 seasons playing) thats it.

he has won nothing, done nothing & IMO nothing to worry about come derby game.

one word sums him up perfectly

Shiiiiiiiiite

portobellojambo1

Would you man-mark him?

I would.

Who would it be?

Eggert Jonnson, says I!

With both Fletcher and Riordan around the penalty area this is one game I would really like to see Karipidis back in the centre of the defence. Zaliukas still looks a bit raw at times, and is prone to throw himself awkwardly into attempted tackles, which you don't really want at Easter Road.

Don't think it will happen like, but I would prefer to see someone who is comfortable on the ball, and can play on the deck, working alongside Berra for this fixture.

It wouldn't surprise me if he scores - we'll just have to score more.

It wouldn't surprise me if he scores - we'll just have to score more.

He will score, it's going to happen. Which means we'll have to score two. :sad:

Its been a long time baby
Eh?

ONCE, 1 goal.

IF he was ''this guy that can play'', please explain why he wasnt added into george burley's scotland squad,

never started or was on the bench for celtic for his duration in der weej, ever had a full scotland cap??

ffs he played for hibs & celtic (if you call 4 apperances in 2 seasons playing) thats it.

Shiiiiiiiiite

I can think of 4 goals he has scored against us, including 3 crackers!

Drylaw Hearts
Eh?

ONCE, 1 goal.

Shiiiiiiiiite

And that same word can be used to describe your post.

:)

Jam Tarts 1874

I think that there really is not much to chose between the teams in the SPL. The old firm have one or two class players such as Mendes and Samaras that generally will see them to the 3 points in most games. Unfortunately Riordan is also a quality player who has the ability to win hibs more games than they might otherwise be expected to win.

The problem is who do we have who can man mark him? Berra or Zaliukas? I am afraid that Riordan will easily get the better or either of them. Rapnik is now the only centre-half now at the club who has the skill and guile to deal with someone like Riordan, but there is no way that Csaba would put in someone so inexperienced.

the best way to stop Riordan is to do what Rangers did and boss the midfield. he barely got a kick in the match, and the same goes for Fletcher. They're both good players but their midfield is awful and we should be looking to control that area of the park. Which means players who can keep the ball and who will work to win it back when we've not got it.

both defences are murder.

Eh?

ONCE, 1 goal.

Shiiiiiiiiite

Scored against us once?

Are you taking the absolute C U Next Tuesday?

He's scored a fair few rakers against us FFS.

If im being honest, i think hibs will play 4-3-3, and we should play 5-4-1 to combat.

5 defenders to snuff out their forwards, more midfeilders to put the ball forward, and Tullberg to hold it up for them to come and find the net.

Chris Benoit
If im being honest, i think hibs will play 4-3-3, and we should play 5-4-1 to combat.

5 defenders to snuff out their forwards, more midfeilders to put the ball forward, and Tullberg to hold it up for them to come and find the net.

I actually think if they play 4-3-3 we'll run all over them especially if Drivers fit, play him left, miko right and Larry (the tv cameras will be there expect a performance) thru the middle supporting Tullberg!

They can talk all they like about ratboy, feltcher and pi$h but if they can't get the ball to them they won't score!

:107years::107years::107years:

Jam Tarts 1874
I actually think if they play 4-3-3 we'll run all over them especially if Drivers fit, play him left, miko right and Larry (the tv cameras will be there expect a performance) thru the middle supporting Tullberg!

They can talk all they like about ratboy, feltcher and pi$h but if they can't get the ball to them they won't score!

:107years::107years::107years:

Maybe, but look at Killie's winner on Saturday. hibs will spend the whole game trying to get Riordan and Fletcher on the end of simple balls through the middle. Our defence is desperately bad.

Chris Benoit
Maybe, but look at Killie's winner on Saturday. hibs will spend the whole game trying to get Riordan and Fletcher on the end of simple balls through the middle. Our defence is desperately bad.

Gotta agree with that but i think we should be playing a 4-1-4-1 with Karipidis sitting deep to cover runners from midfield and strikers coming deep as there is no doubt he's comfortable with the ball at his feet and he has more steel than Ruben but would rather see Eggert in there and keep Thomson at RB (thought he had a good game on Saturday) but know it's not gonna happen!

So is theirs.

Riordan needn't cause us any problems - we have just the man to sort him out. Lee Wallace has a gun, has a gun, has a gun...;)

Cracovia 88 - you should email that picture to Lee; he could use it for target practise! I'm curious to know what is your connection to Hearts? :)

scott herbertson
ive sold my sniper rifle aswell otherwise i'd have volunteered for this vital mission.

superb

:)

Fortunately we're covered

I went undercover a few weeks ago. Watch out for one of the centre or penalty spots as I am working on that as my disguise - it's the kamakaze human landmine routine

cracovia 88 jambo
Cracovia 88 - you should email that picture to Lee; he could use it for target practise! I'm curious to know what is your connection to Hearts? :)

I worked in Edinburgh Airport now for two years and only can choose one team here, so it must be HMFC ;)

Previous, my English was not good enough to view (or read well) opinions on HMFC fansites so I did not try. Recent, I have tryed hard to improve on this language and maybe I can transfer locked hatred (to Wisla) while here to H***.

Archived