Saturdays free kick

JamboJimmyB

Apologies if this has already been mentioned.

If you look at the free kick leading to Killies first goal you will see that the free kick was taken some seven/eight yards further forward than the original foul. Check it out on 'Hearts World' as it is clearly obvious due to the way the pitch has been cut.

We are not talking about a couple of feet !

I suspect that if the kick had been taken from the correct position it is unlikely he would have scored or indeed shot at goal.

Another example of total incompetence from the officials.

Incompetence it may be but referees alone do not result in a Hearts defeat I'm afraid. If you ask me, a fair proportion of the XI that take the field are already beaten before a ball has been kicked.

Not for a long time have I witnessed a starting XI for Hearts that look genuinely scared/clueless to kick a ball.

Sad thing is, there's no easy fix for this.

I'm more concerned at the number of needless free kicks that we give away these days. Saturdays one and the one that led to Dundee United first goal are prime examples of this. Both of them absolutely needless.

I am not disputing the overall result but simply pointing out another example of incompetence.

You can also see the incident clearly on the 'BBC Sport' video hightlights.

I also agree that the keeper made a complete mess of it, diving after the ball had passed him.

I am not disputing the overall result but simply pointing out another example of incompetence.

You can also see the incident clearly on the 'BBC Sport' video hightlights.

I pointed that out at the game and on here over the weekend. Those few yards DO make difference for a free kick like that.

Nelly Terraces

I'm more concerned with the garbage free kicks our useless incompetents were taking rather than bleating on about the oppo stealing a few yards.

The one by the dwarf near the end had to be the pick, battering it over the heads of everybody. Sums him up really - hopeless.

It's not as if Hearts players don't try to take free kicks from more advantageous places, like the rest of them ...

I'm more concerned with the garbage free kicks our useless incompetents were taking rather than bleating on about the oppo stealing a few yards.

The one by the dwarf near the end had to be the pick, battering it over the heads of everybody. Sums him up really - hopeless.

that is spot on our free kick taking is garbage corners as well

Apologies if this has already been mentioned.

If you look at the free kick leading to Killies first goal you will see that the free kick was taken some seven/eight yards further forward than the original foul. Check it out on 'Hearts World' as it is clearly obvious due to the way the pitch has been cut.

We are not talking about a couple of feet !

I suspect that if the kick had been taken from the correct position it is unlikely he would have scored or indeed shot at goal.

Another example of total incompetence from the officials.

How Many straws can you Clutch at the one time JJB???

I hate the referee's incompatance in this country as much as the next man...BUT, We can't blame them EVERY TIME we lose FFS!!

Do Hearts take EVERY free kick from the exact spot the foul took place??

TBH, it wouldn't matter if we moved the 30 yards further on, it would be the same result!! :mad:

Free kicks are rarely taken from the place of the offense, we take advantage of that as much as any other team in the world.

I wouldn't worry about it.

Hartley always used to enjoy a wee caper with the referees on moving the ball forward a bit ...

And Tosh moved the ball for Iain Ferguson's goal against Bayern ...

Absolutely right - that was one of the worst free kicks I've seen in a while -unless of course he was actually intending to aim for the Main Stand. What an embarrassment. Far more worrying than what the opposition were up to IMO.

Absolutely. One of three cameos on Saturday by three separate players who shouldn't be anywhere near our first team. Mole had to have studied Makela's early-season possession loss and subsequent lunge in minute detail to replicate it so accurately, and Makela himself weighed in with a superb attempt to prevent a throw-in at the end.

Glue factory.

Archived