War memorial petition (old fashioned paper type)

Gambo

With regards to the ongoing on-line petition that is on the go (see my signature) concerning the Heart of Midlothian War Memorial, we are also distributing the old fashioned paper style of petition where you actually sign your name instead of click a button.

These have been distributed (and are still being distributed) around the bars/clubs and premises around the Gorgie/Dalry/Haymarket area but we are only scratching the surface here.

On behalf of 'The Friends of the Heart of Midlothian War Memorial' group, i am looking for posters who could help out in distributing the petition in other areas of Edinburgh and in other areas around the Lothians and the rest of the country/world. I want to hear from folk who know this place or that place (pubs/clubs/post offices/newsagents/churches/British Legions etc) that would be happy to display the petition etc etc.

I can send you the 'files' for printing off (easier option and only 6 or 7 pages), or i could send you the petition itself through the post.

The package includes a window poster (to advertise it), a brief story, and as many petition pages you may require.

Every signature counts.

Please pm me if you can help.

Cheers,

Gary.

I have one in the Pub, i was amazed at the number of local residents who want to sign it, we have a poster in the window and people are coming in asking to sign the petition.

The strength of feeling is definetely there,i feel (and hope)the momentum will continue to grow and increase the pressure on the council!

Well Done to all concerned.

Jack Alexander
I have one in the Pub, i was amazed at the number of local residents who want to sign it, we have a poster in the window and people are coming in asking to sign the petition.

The strength of feeling is definetely there,i feel (and hope)the momentum will continue to grow and increase the pressure on the council!

Well Done to all concerned.

And, make no mistake, we do need to keep that pressure up. In spite of Steve's welcome intervention last week, his colleague Mr Wheeler remains adamant that we need a two-year 'consultation'. Well it needed a two-year 'consultation' to arrive at the Ryrie's proposal. They've just ignored everyone and dumped that in favour of Atholl Crescent. The word in their latest document is indeed 'permanent'.

What trust can we put in this new 'consultation'?

And why does the memorial have to be absent for two years?

It took a year to build the Trans-Continental Railroad across America, battling natural obstacles and wild natives. The junction at Haymarket is only a couple of hundred yards. There must be some pretty angry tribes out Dalry way.

And why does the memorial have to be absent for two years?

It took a year to build the Trans-Continental Railroad across America, battling natural obstacles and wild natives. The junction at Haymarket is only a couple of hundred yards. There must be some pretty angry tribes out Dalry way.

:smartass:

can someone tell me where all this support was years ago when the services were attended by far fewer than now, why all this interest is there another book in the pipeline ?

can someone tell me where all this support was years ago when the services were attended by far fewer than now, why all this interest is there another book in the pipeline ?

Is it possible not to swamp this thread with these kind of comments?

Start another thread if you like.

This is a request for help thread.

Ta.

Son Of Anarchy

Was the monument being threatened then? Well,it is now hence the support.I think its disgusting you think there may be "another agenda". As someone who had a family member die in Mccraes battalion,we fight now for those who fought then,simple,just like you and your theory!

Deary dear mate ... you really need to get a grip ... or a life ...

If you believe the memorial is safe then fine .. your entitled to your opinion ...

but to stoop to such a negative and low jibe like this is in my opinion, frankly contemptable!!!:eek::(

scots civil war

thats a very cynical viewpoint right there,i wouldnt go along with that m8y.in the last ten years awareness has mushroomed re ww1 and its generation

the internet has its many great war dedicated websites,

the public viewability of records from the national archives,

the many tv channels nowadays such as history,discovery

and also the anniversaries of the happenings coming in decade type numbers(the 90th of the somme in o6 for example)

thats why the edinburgh people are coming back to pay their respects

With regards to the ongoing on-line petition that is on the go (see my signature) concerning the Heart of Midlothian War Memorial, we are also distributing the old fashioned paper style of petition where you actually sign your name instead of click a button.

These have been distributed (and are still being distributed) around the bars/clubs and premises around the Gorgie/Dalry/Haymarket area but we are only scratching the surface here.

On behalf of 'The Friends of the Heart of Midlothian War Memorial' group, i am looking for posters who could help out in distributing the petition in other areas of Edinburgh and in other areas around the Lothians and the rest of the country/world. I want to hear from folk who know this place or that place (pubs/clubs/post offices/newsagents/churches/British Legions etc) that would be happy to display the petition etc etc.

I can send you the 'files' for printing off (easier option and only 6 or 7 pages), or i could send you the petition itself through the post.

The package includes a window poster (to advertise it), a brief story, and as many petition pages you may require.

Every signature counts.

Please pm me if you can help.

Cheers,

Gary.

Gary, is it possible to put the files on the webpage so that they can be downloaded directly??

cheers

Michael

Gary, is it possible to put the files on the webpage so that they can be downloaded directly??

cheers

Michael

I will look into it.

Archived