Hibs setting themselves up AGAIN

stephanepaille

stephanepaille

For a massive fall.

They have beaten Aberdeen the cannon fodder this season and are all getting themselves excited...bring on the derby and all that pesh.

Every time this happens we gub them...you would think that they would just learn there lesson.

Looks like we will have a big backing at Easter Road and i just fancy ONCE again to do them over.

how about a few 1902 banners ????? just to remind them of how long its is ??

The Old Tolbooth
As I have said on many occasions before a derby; I love it when hibs fans are confident.

I usually love it too mate as it normally always ends up in tears for them, however this time I see no reason to think we can actually go there and come away with anything, sad but true! :mad:

stephanepaille

Do you realy think Hibs are good mate ?? you saw them at the back this season ??? in midfield ??

They might have a good forward line but they wont see the ball.

Capiche.

Guest jambomickey

we'll turn them over a week on saturday! we're the big team they're the wee team and remember we've got the best derby record in world football, never fear those vermon tramps

For a massive fall.

They have beaten Aberdeen the cannon fodder this season and are all getting themselves excited...bring on the derby and all that pesh.

Every time this happens we gub them...you would think that they would just learn there lesson.

Looks like we will have a big backing at Easter Road and i just fancy ONCE again to do them over.

how about a few 1902 banners ????? just to remind them of how long its is ??

Probably because the Edinburgh Derby is one of the footballing highlights of the SPL season?

Shouldn't both sets of fans be excited, regardless of form going in?

The Old Tolbooth
Do you realy think Hibs are good mate ?? you saw them at the back this season ??? in midfield ??

They might have a good forward line but they wont see the ball.

Capiche.

Nope, I think Hibs are pish too, but better pish than we are right now, which wouldn't be difficult, plus they have home advantage.

It must be their mentality! I've never understood why they get so up for a derby match, more so than us! There's an element missing from their brains, there must be! I've said for years now that you can spot a Hibby a mile off, it's usually the way they growl when they talk or the way they always look so miserable, and the famous chip on their shoulder. No wonder they're always drunk and spout the biggest load of bull***t when they talk, strangely, i've never had any time for them, as soon as i find out they're Hobo's, i tend to move away from them as quick as possible in the search of humanity!

It must be their mentality! I've never understood why they get so up for a derby match, more so than us! There's an element missing from their brains, there must be! I've said for years now that you can spot a Hibby a mile off, it's usually the way they growl when they talk or the way they always look so miserable, and the famous chip on their shoulder. No wonder they're always drunk and spout the biggest load of bull***t when they talk, strangely, i've never had any time for them, as soon as i find out they're Hobo's, i tend to move away from them as quick as possible in the search of humanity!

Oh come on now!

Probably because the Edinburgh Derby is one of the footballing highlights of the SPL season?

Shouldn't both sets of fans be excited, regardless of form going in?

==========

It seams a lot people on here are not looking forward to the Derby???

I was thought both set of fans looked forward to Derby match ups each season...............

:)

Guest jambomickey
quality.... but is the game not on sunday? :P

well spotted! but it will still be a victory for the heart and soul of edinburgh

They may be keek at the back but we are terrible up front. Unless someone like driver is playing I can't see us getting much.

The last time i felt so worried about going into a derby we beat them 1-0 and ****ed their cup celebrations ;)

marshallschunkychicken
I usually love it too mate as it normally always ends up in tears for them, however this time I see no reason to think we can actually go there and come away with anything, sad but true! :mad:

I'm with John on this one.

I can't really see us pulling anything out of the bag. We do have a central defence who are very prone to ballwatching this season, and the opposition have been getting in behind their fullbacks too easily as well.

Their forward line are capable of punishing us for that.

scottish_chicP
The last time i felt so worried about going into a derby we beat them 1-0 and ****ed their cup celebrations ;)

Me too but I had a dream the night before and predicted the score! Scary!

I see no reason why anyone would be any more worried about this game than usual.

They're a poor side. They've beaten sheep, who have been abysmal at home this season - who cares? To read some comments on here, you'd think that they'd made a flying start to the season.

The emboldened section is absolute nonsense.

If it was remotely true, would we still sing about 22 in a row? Would we still sing about "2 nil and you effed it up" Would we still sing "Who put the ball in the Hibees net? Robbo!" Would we still sing the name of Wayne Foster?

As I said, nonsense.

Remnants of Standards

We've done them time and again when they've given it the big one saying what they're going to do to us. The first goal will be absolutely vital - get our noses in front - especially if Driver is back - and it should be fine.

Start badly as we normally do down there, and we can likely forget it. We must have a decent first 20 or so. Just remember they will be just as worried about us as we are them. personally i think they way to play them is with pace up front, but with nade and tullberg you wont get that. I see a struggle, but hopefully a single goal win to us whatever the score.

Oh, and break riordan's legs cheers.

==========

I was thought both set of fans looked forward to Derby match ups each season...............

Even going to matches against Hibs, i hate the thought of playing them, never have liked the build-up to a derby match, try not to think about it. It's got nothing to do with them having better players than us, in the 25 years i've been going we've always had better players anyway, it's all the nonsense that comes from their mouths before and after the game. They build themselves up, usually that means only one thing....they'll lose or at best, get a draw. On the few occasions they do win, they never stop going on about it for weeks after it. Usually when we win, we have a night of winding them up and that's it, thoughts almost immedietly move on to the next game, posssibly to one of the oldfirm. In the past, (not anymore in recent years) our matches near the top of the table against them are more important than just taking 3 points from Hibs, that's just a bonus, so summing it up, Hibs get more excited about the derby than we do.(In my experience)

Even going to matches against Hibs, i hate the thought of playing them, never have liked the build-up to a derby match, try not to think about it. It's got nothing to do with them having better players than us, in the 25 years i've been going we've always had better players anyway, it's all the nonsense that comes from their mouths before and after the game. They build themselves up, usually that means only one thing....they'll lose or at best, get a draw. On the few occasions they do win, they never stop going on about it for weeks after it. Usually when we win, we have a night of winding them up and that's it, thoughts almost immedietly move on to the next game, posssibly to one of the oldfirm. In the past, (not anymore in recent years) our matches near the top of the table against them are more important than just taking 3 points from Hibs, that's just a bonus, so summing it up, Hibs get more excited about the derby than we do.(In my experience)

I can kinda see what you are saying this time, yet you are still getting creative with the facts.

We celebrate derby wins JUST as much as they do, they have pictures of Gordon Hunter in their pubs, we have pictures of Wayne Foster in our pubs. We beat them on their cup parade and stayed behind, ruining their parade (some of us were ejected :( ) purely because that is what goes on at local derbies.

What I would concede is that there is way that it is more important for them to beat us than vice versa; we are a bigger team than them. We are a big scalp for them, much like R@ng*rs, C*lt!c and Aberdeen. They can huff and puff about it, but we have simple facts like attendance, trophies and league finishes in our favour.

That's during the game, i'm talking about the build-up TO the game!

Still nonsense. Are you seriously trying to say that Hibs fans are more up for derbies than us?

The emboldened section is absolute nonsense.

If it was remotely true, would we still sing about 22 in a row? Would we still sing about "2 nil and you effed it up" Would we still sing "Who put the ball in the Hibees net? Robbo!" Would we still sing the name of Wayne Foster?

As I said, nonsense.

Sorry, forgot to quote who i was replying to

Still nonsense. Are you seriously trying to say that Hibs fans are more up for derbies than us?

As i said at the end of the post, "in my experience" Quick example, since Saturday night, all i've heard in the pubs or even in shops and streets is how Hibs are going to do us. Every Hibby around the pub(s) on Saturday night went on about this game while Hearts fans listening were sigh-ing, shaking their heads and looking at them with rye smiles.(basically laughing at them, it's great fun watching them getting frustrated when they see we don't react, it really pi sses them off!) This is what it's like before any derby match that i can remember in 25 years. I'm not saying Hearts fans don't get themselves up for the match, that usually happens the night before or on the day of the game, never two weeks before it! So, i stick to what i said previously.

As i said at the end of the post, "in my experience" Quick example, since Saturday night, all i've heard in the pubs or even in shops and streets is how Hibs are going to do us. Every Hibby around the pub(s) on Saturday night went on about this game while Hearts fans listening were sigh-ing, shaking their heads and looking at them with rye smiles.(basically laughing at them, it's great fun watching them getting frustrated when they see we don't react, it really pi sses them off!) This is what it's like before any derby match that i can remember in 25 years. I'm not saying Hearts fans don't get themselves up for the match, that usually happens the night before or on the day of the game, never two weeks before it! So, i stick to what i said previously.

Your post doesn't make sense.

Is your definition of "getting up for the game" mouthing off in the pub? If so, then nobody in the world is up for the game of football more than Riordan.

As for the emboldened section, I will reiterate my stance, that particular section of your post, where you suggest that derbies mean more to Hibs fans than Hearts fans, is complete nonsense.

winston churchill

in away yes.due too their poor derby record .....a win does not come along that often.

Independence
==========

With one if not the worst records in Derby games, in the world, you really should learn to stay quiet!!!

How many years will it take, of 4 straight wins a season, before you equal our games won?

Frankenstein Jambo.

I aint looking foward to this derby due to the fact the team line up will consit of defenders playing in midfield and midfielders playing at full back. We are in for a thumping .

I'd rather be the underdog going into the derby, that's for sure.

I don't fancy this one at all. Whenever we are "favourites" we tend to lose.

I've given up on trying to predict them now, and certainly wouldn't embarrass myself by predicting a large or comfortable win.

Your post doesn't make sense.

Is your definition of "getting up for the game" mouthing off in the pub? If so, then nobody in the world is up for the game of football more than Riordan.

As for the emboldened section, I will reiterate my stance, that particular section of your post, where you suggest that derbies mean more to Hibs fans than Hearts fans, is complete nonsense.

Ah well...each to their own, at least a couple of posters actually get what i'm trying to say without having to quote one line out of a whole paragraph. They have a poor derby record against us so it's only natural they'd be more up for a derby in the same way we're more up for a match involving the oldfirm than the oldfirm fans are against us.

Ah well...each to their own, at least a couple of posters actually get what i'm trying to say without having to quote one line out of a whole paragraph. They have a poor derby record against us so it's only natural they'd be more up for a derby in the same way we're more up for a match involving the oldfirm than the oldfirm fans are against us.

So, by your rationale, you can only be up for a game against a team bigger than you?

Guest jambomickey

every hearts fan looks for the derby games when the fixtures are released! it's our biggest game of the league season and i'd rather lose to celtic or rangers tan lose to the vermin hobos

So, by your rationale, you can only be up for a game against a team bigger than you?

No, but it's a natural reaction to be MORE up for a game against say Celtic than it is against maybe Inverness or the like surely? Am gettin bored of this, you seem to be the only one nit-picking over a couple of minor things instead of getting the whole point. SMALLER TEAM WANTS TO PUT ONE OVER A BIGGER TEAM. In other words, Hearts beating Celtic feels great but is seen as unexpected, Hearts beating St Mirren for example is great too but seen as expected, i really don't know where your going with this, i've explained more than once. No more.

The only thing you can predict about the derby is,em,don't make a prediction.The,already mentioned,1-0 game and the after match festivites are a good case in point.We went into that game fearing the worst and ended up having a party!

Hobos setting themselves up for a fall is nothing new boys at work are full of it as per shut it fairly quick when the big semi comes out!!!!!! losers the lot of them I really fancy us to dish out a doing to the carravaners I'll go 4-0 to the famous.

With one if not the worst records in Derby games, in the world, you really should learn to stay quiet!!!

How many years will it take, of 4 straight wins a season, before you equal our games won?

=======

Not sure why yoo are talking aboot this?

What this got to do with n what i said ?

Bomber Harris

I've got to agree with Jambonian on this one, over the last 15 years or so i would say the level of excitement leading up to an Edinburgh Derby from some Hearts fans has been drastically lower than what it used to be compared with the 1980's Derbies.

Is this due to Hearts' domination within these two decades baring in mind Hibs' vastly improved record at Easter Rd over the last 10 years and that had crept in to the fans way of thinking that Hibs aren't much of a threat to Hearts (total contradiction i know) these days but now the paranoia and the fear of getting beat from Hibs is on the way back, yet again Hearts fans should be remember how lucky we have been since 1983 when it comes to the Edinburgh Derby so when Hibs do win they're celebration is on a higher level than what our's would be, remember 1988 when they beat us at Easter Rd? a bloody pitch invasion with Hibs fans jumping for joy and doing the eightsome reel in the centre circle !!!!! and then the Hearts fans wanting to get on and kick the sh i t out of them bizare.

There is nothing better than beating Hibs but as i say our level of celebration is lower than the Hibs fans, imagine if they had beaten us 0-4 in that Cup Semi ? we would never have heard the end of it, admit it, the Hibs fans have got off lightly with that one.

This may well upset a few K Backers and i'm willing to accept that there are Hearts fans who will celebrate a victory over Hibs well into the early hours of Sunday Morning but over the years i've witnessed subdued atmosphere's in the "Gorgie Pubs" after a Hibs victory... maybe it's just me ?

:sad:

02/04/2006 ROBERTSON'S BAR, BEAUTIFUL SUNDAY !!!!!!

over the years i've witnessed subdued atmosphere's in the "Gorgie Pubs" after a Hibs victory... maybe it's just me ?

:sad:

I may be misinterpreting you, but I don't see the need to celebrate a Hibs victory and when they do win, yes I'll admit it, I am rather subdued!

Is the word "over" missing between "Hibs" and "victory" in your post?

No, but it's a natural reaction to be MORE up for a game against say Celtic than it is against maybe Inverness or the like surely? Am gettin bored of this, you seem to be the only one nit-picking over a couple of minor things instead of getting the whole point. SMALLER TEAM WANTS TO PUT ONE OVER A BIGGER TEAM. In other words, Hearts beating Celtic feels great but is seen as unexpected, Hearts beating St Mirren for example is great too but seen as expected, i really don't know where your going with this, i've explained more than once. No more.

I am not nitpicking, I am disagreeing. You said...

I've never understood why they get so up for a derby match, more so than us!

I totally, 100% disagree with that assesment. I gave you examples of why we are just as up for it as they are, you sidestep them by saying...

I'm not saying Hearts fans don't get themselves up for the match

So, what are you saying?

The BIGGEST games in our season are ALWAYS the derbies, Hearts fans always build up towards those games. You say that we don't get up for it two weeks before the match, I would ask you when the derby was first mentioned on JKB and how long it is from start of this thread, or start of the threads below

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/showthread.php?t=30999

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/showthread.php?t=31013

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/showthread.php?t=30779

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/showthread.php?t=31000

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/showthread.php?t=30985

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/showthread.php?t=30627

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/showthread.php?t=30866

Bit odd how many of those threads have been started two weeks before the game given we don't get up for derbies a fortnight early, or do we?

I put it to you that you are talking rubbish, if you could give me something that shows otherwise please do so now as you have sidestepped that all thread. :)

I am not nitpicking, I am disagreeing. You said...

I totally, 100% disagree with that assesment. I gave you examples of why we are just as up for it as they are, you sidestep them by saying...

So, what are you saying?

The BIGGEST games in our season are ALWAYS the derbies, Hearts fans always build up towards those games. You say that we don't get up for it two weeks before the match, I would ask you when the derby was first mentioned on JKB and how long it is from start of this thread, or start of the threads below

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/showthread.php?t=30999

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/showthread.php?t=31013

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/showthread.php?t=30779

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/showthread.php?t=31000

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/showthread.php?t=30985

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/showthread.php?t=30627

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/showthread.php?t=30866

Bit odd how many of those threads have been started two weeks before the game given we don't get up for derbies a fortnight early, or do we?

I put it to you that you are talking rubbish, if you could give me something that shows otherwise please do so now as you have sidestepped that all thread. :)

I think from what he has been trying to say, and imo i agree is that while Hearts fans (myself included) love the build up to the hibs game and love beating Hibs, its a little less than what happens down the docks.

I think from what he has been trying to say, and imo i agree is that while Hearts fans (myself included) love the build up to the hibs game and love beating Hibs, its a little less than what happens down the docks.

Halle-bloody-luyah!! Bomber Harris and MattyW1874! Cheers, i thought i was goin mad! It's pretty simple for fans to be more up for a game against a bigger team Hibs(smaller) v's Hearts(bigger), same as Hearts(smaller) v's Celtic(bigger) Simple! Now i can move off this thread at last!

Dik Mar Van Nostrilboy

theres nothing i love more than a good build up to the derby bcos my birthdays the night before so ther will be plentyof banter going on!

moan the hearts!

Bomber Harris
I may be misinterpreting you, but I don't see the need to celebrate a Hibs victory and when they do win, yes I'll admit it, I am rather subdued!

Is the word "over" missing between "Hibs" and "victory" in your post?

OBVIOUSLY :eek:;)

Archived