Boozers for Scotland Game on Sat

The Duke

Been going to The Globe on niddry Street the last few games but it was ridiculously busy the last time, it's fine for the midweek games but the Saturday is carnage!

Anyone got any suggestions - was thinking of heading out of the centre a bit, perhaps down toward the South Side? Where are folk going these days to watch the Scotland games?

What is Doctors on Forest Road like for the football?

tommythejambo

Either the Ormalee in Portobello. The Persevere in Leith or Broadfields. Depends on many factors.

The Persy.

Tommythejambo, do you go to the Persy often?

Not a massive fan of the persy tbh, the golfs a better pub never knew there was so many leith drinkers on here.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC
Not a massive fan of the persy tbh, the golfs a better pub never knew there was so many leith drinkers on here.

The Persy has died a death to be honest mate. Not even worth going in anymore but the Scotland games are always brilliant.

The Golfs awrite. Been in now and again.

Thats 4 of us drink in the Persy. Small world! :eek:

The Persy has died a death to be honest mate. Not even worth going in anymore but the Scotland games are always brilliant.

The Golfs awrite. Been in now and again.

Thats 4 of us drink in the Persy. Small world! :eek:

Totally... I've not been in the persy for at least a year tho but was drinking down that way on Sunday.

Is that the Golf Tavern in Bruntsfield you are all referring to?

I was in there a couple of years ago for a race night and recall they had a fair few large flat screen TV's!!!

Is that the Golf Tavern in Bruntsfield you are all referring to?

I was in there a couple of years ago for a race night and recall they had a fair few large flat screen TV's!!!

Nope, one in Leith mate. but your right the gold in bruntsfield does have a shed load of tv's. Shame its full of wonks.

the golfs a better pub never.

You've got to be jokin? The Persy may have died a death but I'd still rather drink in a dead Persy than the Gowf.

Bar Sienne is where it's at these days anyways :eek:

Say What Again
Either the Ormalee in Portobello.

Depending on who's out to play, I'll either be accross the road from you in the Seahaven (?2 a pint :)) or in the Ellwyn.

You've got to be jokin? The Persy may have died a death but I'd still rather drink in a dead Persy than the Gowf.

Bar Sienne is where it's at these days anyways :eek:

Last time I was in the Persy I'm sure there was a competition on with a reasonable sized group on who could wear a cap at the jauntiest angle and speak the loudest about being hard. not my idea of a relaxed few beers.

must be getting old. Havent been in for about a year tho.

Say What Again
Last time I was in the Persy I'm sure there was a competition on with a reasonable sized group on who could wear a cap at the jauntiest angle and speak the loudest about being hard. not my idea of a relaxed few beers.

must be getting old. Havent been in for about a year tho.

I met a man about a dog in the Persy a few months back and that's what it was like when I was there too.

Like you though, I hadn't been in for a while - maybe 5 years.

Dik Mar Van Nostrilboy
Been going to The Globe on niddry Street the last few games but it was ridiculously busy the last time, it's fine for the midweek games but the Saturday is carnage!

Anyone got any suggestions - was thinking of heading out of the centre a bit, perhaps down toward the South Side? Where are folk going these days to watch the Scotland games?

What is Doctors on Forest Road like for the football?

refuse to go to doctors anymore for games as when i went to watch scotland iceland they wer showing england croatia and refused to change!

drouthy neebors mate, free pint of scotland win aswell, always good atmosphere

Has anyone ever watched a game in Bar Aspen on South Bridge?????????

I've only been in the place a few times in my life!!

Not my choice by the way, it's a stag do and he wants to go in there for some bizarre reason!!

Last time I was in it was full of young medical students!

tommythejambo
The Persy.

Tommythejambo, do you go to the Persy often?

Usually there on a Saturday. They sponsor my football team.

What about yourself?

Was in there for the Scotland Italy game, was absolute carnage when we scored.

Has anyone ever watched a game in Bar Aspen on South Bridge?????????

I've only been in the place a few times in my life!!

Not my choice by the way, it's a stag do and he wants to go in there for some bizarre reason!!

Last time I was in it was full of young medical students!

Aye, I've been in there before. Loads of tellies, but the picture quality's abysmal.

Not really a fan of pubs with lots of small TVs either, would rather have one huge one. Which is why I'll be heading to the Phoenix to watch the game!

Archived