Scotland Euro Hosts?

ToadKiller Dog

ToadKiller Dog

Reports on telly that the polish government have been given a deadline to midnight to change there stance and reinstate the polish FA or loose the championships in 2012 .

Scotland is said to be favorites to take over if this happens.

Guest Dipped Flake
Reuters[/quote

Could be our last chance to host this as they are likely to increase the number of countries that qualify for the finals and we wouldn't have enough stadiums then.

It is worrying that FIFA think that Football Associations are above the law.

That's what I was thinking. The Polish Government are attempting to tackle alleged corruption so you think UEFA/FIFA would be happy with that.

Patrick Bateman

I doubt we'd have the money to build the numerous stadia required to host. The games would go to Italy or Spain in the worst case scenario.

Romanov Stole My Pension

When you say favourites to take over, do you mean that Scotland would possibly cohost with Ukraine (am I right in thinking they are due to cohost with poland) or would scotland host outright.

Engurland will get it!!

NO chance they'll give it to Scotland, Do we even have enough descent Football Stadia??

Hamdump, Septic Park, Govan Shytyard...Muddyfield, maybe!! Were else??

ToadKiller Dog

Suposedly Scotland was put on standby when the troubles around Poland first came to light ,i agree it would be harsh on the Ukraine,but it was a joint bid.

Would be a major embarsment for Poland so can see there Gov backing down.

If I remember right ,the two dundee clubs and aberdeen were going to get money if scotland had won ,a new joint stadium for dundee sides at 20,000 was muted .

Dont think we were getting help.

If they award it to one of the big league nations that have got enough grounds in place then Spain are surely top of the queue.

By that point it'll be 30 years since they had the World cup.

They've got the biggest grounds

It's small enough that people wont face epic journeys between matches

With a huge tourist industry they've got plenty of airport capacity and hotel space and multilingual service industry workers.

However I reckon the more likely result is that the Russia would offer to Co-Host with Ukraine.

i'm sure i read when poland first had problems about not enough work being done, that fifa/uefa said that it would most likely go to Germany if it was swapped

Archived