Kello

h-e-a-r-t-s

So now everyone has seen the highlights, can those who were critical of him just stop this nonsense about "he should have saved the free kick" and "bring in Balogh" or "he looks iffy" etc...

He's been one of the few 'revelations' of the season so far*

*even though his kicking was poor yesterday in parts...but his willingness to look for the quick ball out makes up for that. just a shame nobody is capable of turning that into a decent attack...I'm looking at YOU Mole!

Winner was fault of central defence and midfield -- Berra was far too slow to realise the danger from the midfield runner and no midfielder tracked back.

He could never have saved it, because:

HE gave HIMSELF no chance with the way he set up his wall and positioned himself.

Still rate him. He looks a cracking find IMO.

HE gave HIMSELF no chance with the way he set up his wall and positioned himself.

Having seen the highlights he was far too close to the post and had no chance of getting across the goal in time. Poor goalkeeping but hopefully he can learn from that as mostly he has been pretty good.

Having seen the highlights he was far too close to the post and had no chance of getting across the goal in time. Poor goalkeeping but hopefully he can learn from that as mostly he has been pretty good.

His wall was too central, and he was too far to his left, leaving the right corner wide open.

I could have hit it.

On the whole though, so far its just a wee blip. I like him.

Benny Factor
His wall was too central, and he was too far to his left, leaving the right corner wide open.

I could have hit it.

On the whole though, so far its just a wee blip. I like him.

You took that too far.... :P

You took that too far.... :P

Get it over the wall and on target and its in!

The gap he left to his right was enormous.

Benny Factor
Get it over the wall and on target and its in!

The gap he left to his right was enormous.

From my seat in Section J, we all knew where he was putting the free kick before he hit it.

In defence of Kello, i still think his defence-splitting throws are pretty damn good. One in particular to Mole in the first half yesterday was outstanding.... only for Mole to do his usual and turn back, thus ruining the advantage.

From my seat in Section J, we all knew where he was putting the free kick before he hit it.

In defence of Kello, i still think his defence-splitting throws are pretty damn good. One in particular to Mole in the first half yesterday was outstanding.... only for Mole to do his usual and turn back, thus ruining the advantage.

Same from X. So obvious.

As I have said though, it was an error, but he is a very good keeper. Some huge over-reactions to it.

Same from X. So obvious.

As I have said though, it was an error, but he is a very good keeper. Some huge over-reactions to it.

surely not! on kickback???!

So now everyone has seen the highlights, can those who were critical of him just stop this nonsense about "he should have saved the free kick" and "bring in Balogh" or "he looks iffy" etc...

*even though his kicking was poor yesterday in parts...but his willingness to look for the quick ball out makes up for that. just a shame nobody is capable of turning that into a decent attack...I'm looking at YOU Mole!

He was abysmal yesterday but the free kick was a laugh... his positioning and movement were so poor that the slowest free kick ever taken at Tynie crept into the top corner... his crappy performance just summed up the entire teams crappy performance!

And what happened to his kicking all of a sudden??!

Time to give Balogh a try!

jambos are go!

I said at the game that he left too big a gap. Having seen it on TV it did not matter because the superb free kick was just inside the post at reasonable pace. Helped that the ref allowed it to be taken 10 yards in front of Moles silly challenge.

He was abysmal yesterday but the free kick was a laugh... his positioning and movement were so poor that the slowest free kick ever taken at Tynie crept into the top corner... his crappy performance just summed up the entire teams crappy performance!

And what happened to his kicking all of a sudden??!

Time to give Balogh a try!

Are you serious?

Kello has been a real find this season.

Guest JamboRobbo

Agreed. Everyone, including keepers, make mistakes. And he's not made many so far, whilst making some goods saves. Needs to learn from this though.

Not on Saturday he wasn't... granted he's looked fairly decent apart from a couple of blips this season... but there was something up with him on Saturday... he was rattled after the free kick and in the second half his kicking was attrocious!

I reckon there would be no harm in trying Balogh... if Csaba rates him and we reckon Csaba know's his stuff then I think he's worth a punt... regardless Kello has shipped 7 goals in the last 4 league matches... so he's hardly setting the heather alight is he??!!

I started the original kello fault for the goal thread yesterday

Sticking by my original thoughts he was positioned poorly

Had a good season for us so far(maybe at fault for united's 3rd last week)

defo think he is another victim of crappy team selection ie zal in front of kari

and not actually playing a DM

siegementality
I started the original kello fault for the goal thread yesterday

Sticking by my original thoughts he was positioned poorly

Had a good season for us so far(maybe at fault for united's 3rd last week)

defo think he is another victim of crappy team selection ie zal in front of kari

and not actually playing a DM

The shot for their second was virtually hit straight at him, he hasn't impressed me and is no safer than Banks was IMO.

So you think his starting position was good do you?

allystrachan

we havnt been that lucky with free kicks to be honest, whats the chances of two weeks in a row someone is going to get it over the wall and on target in scotland? i dont think hearts could manage it! lol

that said i think kello looks ok, his positioning looks dodgy for the free kick and his kicking was poor but i have been impressed so far.

JamboRossi79
CG would have saved both!

Don't talk rubbish.

I guess it was just a matter of time before Kello came in for some stick from the people with agendas, i'm just surprised it took this long.

Some folk just really really don't have a scooby.

we havnt been that lucky with free kicks to be honest, whats the chances of two weeks in a row someone is going to get it over the wall and on target in scotland? i dont think hearts could manage it! lol

that said i think kello looks ok, his positioning looks dodgy for the free kick and his kicking was poor but i have been impressed so far.

I think his poor kicking especially in the 2nd half was mostly down to the ground conditions.

A few players were slipping in that half.

Not on Saturday he wasn't... granted he's looked fairly decent apart from a couple of blips this season... but there was something up with him on Saturday... he was rattled after the free kick and in the second half his kicking was attrocious!

I reckon there would be no harm in trying Balogh... if Csaba rates him and we reckon Csaba know's his stuff then I think he's worth a punt... regardless Kello has shipped 7 goals in the last 4 league matches... so he's hardly setting the heather alight is he??!!

the shiping of 7 goals is mainly due to the ten guys in front of kello, specifically the 2 in front of him, their is only so much a keeper can do, kari has been alrite in that dm role but its time for a change, zal had a good start but i rate the kari/berra pairing more than berra/ zal.

The guy has saved us from a couple of heavy defeats this season.

FFS even Craig Gordon made the odd mistake :rolleyes:

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Got to say I don't think it's a mistake.

Even if he was in the perfect position he wouldn't have saved it.

Right in the side of the net.

HillmanHearts

I like Kello - But the video does not change my mind about his errors for the free kick. His positioning of the wall and himself were wrong. We said so at the time - before the freekick was actualy taken. He needs to learn from that. I would'nt drop him however as he has been one of the few decent performers this season. He also could have done with some guidance from our leadership - when it was obvious that the T*ss P*t Billy Brown had done his homework and stopped Kello getting quick ball out to our "full backs" :( therefore making him hoof the ball up to our pathetic "strikers" :mad: to lose every single 50/50 ball.

Rudolf's Mate
Don't talk rubbish.

I guess it was just a matter of time before Kello came in for some stick from the people with agendas, i'm just surprised it took this long.

Some folk just really really don't have a scooby.

How is that talking rubbish?! The non free kick goal was almost straight at him. Granted it's hard getting down to shots that close however I believe CG would have got it. Kello sounds a decent keeper however I was just giving my honest opinion.

Firstly I rate Kello the find of the season but he did go slightly too far to his left just prior to free kick being hit. In saying that it was pretty far to his right anyway but positioning could have been better just like the fat holy goalie in the CL last week IMO.

The wall however could have helped. when I played football you always covered your nuts and jumped to make yourself as big as possible. There was a picture in one of the sundays that shocked me. It was taken from behind the kicker and showed the ball rising above Thomson and Mole in the wall. Neither jumped and both had a forearm across there face to protect it thus preventing them seeing the flight of the ball. Unsure how close to top of there heads it was but surely covering your face is not the way to stop a dangerous free kick.

Agreed.

What is amusing is those, over-reacting, having a go at others for over-reacting. Some folk don't have a scooby ;)

sandyseymour
Winner was fault of central defence and midfield -- Berra was far too slow to realise the danger from the midfield runner and no midfielder tracked back.

Let's name names.....the fans favourite one M Stewart was sleeping (too busy thinking about who to boss next on the park) and didn't track back....always been a 60 minute man ....I'm afraid he (and others) have returned to norm.....guilty of believing that he's better than he is which is a journey man pro who would struggle to hold a position in most SPL's teams midfield and certainly not Killie's or Dundee Utd judging by his recent performances :(

some of you guys must be off your head on glue. Kello is by no means the best keeper to grace tynie but it aint his fault we're p1sh this season.

If it wasnt for him we'd have lost by 6 or 7 v Utd last week. I think Kello is steady enough without being great but by no means is he ready for the chop unlike some in the team.... Mole, larry, Lee, Karipidis and zaliukas to name a few

Let's name names.....the fans favourite one M Stewart was sleeping (too busy thinking about who to boss next on the park) and didn't track back....always been a 60 minute man ....I'm afraid he (and others) have returned to norm.....guilty of believing that he's better than he is which is a journey man pro who would struggle to hold a position in most SPL's teams midfield and certainly not Killie's or Dundee Utd judging by his recent performances :(

Firstly I'll state I am only going by the highlights as I couldn't make the game on Saturday and I agree Stewart lost his man but at the same time if Berra had been paying attention and been aware of the danger and stepped inside a little further he would have blocked the run from Bryson. Zali didn't look too clever either, from what I seen it appears he put the ball in the Bryson's path and not the forward, if he'd just jockeyed the player instead of diving in it may have allowed everybody a further second or two to get set.

Archived