Only in Scotland(NHC)

John Titor

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/7652475.stm

Can these morons get all uptight about a wee jibe.

TBH i'm very surprised they are not playing the race card.

Although i find the line

One of the character's lines in a future episode - reported to be a remark that he was allergic to "warm beer, the English national anthem and Glasgow Rangers" - has now been dropped

How can they complain about that when the majority of them sing Rule Britannia?:eek:

It's been covered in the Shed already, big man.

I agree that it's ludicrous, though.

PS. What the hell is wrong with Rule Britannia???!

They were guaranteed to get upset with the lines being spoken by someone called "O'Brien". What's baffling though is that there is no football club called Glasgow Rangers.

Francis Albert
What's baffling though is that there is no football club called Glasgow Rangers.

Funny, I've heard of them. It may not be their official name, but I think most people know who they are.

It's more likely that because of the other manky mob getting all the press because of John Reid saying the spud song is racist they probably feel Martin Bain or one of the other clowns should have came out and defended their honour.

Feel free mods to move if needed

But "there's not a team like the Glasgow Rangers", is there?

Whatever they sing doesn't change the fact there is no such team as Glasgow Rangers.

Francis Albert
Whatever they sing doesn't change the fact there is no such team as Glasgow Rangers.

This is a bit silly isn't it? I know it isn't their official name but there is a team commonly called "Glasgow Rangers", even by their own fans. So why should a soap opera script using the term baffle anyone?

Archived