You are in the changing rooms at Easter Road ...

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

10 minutes before kick off.

The committee have just done their 'team-talk'

The players are baffled, confused, nervous .... beat before the game has started.

What would YOU say to the players. How would YOU fire them up?

Let's be 'aving you as Delia would say.

The players are baffled, confused, nervous .... beat before the game has started.

Let's be 'aving you as Delia would say.[/QUOT

fecking simple, if they need fired up for that one, they should never play for us in the first place

Ryan Gosling

"Ignore what these bawbags just said. Play fast, tackle hard, don't let them have a sniff. Take bookings if you need to. ****ing do these ***** and you'll all be heroes. Lose, and you'll suffer for it for months."

Stupid Sexy Flanders

"When you walk out the tunnel, take a look to your right. Look at that stand full of maroon. And if you've got an ounce of integrity in your body, you'll realise and appreciate what this game means to those people. The people who spend their hard-earned cash to follow you everywhere, only to be let down time and time again. Think about all of this, and then get f****d right into anything wearing green!"

The strange thing is, I wouldn't be remotely surprised if this scenario corresponds fairly closely to reality.

They should make sure the players know what's what with Hibs and go out and fire into them, I remember Alex McDonald saying in an interview some years back, he was asked the question ; "Why is it when you were in charge at Hearts, did you have such strong success over Hibs in derby matches?" Doddie said, " that's an easy one....we just didn't like them!" That's what i want to hear from a manager. Can you imagine what they'd be saying in the Hibs dressing room about how to beat us in a fortnight? My guess is...just pass the ball, they'll get frustrated and we'll score, simple, no major tactics needed! Sadly, i believe we'll get thumped by them, not because they've got better players than us but because their players will be fully motivated while ours'll just pi ss about expecting things to happen rather than going out to MAKE them happen! They're a bunch of gutless wonders!

The strange thing is, I wouldn't be remotely surprised if this scenario corresponds fairly closely to reality.

That's why I said it, I'm fairly certain that's how they feel!

Peanut I like yours. I can't remember the last time we played fast and hard. I don't think we are capable anymore.

Guest juvehearts

I agree with logan

if ANY player needs fired up for a game against your city rivals, they should not be near a maroon shirt let alone be in this city

I agree with logan

if ANY player needs fired up for a game against your city rivals, they should not be near a maroon shirt let alone be in this city

But the reality is that they DO need fired up mate.

When was the last time you came away from a game thinking '**** me we were right up for that'

I'd imagine it was the Hibs semi maybe?

portobellojambo1
"Ignore what these bawbags just said. Play fast, tackle hard, don't let them have a sniff. Take bookings if you need to. ****ing do these ***** and you'll all be heroes. Lose, and you'll suffer for it for months."

I don't know why Peanut, but these are the sort of words I can imagine one of our players making.

Same player who questioned our approach on a very recent visit to Easter Road and was ripped to pieces by some on here for speaking out against those who make the decisions, in fact some wanted him kicked out the club for suggesting something which got us a point that day.

Johanes de Silentio

I'd go RIGHT through them:

Right - Marti Kello - eye on the ball when kicking!

Eggert - keep up the guid work, son!

Berra - Toughen up, son - get close to the strikers and boss them - be in his back - right up him - GET ****ING ANGRY!

Zal - You anaw - take responsibility for marking players - the ba's no gonnae go in the net on it's own - head the ba' clear - nothing clever!

Wallace - Last chance son, LAST ****IN' CHANCE!

Larry - Try and look interested - last week was better - let's have more of that, but take your ****ing chances!

Mikey - keep up the good work!

Kari - I'm playing you out of position again - trust me - I ken what I'm daein' - stay behind the ball and break things up - let everybody else bomb forward

Miko - (sigh) - just do your thing - shoot on site - and ****ing contentrate - and KEEP THE HEID!

Nade - take the ball into your feet - dribble - take players on - they dinnae like it - see what happens

Tullberg - do your thing - stay central - get in the box - do what a striker does - oh, and more thing - SCORE!

Balogh - try harder during the warm ups - the Kickbackers are watching - no, really!

29 - dinnae worry, you'll get the last hafl hour

Jason Thomson - have a rest, son

Ruben - you still here?

Mole - have a rest

Gary Glen - whae the **** are you

EVERYBODY - forget about everything else - just GET TORE INTAE THESE DIRTY HOBO ****ERS - and WIN, FFS!

Guest juvehearts
But the reality is that they DO need fired up mate.

When was the last time you came away from a game thinking '**** me we were right up for that'

I'd imagine it was the Hibs semi maybe?

ask me the question.... when was the last game i stayed for 90 mins m8.

yesterday was my 2nd hearts game in over 3 years!!!!

i left after 57 mins when mole came off!

i think i am the only person in edinburgh that hasnt seen hearts loose a game at tynecastle in over 3 years!

the previous game was the scottish cup 2-2 draw with motherwell!!

yesterday fxxxing hurt me as i didn't have any passion what so ever for hearts, even when kingston scored to make it 1 -1 i just sat in my dads seat (it was his ticket i was using otherwise i wouldnt have went) void of any passion for this club.

everyone else around me was up cheering!

anyone that knows me knows how passionate i was for this club, now, couldnt give a flying d****

Ryan Gosling
I don't know why Peanut, but these are the sort of words I can imagine one of our players making.

Same player who questioned our approach on a very recent visit to Easter Road and was ripped to pieces by some on here for speaking out against those who make the decisions, in fact some wanted him kicked out the club for suggesting something which got us a point that day.

I still stand by what I said before - that performance was one of the most passionate I'd seen from the club in recent years. Fantastic game.

Sorry (it's Sunday) but who are you talking about?

Stewart spoke out against it? I can't remember him doing so...

Incidentally, he's one who's suffered from this reverting back to hoofball the past few games.

Frankly if the players need geeing up for a derby with the brillant support which will be there then we should be handing out P45's on the spot

This is the biggest game of the season to me and many others and if the players dont realise this they do not deserve to be wearing the shirt

You can guarentee the likes of Wallace, Berra, Neilson and Miko know how important this game is to the fans and share that so if the players turn round and still dont get it then I would prefer they dont play them at all

The likes of Nade can just feck off as far as Im concerned, Id rather we let him bugger off and eat himself to death than put up with his half hearted attempts every week

Dik Mar Van Nostrilboy

right boys break that ***** riordan!

oh and jamie mole GTF

Stewart spoke out against it? I can't remember him doing so...

Incidentally, he's one who's suffered from this reverting back to hoofball the past few games.

I saw MS tell SF not long before half time to just do it and **** the consequences (he looked that ****ed of that I thought he was going to run of the park and go for SF). SF looked apologeticly back at MS, told him he was right and said **** it, do it, and the hole game changed.

"When you walk out the tunnel, take a look to your right. Look at that stand full of maroon. And if you've got an ounce of integrity in your body, you'll realise and appreciate what this game means to those people. The people who spend their hard-earned cash to follow you everywhere, only to be let down time and time again. Think about all of this, and then get f****d right into anything wearing green!"

totally completly brilliant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!class

It's a shame they actually need a pep talk before such a game... they should be champin at the bit to get into the hobos.

However;

I'd tell them i've put all their next weeks wages on an away win... so they better get into the queer ****ers or they'll be goin without next week!

Money talks boys!!!;)

I'd point at Wallace and tell him it was his last ****ing chance in a Hearts jersey, and he'll be loaned out to Raith if he doesn't take it.

I'd then proceed to sing 'You're only whores, poofs and junkies', while doing the bouncy.

The Mighty Thor

The players are baffled, confused, nervous? i've got them as disinterested. To a man just plain disinterested.

It's been said. If any one of them doesn't see the significance of the game to the 3000 in the away support then they shouldn't be pulling a Hearts jersey over their heads.

I'd scream at the top of my voice, with Zaliukas by the throat,

'If it's green just ******* kick it'

Wouldn't be surprsied if he then spent the whole afternoon stamping on blades of grass

But seriously I know it will be difficult with it being international week but we need to get in to the players head of the importance of the game - dvds, maybe some ex-players giving speeches - a night out with the fans - Diggers?

Although no doubt a couple of pizzas in Bar Roma will be the call

Bomber Harris

My own thoughts on this mirror the negative comments made by others.

Negative as in i think the days are gone now of Hearts fans going down to the piggery and being confident of a good day.

No one can question my loyalty towards Heart Of Midlothian but i have attended the piggery just half a dozen times over the last 10 or 11 years and that includes the Motherwell, St.Johnstone and Dundee games, the last victory i witnessed was the 0-1 Neil Mcann game but since then i have happily handed over my 20 odd ? over the bar and watched it in the comfort of my local.

These days i have no confidence in Hearts what so ever, my mates can vouch for that, was i the only one who was awaiting the headlines

"GRETNA FC, SCOTTISH CUP WINNERS 2006" ? and as for beating the Hibs on they're own turf, well bollox to that, they have the fire, they have the passion, they have the grit, the determanation, the hunger and the sheer will to put one over they're nearest and dearest and boy do they love to do that.

I think as a club overall we have now put the Edinburgh Derby to a back seat as the passion is not as high as it was some years ago, as said in a previous thread about banners we should be ramming the 02/04/2006 right down they're scabby throats but do we? in my opinion, no.

I'll attend my local on the 19th and watch with pessimism and i'll be very surprised and believe it or not happy if Hearts manage a point that day...

the players just don't have it, i stand to be corrected.

HEART OF MIDLOTHIAN ****** RIGHT OFF HIBERNIAN !

rememberwilliegibson

win this one, boys, and you defo get paid...honest

Bomber Harris

For motavation, i would get the kit man to remove ALL Hearts shirts from the pegs (no puns intended towards Irish Immigrants) until the last minute, hand each and every one out with the crest on the shirt rammed into the face of each and every player lucky enough to play for the Heart Of Midlothian, then remind them that the average wage of the 1500/2000 Hearts fans in the Dunbar End is a low one.

Archived