Clean slate

champs2006

It is quite clear now that Hearts need to go back to square one and look at the whole shape and personnel of the team.

Better use has to be made of the players we have and that begins with playing them in their proper positions.

It is obvious that the shape of the team is not right and the those playing in that shape are either out of position or not comfortable in the job they are asked to do.

The 4-4-1-1 is not working. I would like to see going to a 4-1-4-1. Given the right players this system works well for other teams and is favoured by many clubs.

Also don't think we have the strikers to allow the team to play 4-4-2.

This would also allow players to play where they are comfortable.

What about.......

Kello

Johnsson or Neilson

Karapidas (best position)

Berra

Rapnik (has to be better than Wallace even tho he is a CB and may have to be the only one to play out of position, unless Obua slots in there)

Ruben or Aguiar (natural position)

Miko (best position)

Kingston (best position)

Stewart

Driver (vital to team)

Tulberg (would benefit from Miko and Diver supporting and supplying crosses from the byline!!!)

I really believe this formation would suit the players, give the team a better balance, would give the back four some protection and at the same time allow Kingston to be more influential and support the front man.

Probably wishful thinking and will never happen!!

It is quite clear now that Hearts need to go back to square one and look at the whole shape and personnel of the team.

Better use has to be made of the players we have and that begins with playing them in their proper positions.

It is obvious that the shape of the team is not right and the those playing in that shape are either out of position or not comfortable in the job they are asked to do.

The 4-4-1-1 is not working. I would like to see going to a 4-1-4-1. Given the right players this system works well for other teams and is favoured by many clubs.

Also don't think we have the strikers to allow the team to play 4-4-2.

This would also allow players to play where they are comfortable.

What about.......

Kello

Johnsson or Neilson

Karapidas (best position)

Berra

Rapnik (has to be better than Wallace even tho he is a CB and may have to be the only one to play out of position, unless Obua slots in there)

Ruben or Aguiar (natural position)

Miko (best position)

Kingston (best position)

Stewart

Driver (vital to team)

Tulberg (would benefit from Miko and Diver supporting and supplying crosses from the byline!!!)

I really believe this formation would suit the players, give the team a better balance, would give the back four some protection and at the same time allow Kingston to be more influential and support the front man.

Probably wishful thinking and will never happen!!

Find it hard to disagree with you mate. People see 1 'upfront' and see it as defensive, but it isnt really, or doesnt have to be anyway. With Miko, Driver, Larry, Mikey all supporting and getting wide, that could work very well. It would free Larry from some responsibility too.

Miko, Larry and Driver could interchange. Obua could fit into that well too, as would Chesney. Very easy to change if things aint going well. My only thing is that the top teams who play this way have fullbacks who back the attack and allow the defensive midfielder cover for them. Dont know if we have that - maybe, again Obua could be an attacking fullback

You'll prob get stick tho!!

Before that I think we need to go back and reconsider the shape and set-up of our management/coaching/youth/fitness/diet set up.

Get the building blocks in place first with a group of guys whose sole focus is winning games and developing players, not keeping V*** happy.

Archived