Werner Burger

Dazo

While some of us are having a good moan anyone know what this guy does ? I have been watching football for a long time and I don't think I have seen an assistant take so little interested during the game. Every opposition assistant seems to be taking a active role during the game. Shouting at players, taking to subs, speaking to the manager etc. Ours ? he seems to sit in the dug out playing with his baws most of the time. Has anyone ever seen him outside the dugout or giving orders to any of the players during a game ?

Petty? Maybe but it is really starting to annoy me especially when we are losing. :rolleyes:

While some of us are having a good moan anyone know what this guy does ? I have been watching football for a long time and I don't think I have seen an assistant take so little interested during the game. Every opposition assistant seems to be taking a active role during the game. Shouting at players, taking to subs, speaking to the manager etc. Ours ? he seems to sit in the dug out playing with his baws most of the time. Has anyone ever seen him outside the dugout or giving orders to any of the players during a game ?

Petty? Maybe but it is really starting to annoy me especially when we are losing. :rolleyes:

He's probably still a bit confused about having suddenly and inexplicably been transported from here:

IMG_0821.jpg

to here:

tynecastle_547045.jpg

Understandable, really.

Buffalo Bill

Both Csaba and Werner said at the start that he'd be in the background, as opposed to a 'Billy Brown' type.

Buffalo Bill

Not really relevent to the thread but has anyone else been to wannaburger near cockburn st?

Pretty damn tasty but quite pricey.

Not really relevent to the thread but has anyone else been to wannaburger near cockburn st?

Pretty damn tasty but quite pricey.

:)

I passed it the other day after a lunchtime spent perusing the goodies in Avalanche. Felt tempted, but strolled further to different pastures.

Guest jambomickey

i stand right behind the dug out and he just sits there like a dummy

Ryan Gosling

Csaba said he was a quiet type who would be there to provide a bit of calm in contrast to Csaba's madness.

You're just looking for things to criticise.

Csaba said he was a quiet type who would be there to provide a bit of calm in contrast to Csaba's madness.

You're just looking for things to criticise.

So what does he actually do then apart from be quiet and calm? Is there any point in him being there if he does nothing to help Csaba during the games.

You really don't have to look if I wanted to criticise but it really gets on my nerves that the guy just sits there when we are getting beat. Surely nothing stopping him getting involved in a quiet but calm way. :rolleyes:

Ryan Gosling
So what does he actually do then apart from be quiet and calm? Is there any point in him being there if he does nothing to help Csaba during the games.

You really don't have to look if I wanted to criticise but it really gets on my nerves that the guy just sits there when we are getting beat. Surely nothing stopping him getting involved in a quiet but calm way. :rolleyes:

How do you know he and Csaba aren't discussing what's going on in German throughout the game?

You're basically criticising him for not jumping about like Ally McCoist!

So before when it was just Frail in charge everyone insisted we needed a management team (i.e a manager to come in and bring an assistant)

he is an assistant, he helps Csaba, he is Csaba's pal from back in the day.

what do you want him to do when we are getting beat? Run on the pitch and stick a rocket up someone's arse.

Who knows what some people want.

How do you know he and Csaba aren't discussing what's going on in German throughout the game?

You're basically criticising him for not jumping about like Ally McCoist!

Did I say I wanted him to jump about ? Could he simply not get out his seat and have a word with the players

So before when it was just Frail in charge everyone insisted we needed a management team (i.e a manager to come in and bring an assistant)

what do you want him to do when we are getting beat? Run on the pitch and stick a rocket up someone's arse.

helps him put the cones out ?

Whats all this crap about jumping about and running on the pitch ? I simply asked is it to much for him to get out his seat and have a word with the under performing players. That's what I want if its ok with you.

Whats all this crap about jumping about and running on the pitch ? I simply asked is it to much for him to get out his seat and have a word with the under performing players. That's what I want if its ok with you.

I think Csaba does that enough for the both of them.

You just picking at anything to criticize.

Carl Weathers

Isn't Burger involved in the youth set up as well, or has experience of youth coaching?

Our 19's have won their last four games!

Maybe he does more than we think?

I think Csaba does that enough for the both of them.

You just picking at anything to criticize.

Some players may reacted positively to Csaba dancing about the dug out shouting at anybody who wants to listen. Others may reacted positively to being spoken to by the quiet calm assistant.

Picking at anything ? Complete bollox.

Bandwagon%20Final.jpg

The Mighty Thor
Csaba gets it tight for jumping about and Burger gets it for sitting down. :)

So to paraphrase;

The heid yin, who hasn't got a ****ing scooby as to what he's doing, jumps about like a loon to make it look like he's passionate and knows what he's doing.

The assistant, who hasn't got a ****ing scooby as to what he's doing, just sits playing pocket billiards, comfortable with the fact that he doesn't know what he's doing.

So to paraphrase;

The heid yin, who hasn't got a ****ing scooby as to what he's doing, jumps about like a loon to make it look like he's passionate and knows what he's doing.

The assistant, who hasn't got a ****ing scooby as to what he's doing, just sits playing pocket billiards, comfortable with the fact that he doesn't know what he's doing.

Now you just picking at anything to criticize. :rolleyes:

Seriously don't see the problem in asking what this guy does during match days. If he is the youth/reserve coach then fine get out the ****ing dug out and let somebody in who is going to help the team during games.

The Mighty Thor
Now you just picking at anything to criticize. :rolleyes:

Seriously don't see the problem in asking what this guy does during match days. If he is the youth/reserve coach then fine get out the ****ing dug out and let somebody in who is going to help the team during games.

I was having a dig at both of these jokers to be honest. I'm not taken in by Casba's theatrics, the windmilling of the arms and the jumping around. We were **** yesterday and no amount of leaping around or showing 'passion' alters the fact that the person to blame for yet another dire performance is Csaba. Unless or until he comes out and says i'm not picking the team or setting the formation or tactics.

Salvatore's Tash

I was told that neither Csaba nor Burger go to reserve games. Even when first team players are playing. WTF??? They should both be ashmed if thats the case.

Auld Reekin'

So, :banghead: rather than :banghead2: then? :D

I was having a dig at both of these jokers to be honest. I'm not taken in by Casba's theatrics, the windmilling of the arms and the jumping around. We were **** yesterday and no amount of leaping around or showing 'passion' alters the fact that the person to blame for yet another dire performance is Csaba. Unless or until he comes out and says i'm not picking the team or setting the formation or tactics.

I think that we all know that he can't come out with the comment in the last line of your post. He knew the script when he came in at Hearts.

But anyway, I am not impressed by either of the new parts of the management committee. Even if VR and the rest of the committee are picking the side/subs/tactics - Laszlo and Burger could be coaching from the sidelines, spotting weaknesses in the opposition (perhaps targeting the Killie left back on Saturday could have borne fruit as he looked shakey). But no, now that the results are going against us the histrionics and clowning by Laszlo have stopped and Burger continues to sit mute in the dugout. Pair of jokers. Robbo had the right idea about Laszlo.

The important thing about Werner is that Csaba chose him and trusts him. On the premise that Csaba remains the "main man" this is all that really is important.

And we should be careful, he'll probably be our interim head coach at some point over the next couple of years ;)

Carl Spackler
anyone know what this guy does ?

They had a jukebox put in the changing room and when it breaks down he is the one who fixes it.

fonzie.jpg

Aaaay!

Some real reactionary nonsense on this thread.

Feel free to point it out.

Unless I have missed something our assistant manager has no interaction with the players during games. You have to ask why the hell he is there. Is it really that wrong to expect him to get involved ?

Norfolk and Chance
:)

I passed it the other day after a lunchtime spent perusing the goodies in Avalanche. Felt tempted, but strolled further to different pastures.

any good? always wanted to go there

Charlie-Brown

It is Burger and Tam Ritchie who do the player warm up routines, exercises & drills on match days whilst Ramoska works with the goalies preparations.

Burger then takes the starting eleven into the changing room about 10-15 mins before the game begins.

He's sometimes out preparing a sub at half time...I think he is more of a training ground coach than a touchline bawler & shouter like Billy Brown or Peter Houston are.

Salvatore's Tash
It is Burger and Tam Ritchie who do the player warm up routines, exercises & drills on match days whilst Ramoska works with the goalies preparations.

Burger then takes the starting eleven into the changing room about 10-15 mins before the game begins.

He's sometimes out preparing a sub at half time...I think he is more of a training ground coach than a touchline bawler & shouter like Billy Brown or Peter Houston are.

You know nothing, sick of your pesh

jamboinglasgow
You know nothing, sick of your pesh

wow, I have held back from posting on this thread but some comments I feel are perfect amunition for hobos to mock us.

We sign up Werner Burger as assitant. When he came in he said that he is more for the behind of scenes. Csaba has on countless times said that he has brought Burger in to work on developing the younger players for the first team having worked with the German youth set up doing this and other clubs.

Here Csaba explains about him: http://www.heartsfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/HeartsNewsDetail/0,,10289~1358755,00.html

and here Burger states that he will more be in the backround: http://www.heartsfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/HeartsNewsDetail/0,,10289~1359372,00.html

also a small bit about Burger in this article: http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/heartofmidlothianfc/Father-figures-will-help-grow.4442976.jp

I think asking Burger to jump up and down in the dug out is like moving the deck chairs on the titanic, it doesn't really do anything. It adds confusion to players having two people shouting things at players, I am pretty sure Burger says things Csaba who will make comments to the players in the process. What is clear that Burger's affect on the team is away from the match, his experence and knowledge appear in the way the U19s players and reserves are developing. In the fact that we have a young team who need guidance, his work is not shouting at players on the pitch.

And as for going at nmh, i find it odd some peoples grief at him, the usual taunts of him being Charlie, well I have been at U19s matches and never seen charlie standing there. Yes it maybe more posistive towards vlad and the "regieme" than other posts but he does say alot of correct things which I feel are worth reading. I think a comment like yours is poor.

I'm pretty sure Mr Burger gave instructions to each one of our subs.

Was he sitting down when he did this? :)

wow, I have held back from posting on this thread but some comments I feel are perfect amunition for hobos to mock us.

We sign up Werner Burger as assitant. When he came in he said that he is more for the behind of scenes. Csaba has on countless times said that he has brought Burger in to work on developing the younger players for the first team having worked with the German youth set up doing this and other clubs.

Here Csaba explains about him: http://www.heartsfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/HeartsNewsDetail/0,,10289~1358755,00.html

and here Burger states that he will more be in the backround: http://www.heartsfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/HeartsNewsDetail/0,,10289~1359372,00.html

also a small bit about Burger in this article: http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/heartofmidlothianfc/Father-figures-will-help-grow.4442976.jp

I think asking Burger to jump up and down in the dug out is like moving the deck chairs on the titanic, it doesn't really do anything. It adds confusion to players having two people shouting things at players, I am pretty sure Burger says things Csaba who will make comments to the players in the process. What is clear that Burger's affect on the team is away from the match, his experence and knowledge appear in the way the U19s players and reserves are developing. In the fact that we have a young team who need guidance, his work is not shouting at players on the pitch.

And as for going at nmh, i find it odd some peoples grief at him, the usual taunts of him being Charlie, well I have been at U19s matches and never seen charlie standing there. Yes it maybe more posistive towards vlad and the "regieme" than other posts but he does say alot of correct things which I feel are worth reading. I think a comment like yours is poor.

FFS who is asking for burger to jump about ? You and your band of merry men keep going on about this crap without reading a single word.

All I asked was what he does because I have not seen him do a single thing except sit in the dug out. I have never seen him have a word with the players(bollocking or encouragement) and it annoys me when we are getting beat. If he is here to work with the youths then fine get out the dug out.

NMH old user name used to be Charlie so your barking up the wrong tree again. :rolleyes:

Was he sitting down when he did this? :)

Yes, with a pad and paper. I specifically remember it because he was talking to wee Audrey and I was slightly dissapointed that Ksanavicius was coming on.

jamboinglasgow
FFS who is asking for burger to jump about ? You and your band of merry men keep going on about this crap without reading a single word.

All I asked was what he does because I have not seen him do a single thing except sit in the dug out. I have never seen him have a word with the players(bollocking or encouragement) and it annoys me when we are getting beat. If he is here to work with the youths then fine get out the dug out.

NMH old user name used to be Charlie so your barking up the wrong tree again. :rolleyes:

er...did you read my post? it clearly has articles that explain what he does, so I did answer your post, jumping up and down was in relation to what others have been saying.

I admit I was wrong about NMH being referred to as charlie by some users as you said that was his old nickname, but there are some on here who seem to think he is either employed by hearts or charlie Mann which is not true.

Let's face it someone fecking well needs to!!

Archived