Tullberg

vegas-voss

Wasn't great yesterday but what i noticed yesterday for the first time this season(well first half anyway)is that we had a striker making runs into the middle of the box not drifting way out wide the whole game.Tullberg and Glen has to be the way forward as i am getting sick of never seeing strikers in where it hurts.

Yes he has had about 1 full game now, so too early to really judge.

But he did make runs towards goal and was within a foot of getting onto the end of a couple of crosses. So maybe with sharpness through games he would get there.

But ... his goalscoring record in the past is poor and I don't think that he looks like an SPL goalscorer. He looks slow and Kevin McKenna like in style up front. He is certainly not of the quality of Jankauskas in that hold the ball role up front.

While the service was poor he was crap yesterday just like the rest of them. Don't think he won a header all day. Looked void of skill or ability when he did have the ball. I appreciate i am judging him on yesterdays game but what else have we got to go on. Hopefully he will improve as we do. :rolleyes:

Yes he has had about 1 full game now, so too early to really judge.

But he did make runs towards goal and was within a foot of getting onto the end of a couple of crosses. So maybe with sharpness through games he would get there.

But ... his goalscoring record in the past is poor and I don't think that he looks like an SPL goalscorer. He looks slow and Kevin McKenna like in style up front. He is certainly not of the quality of Jankauskas in that hold the ball role up front.

Yeah i agree with a lot of that and that's why i would like Glen along with him in the team as he is another who is not scared to make the runs into the box where it hurts teams.Mole and Nade are just never in a position in the box to score and as for Makela why the **** did we just not give him back to the HJK.

Yeah i agree with a lot of that and that's why i would like Glen along with him in the team as he is another who is not scared to make the runs into the box where it hurts teams.Mole and Nade are just never in a position in the box to score and as for Makela why the **** did we just not give him back to the HJK.

Not fair to condemn Makela given the lack of time he's had this year. Remember that goal which Besijla created with a tremendous cross for Makela. Makela made a good run off the defender and took the goal well. How many other chances like that has Makela been presented with in the scrappy bits and pieces of games he's had. He is clearly not a player who can get involved in build up play - but I think he is a penalty box player. Anyway, we probably don't have any players to make chances for him.

I am bemused as to why Glen isn't playing. Ksnavicius getting all these games ahead of Glen is a sick joke.

I am bemused as to why Glen isn't playing. Ksnavicius getting all these games ahead of Glen is a sick joke.

Agreed and if as many on here think that Vlad is involved in picking the team why give the young lad a 5 year deal then freeze him out.Don't make sense to me and as for the excuse of burning him out to quick,that's pish as i have not even seen him feature.

Whilst we may not have a really decent front pairing even if we played 4-4-2, a big part of the problem is that we aren't getting forward in numbers, the full backs rarely go beyond the wide midfield players and with the exception of Driver, we have no one to go beyond the opposition full back and put a cross in.

Regardless of who is playing up front, most games we are creating very little as the lack of quality throughout the team and IMO, CL's defensive tactics, are as big problem as who is playing up front.

peebles jambo
While the service was poor he was crap yesterday just like the rest of them. Don't think he won a header all day. Looked void of skill or ability when he did have the ball. I appreciate i am judging him on yesterdays game but what else have we got to go on. Hopefully he will improve as we do. :rolleyes:

jumps about as high as mole, and that's not very, he looked like a fish out of water yesterday

We need him to come good, him and Obua.

Driver, Obua, Tullberg and Kingston are our 1st choice attacking players. We will see how good/bad we are when they are all playing.

rudi must stay
Wasn't great yesterday but what i noticed yesterday for the first time this season(well first half anyway)is that we had a striker making runs into the middle of the box not drifting way out wide the whole game.Tullberg and Glen has to be the way forward as i am getting sick of never seeing strikers in where it hurts.

noticed that as well. He also set up our goal IIRC. Too early to judge if he'll be a good signing but he looked okay yesterday

willing to give the guy a chance looked like he has not played in a while .will make a judgement near end of the year after a few games.He can`t be much worse than either mole or choo choo. he did set up our goal:)

Ryan Gosling

The first time he got the ball to feet in the game, he set up the goal.

So we continued to play it long..

Not fair to condemn Makela given the lack of time he's had this year.

Did you see any of his touches on Saturday?

I thought Tullberg was crap on Saturday... but then so were the rest of them!:eek:

Charlie-Brown

Makela is a waste of time and money - he might be a poacher but he will never be a good footballer - if he'd been signed from FBK instead of HJK he'd be getting far much more stick & criticism than he does = he's not any better than Beniusis was.

I dont think Tullberg will be even as good as a poor mans Jankauskas.

This shouldnt stop him getting at least 10 goals this season. Even John Sutton is around a 3rd the way there already....

Makela is a waste of time and money - he might be a poacher but he will never be a good footballer - if he'd been signed from FBK instead of HJK he'd be getting far much more stick & criticism than he does = he's not any better than Beniusis was.

How many goals did Beniusis score for us?

Do you get extra points for having good footballers in your side? Is there no role at all in our rank squad for a poacher?

Charlie-Brown

Edgaras Jankauskas was a player of the highest quality and played for some of the top echelon of clubs in europe.

Comparing Tullberg or any other young striker to him is unrealistic and puts unneccessary pressure or expectation on the player if that is your mindset.

Charlie-Brown
How many goals did Beniusis score for us?

Do you get extra points for having good footballers in your side? Is there no role at all in our rank squad for a poacher?

How many chances were created for Beniusis in the few games that he played?

Yes we need a goalscorer but Makela is too poor quality to have a starting place in the team and isn't deserving of anything more than being an impact sub if we need to try to grab a goal.

Anyway that aside I just think that Makela & Beniusis whilst both goalpoachers are equally poor quality players in the SPL.

Here is both their career records

Beniusis

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ri%C4%8Dardas_Beniu%C5%A1is

Makela

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Juho_Makela

Edgaras Jankauskas was a player of the highest quality and played for some of the top echelon of clubs in europe.

Comparing Tullberg or any other young striker to him is unrealistic and puts unneccessary pressure or expectation on the player if that is your mindset.

Jankauskas was good for us for about 5 minutes and then he fell out with Pressley and was more bother than he was worth... he couldn't give a toss about Hearts and his performances (of which there were very few) in his last season showed us what a moaning, slow, shot shy, billy big boots he was... I was delighted when he left!

Although in SC semi he was a hero!

I find it amusing people are saying Tullberg made the right runs (i.e. towards goal) with the inference being that Mole didn't.

It's probably correct Mole hasn't been making those sort of runs but then he was playing up front on his own with virtually no support. Tullberg was able to make those runs precisely because he was playing alongside Mole. I can almost guarantee if Tullberg had been the lone striker he'd have been making the same runs Mole did.

And also add to the equation that Kingston made more forward runs on Saturday than practically all the previous games combined. It's amazing what a little support play can do.

As has been said previously,the first time he got the ball at feet,we scored.

And,in the second half,just when he had started to become more involved,starting to link up with the ball played to feet,he was subbed.

Who decided to launch it at every opportunity in the first half? Csaba said it wasn't him?

The first time he got the ball to feet in the game, he set up the goal.

So we continued to play it long..

spot on. he was also involved in the build up to the chance Kingston volleyed over the bar, playing a nice ball wide to Thomson. Hearts approach play on Saturday was mostly shocking and I'm no going to judge a player on 65 minutes of battling for 70 yard hoofs.

Art Vanderlay

Thought he looked very good in the air actually. In fact, don't recall him NOT winning the ball in the air.

First thing he did in the game was to leap into an aerial challenge with two Killie boys, seemingly with no hope of winning it (I figured he was just making his presence known). Lo and behold he out-muscled both and powered a header to a teammate.

Got a lot of flick ons and knock downs.

Tullberg and Glen, that's what I want to see. Although Nade's control and ability to protect the ball and bring others into play is a class apart in terms of what we have at our disposal...

Ryan Gosling
Jankauskas was good for us for about 5 minutes and then he fell out with Pressley and was more bother than he was worth... he couldn't give a toss about Hearts and his performances (of which there were very few) in his last season showed us what a moaning, slow, shot shy, billy big boots he was... I was delighted when he left!

Although in SC semi he was a hero!

Just re-write history, it's fine.

Jankauskas had a better goals-to-games ratio than Hartley, and is behind Skacel by 0.04 gpg.

I'd go as far as to say he was as crucial to that whole season as any other.

Ryan Gosling

Oh and I reckon if he hadn't started the hibs game and been broken in gently, Beniusis could have nicked a few goals for us...

Thought he looked very good in the air actually. In fact, don't recall him NOT winning the ball in the air.

First thing he did in the game was to leap into an aerial challenge with two Killie boys, seemingly with no hope of winning it (I figured he was just making his presence known). Lo and behold he out-muscled both and powered a header to a teammate.

Got a lot of flick ons and knock downs.

Tullberg and Glen, that's what I want to see. Although Nade's control and ability to protect the ball and bring others into play is a class apart in terms of what we have at our disposal...

He won a good few headers, I remember this as it is the first time in ages that one of our strikers has done so.

Anyone who thought tullberg won a lot of ball on saturday was not at the same game as me. Fraser Wright won 80% of the high balls because he was able to move and jump whilst tullberg had to stand still waiting for crap hoofs.

He moved well and was not slow, as in De Vries slow. When we have our main players fit we may see something special happen all of a sudden. but not holding my breath as the usual suspects have to get their game.

Archived