Murrayfield or Romanov?

Guest Fabuloso

Which would you prefer (if forced)?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Which would you prefer (if forced)?

• Tyncastle with Romanov
    • Murrayfield without Romanov

Guest Fabuloso

Both horrible situations however which one is the worst? In other words is it worse to be at Tynie with Romanov or playing at MF without him.

Just read this again - what a depressing question - sorry.

$ilvery_Moon
Both horrible situations however which one is the worst? In other words is it worse to be at Tynie with Romanov or playing at MF without him.

I voted incorrectly. Obviously being at Murrayfield is worse.

Selling the ground leaves us owing Romanov about ?20m+ (depending on property values in depressed property market).

I don't think we would be getting as far as Murrayfield as we would be insolvent after selling the ground, and have no assets. The current squad is worth sod all, so I think we would be going to the wall rather than Murrayfield.

The problem here is the Pieman, not so much Romanov - the Pieman got us into this position where we had no choice but to sell to Romanov, after he accumulated ?20m debt in a few years and got into bed with SMG. It was the Pieman who sold our ground to Cala Homes (which Romanov cancelled).

The question is academic because Murayfield is not an option, unless someone is prepared to buy the club from Romanov.

Two other factors:

The selling price of Tynecastle is unlikely to be high enough to cover the debt in the present economic climate.

We would be dead within a season if we went to Murrayfield, as crowds would dwindle and we wouldn't be able to afford to pay the SRU rent.

So, we are stuck with the man and his inferior product!

Guest Fabuloso
The question is academic because Murayfield is not an option, unless someone is prepared to buy the club from Romanov.

Two other factors:

The selling price of Tynecastle is unlikely to be high enough to cover the debt in the present economic climate.

We would be dead within a season if we went to Murrayfield, as crowds would dwindle and we wouldn't be able to afford to pay the SRU rent.

So, we are stuck with the man and his inferior product!

Interesting results. The question is hypothetical based on where we are currently however a few years back this was the reality. I chose VR then however with hindsight I realise I made a mistake. Given the furore surrounding moving to Murrayfield originally over half say they would rather this were the situation than VR owning the club. Whatever your viewpoint this in itself says a lot. Remember it was inconceivable to most fans that we could ever play at Murrayfield.

One thing I'd say about CR is that he did what he thought was best for the club in the circumstances. Yes, he did this badly, but he was acting in what he thought, were the best interests of the club. The opposite I believe to be true for Romanov as he's acting in his own best interests (and doing an even worse job).

Pants Shaton

One thing I'd say about CR is that he did what he thought was best for the club in the circumstances. Yes, he did this badly, but he was acting in what he thought, were the best interests of the club. The opposite I believe to be true for Romanov as he's acting in his own best interests (and doing an even worse job).

He did what was best for Chris Robinson. If pay was related to performace he'd be a tramp now.

Guest Fabuloso
He did what was best for Chris Robinson. If pay was related to performace he'd be a tramp now.

I not saying he did his job well.

Do you really believe that? I think that you will find that you are in the minority because in my view CR mislead the fans and shareholders to protect his own pocket. Remember, he was the chap that produced the "not fit for purpose" document and who stood up at various public meetings and told porky after porky about why the club needed to move to Murrayfield, in the process changing 180 degrees many of the arguments that he himself used for moving to Straiton. Indeed, he was the man that tried to convince us that the council and H&SE would never allow us to develop Tynecastle because of its proximity to a chemical plant, which no longer seems to be an issue. Strange that, isn't it?

I can assure you that CR had nobody's but his own interests at heart throughout his reign at Tynecastle!

Get a grip. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Like I said on another thread we are back where we are when Romanov came along. We are still at Tynecastle with another Scottish Cup.

EDIT: Although we have suffered.

Do you really believe that? I think that you will find that you are in the minority because in my view CR mislead the fans and shareholders to protect his own pocket. Remember, he was the chap that produced the "not fit for purpose" document and who stood up at various public meetings and told porky after porky about why the club needed to move to Murrayfield, in the process changing 180 degrees many of the arguments that he himself used for moving to Straiton. Indeed, he was the man that tried to convince us that the council and H&SE would never allow us to develop Tynecastle because of its proximity to a chemical plant, which no longer seems to be an issue. Strange that, isn't it?

I can assure you that CR had nobody's but his own interests at heart throughout his reign at Tynecastle!

Really? I haven't noticed the development of Tynie since CR left and the wrost club owner in world history took over. Show me the developments of Tynie, new stand no, new corporate area perhaps no, hotel no, so what development has happened

The Murrayfield option was a desperate prospect at the time but I would make the following comments:

1) The real estate sale of Tynecastle would have cleared our debt.

2) We would had the use of a state of the art ground in close proximity to Tynecastle.

3) We had a half decent team at the time making not bad progress in Europe.

4) We had a decent manager who was also a Hearts man in Levein.

5) We had our acadamy in place which was in the hands of coaches who were Hearts men and who were attracting young talent from our hinterland and beyond.

6) The club would have still been in the hands of Hearts men and given the will to survive and prosper, which I am certain would have been the case, I am sure we could all have made a fist of it.

Murrayfield would have been a hell of a challenge but I would rather be there than in the pin ball machine that is the Romanov experience at Tynecastle.

(Tin hat out of the cupboard and placed firmly on head.)

Stupid Sexy Flanders

Can't believe anyone has taken the Murrayfield option. Are people saying they would prefer the certain death of the club ahead of all that's happened under VR, good and bad? I despair at the lack of intelligence on this board sometimes.

Really? I haven't noticed the development of Tynie since CR left and the wrost club owner in world history took over. Show me the developments of Tynie, new stand no, new corporate area perhaps no, hotel no, so what development has happened

I think if you read my post properly you will see that all that I said was that the existence of the nearby chemical plant is no longer an issue to prevent planning permission being granted, though it was one of the main reasons that CR gave for moving. At no point did I state that I supported or trusted Romanov or that I believed that the new stand would be constructed by him. My post was in response to the claim that CR had the club's - and not his own - best interests at heart and not on the subject of Romanov which is quite another matter.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC
Can't believe anyone has taken the Murrayfield option. Are people saying they would prefer the certain death of the club ahead of all that's happened under VR, good and bad? I despair at the lack of intelligence on this board sometimes.

How was it certain?

Stupid Sexy Flanders
How was it certain?

Selling Tynie would have almost cleared the debt, we would have been left paying rent to the SRU, and with dwindling crowds it would only have been a matter of time before the debt was back up to its previous level, but this time we would have had no assets (ie land, stadium) to borrow against.

I suppose there is the off chance we could have produced loads of young players through the academy and sold them all for ?10m each, but given CPR's record for getting market value for the players he sold, could you see that happening? (For example, would he have got ?9m for Craigie G? An emphatic "no" is the answer.)

Francis Albert

When Romanov aerrived on the scene I was in the tiny and much reviled "better the devil you know" camp who would have gone to Murrayfield even with CPR. I just couldn't fathom anything other than a criminal or asset-stripping rationale for Vlad's interest in Hearts. Nothing so far suggests my worst fears were justified, so for now I vote Vlad and Tynecastle.

I voted Murrayfield, and anything to get rid of that low life is a better option. Please dont assume people who hold an opinion different to yours lack intelligence. I question the sanity of those who blindly think things will start to improve under Romanov!

The facts stare us in the face, the team he started his "Revolution" with are no more, they have been replaced with utter dross, and if we avoid relegation this season we will be doing well.

Anyone who watches that bunch of useless journeymen that pupport to be Hearts players, playing in a stadium whose atmosphere used to be known as the best in Scotland and thinking things are OK are sadly mistaken!

Romanov what ever his motives, are at odds with the success of our team, please open your eyes and see the spaces in the ground grow with every week - it would be no different to Murrayfield. (at least we would be free of his maniacal outbursts and a team on the road to nowhere)

ps before I finish have you booked your seat in the new ?51m stand?

Lack of intelligence dont make me laugh!

I despair that some people on here think there is an alternative to Romanov and that is going to Murrayfield.

That option is no longer on the table (thankfully, because we would be bust by now), and there is no knight in shining armour to come to the rescue. Who is going to spend ?40m+ to buy Hearts from Romanov?

In terms of football, are we really in a worse state than we were in the '70s or early '90s with Jordan and McLean?

We won the cup in 2006 under Romanov, and finished 2nd, entering the Champions League qualifiers - something that wouldn't have happened if he hadn't taken over.

I've certainly seen worse hearts teams and think a lot of people have short memories.

I despair that some people on here think there is an alternative to Romanov and that is going to Murrayfield.

It waas a hypothetical question.

In my opinion, anywhere without Romanov is the best option

In terms of football, are we really in a worse state than we were in the '70s or early '90s with Jordan and McLean?

We won the cup in 2006 under Romanov, and finished 2nd, entering the Champions League qualifiers - something that wouldn't have happened if he hadn't taken over.

I've certainly seen worse hearts teams and think a lot of people have short memories.

It's no longer about the team on the park, though.

It's about the future existence of the club.

This is a no brainer... although I hate Romanov for what he has reduced us to... Hearts at Murrayfield would be the end of our great club.

We are damned with him and damned without him... all hope lies with Fatty Foulkes and his quest to bring in a new saviour!

'mon the fatty!:P

It waas a hypothetical question.

In my opinion, anywhere without Romanov is the best option

It's no longer about the team on the park, though.

It's about the future existence of the club.

That does not even make sense.

ANYONE VOTING FOR MURRAYFIELD SHOULD HANG THERE HEAD IN SHAME:mad:

The people who should be hanging their heads in shame are the Romanov's, their coaches and journeymen players!

I have no real wish to turn up at Murrayfield, but things are only going to get worse under the present regime. (I also think the people who didn't pay the Hearts staff wages should hang their heads in shame before us who only want the best for our team!) note I am not bothered about the awful players wages!

Guest jambomickey
I should bloody well think so!!!

eggo let me tell you i had a half page spread in the sun about why we should never leave tynecastle, i was also part of save our hearts and i was one of the guys who went through to hampden to protest against robinsons plan

The people who should be hanging their heads in shame are the Romanov's, their coaches and journeymen players!

I have no real wish to turn up at Murrayfield, but things are only going to get worse under the present regime. (I also think the people who didn't pay the Hearts staff wages should hang their heads in shame before us who only want the best for our team!) note I am not bothered about the awful players wages!

Would we have been better off and playing better football if the Romanovs hadnt turned up?...Naw!

Would we be in business?...Maybes aye maybes naw!

Does anyone actually know what happened with the payroll?..probably not,but some on here make up what they dont know!

eggo let me tell you i had a half page spread in the sun about why we should never leave tynecastle, i was also part of save our hearts and i was one of the guys who went through to hampden to protest against robinsons plan

Then you think it would be best for a buyer to turn up before chasing Romanov out the club?

Well...ive had a full page in the Sun:p

And good on you for doing,instead of talking[like 90% on here] when we got rid of that fat ####!

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo

So far 43% so far on the poll have expressed the previous unthinkable.

I thought as a support we had matured over the last three years to the extant that we now accepted that Heart of Midlothian and Tynecastle Park are not one and the same and never will be.

How do you erase 250,000 supporters? Where will they go? They will go wherever Hearts are playing. Did Sunderland fans want to leave Roker, Middlesborough Ayresome etc? As fans they were mature enough to accept it.

We have a custom made stadium ready the minute Little Ratbags Romanov pulls the pin. We dont need him. We have strength in numbers. We will survive. We have survived for over 130 years.

All this whining and whinging about us "dying" is moral gutlessness. And also quite absurd.

I thought as a support we had matured over the last three years to the extant that we now accepted that Heart of Midlothian and Tynecastle Park are not one and the same and never will be.

How do you erase 250,000 supporters? Where will they go? They will go wherever Hearts are playing. Did Sunderland fans want to leave Roker, Middlesborough Ayresome etc? As fans they were mature enough to accept it.

We have a custom made stadium ready the minute Little Ratbags Romanov pulls the pin. We dont need him. We have strength in numbers. We will survive. We have survived for over 130 years.

All this whining and whinging about us "dying" is moral gutlessness. And also quite absurd.

Not one and the same...who ever thought that?:eek:

Drylaw Hearts

I would never want Hearts to move to MF but I do want VR to put his stake in the Club up for sale.

Guest jambomickey

heart of midlothian belong in gorgie at tynecastle park

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo
heart of midlothian belong in gorgie at tynecastle park

I know but keep thinking that way and you might lose both.

Guest jambomickey
I would never want Hearts to move to MF but I do want VR to put his stake in the Club up for sale.

that's my position also mate

Guest jambomickey
I know but keep thinking that way and you might lose both.

with the right people in place mate i'm sure hearts will remain at tynecastle and go onto bigger and better things

Francis Albert

I always want the best of all possible worlds too.

I'm convinced we would have gone to the wall had we been dragged by Mr Disingenuous (CPR) kicking and screaming to Murrayfield. Vlad has given us a stay of execution but it is just that, I think we're doomed, whether he stays or not, especially after his statement following the Kanuas Rangers game, I don't see the point anymore if those running the club are resigned to us not winning the league ever again.

55% For Tynecastle

45% Murrayfield As i write this

Had this question been asked 3 years ago before Romanov came in it would have been a completely different set of figures. That in itself is enough to show how people are thinking now. It also shows how divided The Hearts support is.

We have people talking about Foulkes talking to consortiums and hoping he can get something sorted. We thought he had done that before when he encouraged us to "Believe" in Romanov. it was Foulkes who brough Romanov to us and sold him to us. Even after Romanov was in and owbned us Foulkes still went on and on about how great he was and how he "Believed" vlad is the best thing for our club and how he trusted him. As soon as Foulkes walks it changes. Im sorry but he is a politician frst and foremost and like all politicians they want votes, and he will jump on any apple cart going in whatever direction if it means it will carry him favour and more votes. If all the Hearts fans said we were happy with VR (Which is never going to happen but speaking for arguments sake to show a point) Foulkes would be in the paper defending him.

Instead of relying on the man who got us into bed with Romanov in the first place maybe its about time as fans we did something about this ourselves, instead of pulling in opposite directions and having a go at each other for different beliefs if we actually stood "Together" on the one thing that means the same to all of us and that is the future of Heart of Midlothian, the club we have supported all our lives.

"Save our Hearts" should be set up again IMO there is more than enough support for them, through an organised set-up like Save our Hearts they can maybe pull some strings speak to businessman, pull in some big names to get involved to get the campaign noticed on a big scale, and maybe through that a consortium or even a business individual willing to invest can be found or put together. On the reverse side of that it will show Romanov that he is not going to get away with treating us like idiots anymore, that we are willing to fight him that although he may have 80+% in our club the club still belongs to the fans, and if he genuinely is not interested in the best for our club then he will have a fight on his hands. If however he is still interested then it could be the kick up the backside he has been needing for sometime.

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo
55% For Tynecastle

Had this question been asked 3 years ago before Romanov came in it would have been a completely different set of figures. That in itself is enough to show how people are thinking now. It also shows how divided The Hearts support is.

We have people talking about Foulkes talking to consortiums and hoping he can get something sorted. We thought he had done that before when he encouraged us to "Believe" in Romanov. it was Foulkes who brough Romanov to us and sold him to us. Even after Romanov was in and owbned us Foulkes still went on and on about how great he was and how he "Believed" vlad is the best thing for our club and how he trusted him. As soon as Foulkes walks it changes. Im sorry but he is a politician frst and foremost and like all politicians they want votes, and he will jump on any apple cart going in whatever direction if it means it will carry him favour and more votes. If all the Hearts fans said we were happy with VR (Which is never going to happen but speaking for arguments sake to show a point) Foulkes would be in the paper defending him.

Instead of relying on the man who got us into bed with Romanov in the first place maybe its about time as fans we did something about this ourselves, instead of pulling in opposite directions and having a go at each other for different beliefs if we actually stood "Together" on the one thing that means the same to all of us and that is the future of Heart of Midlothian, the club we have supported all our lives.

"Save our Hearts" should be set up again IMO there is more than enough support for them, through an organised set-up like Save our Hearts they can maybe pull some strings speak to businessman, pull in some big names to get involved to get the campaign noticed on a big scale, and maybe through that a consortium or even a business individual willing to invest can be found or put together. On the reverse side of that it will show Romanov that he is not going to get away with treating us like idiots anymore, that we are willing to fight him that although he may have 80+% in our club the club still belongs to the fans, and if he genuinely is not interested in the best for our club then he will have a fight on his hands. If however he is still interested then it could be the kick up the backside he has been needing for sometime.

Well said,

In defence of George, remember the times. We were staring into an abyss. Tynecastle was TO BE SOLD. Unfortunately the mindset at the times against virtually ALL the fans was that Tynie being sold was the end of Hearts(though of course there were people willing to see it happen as they would be willing to follow Hearts anywhere). Happily, large numbers now have been able to separate in their minds Tynecastle from HMFC as two different entities. George Foulkes stopped the sale of Tynie temporarily in order to buy time to bring in Vlad, who we are to believe was the ONLY show in town.

I think the numbers will rise. Selling Tynecastle whilst a incredibly painful scenario, is now being accepted by more and more fans as a fait accompli if we want our "Soul" back.

Sign of the maturity of our support if you ask me.

I P Knightley
Selling Tynie would have almost cleared the debt, we would have been left paying rent to the SRU, and with dwindling Do we know they'd have dwindled?crowds it would only have been a matter of time before the debt was back up to its previous level, but this time we would have had no assets (ie land, stadium) to borrow against. Who wants to be borrowing right now? Is borrowing good?

I suppose there is the off chance we could have produced loads of young players through the academy and sold them all for ?10m each, but given CPR's record for getting market value for the players he sold, could you see that happening? (For example, would he have got ?9m for Craigie G? An emphatic "no" is the"your" answer.but we got ?9m and what good's it done us? Maybe ?5mill when at Murrayfield would have been put to better use)

'Certain death'?? :dramaqueen:

;)

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo
'Certain death'?? :dramaqueen:

;)

I know.

How absurd does that sound and so melodramatic.

Mind you it worked three years ago. We all believed it and Vlad swept in. Now look at us.

Happily it does not resound now as it did then. People have woke up.

Good for them.

Well said,

In defence of George, remember the times. We were staring into an abyss. Tynecastle was TO BE SOLD. Unfortunately the mindset at the times against virtually ALL the fans was that Tynie being sold was the end of Hearts(though of course there were people willing to see it happen as they would be willing to follow Hearts anywhere). Happily, large numbers now have been able to separate in their minds Tynecastle from HMFC as two different entities. George Foulkes stopped the sale of Tynie temporarily in order to buy time to bring in Vlad, who we are to believe was the ONLY show in town.

I think the numbers will rise. Selling Tynecastle whilst a incredibly painful scenario, is now being accepted by more and more fans as a fait accompli if we want our "Soul" back.

Sign of the maturity of our support if you ask me.

Here what your saying, but we were told Romanov was the only show in town at the time, the way Romanov was sold to us was Stay with CR and its murrayfield in which case we could be out of business. Choose VR he will keep us at Tynecastle. Because staying at Tynecastle was such a big issue "No pun intended" there was only one choice to make. Although we find out later that there was another show in town, how credible and genuine we will never know as Robinson went for the easy money route to line his pockets and wouldnt listen to them. Foulkes blanked them and didnt say anything.

Don't know if anyone remembers one of Romanovs first interviews to the Scotsman/Evening news when he first came in. His ideal was he wanted a state of the art multi purpose stadium that edinburgh could be proud of and he would like Hibs to share that. Of course Petrie dismissed any possible ground share at the time. Now this statement came from the man brought in to save us who knew we wanted him because he was keeping us at our spiritual home, then within months he's talking about ground sharing at a new site, and Foulkes was there at the time and said nothing against him or this idea.

Dagger Is Back

I voted MF.

Sitting there yesterday (again) watching a bunch of players most of whom couldn't give a toss.

That wasn't our HMFC yesterday - it was a bunch of football mercenaries trying, unsuccessfully, to play the beautiful game.

Give me a Gary Mackay, a Neil Berry, a Scott Crabbe any day of the week.

Good old honest pros not this bunch of overpaid mince.

Nade - poor pitiful excuse of a man

Dwarf - pathetic footballer - wouldn't get his game for many if any of our rivals

Wallace - lacking confidence? Give yourself a boot up the arse you fool

Kingston - overpaid and overrated prima donna

Berra/Zali - couple of nancy boys

Mole - I'm speechless

Thomson - if that's our academy end product God help us

We need good old Scottish pros - the SPL is full of them

Paisley Jambo
The Murrayfield option was a desperate prospect at the time but I would make the following comments:

1) The real estate sale of Tynecastle would have cleared our debt.

2) We would had the use of a state of the art ground in close proximity to Tynecastle.

3) We had a half decent team at the time making not bad progress in Europe.

4) We had a decent manager who was also a Hearts man in Levein.

5) We had our acadamy in place which was in the hands of coaches who were Hearts men and who were attracting young talent from our hinterland and beyond.

6) The club would have still been in the hands of Hearts men and given the will to survive and prosper, which I am certain would have been the case, I am sure we could all have made a fist of it.

Murrayfield would have been a hell of a challenge but I would rather be there than in the pin ball machine that is the Romanov experience at Tynecastle.

(Tin hat out of the cupboard and placed firmly on head.)

No tin hat from me. I applaud you for sticking your neck out and saying it as it actually is.

The club is not the one that I was introduced to and have been proud to support.

We were never the best but at least we were a properly run club, not an absolute joke.

Heart of Midlothian had managers who were allowed to manage and players who played for the jersey.

In return for saving Tynecastle we have given up the soul of the club. Romanov doesn't give a toss what the Hearts fans think or feel. Even the most diehard fan must see that.

Heart of Midlothian, the club I chose to support, is no longer. Yes the name and the ground are the same but the heart and soul are long gone.

I would trade Romanov's Hearts for the Heart of Midlothian of old in a minute even if the price was Tynecastle.

Guest Fabuloso
55% For Tynecastle

Probably the best, and most sensible, post I've read since joining KB. Well said that man.

As an aside in 20yrs time how will we look back on the VR era? I think a lot of fans will regret their incredible comments on this site. Let's hope he's still not there.

Archived