Craig Thomson

Nucky Thompson

Nucky Thompson

I would just like to start a thread even though we got beat, this ref is a breath of fresh air, the best in Scotland by a mile. Cheating McDonald and your cronies take note.

I would just like to start a thread even though we got beat, this ref is a breath of fresh air, the best in Scotland by a mile. Cheating McDonald and your cronies take note.

Is he the one who was in all the papers during the week for wearing a mankini too the macedonia game?

Guest jambomickey

good for you boo! got to agree with you, there's a guy just along from me and every single game for 90 minutes it's the referee who gets it

Randle P McMurphy

They say that the best referees are the ones that you barely notice during a game. On that basis I agree.

chester copperpot

I agree.

Started a thread on him last season and said pretty much the same mate. The standard of Ref's might make him look better than he is, but he's done ok whenever I've seen him. Fair to both sides, that's all you ask for.

Unlike the two moaning morons that sit behind me and the ridiculously loud Geordie that sits further back, I had no complaints about his performance.

got to agree mate ,for once it was our own fault for getting humped. the ref had a great game today let then game flow as much as he could. i cant remember the last game i seen with that many drop balls.

Is he the one who was in all the papers during the week for wearing a mankini too the macedonia game?

No.

For the record, i thought he done okay but we shouldn't marvel in his performance, because it's what he's paid to do and it's what's expected of him.

Billy the Jambo
got to agree mate ,for once it was our own fault for getting humped. the ref had a great game today let then game flow as much as he could. i cant remember the last game i seen with that many drop balls.

Its always our fault for getting humped **** all to do with ref no matter who he is

Nucky Thompson
Its always our fault for getting humped **** all to do with ref no matter who he is
Wrong. Most of the time it is down to the incompetence of the pish refs:rolleyes: But Mr Thomson seems to be in a league of his own.

I thought he was very good today

Tried to let the game flow, which was quite tricky with Killie's physical approach. All the cards seemed fair

My only slight gripe is with his handling of Pascali. He gave away a few fouls, and should have been in the book, before he made that nasty tackle from behind that finally got him booked. That should have been his second yellow

Very good refereeing performance today.

Praise where it's due, well done to the OP for starting this thread.

Toxteth O'Grady

It was funny when he had a quiet word with Larry instead of booking him and Larry gave him a high five

Dr. Bapswent

Totally disagree, thought he was murder.

I wouldnt want to confuse inconsistencey with wanting to let the game flow.

He bottled a few decisions and made a few up.

He was however inconsistent to both sides.

He was taken for a complete monkey when Lilley pretended he had a head knock.

He was gash.

I cant think of a decent ref in the SPL.

Wrong. Most of the time it is down to the incompetence of the pish refs:rolleyes: But Mr Thomson seems to be in a league of his own.

thanks the boo, thats the point i was trying to make it just didnt come out properly.;)

He was gash.

Got the big decisions right.

Did not affect the outcome of the match.

Thought some bookings were a bit harsh but he did genuinely appear to be neutral.

Agree Lilley made a mug of him though and thought he ought to have been booked for it, but then he booked him for kicking the ball away later, and he wouldn't have done that if he had been on a yellow.

Killie were a very competent spoiling team today - harassed our players to extent that none of them settled, competed physically to make up for their general lack of skill and they were quite effective at time-wasting. A well-drilled though limited outfit.

ABSOLUTELY

Nucky Thompson
ABSOLUTELY
I'm not one for praising Scottish refs but this guy needs recognition:cool: Our refs are so pish and we only have one guy, Fecking sad:rolleyes:

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo

Cant believe this love-in over this total ar*ewipe Craig Thomson.

Does anyone remember the first 45 minutes in the match he "refereed" against Dundee United last season at Tynie?

General consensus on this board that it was the worst performance ever seen.

The man is a joke like ALL Scottish referees.

Nucky Thompson

Does anyone remember the first 45 minutes in the match he "refereed" against Dundee United last season at Tynie?

Can't remember mate:rolleyes: I'm only going by his performance today.

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo
Can't remember mate:rolleyes: I'm only going by his performance today.

Christ, Boo, it must be the drink...:(

He was bloody awful.

Nucky Thompson
Christ, Boo, it must be the drink...:(

He was bloody awful.

No way mate:)

did not and do not remember that mate :sad::sad:

do i get a pass for being drunk ;);)

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo
No way mate:)

Well mate, I am 40 tomorrow and my memory aint that bad!!

I am setting about bottle of Glenfiddich tonight as it is my last day of my 30's and after the sh*te I watched today I need it!!:o

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo
did not and do not remember that mate :sad::sad:

do i get a pass for being drunk ;);)

Typical Jambo with a memory problem!!:o

Typical Jambo with a memory problem!!:o

thats me ps happy birthday mate 8 days before mine and 2 days before my dad all the good ones are born in october

He's a clown, along with every other ref on the SFA books/(take), why were no Kilmarnock players booked after the winner when leaving the field of play, just how many fouls against Larry did they have to commit for the ref to realise that Kilmarnock are a cynical bunch of ^^^^S

thought the ref had a good game again ,brown and to a lesser extent jefferies spent all day moaning to the 4th official , but the judgement of a good ref in scotland is whether he stands up against the old firm.

I respect your opinion, however, I think that Thomson is an absolutely shocking referee, for the last 3 seasons we have had him fairly regularly and every time I try to give him the benefit of the doubt but he is true to form and is terrible. He is never far from controversy and i think he deliberately courts it on some occasions. Today he missed at least five handballs and was equally poor for both sides, if he is the future of scottish referreeing as some have stated in the past then i am seriously concerned.

I'm not one for praising Scottish refs but this guy needs recognition:cool: Our refs are so pish and we only have one guy, Fecking sad:rolleyes:

He is shocking, watch some junior football referees these guys put the spl refs to shame

I felt he was over fussy. I also felt that the stand side linesman had a 'mare and let him down badly. When I say the stand side linesman let him down, I can think of three instances where we got decisions because of him that we either were not going to get or shouldn't have got.

Thought he was murder yesterday tbh. Not to blame for the defeat, but still murder imo.

How many times did Kilmarnock get away with blatant handball in the game?

Seymour M Hersh

In m opinion he was poor. In no way responsible for the garbage we produced as a team though. Fernandez committed 3 book-able offences in a 10 minute spell in the 1st half and only got booked once. Bottled it and gave them the confidence to continue with the typical dirty JJ tactics at Tynie. Missed a load of clear hand balls, conned by Lillie to stop the game. Allowed them at least 5 or 6 fouls before producing a card but Mole gets booked with the 2nd one committed by Hearts. As I said in no way responsible for the loss but poor and terribly inconsistent.

Charlie-Brown

He was gash.

I totally agree with this assessment of Thomson's refereeing yesterday - he missed a lot of things or made non-decisions, he isn't / wasn't the worst ref in the league not by a long shot however I thought he was poor yesterday - not in anyway to blame for the result but he made some bad (non) decisions.

I'm also surprised Killie kept 11 men on the park - how many yellow cards did they end up getting?

He let Killie kick the Hearts team off the pitch for the majority of the game. He could have easily cut it out in the first half by warning the next to do so would be booked and the one after that would be booked too..

He didn't. By the time he was booking Killie players they were going into tackles that were reckless and dangerous. As a referee it is his responsibility to stop this- he did not.

The People's Chimp

I thought he was over officious and bottled the decision when he should have sent pascali off for what was a very dangerous tackle on larry.

He also got a few other things wrong. Certainly nowhere near as bad as mcdonald and his ilk, but perhaps someone who should learn to let games flow a bit more...and that it is, after all "a man's game."

Archived