Mikopeshlas GTF!!!!!!

Clerry Jambo

Cappuccino Kid
Winning??? Yeah ....I remember that!! August -October 2005. Unfortunately, when you have a megaolomniac Ruskie owner who sacks a manager, players and marketing guru, purely for stealing the limelight away from him!!! you are doomed to failure!

Rangers, Celtic and Newcastle have shown the way to remove managers and owners. Let's get away from this timid, Edinburgh attitude. Remove Romanov and start again....Saughton Enclosure, at the moment, is preferable to the current situation!

Interesting use of the word you from a relative new comer.

Now Newcastle there's an interesting tale. Fans of the barcodes have pressurised the board into sacking - Gullit, Dalglish, Robson & Allardyce et al. The last being sacked because he never played the Newcastle way, where have i heard that in Edinburgh.

Please feel free to start a Saughton Hearts and let's see how many follow.

I think that we all have to realise that there is no incentive for Romanov to sell..because at the moment we are useful to him for financial reasons that do not rely upon having a successful football team. That is the reality of the situation! Hopefully though, sometime soon the credit crunch will bite him and his bank where it really hurts!!

Malinga the Swinga

Seem to have got a little off track here, but anyway, I like Miko and if the rest of team, Stewart excepted, worked as hard as him, we would be better off.

[quote=Cappuccino Kid; a relative new comer.

Newcomer to what? A forum board?

Perhaps an experienced voice from someone who has followed Hearts through "thick and thin" for 31 years will benefit the board?!?!

Clerry Jambo
Seem to have got a little off track here, but anyway, I like Miko and if the rest of team, Stewart excepted, worked as hard as him, we would be better off.

you my friend deserve every minute of pesh you currently watch.

For fans like myself who have watched many bad sides down the years but always excepted players maybe short on ability but had committment will continue to deride the many imposters we have at the moment and who are ever increasingly embarrassing the famous maroon jersey.......um away for a Morgans and Coke:p

Malinga the Swinga
you my friend deserve every minute of pesh you currently watch.

For fans like myself who have watched many bad sides down the years but always excepted players maybe short on ability but had committment will continue to deride the many imposters we have at the moment and who are ever increasingly embarrassing the famous maroon jersey.......um away for a Morgans and Coke:p

Don't know how old you are, but I too have seen many dreadful teams over the last 40 odd years, and Miko comes nowhere close to being one of the worst players, nor one of the non triers I have seen. Yes, things aren't good just now, but that is life, unless you support the gruesome twosome in Scotland, times will be good and times will be bad.

Why have a winger who cannot beat a player or cross a ball? Genuine question.

Can't wait until Driver is fit.

Clerry Jambo
Don't know how old you are, but I too have seen many dreadful teams over the last 40 odd years, and Miko comes nowhere close to being one of the worst players, nor one of the non triers I have seen. Yes, things aren't good just now, but that is life, unless you support the gruesome twosome in Scotland, times will be good and times will be bad.

47 years of age and like all of us on here ( except prancer!:P ) live and breath Heart of Midlothian.

BUT the last 2 years for me have been ghastly - Heart and Soul of Edinburgh my backside - 1 man has slowly but surely destroyed a resurgent team from 2 seasons ago!

Why? he is the only one that can explain, back on topic Miko?, sorry couldnae trap a bag o cement, cannae beat a defender, cannae defend when required and cannae get to a byeline to cross a decent ball, now sorry what are wingers meant to do IF that is his position?

Tell you what lets try him at centre half to replace his countryman who is an absolute bombscare:rolleyes: next

Clerry Jambo

Oh Davie you are the man Sir, sense at last!

Things are not good just now for the simple reason that the 2005/2006 team has been systematically demolished. We have been left with overpaid dross with no heart whatsover, Michael Stewart excepted, no leadership and no genuine care for the club! I'm sorry to say it, but as a race, the Lithuanians will never ever dig us out a hole when the going gets tough.

I have to be honest and say, in 31 years following Hearts I can't think of anyone from a previous team with less "heart" than the present crop of players we have!

bigis semiauskas
47 years of age and like all of us on here ( except prancer!:P ) live and breath Heart of Midlothian.

BUT the last 2 years for me have been ghastly - Heart and Soul of Edinburgh my backside - 1 man has slowly but surely destroyed a resurgent team from 2 seasons ago!

Why? he is the only one that can explain, back on topic Miko?, sorry couldnae trap a bag o cement, cannae beat a defender, cannae defend when required and cannae get to a byeline to cross a decent ball, now sorry what are wingers meant to do IF that is his position?

Tell you what lets try him at centre half to replace his countryman who is an absolute bombscare:rolleyes: next

XAKLY, VMG

Cappuccino Kid
[quote=Cappuccino Kid; a relative new comer.

Newcomer to what? A forum board?

Perhaps an experienced voice from someone who has followed Hearts through "thick and thin" for 31 years will benefit the board?!?!

Glad to see you have quickly learned the ability to only quote the parts to suit your agenda. You fail to answer my other counterpoints to your arguement.

Nowt personal & may i welcome you to kickback on a ****ty day.

Clerry Jambo
Things are not good just now for the simple reason that the 2005/2006 team has been systematically demolished. We have been left with overpaid dross with no heart whatsover, Michael Stewart excepted, no leadership and no genuine care for the club! I'm sorry to say it, but as a race, the Lithuanians will never ever dig us out a hole when the going gets tough.

I have to be honest and say, in 31 years following Hearts I can't think of anyone from a previous team with less "heart" than the present crop of players we have!

:flagwave: Halleluyah!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Kello.......( Kicking was a nightmare )

Thompson( not going to cut it at this level )

wallace...( not going to cut it at this level )

zaliukas..( been better this season but rubbish today )

berra......( never a captain )

karipidis..( never a midfielder )

miko.......( not a left winger )

stewart....( rubbish today )

mole.......( not going to cut it at this level )

tullberg....( home debut so difficult to comment this early )

The only player to get pass marks today ( only because his goal) is larry, the rest of them (listed) where not at their best. Too many strange substitions are also being made.

My thoughts exactly.

Father Tiresias

I've asked that same question many times and I've never yet had an answer.

Clerry Jambo
I've asked that same question many times and I've never yet had an answer.

Because Chizzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzy the miko lovers don't have a reply that is worthy;)

Kingston is the only player to get pass marks from me. Stewart tried hard but had a nightmare. Time for Csaba to prove us wrong that playing a central defender in midfield rather than a midfielder will win games by playing a bleedin' midfielder :mad:. The passing from Ruben or Bruno would strengthen the team rather than weaken it - and it all collapses like a pack of cards and Miko gets blamed for it.

Don't forget that Hearts had success with Jeffries at the helm. We were a big strong team with a wee bit of skill and when we met a more technically gifted one we battered them off the park - sound familiar? How many cards did we get today? How many Hearts players were too busy playing header keepy uppy because they were scared their pins were going to whacked? That's not the way the team can play - it has to be fast flowing football. We are now facing teams happy to kick the crap out of us (still use some skill!), frustrate Mikey. We need the likes of Brellier, Hartley .... Pasquale Bruno :cool:;)

The Old Firm have technically good players but they can also handle themselves. They only get found out in Europe because technically they are pretty poor in comparison (just how bad are we then:o ).

Ach, I am just to peeeeed off to care anymore :sad:

Father Tiresias
Because Chizzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzy the miko lovers don't have a reply that is worthy;)

Not even one effort!! :wink:

portobellojambo1

With all due respect Andy working hard does not make you a good football player if you lack the most important quality, natural ability. (I am not talking about Mikoliunas specifically here, it is more a general comment).

People on here go on and on about Mole for example, about him constantly running about, doing a lot of hard work. what they seem to miss is the important fact, i.e. he is a relatively poor football player, and it is that aspect that shines through.

Miko was far from the worse player on the park today, the fact that wallace never supported him once and karapidis for playing more on the left side of the pitch never gave him one pass. He was poor but far from the worst.

Mole was shocking, Thomson is clearly not good enough and will get ripped to pieces by a mcgeady/ratface type player. berra is starting to look more average a player than zali and how karapidis gets near a starting place in midfield baffles me.

Today we lost because too many players never tried and the subs that got made were shocking decisions, we were crying out to take karapidis off yet we made like for like subs up front.

Thunderstruck
Not even one effort!! :wink:

Why, then is Miko a favourite with all but a few keyboard hard men on here?

He may not be the most gifted player in the world but he has won a lot of normal supporters over by his commitment to the team. As others have said above, if we had 11 on the park with his level of commitment we would the better for it.

He is constantly played out of position - he is a midfielder, not a "winger" - and with little or no support from the full back. If you had paid attention yesterday you would have seen a workeate only matched by Stewart.

But on you go, vent your wrath on an easy target like school bullies trying to look smart in front of their mates.

Miko has never ever taken the chance his extended time in the team has given him to prove he is a consistent asset to Hearts.

That much is simple.

4 years is long enough IMO and I am not really that certain what arguments could be made for him to kept on?

Mikoliunas (along with Kingston) had "one of those days" NOTHING came off for either player, funny that Kingston gets praise for effort yet Mikoliunas doesn't?

Dave, whilst I 100% agree with your assessment of wingers, have you ever seen Driver play?

Mikoliunas (along with Kingston) had "one of those days" NOTHING came off for either player, funny that Kingston gets praise for effort yet Mikoliunas doesn't?

Dave, whilst I 100% agree with your assessment of wingers, have you ever seen Driver play?

I know what you're saying but I feel Driver can cross the ball. Unfortunately his crossing consistency has to improve. I hope he stays behind to work on it.

Seymour M Hersh
unfair to single Miko out. he was far from the worst on display.

He was back to his worst though. And that's playing with a man short.

Father Tiresias
Why, then is Miko a favourite with all but a few keyboard hard men on here?

He may not be the most gifted player in the world but he has won a lot of normal supporters over by his commitment to the team. As others have said above, if we had 11 on the park with his level of commitment we would the better for it.

He is constantly played out of position - he is a midfielder, not a "winger" - and with little or no support from the full back. If you had paid attention yesterday you would have seen a workeate only matched by Stewart.

But on you go, vent your wrath on an easy target like school bullies trying to look smart in front of their mates.

Then why does the Hearts web-site describe him as A very quick, skilful and creative winger.... and he always plays wide???

I know dozens of Hearts fans and I don't know one, ok maybe one Tom, who rates the guy so it's not just a few keyboard hard men on JKB.

Miko was far from the worse player on the park today, .

This is a recurring comment throughout the thread, but have you ever stopped to think that the reason you might think this may be because he did SO LITTLE? you can't do that many things wrong if you don't actually get involved in the game!

Because the game was so dull in the first half yesterday I started looking at player's movements off the ball rather than following play and Miko instantly jumped out to me as a hider. He never wanted a pass, never made himself available, never marked up and tended to run away from the action rather than get into the thick of it.

And if you add these points to the previous posts about him not being a left winger, not being able to take men on and not being able to cross the ball, then I think you'll find there is a VERY strong case for him being singled out as a waste of space yesterday.

I have swayed to and fro on the Miko argument over the years, but yesterday finally convinced me that scoring the occasional spectacular goal from outside the box is not nearly enough to warrant him a regular place in our team, and if he was never to be seen a maroon jersey again I for one would NOT be disappointed.

I don't think either Driver or Miko's strengths are the old fashioned style wingers of getting to the byline and crossing. Miko especially is better suited at drifting inside and shooting.

For balance, we definitely need a fit Driver playing and I'd probably stick with Kingston ahead of Miko on the right but all 3 need the back up of good solid dependable full backs - which we don't have.

Father Tiresias
This is a recurring comment throughout the thread, but have you ever stopped to think that the reason you might think this may be because he did SO LITTLE? you can't do that many things wrong if you don't actually get involved in the game!

Because the game was so dull in the first half yesterday I started looking at player's movements off the ball rather than following play and Miko instantly jumped out to me as a hider. He never wanted a pass, never made himself available, never marked up and tended to run away from the action rather than get into the thick of it.

And if you add these points to the previous posts about him not being a left winger, not being able to take men on and not being able to cross the ball, then I think you'll find there is a VERY strong case for him being singled out as a waste of space yesterday.

I have swayed to and fro on the Miko argument over the years, but yesterday finally convinced me that scoring the occasional spectacular goal from outside the box is not nearly enough to warrant him a regular place in our team, and if he was never to be seen a maroon jersey again I for one would NOT be disappointed.

What a very, very good post!! :thumb:

really winds me up that miko can be one of our better performers for most of the season (and the tail end of last)... he has one bad game - and he was by no means the worst.... and suddenly its him being singled out from the stands again...

kingston on the other hand has been lazy, inneffective and generally p1sh all season - he has one game where he scores and is the best of a bad bunch and suddenly all is forgiven...

for me its kingston who symbolises whats wrong with this team and not the ''liths'' like miko... at least they seem like they genuinely want to be here...

it seems that a sizable chunk of our support will always need a hate figure it just annoys me that for so many its the easy targets like lithuanians and young laddies thrown in at the deep end like mole...

really winds me up that miko can be one of our better performers for most of the season (and the tail end of last)... he has one bad game - and he was by no means the worst.... and suddenly its him being singled out from the stands again...

kingston on the other hand has been lazy, inneffective and generally p1sh all season - he has one game where he scores and is the best of a bad bunch and suddenly all is forgiven...

for me its kingston who symbolises whats wrong with this team and not the ''liths'' like miko... at least they seem like they genuinely want to be here...

it seems that a sizable chunk of our support will always need a hate figure it just annoys me that for so many its the easy targets like lithuanians and young laddies thrown in at the deep end like mole...

Kingston was the enemy last week and this week it is Miko.

Thunderstruck
Then why does the Hearts web-site describe him as A very quick, skilful and creative winger.... and he always plays wide???

I know dozens of Hearts fans and I don't know one, ok maybe one Tom, who rates the guy so it's not just a few keyboard hard men on JKB.

My view is that this is a confusion of terminology. The continental game does not develop wingers in the traditional Scottish sense of the word you will find that overlapping full-backs are much more prominent in that role. In fact, the success under Burley was largely based on two good, overlapping fullbacks.

The term "winger" is now more appropriate to wide midfield players who are more attuned to cutting inside than getting to the corner flag or goal-line.

Miko is more effective in what traditionalists would call the "inside left/right" position than in true old-fashioned winger role.

His lack of popularity never, strangely, seems to manifest itself after a win. He has been MoM on regular basis over last nine months and he does have a genuine popularity with the majority of Jambos. So, yes, his main detractors are a****st the sad few people who seem to have no life beyond JKB.

Performances like last week and today will not be fixed by tactics, positional changes or confidence. Romanov has systematically destroyed our club! Every single employee who has proved successful, players or otherwise, has been removed! That alone is worrying! He has removed every single character or leader we have ever had!

Burley, Anderton, Foulkes, Brellier, Skacel, Pressley, Webster, Banks, Velicka, Tall, Gordon, Hartley, Glen. Surely they can't all be wrong can they??

Phil Anderton alone built the ST base - he was removed allegedly for failing to drive the new stand project quickly enough .....3 years ago!!!!

I think it's quite clear that Romanov is not interested in success at all. He failed to strengthen ahead of the Champions league qualifier, he sold Velicka while fighting for top 6 and he failed to even attempt to sign a striker this transfer window.

We have a board of 3 people, none of whom reside in the country, a manager who is slowly being exposed as a puppet and plummeting gates.

We have no Scottish or British identity whatsover and IMO the best thing that can happen is for Ukio Bankas to fold, allow us to start again, AT WHATEVER LEVEL, and get back to reclaiming our club!!

Well said that man!! The club is a complete shambles and Romanov will never be trusted nor respected again.The thing is though mate, too many people seem to accept that we'll just continue as we are just to survive?! I don't and something has to be done fairly soon to rid us of this plague that has promised us so much and failed to deliver.I'd rather go down with a fight instead of just accepting this freak comical roadshow!!

If anybody asks me about what we should do then my answer to that is simple.......... We as supporters have to get of our arses now and get a plan thought out before it's too late!

portobellojambo1

An excellent post. While I concur with many that he was not the worst on the park yesterday your comments above are very accurate.

Your last paragraph was echoed by two persons yesterday, who post on here regularly and have constantly defended Mikoliunas.

Thunderstruck

So, were you watching ALL movement off the ball or did you, as your use of the singular indicates, simply focus on Miko? If it was the former, your post would carry more weight if it contained similar critique of half-a-dozen others on the park yesterday. Your post is further devalued by the use of "instantly" which, to me sounds very much like a snap judgement or someone looking for an excuse to criticise.

Miko did not have a good game yesterday but that in no way justifies the vitriol he is being subjected to on here.

Stupid Sexy Flanders
Dont think he was the worst on the park.But your right ***** like miko are dragging us down.Him and his lith mates.Not caring what anybody says but we would all hate Miko if he wasnt hated by other clubs.Like a cult figure to many.gtf LITHS.

Idiot.

Clerry Jambo
So, were you watching ALL movement off the ball or did you, as your use of the singular indicates, simply focus on Miko? If it was the former, your post would carry more weight if it contained similar critique of half-a-dozen others on the park yesterday. Your post is further devalued by the use of "instantly" which, to me sounds very much like a snap judgement or someone looking for an excuse to criticise.

Miko did not have a good game yesterday but that in no way justifies the vitriol he is being subjected to on here.

Oh yes it does!!

Alistairs earlier post was spot on............

Thunderstruck
Oh yes it does!!

Alistairs earlier post was spot on............

I think we can accept that your agenda is very clear. However, I will be happy to be proved wrong if you can point me to a post of yours where you have credited Miko with a good performance.

Clerry Jambo
I think we can accept that your agenda is very clear. However, I will be happy to be proved wrong if you can point me to a post of yours where you have credited Miko with a good performance.

My memory aint that good!:P

OK we very much beg to differ re Miko - I will luv it if he scores the winner at Fester Road in a couple of weeks, but IMHO shouldn't be anywhere near the first eleven, especially for a Derby where you need players with at least a bit spirit and bottle!

Archived