I piled on the pounds to try and get OUT of Tynecastle

footieman

CHRISTIAN NADE admits Csaba Laszlo was RIGHT to brand him a fat student after he piled on weight in a bid to QUIT Hearts.

But now the Frenchman insists he is fighting fit and finally ready to show all his critics just what he is capable of in a maroon jersey.

Much was expected of the bustling striker when he moved to Tynecastle in a ?500,000 move from Sheffield United on the final day of the transfer window last year.

This, after all, was a player who had scored the winning goal for the Blades against Arsenal and his Jambos career started well enough with four goals in his opening nine games.

But as the season went on Nade, 24, lost both his form and focus as his role was reduced to that of late sub.

And when he left for his summer holidays last May the player basically decided there and then he didn?t want to return to Gorgie.

Nade eventually reported back for pre-season late and overweight. That led boss Laszlo to joke that he mistook the striker for a student at a training session ? and claimed the hitman was 17 stone!

Nade denies he was ever that heavy but admitted he did lose his discipline in an attempt to get the club to ditch him.

He said: ?I didn?t come back over 17 stone ? that would be impossible! I came back a few pounds overweight, that was all.

?But maybe there was a little part of me that WANTED to do this. Maybe I lost my focus.

?When I came here maybe it was a mistake for me to think it was a little bit easy to play in the SPL coming from the Premiership.

?I lost my concentration and I started to go down and down and it was hard to come back. Towards the end of the season I didn't play well and I wasn?t confident and it was really hard for me to come back to Hearts. So maybe I wanted to leave.

?I did a lot of things wrong to try and force my way out.

?But when I came back I spoke with the new manager.

?He told me it would be no good for me to leave the club in the situation I was in, having not played well last season.

?He told me if I played well this season and still wanted to go then I could leave with my head held high and if I ever came back to Hearts people would respect me.

?I agreed with what he said so I was happy to stay here and play for him.

?Now I want to show people I made a mistake. I want fans to recognise I am a good player and this is what I hope will happen.?

Lazlo?s jibe to the media made striker Nade the butt of jokes in the Jambos dressing room and that hurt the player ? especially because by that stage he had already worked hard to lose weight.

But he also revealed it made him even more determined to keep going ? and praised Laszlo for his part in his rehabilitation.

He said: ?When I saw what the manager had said I was a little bit upset ? but the rest of players just laughed about it!

?I think they wanted me to go crazy about it. They were winding me up asking me why he would say that, but I just said it was OK.

?I spoke with the manager about it for ten seconds and we both laughed it off.

?But it did make me more determined. I wanted to show what I can do and prove that what he thought about me when he first saw me was the wrong opinion.

?The coach has helped me. He has worked with me not only on the football side, but he has also talked with me. He has been very good.

?He comes to me and tells me they know what I can do with the quality I have and that I can be far better.

?The Hearts fans are also trying to push me. They are a little disappointed with me and that is normal.

?Now I am trying to win their confidence.

?It is hard sometimes to hear them say things about me and read things on websites because I know that is not me.

?But they sing my name when I am warming up that makes me feel better and I want to say thanks to them for everything.

?That?s why I need to work hard and I have been ? sometimes too hard! But it has been good and after a while you start to enjoy it. When you start back it is really hard. For example, during pre-season, before I went on to the pitch I would cycle for 40 minutes every day.

?But now I am OK and it is a pleasure for me to work hard now.?

Nade, who helped advertise tickets for Saturday?s home clash with Kilmarnock, now wants a starting place against Saturday and a goal after admitting he has forgotten what feels like to score.

He added: ?I want to start to play now, not as a sub but to start games.

?I know it is going to be hard and I have been out of the team for a long time so I need to keep working hard.

?When my day comes I need to show what I can do ? not just once but every time I play I must do my best.

?I will try to score quickly because I need to score. I want to feel how goalscorers feel, I need this and I hope I can score in our next game.

?I can?t remember the last goal I scored!

?I just remember one goal in my life, the goal against Arsenal for Sheffield United.

?But I know what I can do and I know I can make a difference for Hearts.

?I just want to do my best in every game and be one of the best strikers in this league. I know it is going to come soon.?

Guest juvehearts

Lets hope he has found his focus again & score bags loads of goals for us.

its the only way he will ever get accepted by the fans,

plus IMO he looks like he is wantig to repay us.

fingers crossed eh!

Nade has had a problem keeping his weight down all his professional career- what makes you think he will address that at Tynie.

Nade has had a problem keeping his weight down all his professional career- what makes you think he will address that at Tynie.

The fact that he already has addressed it and has lost the weight already?

Agreed he was a fat ******* when he first showed up and he will no doubt be the same when he leaves.Another waster who we will be waiting forever to come good.

Horatio Caine

I dunno. I mean he still looks overweight a bit and still doesn't seem to be able to last for more than about 45 minutes. However - we saw how good he can be against the Huns in the diddy cup match last season.

A repeat of that kind of form with a few goals thrown in would transform people's views.

I dunno. I mean he still looks overweight a bit and still doesn't seem to be able to last for more than about 45 minutes. However - we saw how good he can be against the Huns in the diddy cup match last season.

A repeat of that kind of form with a few goals thrown in would transform people's views.

Just looking interested for a whole game would be a start.To me he is just a huffy player if it aint going right for him after 5 mins it's as if he just gives up.

Nade should start every game for us... not only to help him focus on his game and win his confidence back but because he is the best we have at the club to lead the line and hold up the ball.

Csaba's continual selection of Mole up front on his own can be likened to the favouritism Frail showed Clum. Our best Frontline would be Nade and the youngster Glen until we know just what Tullberg has to offer.

Mole is alike Clum, he works hard and runs all game but ultimately there is no end product. But you can't expect much when he is up front on his own.

The best news for Hearts at the moment is the news that Clum is scoring regularly for Livi! It shows just what a young player can achieve when allowed to play football and be free from the petty 'you tube' jibes of his supposed fans.

If Clum keeps scoring... he'll be brought back to Tynecastle and it'll remain to be seen whether the fans can truly get behind him!

Nade, I guess you will be reading this, I think you are a class act and I also cannot wait to see you banging in the goals for us.

Hopefully the 1st of many will come on Saturday.

p.s I remember your goal up in aberdeen, it was magic!

"It is hard sometimes to hear them say things about me and read things on websites because I know that is not me.?

Christian, if you are reading this web site, please bear in mind that we are all full of ****!

Good luck to Nade, hope Csaba gives him a run of 5 or 6 games as a starter, and we give him a wee chance to settle, rather than getting on his back.

Good article. But once again many players - especially at Hearts - have came out in the media and talked the talk but failed to walk the walk.

Hopefully he starts on Saturday.

No he didn't, just another nothing story from the sun, this is the only relevant bit -

He said: “I didn’t come back over 17 stone — that would be impossible! I came back a few pounds overweight, that was all.

“But maybe there was a little part of me that wanted to do this. Maybe I lost my focus

Once again the sun twists peoples words to make a story

Have to say I respect his honesty. Too many football players just open their mouths and let their bellies rumble when fans can clearly see for themselves what the true problem is, or was. I like the fact he's just saying it like it is.

I'm probably more excited about the prospect of a fit Nade than I am about any of our other 'unknown quantities' - I reckon he'll be a great player for us once he's playing regularly.

The Comedian
Too many football players just open their mouths and let their bellies rumble

Oh dear! Unfortunate phrase that where Nade Is concerned.

I'm probably more excited about the prospect of a fit Nade than I am about any of our other 'unknown quantities'

you get excited when JamTartan turns up at games so it's not surprising you're excited about another fat boy (Nade). :jambobanana:

Nelly Terraces

I'll start backing him when he turns it on, on the pitch. :)

See a few of you have started licking his ringpiece already though, after he blurts a few words out to the media:rolleyes:. Easily bought mob.

Christian if you happen to read this. I work hard and earn a fraction of what you do. I spend some of it watching Hearts and find it hard to swallow when a player like you who is supposedly half decent can't get fit enough to dislodge Mole from the team, and he is terrible. Any chance you could turn the empty rhetoric into something a little more tangible. I doubt it as I think you're generally lazy and dissinterested. Go on big man prove me wrong, or perhaps don't bother and just have some more chips. The decision is yours.

Christian if you happen to read this. I work hard and earn a fraction of what you do. I spend some of it watching Hearts and find it hard to swallow when a player like you who is supposedly half decent can't get fit enough to dislodge Mole from the team, and he is terrible. Any chance you could turn the empty rhetoric into something a little more tangible. I doubt it as I think you're generally lazy and dissinterested. Go on big man prove me wrong, or perhaps don't bother and just have some more chips. The decision is yours.

Hit the nail on the head there. Words mean **** all if they're not backed up with effort.

Ray Winstone

Now we just need to get him a starting place and he can start to prove his worth.

Looked better than Mole or Audrey when he has come on so far this season.

Gavsy Van Gaverson

If Nade thinks he was only a "few pounds" overweight then I have to say I doubt we'll ever see him fully fit. He was about 3 stone overweight FFS.

He still looks about a stone overweight IMO, the fat ****er :P

At least he's trying though, and thats all that matters :rolleyes:

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

It's weird because he isn't actually 'FAT'.

He has the completely wrong body shape for football. Someone somwhere should be giving him advice on how to get leaner because he is the size of a fecking body builder at the moment!

I'd imagine he's one of these guys at the gym who don't bother with cardio and just dominate the ridiculously heavy weights.

Wage thief. He should hand back all the wages received in the months he's done nothing but try and eat and get out. Slap in the face to all fans who pay money and we are hardly rolling in it nowadays.

So he purposely got fat, played crap and didn't try!!!

That pr*ck should payback EVERY penny he stole from us during this time

So he purposely got fat, played crap and didn't try!!!

That pr*ck should payback EVERY penny he stole from us during this time

True!

He should also click the banner ad at the bottom of the page! Talk about spot on advertising!!

Extremely poor stuff from Nade. Yes he's trying hard now but he shouldn't bother if he was just happy to take the money last season.

What happens if Csaba doesn't pick him in the next few games? Is he just going to start piling on the pounds again so he gets ditched in the January window?

Frankly, for me, Nade's one of a small number of players who generates a bit of excitement whenever he's on the ball because he might just make things happen.

I'd have a lot of sympathy with any player whose "attitude" was less than ideal under our ridiculous management / team selection arrangements. Whether we like it or not, footballers are performance artists, they need to be treated well if you want to get the best out of them. It's not just about money. Lazslo might just know what he's doing and (jury's out) have the authority to do it.

There's more than Nade who have not fulfilled their true potential under Vlad. Let's not blame his victims.

I will accept an interview like this when he has bagged a few goals till then he would do best to keep his mouth shut, he is setting himself up for a fall.

J.T.F.Robertson
It's weird because he isn't actually 'FAT'.

He has the completely wrong body shape for football. Someone somwhere should be giving him advice on how to get leaner because he is the size of a fecking body builder at the moment!

I'd imagine he's one of these guys at the gym who don't bother with cardio and just dominate the ridiculously heavy weights.

He's similar in build to Yakubu and it hasn't done the Yak much harm.

Captain Lithuania

I feel sorry for him to be honest, after all the abuse he gets for being a tad overweight. Hes a tank, and he's a very well-built guy. Hope he realises he can use his so called 'fat' to his advantage.

Dagger Is Back

If he is logged on then read this Nade.

You are in a extremely priviledged position of not only playing professional football but also playing for OUR team and we'd all give anything to be in your position.

In recent months you've admitted to faiing to look after yourself physically whilst at the same time earning a good salary which we partly pay for and failed to conduct yourself professioanlly i.e. missing training/turning up late.

Some advice for you. Stop talking to ****ing newspapers and do your talking on the pitch. Get yourself into shape and stop ****ing about with your life and OUR patience.

You're a very lucky man - now stop behaving like some spoilt brat and take advantage of the cards that God has dealt you.

Mind this

Hard work without talent is a shame, but talent without hard work is a tragedy.

You are in a extremely priviledged position of not only playing professional football but also playing for OUR team and we'd all give anything to be in your position.

In recent months you've admitted to faiing to look after yourself physically whilst at the same time earning a good salary which we partly pay for and failed to conduct yourself professioanlly i.e. missing training/turning up late.

Some advice for you. Stop talking to ****ing newspapers and do your talking on the pitch. Get yourself into shape and stop ****ing about with your life and OUR patience.

You're a very lucky man - now stop behaving like some spoilt brat and take advantage of the cards that God has dealt you.

Mind this

Think that's a tad harsh, I'll agree there's not much point in talking to the papers without backing it up on the pitch but you can't deny he must have worked like a trojan to loose the weight he has done so he's proven that the dedication and hard work is there. He just needs to transfer it onto the pitch

Dagger Is Back
Think that's a tad harsh, I'll agree there's not much point in talking to the papers without backing it up on the pitch but you can't deny he must have worked like a trojan to loose the weight he has done so he's proven that the dedication and hard work is there. He just needs to transfer it onto the pitch

Maybe harsh - no doubt that he's worked hard to lose some pounds. No doubt also that so far he has short changed us and yes he does need to transfer it to the pitch (if he gets a chance).

I'm just fed up with these guys who are so lucky to get paid for playing the game but then **** it against the wind in one way or another. Senseless waste!

Maybe harsh - no doubt that he's worked hard to lose some pounds. No doubt also that so far he has short changed us and yes he does need to transfer it to the pitch (if he gets a chance).

I'm just fed up with these guys who are so lucky to get paid for playing the game but then **** it against the wind in one way or another. Senseless waste!

Agree with you totally but at least we're seeing the application and extra work he's putting in

FFS Juho Makela has been here over 2 1/2 years and his first touch is still murder, how hard is that to improve :mad:

come on big man its now time to start banging in the goals. i've no doubt once you start scoring finding the back of the net will become easy for you.

4 goals against the hibbys would do nicely!

Mind this

Hard to disagree with that but I doubt Csaba would get the best out of any player by taking such a line.

Dagger Is Back
Hard to disagree with that but I doubt Csaba would get the best out of any player by taking such a line.

Who knows? Players are just people after all and people respond to different styles of motivation. Who is to say that Csaba hasn't already said something along similar lines? Sounds to me as if Csaba has been very straight with him.

Nade should start every game for us... not only to help him focus on his game and win his confidence back but because he is the best we have at the club to lead the line and hold up the ball.

Csaba's continual selection of Mole up front on his own can be likened to the favouritism Frail showed Clum. Our best Frontline would be Nade and the youngster Glen until we know just what Tullberg has to offer.

Mole is alike Clum, he works hard and runs all game but ultimately there is no end product. But you can't expect much when he is up front on his own.

The best news for Hearts at the moment is the news that Clum is scoring regularly for Livi! It shows just what a young player can achieve when allowed to play football and be free from the petty 'you tube' jibes of his supposed fans.

If Clum keeps scoring... he'll be brought back to Tynecastle and it'll remain to be seen whether the fans can truly get behind him!

Correct. Our forwards get hung out to dry week in week out. Not many strikers can perform up front on their own with no service and a support eager to jump on their back at every mistake.

Gavsy Van Gaverson

Most players think the way to leave a club is by playing well and earning a move, or by actually asking for a move. Not Nade though, he decides to put weight on, get injured and generally be a lazy ****.

I'm suprised clubs weren't queueing up to sign him :rolleyes:

This latest news on Nade has been met with disappointment from businesses around east central Scotland.

A spokesman for McDonalds released this statement...

"Holy bejesus".

He then continued "omfg,wtf..."

The interview was cut short, as paramedics treated the spokesman for shock.

Archived