Best Player You Have Seen Live

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Torres

Different level to anybody else i've seen in the flesh. Watched him off the ball as well his movement was so good.

When did folk see Zidane.

I always wanted to see Zidane but never got round to it.

Gutted.

Ryan Gosling
Torres

Different level to anybody else i've seen in the flesh. Watched him off the ball as well his movement was so good.

When did folk see Zidane.

Champions League Final in 2002.

Guest juvehearts

Deco, ronaldinho, henry, messi, pires, craig gordon, hendrik larsson, gazza, paul merson.

loads of decent or world class players that i havent mentioned there

Willie Bauld, Jimmy Wardhaugh, Dave Mackay, John Cumming, Willie Hamilton, Ferensc (I think)Puskas, and Gordon Smith(the deceased one).

kurskis, petras, klimek, benny useless etc! thanks for the class players vlad

You are coming across as a child now.

Brian Laudrup, Gascoine and Di Canio for me.

Not going to count the Barca friendly.

Zidane for me. When I was inter-railing in 2001 I spent a few days in Madrid. I watched Real destroy Espanyol 5-1. Raul and that scouse lad both played, it was an awesome match.

Best player I've seen in Scotland is Larrson by a country mile. Followed by our own Craig Gordon, Gascoigne and Laudrop.

Why?

Why?

It was played at a friendly pace. The ability of the Barcalona players were there for all to see, joy to watch- just feel that to justify an inclusion on this it would need for me to have seen the players with a man right on them and not being affraid to mix it.

Some brilliant players, but I dont think you got the full picture because of the meaning of the game.

If that makes sense.

jambos are go!

Jim Baxter. A truly unique talent and the greatest left foot of them all. When he was in the mood any opposition was wasting their time.

Willie Bauld, Puskas, Di Stefano, Stanley Mathews, Jack Kelsey, Dave Mackay,

Eusabio, Jimmy Greaves, DenNis Law........too many greats to mention.

Never dissapointed with any of them. Loved Alex Young when I was a kid.

Zidane, Ronaldo (Brazillian, original Ronaldo), Ronaldinho, Luis Enrique and Raul.

Best individual performance was from Luis Enrique, the guy was immense.

Guest jambomickey

no child as the people who know me and the guys from jkb who i've met would confirm

Diego Maradona against Scotland at Hampden.

You used to be a Scotland supporter Therapist?

Did you ever wear a kilt? :P

You used to be a Scotland supporter Therapist?

Yes. I was until Jhock Stein came in and tried to make us play a European style passing game that we weren't equipped for. That was the death-knell for the Scottish international football team. Lack of success on the park meant kids lost interest which meant there was no new talent coming through. :mad: The advent of the diddies in the Tartan Army was a big turn off too.

Did you ever wear a kilt? :P

Kilts look smart on the right occasion. But never at a football match when its worn with a Scotland top/Jacobean shirt/ridiculous jacket/glengarry/Adidas Sambas/Timberland boots*. :o

* Delete as appropriate.

Ryan Gosling
Yes. I was until Jhock Stein came in and tried to make us play a European style passing game that we weren't equipped for. That was the death-knell for the Scottish international football team. Lack of success on the park meant kids lost interest which meant there was no new talent coming through. :mad: The advent of the diddies in the Tartan Army was a big turn off too.

Kilts look smart on the right occasion. But never at a football match when its worn with a Scotland top/Jacobean shirt/ridiculous jacket/glengarry/Adidas Sambas/Timberland boots*. :o

* Delete as appropriate.

And for Stein too...

saw Dave Mackay play for Hearts, Tottenham and Derby - an awesome player and the toughest tackler I've ever seen. However, for pure skill and bravado it would have to be Jim Baxter

I've seen many players that are certainly some of the top around but the best individual performance i've seen has to be from Damien Duff at Blackburn. He destroyed Arsenal.

He destroyed Arsenal.

I take it you've not been to many games then. :rolleyes:

With all due respect, the feat you mention is not difficult. Hull - hardly a world class team - managed it just last Saturday.

Ronaldhino for me.

Closely followed by No.29.

gazza/robbo/laudrup/john cummings/davie holt/robbie neilson/craig gordon/donald ford/davie clunie

portobellojambo1

Difficult to say really, I have seen Pele live, Maradona live, Beckenbauer live, George Best live (and young), Jim Baxter live, Johan Cruyff live etc. etc., bit spolied for choice really.

Each had something different, but if pushed I would have to say Diego Maradona

I saw Zidane v Scotland at Hampden when we got pumped 3 or 4 nil in a friendly, might have been Pressley's first cap.

Also went to a 1-1 Real Madrid v Barca game at the Bernabeu in about 2002 and saw him that day.

* Delete as appropriate.

I thought Jock Stein was meant to be a good manager. He seems to be held in high regard by most people.

I'm not a big fan of the tartan army though. They are relentlessly annoying and i can't be bothered with booing other countries national anthems and urinating in people's gardens etc

I'm a massive Scotland fan but not part of the tartan army.

Rudolf's Mate

I've also seen a few top player such as Laudrup and Gazza and been to a few international games but I think a couple of games Neil McCann played in were also jaw dropping..... Alan Johnston player a few also!

Franco Baresi and Bobby Charlton.

Saw Maradona play for a 'World XI' versus an England XI at Wembley but the game was a bit of a non-competitive farce and Diego Armando didn't really put himself out.

Guest Tynie Bubbles
Willie Bauld, Puskas, Di Stefano, Stanley Mathews, Jack Kelsey, Dave Mackay,

Eusabio, Jimmy Greaves, DenNis Law........too many greats to mention.

Never dissapointed with any of them. Loved Alex Young when I was a kid.

Jack Kelsey served me once when he managed the old Arsenal club shop, he was getting on a bit, but I'm not old enough to have seen him in action.

Johan Cruyff (see I'm quite old though), closely followed by Liam Brady and Marco van Basten. Hmm ... Johnny Giles and Stevie Fulton, what a pairing that would've been ;)

rudi must stay
Ronaldhino for me.

Closely followed by No.29.

same. That second goal he scored against us was incredible. A moment of genius from him

Archived