Alton Towers advice?

Ivan Drago

Right JKB, I need your help - Was thinking about going down to Alton Towers at some point in October and was wondering if anyone could give me any advice regarding getting there from Glasgow without a car?

It seems to be a complete nightmare getting there without a car to be honest, you can get a train to Stoke or Uttoxeter but its ridiculously expensive.

Does anyone know of any coach/travel companies that might be offering any deals at all? The only one i could find through google was one called Overland Travel but they didnt have any spaces.

Cheers in advance.

depends on how much you want to pay and if you want to stay overnight. we went down for the september weekend and flew with bmi baby from edinburgh to east midlands for ?45 return (they also fly from glasgow). from east midlands airport you can get a bus to nottingham or derby for ?5 return. If you stay in nottingham there is a bus that leaves nottingham bus station at 9am and gets you to alton towers for 10.30 and is ?9 return (service x52). Or you can get the 7.25am train from nottingham to derby and then to uttoxeter where a bus leaves at 9am taking you straight to the theme park for 9.30am. this works out about ?10 to ?15 per person.

if you stay in derby you can get the train from derby to Uttoxeter (leaves derby about 8.30am) and then a bus from uttoxeter to the theme park at 9am.

i have buy one get one free passes if you want them or you can try the booking hotline and quote netmums and you could get them for ?15pp.

hope this helps

depends on how much you want to pay and if you want to stay overnight. we went down for the september weekend and flew with bmi baby from edinburgh to east midlands for ?45 return (they also fly from glasgow). from east midlands airport you can get a bus to nottingham or derby for ?5 return. If you stay in nottingham there is a bus that leaves nottingham bus station at 9am and gets you to alton towers for 10.30 and is ?9 return (service x52). Or you can get the 7.25am train from nottingham to derby and then to uttoxeter where a bus leaves at 9am taking you straight to the theme park for 9.30am. this works out about ?10 to ?15 per person.

if you stay in derby you can get the train from derby to Uttoxeter (leaves derby about 8.30am) and then a bus from uttoxeter to the theme park at 9am.

i have buy one get one free passes if you want them or you can try the booking hotline and quote netmums and you could get them for ?15pp.

hope this helps

aye not half!! :thumb:

mite still be a bit over expensive but i think that would certainly work out cheaper than the train...

Jambof3tornado

hope this helps

this gets my vote as the most helpful thread ever on kickback,other than the one about warts and clinics and creams etc etc!!!:(

this gets my vote as the most helpful thread ever on kickback,other than the one about warts and clinics and creams etc etc!!!:(

Jambo Jack for JKB president!

marshallschunkychicken
i take it you can't embed youtube anymore???

mods/admin is this the case? and why!

I can't access the link cause I'm on my phone, but would it possibly have anything to do with age restricted content that youtube seem to have introduced? (which incidentally, really gets on my t**s).

I can't access the link cause I'm on my phone, but would it possibly have anything to do with age restricted content that youtube seem to have introduced? (which incidentally, really gets on my t**s).

its just any youtube mate

Archived