interference in team selection

Guest jambomickey

I fully agree that the two men who vlad trusts are still at the club and these are the two most influential guys in selecting our formation and team.

I liked Frail, unfortunately he did seem to always want to pick Clum when he wasnt performing - kind of like our other token home grown player who isn't performing up front as well!! Frail was also far too chummy with the players which to me was his downfall.

I know Frail wasnt perfect and I agree that a lot of his post match rhetoric started to get annoying (lets see how we all feel about Csaba's around January, of course), and his constant backing of Elliot didnt really help anyone.

I do get annoyed at the almost hatred shown towards him by a good chunk of people on here and I am concerned that so many fans fell for Vlad's obvious plot of making him the scapegoat for last season. Even though our results under him were considerably better than in the first half of the season.

And the reality currently is that we are not doing a huge amount better under Csaba than we were under Frail, at this time.

Is Kingston Lithuanian? :confused:

No re read my statement

I meant that it will either be liths in the team or Vlad picks

Ie Kingston this year much like goncalves last year.

Guest jambomickey
I will back up jambomickey here. He's no a hobo as I sat behind him on a supporters bus a few weeks ago for the Falkirk game. Although i can see jambomickey's point, i dont agree with it............ yet.

thank you bud! you're one of a few from jkb i've met, supported hearts home and away for 30 odd years through thick and thin

who believes there's still interference in team selection?

Mickey son, have you been living in a cave for 2 years?! As long as Vladimir Romanov owns our club there will be some sort of interference in team selection. You have 2 options:

1. Accept it and deal with it
  2. Find a squillion pounds to buy him out

No re read my statement

I meant that it will either be liths in the team or Vlad picks

Ie Kingston this year much like goncalves last year.

Sorry, I am still not really getting it.

Is this what you are trying to say:

If there aren't enough Lithuanians in the team then Vlad picks. So instead of picking Lithuanians, he picks Kingston.

If that is what you are trying to say then it doesn't make sense.

Guest jambomickey
Mickey son, have you been living in a cave for 2 years?! As long as Vladimir Romanov owns our club there will be some sort of interference in team selection. You have 2 options:

why should we accept and deal with the crap we've had to put up with? we've got to stand up for our history and traditions! under this regime we're turning into a circus

why should we accept and deal with the crap we've had to put up with? we've got to stand up for our history and traditions! under this regime we're turning into a circus

That should be past tense, we've turned into a circus already.

Sexton Hardcastle

This has probably been posted before but for this threads amusement here it goes..

In 2005, ŪBIG became a shareholder in the Scottish football club Heart of Midlothian (generally called Hearts) and has been actively participating in its management since that time.

From the Ubig website.

Guest jambomickey
That should be past tense, we've turned into a circus already.

well that's all the more reason to stand up to madfud

Buffalo Bill
I thought Walter Kidd was useless

How we could have done with him last season. :sad:

Buffalo Bill

This has probably been posted before but for this threads amusement here it goes..

In 2005, ŪBIG became a shareholder in the Scottish football club Heart of Midlothian (generally called Hearts) and has been actively participating in its management since that time.

From the Ubig website.

Management here means management of the club, not the team, surely.

Guest jambomickey
How we could have done with him last season. :sad:

Buffalo Bill

at least with walter kidd we were guaranteed 100% and we were also guaranteed it was the manager who picked him

Management here means management of the club, not the team, surely.

Absolutely, non-ones saying it doesn't happen but even they wouldn't be daft enough to openly admit it on a public website!

Option 3: not turn up and keep Hearts at arms length cos it's too painful to watch a great club being treated like this.

About 3000 have taken option 3 this season.

Absolutely, non-ones saying it doesn't happen but even they wouldn't be daft enough to openly admit it on a public website!

In my opinion I do not think they are admitting interfering in team selection on a public website.

What they are admitting to is they have been actively involved in the management of the club, not the team that takes to the pitch every week.

Sorry, I am still not really getting it.

Is this what you are trying to say:

If there aren't enough Lithuanians in the team then Vlad picks. So instead of picking Lithuanians, he picks Kingston.

If that is what you are trying to say then it doesn't make sense.

no I am saying liths or vlad picks

for example vlad sees kingston is a sellable asset. therefore Csaba is told to play him.

apart from kingston there is nobody else so he has the liths in the team his wee buddy's miko zal audrey

get it or not ?

I am sure I read somewhere that the german coach. I forget his name. said that vlad wanted a pick of a certain% of the team.

may be wrong but I reckon what csaba is getting as well.

So vlad picks kingston and a another usually Liths.

JamboRossi79
I said full autonomy - that to me includes transfers.

Well you could probably list the "fully autonomous" clubs in Europe on two hands then.

Well you could probably list the "fully autonomous" clubs in Europe on two hands then.

To me the best way to run things is look at the best there is, i.e. Man U, CL Champs and see what they do that we could - e.g. give the manager full autonomy overteam selection, Rodney told us our man has 60% at best. Or bury your head in the sand forget we still have the idiots who got us to 8th last year still in charge (Korocockup and Cheruselessov) and fly the Vlad flag like you love to do.

To me the best way to run things is look at the best there is, i.e. Man U, CL Champs and see what they do that we could - e.g. give the manager full autonomy overteam selection, Rodney told us our man has 60% at best. Or bury your head in the sand forget we still have the idiots who got us to 8th last year still in charge (Korocockup and Cheruselessov) and fly the Vlad flag like you love to do.

Manchester United seem to always be dragged out as an example of best practice in these discussions as if the approach to balancing sporting and business requirements of the richest club on earth can be seamlessly adopted by everybody else.

The ideal of managerial autonomy may be very worthy but the success enjoyed by Alex Ferguson is hardly the best way of supporting it.

There is nothing to suggest that Ferguson had any more or less autonomy than Ron Atkinson, Tommy Docherty or any of the other underachievers that had worked at Old Trafford since Busby and people forget that Ferguson took about 5 years to turn things round. As the 80s drew to a close "Fergie Out" was being proclaimed by the chants and banners of uniteds followers and it was probably only the 1990 FA cup final victory over Crystal Palace (1-0 in the replay after a 3-3 draw) that bought him enough time.

If Ferguson's subsequent achievements should teach us anything they should teach us that sometimes you need to be patient and that even the best management can't fix everything overnight.

Hopefully this is a lesson that Vlad has finally learnt and there are a few posters on here who could take note as well.

Just as an aside, this month, October, would traditionally mark the duration of service that a new incumbent's honeymoon period crashes to a halt.

So lets watch with interest

I know Frail wasnt perfect and I agree that a lot of his post match rhetoric started to get annoying (lets see how we all feel about Csaba's around January, of course), and his constant backing of Elliot didnt really help anyone.

I do get annoyed at the almost hatred shown towards him by a good chunk of people on here and I am concerned that so many fans fell for Vlad's obvious plot of making him the scapegoat for last season. Even though our results under him were considerably better than in the first half of the season.

And the reality currently is that we are not doing a huge amount better under Csaba than we were under Frail, at this time.

The scapegoating of Frail was already well underway long before Vlad decided to dispense with his services. During the run in to the split when it looked as if some good form might just pull us out of the hole we'd found ourselves in by new year he was already being castigated by many for his partial responsibiliy in getting us into that hole. After we missed the cut it was open season on Frail and through the close season there were inumerable attacks on here against Vlad for his apparent lack of interest in finding a replacement. It was not uncommon to read something along the lines of 'Vlad has no intention of replacing Frail and the supposed pursuit of McGhee is a charade to sell Season Tickets' usually accompanied by something along the lines of "I can't believe how gullible people are" or "Wake up and smell the coffee".

After his services were disposed of many of his critics seemed to revise their opinion of him and painted him as victim rather than villain.

The scapegoating of Frail was already well underway long before Vlad decided to dispense with his services. During the run in to the split when it looked as if some good form might just pull us out of the hole we'd found ourselves in by new year he was already being castigated by many for his partial responsibiliy in getting us into that hole. After we missed the cut it was open season on Frail and through the close season there were inumerable attacks on here against Vlad for his apparent lack of interest in finding a replacement. It was not uncommon to read something along the lines of 'Vlad has no intention of replacing Frail and the supposed pursuit of McGhee is a charade to sell Season Tickets' usually accompanied by something along the lines of "I can't believe how gullible people are" or "Wake up and smell the coffee".

After his services were disposed of many of his critics seemed to revise their opinion of him and painted him as victim rather than villain.

Its funny because I am not really sure why Frail stayed for as long as he did, particularly close season.

I guess there was the line fed in January that he would be kept on to work along side the new manager, but I still find it strange. Particularly given that the Vlad has no real honour and his word clearly cannot be trusted. "Mortgage bills" is one thing, but I think he would always have found work.

I thought Frail did an excellent job in the second half of an awful season. Having had to be the public face for our 4th worst start in history and our worst run of defeats in 3 decades before January he was the only English speaking person at the club that had communicated with the fans over around a 6 or 9 month period

The set up for Frail as scapegoat on Jan 1st was astoundingly obvious, but to be fair to him he changed things around, and I actually believe he did have full control of team selection until around the time that Velicka was flogged.

First our goals dried up, then little bits of Vlad changes came in, then - and I guess you cant really blame the players - we ended the season like a deflated balloon

My only criticism of Frail was that latterly he played the scapegoat role a little too well, he allowed himself to be used to the completion of Vlad's plans for him

Which culminated in Vlad blaiming Frail for nearly getting Hearts relegated.

Now what ever your thoughts on Vlad are that is an astonishing statement

no I am saying liths or vlad picks

for example vlad sees kingston is a sellable asset. therefore Csaba is told to play him.

apart from kingston there is nobody else so he has the liths in the team his wee buddy's miko zal audrey

get it or not ?

I am sure I read somewhere that the german coach. I forget his name. said that vlad wanted a pick of a certain% of the team.

may be wrong but I reckon what csaba is getting as well.

So vlad picks kingston and a another usually Liths.

Sorry, didn't realise that when you said 'Vlad picks' that you meant non-Lithuanians that Vlad wants to play.

I thought you meant that either so many Lithuanians play or Vlad takes responsibility for picking the team.

Still disagree with you though :)

I definitely think that Vlad has a say in the picking of the team, either directly or through korabotchup or another "trusted" employee.

One of the main reasons I think this is that one one of the managers approached over the summer said that Vlad wanted to have a say in the team and continue to bring in players via the pyramid system. This suggests to me that he has hired a manager willing to work with this interference especially since we really seemed to struggle to get anyone who would take the job (which had he relinqueshed his idea of wanting a say, i do not think would have been the case). Couple this with the fact that the team formation and approach has not really changed since the end of last season suggests that things are more or less the same.

The only thing I really find surprising is, that with his past record of interference into the team and the past history of his treatment of managers, that so many people don't think he'll continue with this interference. There is really nothing he has done to suggest anything would change yet part of the "Accepting Csaba and giving him a chance" idea is that we should forget all that has gone before and believe everything again. I think giving Csaba a chance is fair enough, certainly his man-management skills and press skills appear to be admirable but we should certainly not forget that Vlad interference is a very likely probability and not pretend that everything has changed when it may not have done.

Its funny because I am not really sure why Frail stayed for as long as he did, particularly close season.

I guess there was the line fed in January that he would be kept on to work along side the new manager, but I still find it strange. Particularly given that the Vlad has no real honour and his word clearly cannot be trusted. "Mortgage bills" is one thing, but I think he would always have found work.

I thought Frail did an excellent job in the second half of an awful season. Having had to be the public face for our 4th worst start in history and our worst run of defeats in 3 decades before January he was the only English speaking person at the club that had communicated with the fans over around a 6 or 9 month period

The set up for Frail as scapegoat on Jan 1st was astoundingly obvious, but to be fair to him he changed things around, and I actually believe he did have full control of team selection until around the time that Velicka was flogged.

First our goals dried up, then little bits of Vlad changes came in, then - and I guess you cant really blame the players - we ended the season like a deflated balloon

My only criticism of Frail was that latterly he played the scapegoat role a little too well, he allowed himself to be used to the completion of Vlad's plans for him

Which culminated in Vlad blaiming Frail for nearly getting Hearts relegated.

Now what ever your thoughts on Vlad are that is an astonishing statement

It was indeed "astoundingly obvious" at new year that the general intention was to get rid of Frail at the end of the season. His appointment was explitly descibed as "Temporary" at the time although as I pointed out this was greeted with disbelief by many who assumed that if Vlad said temporary it meant he was here permanently.

As for "Vlad blaming Hearts Frail for nearly getting Hearts relegated" I can't remember any such statement and I've just done a couple of google searches that would probably have brought it up.

If there was such a statement then it would be astonishing given that the Gretna situation meant that nobody else could have come vaguely close to getting relegated.

Guest jambomickey
It was indeed "astoundingly obvious" at new year that the general intention was to get rid of Frail at the end of the season. His appointment was explitly descibed as "Temporary" at the time although as I pointed out this was greeted with disbelief by many who assumed that if Vlad said temporary it meant he was here permanently.

As for "Vlad blaming Hearts Frail for nearly getting Hearts relegated" I can't remember any such statement and I've just done a couple of google searches that would probably have brought it up.

If there was such a statement then it would be astonishing given that the Gretna situation meant that nobody else could have come vaguely close to getting relegated.

he 100% said frail just about got us relegated

'Even in the beginning of the year, the team was managed by local people. It was fully their responsibility, nobody interfered with them.

'You knew who was in charge of the team, Stephen Frail, so in the end that did not bring good results.

'They lost a lot of places in the table, nearly falling down to the lower league.'

This is a quote from Romanov at the time he emptied Frail. It was in the Scotsman.

Astounding isnt it?? Astonishing too?

Particularly given that Frail improved our league position from the lowly place Cervenkov took us to (obviously Cervenkov is still with us, we are blessed, as is the Ringmaster I'matoly)

Our website also confirmed that Frail would be kept on to work with the new manager. So his appointment as head coach was temporary but his status at the club was not.

Yeez are a joke, and you's aww know it, the manager picks the team nae one else, unless yer hearts, A hope Romanov stays wae you's for a while cause you's are only gawny go downhill, worst team in scotland by a country mile, i'd be embarrassed to be a jambo haha, bring on the Jambosss!!

'Even in the beginning of the year, the team was managed by local people. It was fully their responsibility, nobody interfered with them.

'You knew who was in charge of the team, Stephen Frail, so in the end that did not bring good results.

'They lost a lot of places in the table, nearly falling down to the lower league.'

This is a quote from Romanov at the time he emptied Frail. It was in the Scotsman.

Astounding isnt it?? Astonishing too?

Particularly given that Frail improved our league position from the lowly place Cervenkov took us to (obviously Cervenkov is still with us, we are blessed, as is the Ringmaster I'matoly)

Our website also confirmed that Frail would be kept on to work with the new manager. So his appointment as head coach was temporary but his status at the club was not.

I must have missed that soundbite. I stand corrected. Well done have a banana.

However, I still maintain that he was being scapegoated by supporters long before that.

HMFCjamieHMFC
Yeez are a joke, and you's aww know it, the manager picks the team nae one else, unless yer hearts, A hope Romanov stays wae you's for a while cause you's are only gawny go downhill, worst team in scotland by a country mile, i'd be embarrassed to be a jambo haha, bring on the Jambosss!!

Rangers 7 19

Celtic 7 16

Hearts 7 12

Inverness CT 7 10

Kilmarnock 7 10

Hibernian 7 10

Hamilton 7 9

Dundee Utd 7 8

Falkirk 7 7

Motherwell 7 7

Aberdeen 7 7

St Mirren 7 5

so much for us being the worst team in scotland

Nucky Thompson
What a typical Hobo ******:107years: You've no won the only major cup in Scotland for 107 years:107years: That's what I call a fecking joke team:cheese: You never turned up for the biggest derby in 100 years, now that was fecking embarrassing:o

Rangers 7 19

Celtic 7 16

Hearts 7 12

Inverness CT 7 10

Kilmarnock 7 10

Hibernian 7 10

Hamilton 7 9

Dundee Utd 7 8

Falkirk 7 7

Motherwell 7 7

Aberdeen 7 7

St Mirren 7 5

so much for us being the worst team in scotland

Yeez are there the now, but for how long?

No long and fine yeez ken it:eek:

Charlie-Brown
Yeez are there the now, but for how long?

No long and fine yeez ken it:eek:

same for the heinz-beans who are sinking fast.........

I must have missed that soundbite. I stand corrected. Well done have a banana.

However, I still maintain that he was being scapegoated by supporters long before that.

No point in being snidey. All I do is present my opinion based on my own instinct and emotions and what facts I can garner, sprinkled with my interpretation of the more circumstantial stuff. I dont expect everyone to agree, and I am not trying to point score you.

And you can try and undermine the "soundbite" with such a reference but it is from the horses mouth and you can only presume that Romanov either meant it or was simply smearing Frail to justify his departure.

Either way it was a ludicrous statement upon which to justify emptying a guy that 1. had been the only voice from the club for over a year, and 2. had actually prevented a complete meltdown at the club in January.

And, yes, fans were scapegoating Frail before this quote

And that is precisely my point.

Romanov set Frail up to be the fall guy on Jan 1st, bought himself time with a statement the fans wanted to hear but that it doesnt really appear he particuarly wanted to fulfil, and a lot of the fans fell for the set up and thundered in to make Frail the scapegoat - thus keeping an element of the heat off Vlad.

This despite Vlad selling our only striker from under him and apparently demanding that certain players be "showcased" in the closing games

Frail was not the guy to take Hearts forward on the pitch, but Romanov must wet himself that so many fans fell for the little trap he set up. He probably cant believe he can still play so many like a fiddle....

Manchester United seem to always be dragged out as an example of best practice in these discussions as if the approach to balancing sporting and business requirements of the richest club on earth can be seamlessly adopted by everybody else.

The ideal of managerial autonomy may be very worthy but the success enjoyed by Alex Ferguson is hardly the best way of supporting it.

There is nothing to suggest that Ferguson had any more or less autonomy than Ron Atkinson, Tommy Docherty or any of the other underachievers that had worked at Old Trafford since Busby and people forget that Ferguson took about 5 years to turn things round. As the 80s drew to a close "Fergie Out" was being proclaimed by the chants and banners of uniteds followers and it was probably only the 1990 FA cup final victory over Crystal Palace (1-0 in the replay after a 3-3 draw) that bought him enough time.

If Ferguson's subsequent achievements should teach us anything they should teach us that sometimes you need to be patient and that even the best management can't fix everything overnight.

Hopefully this is a lesson that Vlad has finally learnt and there are a few posters on here who could take note as well.

You chooseto ignore my point, Fergie doesn't have any interference in team affairs, if he did at a club that size it would be public knowledge. So my point stands - the team that are the best in Europe allow their manager to manage, our garbage that run Hearts are all over team affairs like a rash and allow the two biggest idiots in world football to contribute to team affairs namely korbochcockup and chervenkuselessov. Stop defending the running of our club it does you no favours

Well stop posting p!sh threads every single day then you might not get called a Hobo.

You are obssessed with Vlad, quite sad no ?

You should be obsessed with the little turd too.

I hope the current financial crisis brings his whole empire crashing down around his little rat ears and he ends up destitute....with piles.

Vlad oot!

cobbyshambles

does it really matter anymore?its hardly the shock revelation anymore.as far as im concerned if romanov was really bothered by the team he'd turn up and actually watch the players.

You chooseto ignore my point, Fergie doesn't have any interference in team affairs, if he did at a club that size it would be public knowledge. So my point stands - the team that are the best in Europe allow their manager to manage, our garbage that run Hearts are all over team affairs like a rash and allow the two biggest idiots in world football to contribute to team affairs namely korbochcockup and chervenkuselessov. Stop defending the running of our club it does you no favours

With hindsight I should have typed "The ideal of managerial autonomy is very worthy" instead of "The ideal of managerial autonomy may be very worthy".

It wasn't so much your conclusions as your reasoning that I was critiquing.

Chelsea under the archetypical chairmans pet whose side were only second best in the world by the narrowest of narrow margins. Had John Terry's penalty gone in then nobody would have accepted it as proving the case for meddling owners.

There is indeed a lot to be said for concentrating authority in one man but Ferguson's success doesn't prove its superiority any more than Thierry Henry's Arsenal career demonstrates that 4-5-1 is the ideal formation.

While I would generally share your condemnation of Korobotchka's tenure as Sporting Director it would appear that where we differ is that prinipally I object to his failure in carrying out the role while you seem to take umbrage at the existence of the role in the first place.

chester copperpot
hobo? get a grip of yourself i never miss a hearts game and there was a few on here when i first joined who thought i was a hobo because i'm anti madman, they all know now who and what i am and you can aswell if you make yourself known

I've met you, and you're defo a :hobofish:

;)

Guest jambomickey
I've met you, and you're defo a :hobofish:

;)

hey didn't you pull that green rag over your head in your youth mate?:):hobofish:

With hindsight I should have typed "The ideal of managerial autonomy is very worthy" instead of "The ideal of managerial autonomy may be very worthy".

It wasn't so much your conclusions as your reasoning that I was critiquing.

Chelsea under the archetypical chairmans pet whose side were only second best in the world by the narrowest of narrow margins. Had John Terry's penalty gone in then nobody would have accepted it as proving the case for meddling owners.

There is indeed a lot to be said for concentrating authority in one man but Ferguson's success doesn't prove its superiority any more than Thierry Henry's Arsenal career demonstrates that 4-5-1 is the ideal formation.

While I would generally share your condemnation of Korobotchka's tenure as Sporting Director it would appear that where we differ is that prinipally I object to his failure in carrying out the role while you seem to take umbrage at the existence of the role in the first place.

OK on a local Scottish level then, teams like Rangers no sports director, Celtic no sports dirctor, Hibs no sports director, Dundee Utd the manager is also the sports director, I think only Inverness have one. So if you look at the last complete season i.e. where we finished 8th no other club that finished above us ran their affairs like we do. That is proof beyond any doubt that we run our affairs badly. If celtic and rangers dont need a sports director when they are far bigger than us then neither do we. Also what other club sacks the head coach who too kus to 11th then brings him back just a few months later, what other club gets rid of four players then brings them back just days later, I could go on but now you'll see how badly we are run or at least i hope you now see it

Guest jambomickey
OK on a local Scottish level then, teams like Rangers no sports director, Celtic no sports dirctor, Hibs no sports director, Dundee Utd the manager is also the sports director, I think only Inverness have one. So if you look at the last complete season i.e. where we finished 8th no other club that finished above us ran their affairs like we do. That is proof beyond any doubt that we run our affairs badly. If celtic and rangers dont need a sports director when they are far bigger than us then neither do we. Also what other club sacks the head coach who too kus to 11th then brings him back just a few months later, what other club gets rid of four players then brings them back just days later, I could go on but now you'll see how badly we are run or at least i hope you now see it

couldn't have put it better myself

Archived