Paying off youngsters

Rawrrrrrrr

Havent seen this mentioned but hearts paid off 3 youths ( minimum) before the window closed

These where the 5 year crew who have done nothing, the ones I know of are Doherty (who signed for linfield), Lithgow and Pelosi

A few others maybe went too

Funnily enough they didnt document this

Anyone know if anyone else went?

Havent seen this mentioned but hearts paid off 3 youths ( minimum) before the window closed

These where the 5 year crew who have done nothing, the ones I know of are Doherty (who signed for linfield), Lithgow and Pelosi

pelosi wasnt that good.didnt know about lithgow and a lot of competition for doherty so he wasnt going to make it. i'm not too bothered about letting them go but if we let go of mcgowan, kostadinov, copil, park, husband, r wallace i will be concerned as they might make it in the future unlike the 3 mentioned.

What an irrelevant post. There are always guys who don't make it. So what?

Well the difference is most clubs dont have lots of them in their late teens/early 20's on 5 year deals that they are having to pay up

Most youths are lost through natural wastage around 17-19 as opposed to actually being paid off as per our lot have

I think you will find that we have had as many of the duds on loan as possible. Also don't remember any of these guys being on lengthy deals. All for longer deals with the better ones as I am sure we all are. Can you shift your attack to something sensible?

jamboinglasgow

to be honest at least we have got rid of some of the players that have been clogging up hearts reserve and youth teams. Yes it was terrible we got in that posistion but having less below average players in the team the better.

I think you will find that we have had as many of the duds on loan as possible. Also don't remember any of these guys being on lengthy deals. All for longer deals with the better ones as I am sure we all are. Can you shift your attack to something sensible?

Pelosi and Doherty where both on 5 year deals - with 3 to run - with their wages rumoured to be ?500-?1k a week

Now thats a contract worth approx 75k each minimum now say we paid them off with even 50% thats still the best part of 100k gone not to mention any others who went too that I havent heard about

And yes whilst long term deals can be good we are clearly not doing them properly, Mole, Elliot , Wallace ,and Mackle all have them too and since then they seem to be going down the Simmons road

If this was a few 18yr olds leaving at the end of a deal like mearns then no problem but we are incurring significant wage bills and pay offs for players who are never going to make it and almost certainly never where when the deals where dished out and its a serious concern

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

You would probably have started a thread moaning that they were still here if we had not released them.

You would probably have started a thread moaning that they were still here if we had not released them.

Your probably right because vlad has ****ed hundreds of thousands of the clubs cash down the drain over the last few years on crap like pelosi, doherty, lithgow, armstongs, mclaughlin etc who 99% of people could see where never making it

alwaysthereinspirit

I see your name next to a post and cringe.

Is that wrong for me just to assume it's a negative posting.

Its old news Prancer with a poor negative spin by yourself.

Is it

Cant say I saw it announced or discussed anywhere else

I think its actually news the club would prefer no one knew about :rolleyes:

Like it or not Prancer has a point -- we have wasted money over the last couple of years on handing out long term deals to youngsters -- however had any of those youngsters come through to the first team this would have been seen by most on this board as a great piece of business.

It boils down to opinion and sometimes the staff will get it right and sometimes wrong -- I do not think that many on this board are qualified coaches and see these players every day so that an informed decision can be made.

But it is correct to say that someone in our esteemed back room staff has made a mistake in the length of deals given -- financially though none of them were being paid near ?1000 per week.

Youth systems are a gamble but it only takes one to develop for it to pay for itself.

The Colonel already posted about 2 weeks ago that some youngsters had agreed 30 weeks wages up-front as a pay off although he didn't name which ones had gone.

The Colonel already posted about 2 weeks ago that some youngsters had agreed 30 weeks wages up-front as a pay off although he didn't name which ones had gone.

Has he actually left us then?

Yes, he was on the bench for raith as a trialist 2 weekends ago

Wouldnt be possible if he was registered to us

As I heard it he and a lot of others where offered terminations just before the window closed, apparently he, Lithgow and Doherty took them, not sure who else was offered them and who took them

Maybe someone like NMH or one of the information experts could confirm

Yes, he was on the bench for raith as a trialist 2 weekends ago

Wouldnt be possible if he was registered to us

As I heard it he and a lot of others where offered terminations just before the window closed, apparently he, Lithgow and Doherty took them, not sure who else was offered them and who took them

Maybe someone like NMH or one of the information experts could confirm

Cheers

Like it or not Prancer has a point -- we have wasted money over the last couple of years on handing out long term deals to youngsters -- however had any of those youngsters come through to the first team this would have been seen by most on this board as a great piece of business.

It boils down to opinion and sometimes the staff will get it right and sometimes wrong -- I do not think that many on this board are qualified coaches and see these players every day so that an informed decision can be made.

But it is correct to say that someone in our esteemed back room staff has made a mistake in the length of deals given -- financially though none of them were being paid near ?1000 per week.

Youth systems are a gamble but it only takes one to develop for it to pay for itself.

The mistake was the deals were a straight 5 years most of the new batch who have stepped up from the under 17's have been offered 3 yr deals with the option of another 2 yrs which at least set's them a target.

I would also say that the batch coming through are rated by the coaching staff as the most promising the club has had.

Is it

Cant say I saw it announced or discussed anywhere else

I think its actually news the club would prefer no one knew about :rolleyes:

are you aware that wham have split? :tumbleweed:

are you aware that wham have split? :tumbleweed:

Ok then

Please supply a link to when this was previously discussed or announced

think the players concerned were on ?500 per week and were paid a lump sum to leave. other players were offered the same but refused to go.

think the players concerned were on ?500 per week and were paid a lump sum to leave. other players were offered the same but refused to go.

any names?

Archived