Reserves VS Falkirk

widsy1

I'm off work tomorrow and noticed the reserves are playing Falkirk away and was thinking I might head along. Anyone know where they play their reserve games? Will it be Stirling Uni??

Couldn't see anything on either Falkirk or Hearts websites.

Cheers in advance.

prestonfield, linlithgow. ?5 to get in!!! Robbing ****s!! 1pm KO

Falkirk Futures vs Hearts Reserves!!!:rolleyes:

Last time at least it was in the relative comfort (in comparison) to the main stand of the falkirk stadium

Have to say its normally an interesting game as the falkirk academy has some very good prospects and Latapy normally plays too

Jambof3tornado
Last time at least it was in the relative comfort (in comparison) to the main stand of the falkirk stadium

Have to say its normally an interesting game as the falkirk academy has some very good prospects and Latapy normally plays too

Latapy is coaching them now,dont think you will see him playing,but you never know.

Usually not a bad game though. Costly for a reserve game though.

If you get a train to Linlithgow, is this place walkable??

Yeah, 15/20mins. Walk down the hill from the station to the main road, turn left & follow the main road. After the shops etc you end up going left under the railway bridge & it's along to the right.

prestonfield, linlithgow. ?5 to get in!!! Robbing ****s!! 1pm KO

Falkirk Futures vs Hearts Reserves!!!:rolleyes:

That's pricey for a reserve game, considering most other clubs don't charge.

Captain Lithuania
That's pricey for a reserve game, considering most other clubs don't charge.

Neither do Hearts if you have a platinum season ticket like myself :rolleyes:

Jambof3tornado
Neither do Hearts if you have a platinum season ticket like myself :rolleyes:

Hahha I dont think one needs to have oneself a platinum ticket to walk through the open door at forthbank on reserve days!!:P

Does a platinum S/T mean you get someone to blow on your pie for you at halftime???;)

Bruno scored a screamer, apparently.

Hope he comes off at half time so he can be ready to start instead of larry on saturday!!

bruno,bruno,bruno!!!:)

My source said me that Bruno csors fantastic goal from 25 meters, after exellent combination in centre on the field.

Hope he comes off at half time so he can be ready to start instead of larry on saturday!!

bruno,bruno,bruno!!!:)

I have missed that.

Bruno, Bruno, Bruno!!!

Great news.

The way that Csaba is trying to get us playing - direct on the deck through midfield - suits Bruno perfectly. If he recaptures his form it will be like a new signing.

And we all know he can chip in with a goal or two, as this has proved.

I caught the last 35 mins of the game today. It was the 2nd time i have watched the reserves play (1st v Lithgae Rose in a testimonial 2 years ago) and i was very dissapointed with what i saw. Rapnik and who ever the number 18 was looked decent players and actually looked like they wanted to be there the rest looked disinterested. Bruno played some nice balls but seemed to want to spend most of his time moaning at the ref.

Both teams looked poor but Falkirk at least looked like they wanted to play football. Hearts sat back very deep and pumped high balls in the vague direction of Makela, who is never a footballer.

I was surprised to see Thompson playing after the talk in the papers of him playing on sat.

I will try and get the team list off my jurno mate.

I watched the full 90 minutes,

Hearts were by far the better team first half, Bruno controlled the centre of the park for the first 30 minutes and scored a great goal into the top corner from 25 yards after a good move down the left involving Mackle and the left back Park. Tullberg was lucky not to get a straight red after kicking out at falkirks centre half when they both tussled after going up for a header. The ref saw it but gave a yellow.

Tullberg should have scored just before half time after another good run from Mackle ended with Stewart cutting the ball back to Tullberg but he blazed over from 12 yards.

Tullberg was replaced by Mclaughlin at half time.

2nd half Falkirk controlled the game with Cregg and Robertson sitting in the middle and picking passes, hearts sat very deep but never really looked in trouble with Rapnick and particularly Baltoni looking very comfortable at centre halfs. Bruno seemed to tire a bit and i was surprised he wasnt subbed as he dropped out the game, good for him to get 90 mins though. The falkirk equaliser came from an attack down their left also which is where all their danger came from. Hearts seemed pretty week on the right with Devine and Kostadinov failing to do much either defensivley or in an attacking sense. The cross into the box caused some confusion and bounced in for an OG from Park, bit unlucky but should have been cut out.

Hearts looked more likely in the last 5 minutes with Makela having a few half chances and should have done much better. I was again unimpressed by Makela.

Overall 1-1 was fair although Hearts possesed better quality in the team. The sooner we can get Bruno match fit and in the 1st team the better, was very impressive first half.

I was also there, but Hearts and Bruno in particular played very well in the 1st half. We werent as good when we took Tullberg off at half time although he did miss a sitter.

Bruno was the best man on the park in the 1st half by a mile, he defo tired in the 2nd half, but ingeneral we were pretty poor in the 2nd. Branny played ok, Makela played like he always does, like a diddy. One of the worst players I have ever seen in a Hearts jersey.

It wasn't Jason Thomson playing at right back, but a young lad called Ali Devine so Thomson is being kept for Saturday. It was my first look at Tullberg and I was slightly disappointed on the whole with him although he does look mobile.

There aren't many players from the reserves who can be expected to make the step up to the first team anytime soon.

The team was if I remember correctly

Balogh

Balatoni

Rapnik

Divine (C.Thomson 70ish)

Park

Aguiar

J. Stewart

Kostadinov

Mackle

Makela

Tullberg (McLaughlin half time)

Tullberg was lucky not to get a straight red after kicking out at falkirks centre half when they both tussled after going up for a header. The ref saw it but gave a yellow.

Tullberg should have scored just before half time after another good run from Mackle ended with Stewart cutting the ball back to Tullberg but he blazed over from 12 yards.

Tullberg was replaced by Mclaughlin at half time.

Did the saviour of Csaba's preferred formation :rolleyes: show anything positive

As an aside why are the reserves playing with 2 strikers?

I was also there, but Hearts and Bruno in particular played very well in the 1st half. We werent as good when we took Tullberg off at half time although he did miss a sitter.

Bruno was the best man on the park in the 1st half by a mile, he defo tired in the 2nd half, but ingeneral we were pretty poor in the 2nd. Branny played ok, Makela played like he always does, like a diddy. One of the worst players I have ever seen in a Hearts jersey.

It wasn't Jason Thomson playing at right back, but a young lad called Ali Devine so Thomson is being kept for Saturday. It was my first look at Tullberg and I was slightly disappointed on the whole with him although he does look mobile.

There aren't many players from the reserves who can be expected to make the step up to the first team anytime soon.

So is Eggert Jonsson definately suspended for Saturday then? Did his two yellows take him over the threshold?

Winston Ingram

Also saw the 90 mins. Bruno excellent but understandably faded a bit. Centre halves did well, interesting to see they are pushing Balatoni into the reserves at a young age.

Mackle and Kostadinov v poor. Tullberg lucky not to be sent off after lashing out at a boy, booked, then fouled him again.

Notable absentees: Husband, Glen, Brown, for whatever reason.

Think that was Devine's first game back after long-term injury.

Did the saviour of Csaba's preferred formation :rolleyes: show anything positive

As an aside why are the reserves playing with 2 strikers?

Yeah I thought he looked good without setting the heather alight. Good in the air and tidy in possesion.

When they took Tullberg of Mclaughlin played a deeper role more like the first team has been playing, possibley not a coincidence that this was when Falkirk came into the game

So is Eggert Jonsson definately suspended for Saturday then? Did his two yellows take him over the threshold?

Suspended for one game - automatic for any competitive ordering off. Wouldn't think he is over the limit yet for points.

Winston Ingram

Formation is a good point. Started out straight 4-4-2, very positive.. the very way we should play on Saturday.

Sadly, neither the manager nor Korobochka were there to see it. Thought Csaba was a 24-hour man?!

Formation is a good point. Started out straight 4-4-2, very positive.. the very way we should play on Saturday.

Sadly, neither the manager nor Korobochka were there to see it. Thought Csaba was a 24-hour man?!

We never won.

Was Csaba's assistant there?

Or will he be solely reliant upon Cervenkov's "expert" opinion on how everyone did.

"yes, Csaba, we were gash 4-4-2 and much better second half with 4-5-1, oh yes, pant, slaver blah blub etc......"

You would think the manager would want to see the reserves playing we had Bruno and Tullberg starting i would have thought this might interest him.

Winston Ingram

Almost certain Burger wasnt there. Cervenkov and Darren Murray in dug-out.

IMAMAROON: Results hardly the issue at reserve level, unless they are being regularly horsed. You are talking about a team with a) players making a comeback from injury B) not good enough to play in the first team and c) kids.

The overall style of play, however, should replicate the first team. And in the first half at least, it was a major improvement on recent first team games.

Archived