If it can happen to Spurs...

Dr. Bapswent

Hearts are sitting in 3rd, just behind the OF.

Spurs are languishing at the bottom of the premiership.

Yet many on hear are moaning so much you'd think the world was about to end.

Some perspective please.

I know its not great, and much needs fixed, but we're mending things, slowly but surely.

If Tottenham can be stuck at the bottom of the premiership, with their money, their players and their manager, and we can be third, with what we have, should we be complaining this much?

Some perspective please.

I know its not great, and much needs fixed, but we're mending things, slowly but surely.

If Tottenham can be stuck at the bottom of the premiership, with their money, their players and their manager, and we can be third, with what we have, should we be complaining this much?

Simple answer....NO!

Some perspective please.

Ok Dr B.

I've looked at the EPL, looked at where Spurs are and I must admit I feel no different - and why don't I feel any different ?

Because I couldn't give a feck about Spurs.

What a terrible comparison.

Ok Dr B.

I've looked at the EPL, looked at where Spurs are and I must admit I feel no different - and why don't I feel any different ?

Ditto. Stupid post.

I couldnt give a flying **** if Tottenham get relegated for the next 4 seasons and end up in the Confrence. No offence to Tottenham but the only clubs situation and well being that concerns me is Hearts.

We have to put into some perspective that we came 8th last season. Anything above that is a vast improvement. I've always said to myself this season I'd be "happy" with 6th or better.

Judging by the way things are now, the 10 teams behind the OF look to be all as bad as each other. I believe a top 5 or 4 finish seems to be a decent aim for us this season

Spurs??? Feck them, middle of the road club that just aren't relevant anymore. We on the other hand are the 3rd biggest club in Scotland.

Some perspective please.

Oh come on Baps. That would just ruin the spiffing good fun we have here. ;)

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Is this a joke?

Can I just ask you to show me all the complaining we are doing?

Go on ANY message board in the world after a defeat to an average team and I would bet it's the same if not worse.

Come on Dr B.

Must try harder Dr. B, another attempt to wind up fellow Hearts fans who are quite rightly concerned at the running of their club, why?

Fozzyonthefence
Who gives a flying whats going on at Spurs???

I'm a Hearts fan and this is a Hearts forum unless you hadn't noticed.

I thought it was a Chelsea forum these days.

Is this a joke?

Can I just ask you to show me all the complaining we are doing?

Go on ANY message board in the world after a defeat to an average team and I would bet it's the same if not worse.

Come on Dr B.

Dont forget thats exactly what we are aswell.

Must try harder Dr. B, another attempt to wind up fellow Hearts fans who are quite rightly concerned at the running of their club, why?

You don't like it, so it has to be a wind-up?

:rolleyes:

And you ask why people want to see more perspective on this board?

Some perspective please.

:th_Yawn:...I Feel much better knowing that some Random English club are Sheeite as well!!

Some perspective please.

What has been mended or is in the process of being mended?

Some perspective please.

Baps

we are thrid in a seriously poor league, already a country mile behind the ugly sisters (after 7 games)

our players just simply don't try

We pay them old firm wages and get zero in return

that is why we moan

You don't like it, so it has to be a wind-up?

:rolleyes:

And you ask why people want to see more perspective on this board?

Unless i have missed the point the doctor is suggestting because spurs are bottom of the EPL getting horsed of utd 3-0 is nothing to complain about. :eek:

Come on redm it is another pathetic troll attempt by the good Dr. What on earth has Spurs league from got do with hearts or the way the club is being run ?

With the squad we have and the age of the team not to mention the performances from last season finishing 8th had someone said after 7 games you would be 3rd would you have taken it ?

Course you would some people think that instant change and an expectation to challenge the old firm will happen sorry it wont.

This team will win some and lose some they will be inconsistant due to age and the fact certain personnel shouldnt be there(But we cant do anything about that in a closed transfer market and tighter reigns on finances)but to start panicking that its all doom and gloom is premature.

Yes it was a crap performance and no it wont be our last of the season but our own manager said priority was a top 6 finish anything higher is a bonus and i dont disagree with him on that.

So do we honestly believe we have a right to immediately hammer everyone else and cruise to 3rd while challenging the OF come on !!!

If this team finish 3rd its an incredible season.

Unless i have missed the point the doctor is suggestting because spurs are bottom of the EPL getting horsed of utd 3-0 is nothing to complain about. :eek:

Come on redm it is another pathetic troll attempt by the good Dr. What on earth has Spurs league from got do with hearts or the way the club is being run ?

If you want to take the most literal interpretation...but I think the point is that much better clubs than us are having a weird spell with some crap results. Losing 3-0 to Dundee Utd after the start we've had isn't really all that bad, no matter what way you look at it.

I was as disapointed as the next Hearts fan about Saturdays result, but perspective shows 1 bad game in 7 so far this season and sitting 3rd in the table, lots of teams would like to swap place with us just now.

I was as disapointed as the next Hearts fan about Saturdays result, but perspective shows 1 bad game in 7 so far this season and sitting 3rd in the table, lots of teams would like to swap place with us just now.

Yes, all the ones below us.

If you want to take the most literal interpretation...but I think the point is that much better clubs than us are having a weird spell with some crap results. Losing 3-0 to Dundee Utd after the start we've had isn't really all that bad, no matter what way you look at it.

Fair enough I happen to think it was a shocking result and performance so well worthy of a moan.

Is losing 3 games out of 7 really that good a start ?

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Of course, Spurs fans are moaning like hell about their start to the season as well as going mental over their own absurd coach/DOF combo.

It's that old "you can't make chicken soup out of chicken ****."

In the main, it's the same squad weighed down with mediocrity that stormed to an 8th - place finish last year.

Average team + average setup = average finish.

sorry mate but that is loser talk

Ok Dr B.

Ditto Hate the yids

What has been mended or is in the process of being mended?

Since we are ignoring this/not answering, I shall reply myself.

MY big issue with the team last year was the fact that we failed to function as a football side. Too often we felt that players were not selected for football reasons and concerns were that it was not the "manager" making those decisions. This resulted in us languishing in the league.

This season, we hired a new manager who was given the job of solving all of the above.

We have played (without researching so forgive me if I have missed a game) Motherwell, St Mirren, ICT, Hamilton Academicals, R@ngers, Dundee United Falkirk and Clydebank.

We beat Motherwell, St Mirren, Hamilton and ICT by one goal margins, none of which were clear victories, each of them we ended up scrambling over the line. R@ng*rs comprehensively beat us, nothing new about though, however losing to Falkirk and Clydebank was far more disappointing. The latest defeat, that has brought about this thread, was a hammering, couldn't call it anything else tbh, by one of the teams we need to challenge if we are to improve on last season.

I was not at this game but a friend of mine was, I texted him to ask how bad it was, his response was...."Absolute ****! No passion, no industry, no hope."

So, really, only one good result all season (marginally defeating Motherwell) seems to be our only "improvement", but is that improvement? We could get the odd good result under Frail, couldn't we?

As for the team selection, I find it astonishing that Palazuelos are so under used, I find it equally astonishing that we continue with Karipidis in midfield. I do not think that Laszlo is picking the team, this stinks of a Cervenkov formation.

So I ask again, what has been mended?

As for the Tottenham analogy, Tottenham will either improve or sack their manager. If they improve, their squad is a good one and will take them up the league quickly, if they sack the manager, they will bring in a top manager to manage (properly) a top squad of players. I would rather be Tottenham than Hearts right now.

Yes we're third and we'd have taken that before the start of the season and it is only one defeat. But it was a bad one and even worse was the manner of the defeat.

If that can happen once there's a fair chance it can happen regularly unless players get themselves re-focussed fairly quickly (by that I mean right away).

A little bit worried by the standard of most of our performances this season and this one was just reality waiting to come home IMO.

Still, not much damage done really and we're still third, but we'll have to improve a hell of a lot to have a hope of staying there.

Four out of eight Dazo, don't forget Clydebank beat us.

Happy memories of a now defunct team.

Or am I missing some connection between Clydebank and Airdrie Utd ?:)

Spurs??? Feck them, middle of the road club that just aren't relevant anymore. We on the other hand are the 3rd biggest club in Scotland.

Middle of the road??

Chirpy chirpy cheep cheep

Not sure if you're being sarcastic or not, you probably are so I'm going to look stupid but Airdrie bought out Clydebank and renamed them Airdrie United to retain their league place.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

I keep reading that we are 3rd in the league so everything is fine.

The facts are we have yet to play anyone of note bar Rangers.

Just wait till xmas, we 100% WON'T be third.

Airdrie United is the new name for Clydebank.

That is just it AP, we haven't played Hibs, C*lt!c or Aberdeen yet. Given the way we have struggled against Falkirk and Hamilton, how do we feel we will fare against them?

We won't be third after playing Sellick and sheep at home.

siegementality
Ok Dr B.

Agreed.

It does become a slightly better comparison if you support Hearts and Spurs though as Spurs are making Hearts look like Real Madrid.

Yes we're third and we'd have taken that before the start of the season and it is only one defeat. But it was a bad one and even worse was the manner of the defeat.

If that can happen once there's a fair chance it can happen regularly unless players get themselves re-focussed fairly quickly (by that I mean right away).

A little bit worried by the standard of most of our performances this season and this one was just reality waiting to come home IMO.

Spot on. The worrying thing about Saturday was not that we lost (which is bad enough) but that we looked like the Hearts set-up of the dark days of late 2007 in terms of spirit and organisation - in other words, just hopeless.

In other great news for Hearts today:

- we're not Bayern Munich

- we're not Third Lanark

- Tynecastle was not hit by a hurricane.

It's impossible to stop these feel-good stories coming - there are so many.

Ok Dr B.

How is it terrible?

I think the thing to take from this is spending can get you nowhere and the small steps were taking, although not massive progression, is good.

Did the Hearts manager really say he would be content with a top six finish this season?

Im a bit out of touch with current events but I dont recall that being one of the promises Romanov made when he was trying to buy our shares.

What was our league position when we booted out Burley, Foulkes and Anderton?

You couldnt make it up.....some people keep taking hook line and sinker every time.

Some perspective please.

What a load of ****e!

Archived