Utterly Amazed

Rawrrrrrrr

at some of the head burying and lack of concern on this site over the last week at the lies coming from the club and also the fact we didnt have any money to pay players

Firstly for me someone not transferring vital funds is not a technical hitch as was claimed

Secondly the concern has to be that whether it was all an innocent mistake or not the fact cannot be lost that hearts as a club has major cashflow problems as well a lack of backing from our main bankers ( at least for day to day purposes)

What would happen if we suddenly needed cash to pay for a vital bill? what happens if something does happen to ubig or the lithuanian banking system which is clearly smaller than the UK one

I have seen people on here claiming its all the Media/SFA or someone else but the concern has to be that we could not pay our bills as they fell due, we are therefore not solvent.

The fact is the past week has made me fear more than ever not just the long term future but the short term future and no matter how many times Berra, Csaba and Tullberg - funny how its the same 3 each time - claim they dont care about it the whole thing strikes as uneasy to me

Why where the players not paid on time and what has been done to prevent it happening again?

A "technical error" doesnt do it for me and the club owe it to the fans who are pumping cash into hearts to explain what happened and where the money they are putting into the club is going since its clearly not the player salaries

Stupid Sexy Flanders

Fantastic.

How does the club owe it to the fans to explain about players wages? They're not paying us! There was a delay, it's been resolved and the players have been paid. Big woop.

If this had happened at any other club it would have barely constituted a story. But because it's Hearts, it all of a sudden becomes big news. And all the drama queens, including the ones on JKB, can't wait to show how much they are shaking with rage.

If Chris Berra says it's not a problem, that's good enough for me.

If it is the fans money that pays for Hearts (which it should be) then whose money pays for the shortfall between what the club brings in and what the club has to pay out?

Bank of Scotland and UKIO Bankas have been subsidising Hearts loss-making for over a decade and picking up the tab with overdraft facilities and loans.

Fantastic.

How does the club owe it to the fans to explain about players wages? They're not paying us! There was a delay, it's been resolved and the players have been paid. Big woop.

If this had happened at any other club it would have barely constituted a story. But because it's Hearts, it all of a sudden becomes big news. And all the drama queens, including the ones on JKB, can't wait to show how much they are shaking with rage.

If Chris Berra says it's not a problem, that's good enough for me.

Do you really believe that?

If any other Scottish League team, even the likes of Annan had failed to pay wages on time it would have merrited media coverage, stranraer are currently undergoing financial crisis and it has been well covered in the press as an example.

The club owe it to the fans to explain where the money is going in my view but then the romanovs clearly feel they owe us nothing and at times there statements on the website seem almost sarcastic and aiming to mock and belittle supporters

As for it being a delay, in my opinion it wasn't , a delay would have been the money being a few days late due to a bank error, this was a specific case of hearts being unable to pay people because the cash flow was not in place, all it takes is for that to happen to a creditor and we are finished.

As for it being resolved, is it really? what reassurances do we have that it wont happen again? or to explain why it happened?

BACs payments take 2 days, Chaps same day, faster payments same day, if it was all an innocent error why did it take a week to resolve? I know if my employer had a "technical error " with wages and they are smaller than hearts it would be a log into our internet banking, an internal transfer then a bacs payment and all sorted 2 days later.

As I said this was not a technical error, we could not pay the players as the money was not there, given this I feel its entirely right to be extremely concerned about our future and the risks of reoccurence

And Im very happy that Christophe Berra can afford to wait a week for his wages, Im sure the non playing staff and youth players cant though

If it is the fans money that pays for Hearts (which it should be) then whose money pays for the shortfall between what the club brings in and what the club has to pay out?

Bank of Scotland and UKIO Bankas have been subsidising Hearts loss-making for over a decade and picking up the tab with overdraft facilities and loans.

The law of good business would be that you ensure that the funds are in place, they clearly are not here, if Ubig are pulling out money or causing cash flow problems then something drastic needs to be done to sort things before it kills the club

The fact is if we dont pay our bills on time our creditors could petiton for the club to be liquidated therefore not having immediate access to the money being used to run the club is of serious concern

what happens if something does happen to ubig or the lithuanian banking system which is clearly smaller than the UK one

This stuff is always the fault of the banks, as far as I can see. They're rubbish, they don't give a pair of monkey's nuts for their customers, and their ICT and payment systems are overpriced half-baked guff held together with sellotape and paper clips and put together and maintained by people who don't know their arse from a hole in the ground.

The above is what Vlad originally wanted to send out in a press release. But for some reason he changed his mind.

:whistling:

Geoff Kilpatrick
The law of good business would be that you ensure that the funds are in place, they clearly are not here, if Ubig are pulling out money or causing cash flow problems then something drastic needs to be done to sort things before it kills the club

The fact is if we dont pay our bills on time our creditors could petiton for the club to be liquidated therefore not having immediate access to the money being used to run the club is of serious concern

For once I will agree with you, in the sense that the Lithuanian parachuting of cash needs to stop and proper borrowing facilities for the club to draw on should be in place.

However, I would say that this has led to sheriff officers appearing at the club in the past and then the money is produced so I do think that the "problem" is the command and control structure rather than UBIG's financial stability.

at some of the head burying and lack of concern on this site over the last week at the lies coming from the club and also the fact we didnt have any money to pay players

Firstly for me someone not transferring vital funds is not a technical hitch as was claimed

Secondly the concern has to be that whether it was all an innocent mistake or not the fact cannot be lost that hearts as a club has major cashflow problems as well a lack of backing from our main bankers ( at least for day to day purposes)

What would happen if we suddenly needed cash to pay for a vital bill? what happens if something does happen to ubig or the lithuanian banking system which is clearly smaller than the UK one

I have seen people on here claiming its all the Media/SFA or someone else but the concern has to be that we could not pay our bills as they fell due, we are therefore not solvent.

The fact is the past week has made me fear more than ever not just the long term future but the short term future and no matter how many times Berra, Csaba and Tullberg - funny how its the same 3 each time - claim they dont care about it the whole thing strikes as uneasy to me

Why where the players not paid on time and what has been done to prevent it happening again?

A "technical error" doesnt do it for me and the club owe it to the fans who are pumping cash into hearts to explain what happened and where the money they are putting into the club is going since its clearly not the player salaries

Welcome back:rolleyes:

By the way, you are talking absolute nonsense about the financial side (as I learned the other day there) but hey ho, continue to try to wind up Hearts fans.

Berra, Csaba and Tullberg - funny how its the same 3 each time

Berra - club captain

Csaba - team manager

Tullberg - a new face that the media want to get to know

I don't see a problem with the same 3 being quoted

Have you been in Peebles for a week?

Welcome back:rolleyes:

By the way, you are talking absolute nonsense about the financial side (as I learned the other day there) but hey ho, continue to try to wind up Hearts fans.

Oh well thats me convinced

The fact we couldn't pay our wages due to non availability of funds means nothing at all:eek:

Maybe you should back up your viewpoint with an explaination as I know which is more likely to be true given our recent issues

Oh and still no one has explained why a BACS couldnt be put through to the players directly

Geoff Kilpatrick

The fact we couldn't pay our wages due to non availability of funds means nothing at all:eek:

Maybe you should back up your viewpoint with an explaination as I know which is more likely to be true given our recent issues

Oh and still no one has explained why a BACS couldnt be put through to the players directly

No one knows what the exact issue was, although it appears to be how the cash was meant to be transferred from Lithuania.

Until that was sorted, the payments were stopped.

Doesn't mean that that system is correct though.

No one knows what the exact issue was, although it appears to be how the cash was meant to be transferred from Lithuania.

Until that was sorted, the payments were stopped.

Doesn't mean that that system is correct though.

Not too add that Hbos where clearly not happy enough it was all a simple error to give us an overdraft to cover the few days

The point im making is now we are passed the stage of the wages being paid its time to question why it happened, and what the club are doing to prevent it happening again.

A short term cash flow like that could kill hearts if a creditor took us to court

Geoff Kilpatrick
Not too add that Hbos where clearly not happy enough it was all a simple error to give us an overdraft to cover the few days

The point im making is now we are passed the stage of the wages being paid its time to question why it happened, and what the club are doing to prevent it happening again.

A short term cash flow like that could kill hearts if a creditor took us to court

To be fair, I don't think HBOS are in any position to be granting unsecured ?100K overdrafts at present.

And the questions are for staff, not for us. If it happens again, it's time to panic.

I think you will find that we do have an overdraft with HBOS, its that they weren't willing to increase it beyond the limit we were at.

To be fair, I don't think HBOS are in any position to be granting unsecured ?100K overdrafts at present.

And the questions are for staff, not for us. If it happens again, it's time to panic.

Geoff, I think thats the point many of us are missing. What if, and its a big if this was the scenario (clutching at straws time)

I belive that the wages are transferred from Lithuania to HBOS, is this correct? What if Lithuania weren't willing to transfer the cash a week or so ago when all of the HBOS mess was up in the air. As I say, clutching at straws but maybe they didn't want to take a chance of losing that money. Its all if's and but's I know, but as you say, if it happens again then it really is a problem.

Nelly Terraces

Yawn. Last weeks story. Been done to death and you know it's been a slow one when Davie Provo gets in on the act of talking bollax about it.

Can we stick to having a heated debate about how gash our centre halfs are? I'll start - they're both utter pish.

Please continue.....

Stupid Sexy Flanders

Where are you getting this part from?

Can we stick to having a heated debate about how gash our centre halfs are? I'll start - they're both utter pish.

Please continue.....

One more so than the other :rolleyes:

Francis Albert

The non-payment thing may or not be significant. No-one really knows.

But what amazes me are the number of people who have apparently never encountered any "technical hitch" (or ******-up) with a bank or with a pay-roll department, and therefor seem able to say with certainty that these things can't happen unless something sinister is going on.

Any chance of a key to this alternative universe?

The non-payment thing may or not be significant. No-one really knows.

But what amazes me are the number of people who have apparently never encountered any "technical hitch" (or ******-up) with a bank or with a pay-roll department, and therefor seem able to say with certainty that these things can't happen unless something sinister is going on.

Any chance of a key to this alternative universe?

I used to always have problems with the bank giving me my wages every other month or so, seemed that they needed to keep most of it for what I had spent the previous month. Was always very disturbing. They called it overdrawn, I called it a technical hitch. Its been going on for years ;)

ToadKiller Dog

I was amazed by the panic that came from the story ,tales of Ogilvie,Southern et all being sacked or walking out ,the club was to go the way of gretna by this monday.

That to me was more amusing than the head in the sand stuff not that i think that there was a lot of that after it was confirmed they had not been paid .

the coming weeks will tell if there are serious problems ahead in terms of money problems ,given there is not much we can do except speculate my advice would be lets wait and see.

I expect a good few folk will be waiting with barely concealed glee in the hope the players are not paid this week which is a sad state of affairs in itself.

I expect a good few folk will be waiting with barely concealed glee in the hope the players are not paid this week which is a sad state of affairs in itself.

I hope the players aren't paid this week.

Guest gorgie kev

bore%20gel.jpg

Who's fault is it for paying over-inflated wages with a ludicrous ?10m a year wage budget thats clearly not sustainable? I'm guessing thats not the fault of your average punter.

Blah Blah Blah

I use Bank of Scotland for business banking.

Today when I logged on a messgae to all users that said.

A file of payments to Banks within National Australia Group ( Clydesdale, Yorkshire ) has been incorrectly rejected by NAG. If you see the entry coming back into your account please do not make alternative payment arrangements as the file is being resent.

Errors happen all the time

After Saturdays performance there are very few who actually deserve to pick up a wage.

Fozzyonthefence
Blah Blah Blah

I use Bank of Scotland for business banking.

Today when I logged on a messgae to all users that said.

A file of payments to Banks within National Australia Group ( Clydesdale, Yorkshire ) has been incorrectly rejected by NAG. If you see the entry coming back into your account please do not make alternative payment arrangements as the file is being resent.

Errors happen all the time

Yes, but they don't usually take a week to sort out do they? Not in my experience anyway.

Bit of a delayed reaction there, Prancer. :biggrin:

Here's a tip for you: the best time to capitalise on the potential for hysteria is in the time immediately surrounding or directly after an event. But your efforts are admirable nonetheless.

Prancer

We could get thumped 25 nil of Hamilton Accies and some people on here would still 'take the positives' from it

They need to wake up and smell the coffee that we are doomed

I want them all sacked and tried for crimes against football

they are a joke and don't deserve to be playing even sunday League

Geoff Kilpatrick
Prancer

We could get thumped 25 nil of Hamilton Accies and some people on here would still 'take the positives' from it

BINGO!

We are still playing that, aren't we?

Prancer

If I was to do a search on the word 'coffee', I wonder how many times your posts would crop up....

:P

Have you not had access to a computer for a week? Bet you couldn't wait to post this as soon as you heard the news.

Sorry, been done to death, the issue was resolved last week, it's getting really boring now.

If you are Hell bent on making it something it's not so that you can spread fear and alarm amongst the Hearts support why don't you just become an Evening Hobo journalist?

Here's one you could start later in the week if you're interested, we got pumped yet again by Dundee Utd on Saturday, you can start one about that maybe on Friday or something after it has been flogged to death on here and hey presto, you will have opened up that whole can of worms again.

If people stopped replying to Prancer, surely he would go away!

He is purely after a reaction and possibly thrives on being centre of attraction!

But i8hibsh must be great company.;)

Prancer

25-0 now? Yesterday it was 10. What odds the Accies are going to rack up the half-century tomorrow? :rolleyes:

What brand of coffee are you smelling anyway? If it's Nescafe then we shouldn't be too surprise as your pessimism. ;)

If people stopped replying to Prancer, surely he would go away!

He is purely after a reaction and possibly thrives on being centre of attraction!

Yes how dare I be concerned about our club

Afterall its completely normal for large companies hearts size not to pay their wages

Afterall its completely normal for large companies hearts size not to pay their wages

Why didn't you post your concerns on the huge thread devoted to this very subject then instead of posting a whole new drama queen thread about it all of your own.

I'm not surprised so many of us think you are just an attention seeker who's sole purpose in life is to wind up fellow Jambos on Kickback.

Oh, and re your second paragraph here, yes, it happens. Now can we lay this one to rest please, Hearts have.

One person and one person alone could put us all at ease or at least have the b*** to come out and explain the feck up, yip its Vlad but he has not for the 1st time stays silent and says feck all, WHY, is this not a sign by him of what he really thinks of us and our great club, again WHY IS HE BEING SILENT, does that not indicate GUILT or just plane arrogance. :mad::mad:

Guest Scottish Cup Semi 2006

Your right mate - i have been worried for weeks about the imminent financial future of our club. The majority on here & my mates don't seem to be worried & attribute it to Hoboeconomics but i fear we are going to be severly restricted for many seasons to come unless a Rich investor saves us again.

Francis Albert

Yes it is. And Hearts are not a large company. I worked for a company with about 1000 times Hearts turnover and ******-ups in managimng payroll were quite common - one close colleague was not paid for three months. Two of the last three payments I was owed were late, one by a month.

As I said in another post, if someone can let me into this world that operates without technical glitches and ****** ups please do. It must be great there.

Yes it is. And Hearts are not a large company. I worked for a company with about 1000 times Hearts turnover and ******-ups in managimng payroll were quite common - one close colleague was not paid for three months. Two of the last three payments I was owed were late, one by a month.

As I said in another post, if someone can let me into this world that operates without technical glitches and ****** ups please do. It must be great there.

and when was the last time they failed to pay every single employee?

siegementality

So the Bank of Scotland and UKIO Bankas have been providing Hearts with interest free loans and overdrafts have they?

Archived