No smoking in the toilets

IMA MAROON

Not a big fan of fans having a puff in the bogs but the Dundee police were well out of order arresting fans for having a fag. Heavy handed policing as you'll ever get for smoking in a toilet. :sad:

Stupid Sexy Flanders

That steward that came in on his own, I genuinely thought he was going to get a doing. Don't know what he was thinking!

Not a big fan of fans having a puff in the bogs but the Dundee police were well out of order arresting fans for having a fag. Heavy handed policing as you'll ever get for smoking in a toilet. :sad:

Ex smoker myself, so I know what it's like to have to go without a fag for a long time, but the bottom line is that it's aganst the law

Nelly Terraces
Ex smoker myself, so I know what it's like to have to go without a fag for a long time, but the bottom line is that it's aganst the law

Ditto, but the Dungdee pigs are total ****. Saw a young laddie getting arrested for drinking outta can of coke there a coupla seasons back. OK, you're not allowed cans, but taking the can off him and pointing that out would have been more appropriate to some inspector shop front's OTT reactions of literally jumping over people then dragging the lad away by the neck. It was actually an assualt and it was sickening to watch. That's just one incident out of loads I've witnessed there down the years. They're a particularly dour faced and insolent mob of old bill up there, suppose you can see why living it that cackhole.

:welldone:

Everyone doing it knows the law by now and only risk it because they think they'll only get a slap on the wrist. Not a huge amount of sympathy.

I had the trots on saturday after a dodgy ruby on Friday. after 45 minutes of the cold shivers in the first half I try to go to the bog, but can't get near them for feckin smokers. So hang the barstards I say, I missed 10 minutes of the second half (actually wish I had stayed there until 4.45.

Seriously tho Killy have the right idea with the smoking section behind the stand. There is certainly scope to do this at tynie. Expecting people to endure hearts perofmances without smoking is cruel.

Smokers are dying of cancer like flies nowadays. Don't worry in a few years they will all be dead and you will be able to trot away in Stadium toilets....!

Of course if there is a major fire at a stadium in Scotland the persons fag who caused it will stand up and apologise to those who died -- yeah right.

Just view the Braford disaster and then come back on.

No smoking for a good reason in grounds and it is the best thing to happen to pubs in years.

Of course if there is a major fire at a stadium in Scotland the persons fag who caused it will stand up and apologise to those who died -- yeah right.

No smoking for a good reason in grounds and it is the best thing to happen to pubs in years.

I'd like to see you set fire to a concrete/steel football stand with a cigarette.

Jambof3tornado

Bravo!!!:)

Is it not an on the spot fine as opposed to an arrestable offence? Being a non smoker I really dont know. However, arresting someone for having a fly puff seems rather OTT for me - takes up cell space that should be occupied by real criminals!!

Deal with it.

I'd like to see you set fire to a concrete/steel football stand with a cigarette.

I take it you've never been in the main stand at Tynie then, no? :rolleyes:

Agreed that arresting them is heavy handed, but I'd be all for chucking them out the stadium. Smoking bans are there for a reason and I'm fed up breathing in that crap in places where it's banned.

Agreed that arresting them is heavy handed, but I'd be all for chucking them out the stadium. Smoking bans are there for a reason and I'm fed up breathing in that crap in places where it's banned.

You wouldn't have to if smoking was allowed outside near the gates.

I actually thought that the poloice did NOT enforce the smoking ban and that is why local authorities had to employ enforcers ?

i smoke i dont like the th fact that you can't get a fag even if you go outside ie to where the gates the laws states that you can not smoke in an area that 3/4 covered so standing at a gate out the back of the ground is not braking the law but no reason to smoke in the toilets when you know its against the law!!!

Guest juvehearts

agree 100%

but re tynecastle.

ffs the corner where the chippie van is surley in open space.

i aint a smoker & detest it but people need their fix eh, common sence mean anything to people these days?

Was at the game on Saturday IMO the older steward downstairs was gunning for the young lad with the blond hair at any chance to eject him from the ground.

There were also some other stewards who just wanted Jambo's chucked out for standing at the game :eek:

DUFC Stewards go and get a life.

Brian Whittaker's Tache

Always been heavy handed policing at Dulldee

Years ago when we used to go to away games en masse with Baldy Heid Hearts (we all used to wear they bald wig things) about 12 of us got lifted for feck all apart from shouting baldy baldy at a bald polis

Never been back to the hell hole that is Dulldee after Mr Kidd's antics

I take it you've never been in the main stand at Tynie then, no? :rolleyes:

I mentioned about steel/concrete stands. The main stand at Tynie, like most older stands, has timber 'terracing' and probably a fair whack of asbestos thrown in for good measure.

Archived