I'd rather have Wilkie and Dods.......

magicTs

.....being commanding and decisive and doing the simple effective thing than the soft nancy boys that are Berra and Zaliukas. Worst Hearts defence for a long long time.

.....being commanding and decisive and doing the simple effective thing than the soft nancy boys that are Berra and Zaliukas. Worst Hearts defence for a long long time.

Berra and Zaliukas struggle when played as a pairing.

If Csaba had the balls to give Karapidis the chance to play alongside Berra in Pre-Season he would have learned that these 2 are our best Central Defensive partnership.

The rest of us found that out last season.

The 2 of them were hopeless yesterday.

Totally agree. Karipidis is the best centre half we have yet because of Romanov's love affair with Zaliukas and the fact he wants to flog Karipidis in the summer the team suffers as usual by playing both, 1 completely out of position. You really have to laugh at the numpties who think Berra is international class and frankly the fee Wolves were offering should have benn daylight robbery for us.

Guest jambomickey
Berra and Zaliukas struggle when played as a pairing.

If Csaba had the balls to give Karapidis the chance to play alongside Berra in Pre-Season he would have learned that these 2 are our best Central Defensive partnership.

The rest of us found that out last season.

The 2 of them were hopeless yesterday.

i've said it for weeks! karapidis is not a defensive midfielder and zaliukas is a bomb scare! we need to play players in there natural positions

Totally agree. Karipidis is the best centre half we have yet because of Romanov's love affair with Zaliukas and the fact he wants to flog Karipidis in the summer the team suffers as usual by playing both, 1 completely out of position. You really have to laugh at the numpties who think Berra is international class and frankly the fee Wolves were offering should have benn daylight robbery for us.

Flog Karipidis in the summer ?

He will be able to go for free.Karipidis was in last weeks papers saying that Vlad had knocked back a bid for him in the summer.

Flog Karipidis in the summer ?

He will be able to go for free.Karipidis was in last weeks papers saying that Vlad had knocked back a bid for him in the summer.

IIRC...

VR wanted to insert a big sell-on clause and the Greek side didn't fancy it.

If Karapidis doesn't sign a new deal I suspect we'll try and cash-in on him in January.

i've said it for weeks! karapidis is not a defensive midfielder and zaliukas is a bomb scare! we need to play players in there natural positions

Zali has been better than Berra from the games I have seen this season.

We don't need Dods or Wilkie Csaba just has to instill more aggression into our existing defenders.

TBH, think concentration is a word I would be drilling home to both Berra and Zali before agression.

ToadKiller Dog

I think Nade and tulleberg starting could have got something from dodds and wilkie but Mole and Audrey were easily swallowed up .

Both Zal and Berra are decent players but dont have the experiance or knowledge to change things ,we need a older defender who knows when to give a player a kick up the backside at the right time and how to read/put off a forward player .

I just cant see the club getting in that type of player.

Both of ours are having to learn themselves with out anybody on the pitch to teach them ,they dont have the natural talent to compensate for it.

TBH, think concentration is a word I would be drilling home to both Berra and Zali before agression.

That's a fair shout too . :)

Zal and Berra just cant seem to work together, and based on this seasons form alone i would go with Zal and a.n.other.

They generally both struggle at cross balls, Kello had to bail them out a few times yesterday with punches or getting his body in the way of the striker having a free header.

TBF the 2 off them are not helped by the full backs, i would be looking at those positions first before the centre halfs.

Zal and Berra just cant seem to work together, and based on this seasons form alone i would go with Zal and a.n.other.

There has been very little between them imo.

But for the sake of having a balanced CD I'd go for Karapidis and Berra.

A tried and tested partnership that did well in the 2nd half of last season.

There has been very little between them imo.

But for the sake of having a balanced CD I'd go for Karapidis and Berra.

A tried and tested partnership that did well in the 2nd half of last season.

You are correct in there is not much between any of them, Karipidis included.

TBH i would like to see Rapnik given a chance with a.n.other (Zal/Berra/Karipidis).

You are correct in there is not much between any of them, Karipidis included.

TBH i would like to see Rapnik given a chance with a.n.other (Zal/Berra/Karipidis).

If it were to be Rapnik then I'd go for Karapidis to partner him.

Karapidis should have had an opportunity to play alongside Berra pre-season imo to have a chance to at least prove to the new Manager he could play there.

Why he wasn't remains a mystery to me.

Why he wasn't remains a mystery to me.

Think its pretty clear that Csaba does not think a pairing of Ruben and Stewart will not work. He he noticed that pretty quick.

Still, would prefer a natural CM in there.

What I've noticed this season is that if we get a corner the opposition defense always wins the defensive header. When the opposition gets a corner our defence rarely wins the header so we are always vulnerable from corners. This is a major problem in my opinion.

Think its pretty clear that Csaba does not think a pairing of Ruben and Stewart will not work. He he noticed that pretty quick.

Still, would prefer a natural CM in there.

What's strange though GA is that IIRC they've never been given the opportunity to play 'together' in that formation under Csaba.

p45 would be the word for me. What happened to the days of 'play ****e and you're dropped'.

Berra especially has been one of our worst performers this season.

What's strange though GA is that IIRC they've never been given the opportunity to play 'together' in that formation under Csaba.

They both played at Dunfermline , they might also have played in Germany pre-season .... he also sees them both every day in training.

What I've noticed this season is that if we get a corner the opposition defense always wins the defensive header. When the opposition gets a corner our defence rarely wins the header so we are always vulnerable from corners. This is a major problem in my opinion.

Been a problem of ours for years.

They both played at Dunfermline , they might also have played in Germany pre-season .... he also sees them both every day in training.

Karapidis played RB at Dunfermline.

IIRC Zaliukas had a nightmare that night.

Cant rememeber the pre season games DH, will take your word on that one.

Would be surprised if Ruben is here past next summer, maybe earlier.

Will be interesting to see what kind of fee we could get for Ruben.

Karapidis played RB at Dunfermline.

IIRC Zaliukas had a nightmare that night.

I was talking about Ruben & Stewart as you had previously discussed with Gigalo-Aunt unless I misread your post?

I was talking about Ruben & Stewart as you had previously discussed with Gigalo-Aunt unless I misread your post?

No NMH.

I misread yours.

Apologies.

Will be interesting to see what kind of fee we could get for Ruben.

He will probably go out on loan with a view to a permanent transfer.

If we got ?100,000 I'd be surprised.

I like Wilkie, he's maybe not the quickest but is very good on the ball and would have had him at Tynie. Also think we could have done with someone like Stephen Craigen who again hasn't a lot of pace but is experienced and is a leader and reminds me of Pressley.

Berra or Zali with a decent defender alongside would be ok but not together. Their positional sense is often poor and neither is comfortable on the ball which doesn't suit the "playing from the back style" CL wants to deploy.

What often depresses me is that you could go around the non OF teams and put together a decent side, that wages wise, would probably be cheaper than the combined salaries of Nade, Kingston, Beslija and Makela. A sobering thought.

The Old Tolbooth

I'd rather have ANY defensive pairing from ANY other team in the league than Berra and Zaliukas, they're murder! It doesn't help when we have Wallace at left back either!

I dont rate berra at all.Have been saying this for months and months.He is slow isnt commanding at all and def no skipper.I also said he will end up like Wilkie (bit of a journeyman)

Posted during the summer that one of the key signings we required was a dominating centre half to play beside Berra. Now obvious that was required.

We still require a dominating centre half signing - and a midfielder who can tackle.

jack D and coke

I dont know exactly what it is about Zaliukas but i despise the tw*t!

Berra doesn't like him either so how they can form a partnership i dont know.

Craig-Section Z

I love how folk change after one bad game on kickback, sure a few weeks back the pairing were getting praise, Zali especially one bad defeat and bang, their careers are over. Not that we Hearts fans are fickle or anything....

I would say out the two Zali has been better this season, but we cant say that can we as he is "a dud Kaunus" and a "Romanov love child." His problem is concentration as at times it can lapse, other than that he is is the better of the two........

jack D and coke
I love how folk change after one bad game on kickback, sure a few weeks back the pairing were getting praise, Zali especially one bad defeat and bang, their careers are over. Not that we Hearts fans are fickle or anything....

I would say out the two Zali has been better this season, but we cant say that can we as he is "a dud Kaunus" and a "Romanov love child." His problem is concentration as at times it can lapse, other than that he is is the better of the two........

Maybe his concentration is affected by all the weed he alledgedly smokes with his pals miko and chesney.

There's very little to chose between Karipidis, Berrra and Zaliukus - like most of our team they are all of very average ability.

Having just relived yesterday's game by looking at the "highlights" - what exactly was Berra doing at the second goal? Zaliukus was marking a man, Jonsson had lost his man but made a vague attempt to stop the United player getting a shot in. Berra? Standing in no man's land. Berra has got the potential to be a good player but it seems to me he has a tendancy to lose concentration at crucial moments in games.

Craig-Section Z
Maybe his concentration is affected by all the weed he alledgedly smokes with his pals miko and chesney.

There is some crazy stuff posted on kb sometimes but i think this could be a winner.........

i mean can they even afford it, i thought we paid them minimum wage?

jack D and coke
There is some crazy stuff posted on kb sometimes but i think this could be a winner.........

i mean can they even afford it, i thought we paid them minimum wage?

Are you taking the pish? How much do you think weed costs? ?120 will get you a healthy amount of the finest green.

I dont know for it for a fact i said alledgedly remember. I know they smoke tabs though.

Archived