With only 10 men, we controlled the game, but that was not enough."

maroonlegions

siegementality
Totally agree SM, it wouldn't actually take much thinking to put a semi decent team on the park to compete, for instance

Karapidis out, and Ruben in

Moles contract torn up and Glen come in

Audrey booted and Tullberg brought in

Kingston (the constant under performer) dropped, and Bruno brought in (granted he hasn't been fit enough to play so far)

Another left back found and Wallace dropped to the bench (he's not good enough)

That's really all it would take to put a side on the park capable of performing and competing with the rest of the SPL sides, it's not rocket science, and if Csaba cant see it then he quite clearly is not the coach everyone thought he was, either that or Romanov has his hand so far up his arse (like the rest of the coaches) that he could clean his teeth for him and Csaba is all talk.

John, This team, formation, the tactics and the substitutions are the same ones that would have been employed by the last 5 Hearts 'managers' if you hear what I'm saying.

The Old Tolbooth
I'm sticking by Csaba, guys.

We've put up with the likes of Graham Rix, Jim Duffy, Stevie Fail, Anatoly Korobochka etc.. Laszlo's a different league. This guy was a great success with Ferencvaros, despite a difficult start, and he'll do the business with Hearts aswell.

He gave everyone a clean slate at the start of the season, and he'll probably be seeing who the imposters are by now (ie Mole, Ksanivicius..)

I actually agree with a lot of that SNTH, but the thing that niggles away at me is that he's obviously a decent coach with his track record at previous jobs, like Ferencvaros and Uganda, which begs the question of how much control he actually has over team affairs.

I'm willing to bet that it's not much at all, and Vlad is controlling him like he did the rest, the problem is Vlad, not Csaba imo.

The Old Tolbooth
John, This team, formation, the tactics and the substitutions are the same ones that would have been employed by the last 5 Hearts 'managers' if you hear what I'm saying.

Absolutely, read my reply to SNTH ;)

siegementality
How does Nr. 3 get anywhere near a hearts jersey? Get him back to Kaunas!

Do you know I've always wondered why Kaunas players are deemed good enough to come on loan to Hearts, and more or less walk straight into the Hearts team, yet no Hearts players are deemed good enough to go on loan to Kaunas.

It seems strange, given that we waited a while on a Scottish team taking Clum on loan, when he could have went on loan to Kaunas.

siegementality
Absolutely, read my reply to SNTH ;)

The substitutions have the pre-determined look about them for sure.

With the exact rubbish results! We could accept this way of running the club if it was working!!

Committee meeting.....right the last plan failed so lets try it again, and again etc

what do they take us for? (dont answer that I already know the answer!)

The worry for me about today's result was not the beating, hell it happens more than I would like, but I will get over it. It is the seemingly chaotic and puerile decisions taken on team selection which baffle me. The manager seems to need to work 9,10,11,hour days, most of the time seems to be taken up talking about what is going to happen on match day which rarely materialises. We are then "spinned" post match about how well we played etc, etc (which is rarely the case either). The reality is we are no better in football terms than we have been for the last two years. We have good players not getting a game, playing bad players consistently and playing others out of position.

As I have said previously the manager "talks the talk". I feel the time is approaching where he has to be seen to "walk the walk".

Dougie Masterton
In fairness to Csaba he has admitted that. That is why he coined the "together" ditty. He doesn't have any "control", he has a say, the same as the other people in the "together" syndicate. Unfortunately for Csaba there are three of them and one of him, therefore for "together" read "they".

No sympathy for him though, he's a big boy.

But he can be blamed for 'his' below average team selections,'his' below average formations, 'his below average tactics and 'his' below average substitutions.

You want to make your mind up.

siegementality
You want to make your mind up.

Don't you think when I said 'his' it told you what I thought? for 'his' read 'their'.

I actually agree with a lot of that SNTH, but the thing that niggles away at me is that he's obviously a decent coach with his track record at previous jobs, like Ferencvaros and Uganda, which begs the question of how much control he actually has over team affairs.

I'm willing to bet that it's not much at all, and Vlad is controlling him like he did the rest, the problem is Vlad, not Csaba imo.

"Plus ?a change, plus c?est la m?me chose."

Nelly Terraces

Sorry to say, as I had high hopes for the geezer, but Lazlo is beginning to sound a bit like A.N.Other manager, trotting out the usual tripe after yer teams taken a total beasting.

Just admit it mate, we are gash, your tactics are a joke, and the players you pick are totally substandard.

I honestly thought that Csaba had inherited a half decent squad at the start of the season, who had simply underperformed due to the mis-management of the two seasons before this one. MAYBE HE THOUGHT SO TOO.

Its looking more and more like the basic quality in the squad isnt actually good enough, and I hope Csaba's seeing it now.

Also, we've still got a problem with squad spirit if we can go to Tannadice and be beaten so comprehensively IMO.

As many have said to day, this result has been coming all season. How we've managed to stay in third place probably says a lot more about the other teams around us than it says about us.

So what next ?

I'm not ready to join the Csaba out ticket just yet, but we'll see what he's really made of in the next couple of games. We'll also see what our squad is really made of in the next two or three games. I suspect the answer in both cases is NOT A LOT.

I dont think he's getting that much in the way of interference, certainly not as much as the 5 or 6 managers before him did. I think its time to make radical changes because what he is trying to do with the admittedly limited squad he has, simply isnt working, even when we've won it hasnt really truly worked.

For me its out with Wallace, Kingston, Ksanavicious and Mole for starters and in with Nade & Tullberg as a front pairing with Glen as back up. Swap Jonnson and Karapidis around and get Aquar in there beside Stewart.

4-3-3 with Driver as a wide lying extra forward and a solid 3 in the middle might be the way to go. We're getting feck all from playing with two wide players anyway, havent done for years. Feck knows what to do about full backs. I cant really see the answer currently on the books.

I honestly thought that Csaba had inherited a half decent squad at the start of the season, who had simply underperformed due to the mis-management of the two seasons before this one. MAYBE HE THOUGHT SO TOO.

Its looking more and more like the basic quality in the squad isnt actually good enough, and I hope Csaba's seeing it now.

Also, we've still got a problem with squad spirit if we can go to Tannadice and be beaten so comprehensively IMO.

As many have said to day, this result has been coming all season. How we've managed to stay in third place probably says a lot more about the other teams around us than it says about us.

So what next ?

I'm not ready to join the Csaba out ticket just yet, but we'll see what he's really made of in the next couple of games. We'll also see what our squad is really made of in the next two or three games. I suspect the answer in both cases is NOT A LOT.

I dont think he's getting that much in the way of interference, certainly not as much as the 5 or 6 managers before him did. I think its time to make radical changes because what he is trying to do with the admittedly limited squad he has, simply isnt working, even when we've won it hasnt really truly worked.

For me its out with Wallace, Kingston, Ksanavicious and Mole for starters and in with Nade & Tullberg as a front pairing with Glen as back up. Swap Jonnson and Karapidis around and get Aquar in there beside Stewart.

4-3-3 with Driver as a wide lying extra forward and a solid 3 in the middle might be the way to go. We're getting feck all from playing with two wide players anyway, havent done for years. Feck knows what to do about full backs. I cant really see the answer currently on the books.

I'm pleased that you should say that: emptying Csaba (is anyone actually calling for that?) would achieve nothing.

Incidentally, the only way to rid oneself of a tapeworm is to destroy the head: if you merely pull off sections of the tail it happily replaces them and continues to thrive.

The Old Tolbooth
How we've managed to stay in third place probably says a lot more about the other teams around us than it says about us.

Never a truer word said!!

I'm pleased that you should say that: emptying Csaba (is anyone actually calling for that?) would achieve nothing.

Incidentally, the only way to rid oneself of a tapeworm is to destroy the head: if you merely pull off sections of the tail it happily replaces them and continues to thrive.

Not people actually calling for it as such, but he's attracting a lot of criticism and I think its way too early to pass judgement on him just yet. Lets see how he does in a crisis now that the wheels have fallen off the happy bus. Assuming he doesnt really think that we controlled the game at any stage today and that everything else about a 3 goal hiding was actually alright !!!

Thanks for the tapeworm advice. I'll bear it in mind for the next time.;)

Stop chatting me up you devil tongued vagabond :P

I get all my best lines from this guy... :)

Jean-Baptiste Alphonse_Karr_thumb.jpg

The talk of whether Laszlo's capable of doing anything worthwhile is largely irrelevant. The singer has changed but the song remains the same. There's no point in getting rid of Laszlo - it will make not one whit of a difference. All we're being offered is a variety of personalities (or, in some cases, lack of personalities). I've no doubt that he's a decent coach; hell, he might even be a decent manager, but we'll never be allowed to see that in a Hearts context. So long as there's a committee, with the majority of that copmmittee simply asking Mr romanov, "How high, sir?", then what we've got at the moment (and for the past wee while) is all we're ever going to have under Romanov. Short of a very wealthy buyer coming along, that's it.

I had high hopes that Laszlos appointment was a step in the right direction for our club but it's becoming more and more obvious that nothing has changed. Laszlo is just joining the long line of "managers" who are nothing more than puppets. Chance has to happen but that change HAS to be from the top down. Romanov OUT.

I didn't say they were untrue; I said they were void because you were echoing what was said on the radio without making the effort to go to the game.

ah ,and you will know of course why i did not make the effort to go to the game :rolleyes:, baby sitting for my kids as it was my wifes sisters birthday and she had planned a birthday meal ages ago, so you see my dear chap you should not judge or pass comments untill you know the reasons why, so they were said on the radio but were also ECHOED from people who were at the game and will of course in fixture make more of a EFFORT in trying to understand why you pre-judged me on my lack of EFFORT on going to the game.;):rolleyes:

Archived