Jambo a greeting fi gorgie

RoaldJensen

As many of you may know I no longer live in Scotland and my interest in Hearts is mainly historical and nostalgic these days.

I was home a couple of months ago (probably for the last time) and I ran into an old friend Norrie Watkins.

Norrie takes photographs ....lots of them.......He is a Gorgie and Hearts chronichler .

He gave me a CD (or DVD I dont know what it was) but it contains hundreds of images of Gorgie then and now and HMFC then and now. It also has a very impressive sound track.

Had me crying I must confess when I saw how good I looked 30 years ago, and there will be many people who use this site who will feature on the disc.

I dont know if he sells this because my copy was a freebie, but if he does do yourself a favour and get one.

His e-mail address is norman.watkins@bt internet.com thats how he wrote it down for me but I dont know if its upper or lower case.

I especially recomment this one to ex-pats .....it tugs the heart strings and really brings home what it means to be a Hearts supporter. Its called as the title says "Jambo a greeting fi Gorgie" and Im not getting paid for publicising it honestly.

bttt cos it really is worth it if youre a jambo

I,ll look into getting one for myself and my hubby, plus its something for the kids to enjoy when they,re old enough to appreciate it.

Put you people onto a really good thing and I cant understand the apathy.

This guy is a genius with a camera and he only charges what the discs cost him to buy. couple of quid tops I would guess.

Not a lot of money for thirty years work and he has pictures of things I forgot and I used to take for granted that are now lost forever.

In any case Ive got mine so Im ok I was just telling you about it.

Put you people onto a really good thing and I cant understand the apathy.

This guy is a genius with a camera and he only charges what the discs cost him to buy. couple of quid tops I would guess.

Not a lot of money for thirty years work and he has pictures of things I forgot and I used to take for granted that are now lost forever.

In any case Ive got mine so Im ok I was just telling you about it.

So maybe you should drop it as you've done more than enough to plug it?

Im seriously not plugging it I have absolutely nothing to gain from doing so I just thought I would share something that is unique I dont even know if the guy makes it available.

If I posted the hundreds of images it would take me forever.

Please stop being suspicious Im not romanov

Im seriously not plugging it I have absolutely nothing to gain from doing so I just thought I would share something that is unique I dont even know if the guy makes it available.

If I posted the hundreds of images it would take me forever.

Please stop being suspicious Im not romanov

I'm not being suspicious, just saying you have done all you can to promote it.

You've got it, so just let it lie, it's other peoples loss if they don't buy it.

well to be honest I dont even know if it is for sale.

I was merely pointing out something worth keeping that would probably cost less than a match day programme.

Im sorry if I offended anyone . I live in cyprus and have nothing to gain from saying this guys work is worth a look if you are at all interested in Gorgie or Hearts since he began taking photographs thirty years ago.

thats all folks sorry to have disturbed the pool

Libertonian_II

There's some turnaround here inasmuch as we have former Westend cop promoting Gorgie Jungle's most famous hooligan. Wow!

All we need is the original Begby(T) to complete the trilogy.....................

well to be honest I dont even know if it is for sale.

I was merely pointing out something worth keeping that would probably cost less than a match day programme.

Im sorry if I offended anyone . I live in cyprus and have nothing to gain from saying this guys work is worth a look if you are at all interested in Gorgie or Hearts since he began taking photographs thirty years ago.

thats all folks sorry to have disturbed the pool

Thanks for the heads-up Roald.

I've emailed the boy to see if its for sale.

Libertonian_II
never worked in the west end and norrie was a hooligan but he was great with a camera......:)

Sorry

Thought you had!

I'm sure he's got some great pics. NW was a legend in the early 70's

never worked in the west end and norrie was a hooligan but he was great with a camera......:)
Aye, I remember Norrie Watkins and Tommy Begbie, baith legends. Thanks a lot for letting us know and giving us possible access to this dvd/cd. I would love to get a copy but I like you am o/seas, will do ma best, Cheers Roald :smile:

Roald, no apathy on my part as I have just come across this thread and I will be emailing Norrie about the photos.

Thanks for the information.

Archived