The Singapore Grand Prix

andy1874hmfc

I never usually get this excited about a grand prix but this is set to be good. It is going to be the first formula one grand prix at night :eek:

In the practise today Alonso was fasted (I suppose it isn't really relevant though because it is only practise). The Qualifying starts at 3pm (BST) tomorrow (saturday). The actual Grand Prix is on Sunday at 1pm (BST)http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/7629454.stm

r092603A.jpg

s092636A.jpg

Hopefully DC can finish in the points:)

Grid positions for the Singapore Grand Prix:

1 F Massa (Bra) Ferrari 1min 44.801secs

2 L Hamilton (GB) McLaren 1:45.465

3 K Raikkonen (Fin) Ferrari 1:45.617

4 R Kubica (Pol) BMW Sauber 1:45.779

5 H Kovalainen (Fin) McLaren 1:45.873

6 S Vettel (Ger) Toro Rosso-Ferrari 1:46.244

7 T Glock (Ger) Toyota 1:46.328

8 N Rosberg (Ger) Williams-Toyota 1:46.611

9 N Heidfeld (Ger) BMW Sauber 1:45.964 *

10 K Nakajima (Jpn) Williams-Toyota 1:47.547

11 J Trulli (Ita) Toyota 1:45.038

12 J Button (GB) Honda 1:45.133

13 M Webber (Aus) Red Bull-Renault 1:45.212

14 D Coulthard (GB) Red Bull-Renault 1:45.298

15 F Alonso (Spa) Renault 1:44.971

16 N Piquet (Bra) Renault 1:46.037

17 S Bourdais (Fra) Toro Rosso-Ferrari 1:46.389

18 R Barrichello (Bra) Honda 1:46.583

19 A Sutil (Ger) Force India-Ferrari 1:47.940

20 G Fisichella (Ita) Force India-Ferrari, no time

Coulthard didn't do to well but I suppose it is about average for him. Surprised Hamilton didn't get pole postion but I think in general Massa is better at street races.

Arse 'Friends' Dyslexic?

Watched the qualifying and based on that the result could be decided upon who makes the least mistakes.

If it rains then it could be complete carnage! :eek:

If its dry then Massa should win.

Not a Hamilton fan but I'd rather he wins the WDC than Massa.

Good race. Turned on its head by the Piquet crash then, the absolute shambles by Ferrari in the Pits.

McLaren ahead in the constructors race and Hamilton increased his lead in the drivers.

Last three races should be interesting, with two on tracks where rain is normally prevalent.

It goes to show it is better to drive down the pit lane with a refuel hose attached to your car coming out in front of Sutil (again) - drive through penalty

Coming in for fuel when the safety car is out on track drive through penalty plus 10 seconds stop and go

It goes to show it is better to drive down the pit lane with a refuel hose attached to your car coming out in front of Sutil (again) - drive through penalty

Coming in for fuel when the safety car is out on track drive through penalty plus 10 seconds stop and go

Ferrari should be hammered for repeat offences and causing a highly dangerous situation. Not much was made of the fact that they turned the pit lane into a petrol swimming pool.

However, the FIA will need to get their heads out of that great big red Ferrari behind if they are going to do that..

Ferrari should be hammered for repeat offences and causing a highly dangerous situation. Not much was made of the fact that they turned the pit lane into a petrol swimming pool.

However, the FIA will need to get their heads out of that great big red Ferrari behind if they are going to do that..

That's a bit paranoid isn't it? Most of the teams have fuelling rig issues like that on occasion.

_45059002_massa_ap416.jpg

Shell at Maybury

It was funny watching the Ferrari technicians running down the pit lane, to try to get the fuel rig of Masses car, the Williams Mechanics were laughing there heads of and shouting at them go on run faster.

They were like the key stone cops, i thought they were going to try to hit the fuel release valve with a hammer as they could not get it to come off, it was funny.

That's a bit paranoid isn't it? Most of the teams have fuelling rig issues like that on occasion.

I think Ferrari have a semi automatic re fuelling system Tazio which other teams dont use.

I understand they have just thrown it in the skip.:P

I think Ferrari have a semi automatic re fuelling system Tazio which other teams dont use.

I understand they have just thrown it in the skip.:P

I'm pretty sure that the fuelling rigs are all identical and supplied by the FIA. They certainly were when refuelling was reintroduced.

Archived