Will Romanov ever return to Tynie.........

Clerry Jambo

I know it's not an original topic but does anyone else think it's a disgrace that you could count on 1 hand the number of times he has turned up at Tynie to watch the side in the last couple of years.

I would imagine a fair number of punters would be quite happy he stays in Lithuania but it does back up the argument that he has lost some interest in the club.

When you think he hardly missed a game home and away in THAT first season, now it appears he couldn't give a monkeys.

Are there many other Chairman who own their fitba club who behave in this manner??

Nucky Thompson
I know it's not an original topic but does anyone else think it's a disgrace that you could count on 1 hand the number of times he has turned up at Tynie to watch the side in the last couple of years.

I would imagine a fair number of punters would be quite happy he stays in Lithuania but it does back up the argument that he has lost some interest in the club.

When you think he hardly missed a game home and away in THAT first season, now it appears he couldn't give a monkeys.

Are there many other Chairman who own their fitba club who behave in this manner??

Maybe he has been advised to keep away from Tynie by Lothian and Borders finest in case some wee ***** wants to boot his hat from his head:kickhat: A bit like the Newcastle owner who was advised not to attend St James Park.

Yes there are but maybe not as disliked as he is.

Malcolm Glazer has only been to Old Trafford once or twice since he bought the club, though his sons make regular appearances.

The first signs of such happenings, started last season with Abramovich.

When was the last time Tom Farmer was at ER? Or are we talking exclusively about chairmen rather than owners?

I dont think Dermot Desmond is a regular at Darkheid.

The list is bigger than many think. These are only few examples of such.

He doesn't really need to, all he does is finance the club. His son Roman is the Chairman and he has all of his own men over here or travelling back and forward from Lithuania, the club is quite steady just now with Csaba in charge of team afairs, I'm not bothered he isn't turning up, I'd like to think he was waiting until we were top of the league or in cup finals etc before he comes back.

I was particularly annoyed ('shaking with rage' in fact), when one of our glorious leader's men (I think it was Fedotovas) stated that anyone who did not renew their season ticket was not a 'true supporter' given that the majority shareholder and chairman of the club can't be bothered to turn up at the games. I'm fairly sure it was part of the damage limitation statement that was put out following Romanov Junior's appalling performance at the AGM.

alwaysthereinspirit

Couldn't give a toss if he's there or not.

Maybe he's me and he's "alwaysthereinspirit"

marshallschunkychicken
Yawn

The OP has a decent point there though, John.

What I find difficult to understand is how he has lost interest to the point of not attending, but still allegedly would feel the need to play football manager himself by picking the team. Surely that sort of control, but remoteness from the action can be achieved by the actual 'Football Manager' game at a fraction of the cost....

marshallschunkychicken
The days when Vlad was jumping on supporters' busses seems like a long, long time ago. Roman's absence bothers me more though.

It doesn't bother me, to be honest. RR strikes me as being the biggest erse of the lot of them.

Some of the directors are abrasive. He seems abrasive, misinformed, and apathetic.

Yes there are but maybe not as disliked as he is.

Malcolm Glazer has only been to Old Trafford once or twice since he bought the club, though his sons make regular appearances.

The first signs of such happenings, started last season with Abramovich.

When was the last time Tom Farmer was at ER? Or are we talking exclusively about chairmen rather than owners?

I dont think Dermot Desmond is a regular at Darkheid.

The list is bigger than many think. These are only few examples of such.

The difference being - none of the above have ever been regulars at their respective clubs matches.

When we were good you couldn't keep VR away from the place.

But since the begining of the 2006/2007 Season VR has been to very few games - this has coincided with a period that saw our budget cut, our best players sold-off and the fortunes of the team were as bad as we've seen in 20 years.

The difference being - none of the above have ever been regulars at their respective clubs matches.

When we were good you couldn't keep VR away from the place.

But since the begining of the 2006/2007 Season VR has been to very few games - this has coincided with a period that saw our budget cut, our best players sold-off and the fortunes of the team were as bad as we've seen in 20 years.

5000 other people took the view that their ST was not value for money entertainment-wise over the summer. Romanov still provides financial support to the club even if he is not attending matches. Plus he also has further to travel than most club owners and ST holders.

This is just another weak attempt to have a go at Romanov. It is solely his decision whether he attends or not. HIs attendance record was never going to be maintained at the level of the early days.

5000 other people took the view that their ST was not value for money entertainment-wise over the summer. Romanov still provides financial support to the club even if he is not attending matches. Plus he also has further to travel than most club owners and ST holders.

This is just another weak attempt to have a go at Romanov. It is solely his decision whether he attends or not. HIs attendance record was never going to be maintained at the level of the early days.

So he's no longer going to matches because we're crap ?

IMO........

He enjoyed that first Season but realised that he didn't have the either the funds or the will to take us to the next level.

CJ, you seem to be on a downward spiral just now. Everything points to negativity.

Ok, i take your point but does a chairman really need to be at the club if he has capable men running it for him?

Does Vlad showing his coupon at Tynie make us all more confident the team will win? Don`t think so.

How he runs the club is the main thing and how he deals with the men he has given the reigns to.

Guest jambomickey

remember when he wanted the shares? he was never away! when things were going good he was always there waving the scarf etc, even going on a supporters bus and going to a familys door with flowers' see since he's been exposed as a paranoid control freak he's been in hiding like the coward he is

Was it last season where we played awful through a period, then Vlad came to a game and we played really well and beat Aberdeen, I think it was, quite convincingly?

:107years:

Jambos Till I Die

Give the man a break he has came to he club and look what he's one he won us the scottish cup in 2006/7 and 2nd in the league. Yes we had a bad last season but at least we split the old firm the season before one bad season shouldent make him you're enemy. Lets see how it gos this season we are doing all right so far

Nucky Thompson
Give the man a break he has came to he club and look what he's one he won us the scottish cup in 2006/7 and 2nd in the league. Yes we had a bad last season but at least we split the old firm the season before one bad season shouldent make him you're enemy. Lets see how it gos this season we are doing all right so far
Correct and there are people wondering why he isn't showing up at Tynie:rolleyes: if this is the abuse he takes on a messageboard I wonder why.

We got knocked out wi Dunfermline in the scottish cup 06/07!!! :P

2005/2006 season you mean!

one season we did well and could of done better.

the last two seasons have been a disgrace due to gross mismanagement.

this season we seem to be getting back on track but at this rate it'll take forever for us to win some trophies. if romanov gives CL more resources in january we could qualify for europe and have a chance of winning the scottish cup.

let's hope romanov backs his manager with quality and we manage to get rid of some overpaid dross.

Correct and there are people wondering why he isn't showing up at Tynie:rolleyes: if this is the abuse he takes on a messageboard I wonder why.

Utter nonsense.

He stopped going at the begining of 2006/2007 - the abuse towards him then was minimal.

What was the excuse then ?

IIRC it was posted on JKB that it was UBIG's year end results blah blah - that turned out to be utter nonsense aswell.

He doesn't want to be here because he failed to beat the OF.

Nucky Thompson
Utter nonsense.
And you know for a fact that some kind of threat wasn't made against VR in the last 18 months.

It basically boils down to this. He showed up all the time in 05-06 season because he still wasnt that well known in scottish football so wanted his mug to get known and recognised. He wanted to make a name for himself and create publicity and get everybody talking about him. Now he has achieved this and he is now known to everybody in scottish football he doesnt have to show up anymore, hence why he's not been here for 2 seasons.

Guest jambomickey
It basically boils down to this. He showed up all the time in 05-06 season because he still wasnt that well known in scottish football so wanted his mug to get known and recognised. He wanted to make a name for himself and create publicity and get everybody talking about him. Now he has achieved this and he is now known to everybody in scottish football he doesnt have to show up anymore, hence why he's not been here for 2 seasons.

he showed up then because most things he said and did then was correct! since then he's made a pigs ear of things and is a coward

Personally I hope that he stays away until the end of the season and allows the people running the club to get on with their jobs free from interference. I would be delighted to see him again in May for our open topped bus parade with the Scottish Cup again.

and the rix aoppointment! like i say i think all he was doing in that 1st season was making a name for himself, to get in the public eye. As they say any publicity is good publicity. well according to vlad it is but for us, the fans, it was embarrassing and disheartening

Guest jambomickey
Personally I hope that he stays away until the end of the season and allows the people running the club to get on with their jobs free from interference. I would be delighted to see him again in May for our open topped bus parade with the Scottish Cup again.

i'd be delighted to see the scottish cup being paraded through edinburgh at the end of the season but with that mad paranoid control freak long gone

Guest jambomickey
and the rix aoppointment! like i say i think all he was doing in that 1st season was making a name for himself, to get in the public eye. As they say any publicity is good publicity. well according to vlad it is but for us, the fans, it was embarrassing and disheartening

graham rix after talking with ranieri, sir bobby robson etc! that's when i first thought the guy was pulling the wool over our eyes

CJ, you seem to be on a downward spiral just now. Everything points to negativity.

Ok, i take your point but does a chairman really need to be at the club if he has capable men running it for him?

Does Vlad showing his coupon at Tynie make us all more confident the team will win? Don`t think so.

How he runs the club is the main thing and how he deals with the men he has given the reigns to.

Hold it Debut - yes I am very negative and downbeat about the club at the moment but the reasons have been well documented - the point I am trying to make about Romanov is he has hardly been near Gorgie in 2 years - is that not a tad strange??

Our club has been a circus for the last 2 years and we need some sort of leadership on and off the park - if Vlad was here I may be more assured that he has the clubs best interests at heart - simple as that!!

I don't actually care. He could run the club from the moon as long it's done in a fit and proper manner which up until now is debateable.

I don't actually care. He could run the club from the moon as long it's done in a fit and proper manner which up until now is debateable.

Without doubt Samster - but how can a guy that hardly missed a game in the first season be nowhere near the club in difficult times - I think I know the answer to my own question, but just interested in other thoughts.

1 MAN has divided the Hearts support - guess who:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Hold it Debut - yes I am very negative and downbeat about the club at the moment but the reasons have been well documented - the point I am trying to make about Romanov is he has hardly been near Gorgie in 2 years - is that not a tad strange??

Our club has been a circus for the last 2 years and we need some sort of leadership on and off the park - if Vlad was here I may be more assured that he has the clubs best interests at heart - simple as that!!

I suppose your post sums up all that is wrong at hearts just now.At present as stated on another thread, Hearts amount to around 13% of UBIGS total interests at this moment(please tell me if i am wrong),and the world is in the midst of the biggest financial meltdown since the wall st crash.It doesn't really surprise me VR has been absent given his other global interests.The sore point however is that he has NOBODY in place here in edinburgh that he trusts to run the show and try to appease the fans,,he as to do it himself, to me that is his biggest failing,no trust!

I suppose your post sums up all that is wrong at hearts just now.At present as stated on another thread, Hearts amount to around 13% of UBIGS total interests at this moment(please tell me if i am wrong),and the world is in the midst of the biggest financial meltdown since the wall st crash.It doesn't really surprise me VR has been absent given his other global interests.The sore point however is that he has NOBODY in place here in edinburgh that he trusts to run the show and try to appease the fans,,he as to do it himself, to me that is his biggest failing,no trust!

Buit he's been absent for almost 2 years !!

When his Aluminium Plant was making him fortunes he still wan't here.

If he wanted to be here he would be here.

Buit he's been absent for almost 2 years !!

When his Aluminium Plant was making him fortunes he still wan't here.

If he wanted to be here he would be here.

you may be right but my last statement was also right

Francis Albert
Thats the thing for all the guys failings he is a Hearts fan. Vlad well......

I think that's is the simple reason why one attends and one doesn't.

Where does CPR live?

Where does Vlad?

Why does Romanov own us? What does he get out of it? He doesn't watch the games and I cant imagine it's for profit, cause there isn't any. The selling the ground for flats argument is just bull as its way too much hassle to own us for so long if that was the case.

So, what does he get out of it??

Why does Romanov own us? What does he get out of it? He doesn't watch the games and I cant imagine it's for profit, cause there isn't any. The selling the ground for flats argument is just bull as its way too much hassle to own us for so long if that was the case.

So, what does he get out of it??

We/he won the cup once. He's bored now.

Build the new stand etc and sell up at a profit and move on.

Do you think he is a supporter in the same way the rest of us are, even CPR? This, IMO, is just another football club to him.

Yes, of course it is but it is one he owns.

( 1 man has ? the hearts support ) . Can someone explain his reason for doing this ?

The support is not divided. Nothing is new. The more games we win the more fans will turn up.

Guest jambomickey
Yes, of course it is but it is one he owns.

The support is not divided. Nothing is new. The more games we win the more fans will turn up.

the more games we win the more likely the clown will sack the manager

( 1 man has ? the hearts support ) . Can someone explain his reason for doing this ?

The Hearts support has divided opinions that is not the same as one person dividing the support either by purpose or accident ... how could anyone manage to predict how to split a support? Romanov makes his decisions on what he sees or feels is best in his mind or suits his purposes and people then disagree whether this is a good or a bad thing.

Archived