Players Paid

malcmac

Haven't seen this on another thread, apologies if I am repeating this.

BBC Website, for some reason the link won't copy, So.....

Hearts say they have the problem with staff wages and players and non-football staff have have been paid.

The club blamed a "technical hitch" for the delay to payments which should have gone through last Friday.

"Payment has now been processed as planned and a similar situation is highly unlikely to arise again," said a statement on the Hearts website.

"The minor error that occurred has not affected the running of the club in any way, all staff are working as normal."

Backroom staff were expecting to receive their monthly salary on 24 September, but, after being summoned to a meeting on Tuesday, they were informed that this would not be the case.

The club said they would be paid on Friday, but have done so earlier.

Earlier on Wednesday club captain Christophe Berra reassured fans that the players had no intention of going on strike over the problem.

At least Larry might be able to afford to pay the leccy bill now!

200milesfromgorgie

Heartsfc.co.uk will have the headline 'Together' on friday. The feature will show the player all going to the cash machine 'TOGETHER ' to get out their wages. it'll be full PR gold. Meanwhile the 'doom mongers' will be changing the dirty soiled pants after a week of "i hate the evening hobo/daily rankers but still read them and get wound up by them on a daily basis"

Samaritans are there for you.

Bring on the derby.

Nelly Terraces
http://www.heartsfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/HeartsNewsDetail/0,,10289~1402128,00.html

"Payment to staff and players has now been processed as planned and a similar situation is highly unlikely to arise again in the future.

So does that mean the money is in their accounts then?

Why? Thinkin of tapping up Nade for a lend of a few quid?:P

Heartsfc.co.uk will have the headline 'Together' on friday. The feature will show the player all going to the cash machine 'TOGETHER ' to get out their wages. it'll be full PR gold.

:biggrin:

Chad Sexington
Why? Thinkin of tapping up Nade for a lend of a few quid?:P

I'm on my laptop, in the bushes near McDonald's as I type this.

He's got to show eventually.

:P

Jam Tarts 1874
:biggrin:

This afternoon's statement from Hearts must be devastating news for our regular pitch-fork merchants and financial "experts".

...and I'm outside Bar Roma. No team bookings have been made so far.

Anyone near the Tranent Go-karting?

Buffalo Bill

Nelly Terraces

It won't be long till you spot the Nadmeister General tucking into a 'supersize me' quarter pounder, 24 x chicky nuggets, fries, apple pie and extra gigantic strawberry thick shake mate, I can assure you that! Bloke must be starvin after not being able to afford his usual light bite treat after training!;)

...and I'm outside Bar Roma. No team bookings have been made so far.

Anyone near the Tranent Go-karting?

Buffalo Bill

Apparently the players don't go here anymore as ex-tablebooker Stevie Frail forgot to include the restaurant's telephone number in his handover notes.

Tablebooker wanted, apply within.

It won't be long till you spot the Nadmeister General tucking into a 'supersize me' quarter pounder, 24 x chicky nuggets, fries, apple pie and extra gigantic strawberry thick shake mate, I can assure you that! Bloke must be starvin after not being able to afford his usual light bite treat after training!;)

is he on a diet?:eek:

Well that kills the script for BBC Sportsound tonight then!

I thought I had heard over the top scaremongering from Chico, Murdo and the rest of the BBC Weegie Mafia previously but their comments last night reached a new level!

Well that kills the script for BBC Sportsound tonight then!

I thought I had heard over the top scaremongering from Chico, Murdo and the rest of the BBC Weegie Mafia previously but their comments last night reached a new level!

It was sickening I had to switch off after about 15 minutes of it.

Malinga the Swinga

Can't be bothered listening to radio Scotland tonight but has there been any update from them re apology about last nights rumour mongering. i presume Chick Young, Murdo MacLeod and Jim Spence have all apologised for saying we were out of business.

Please forgive me as I read Chick's blog on BBC and he now says we will survive, but are only on short leash of Romanov. Surprisingly, supporters from other clubs think he has written good article. I wish the same fate for them.

Not been online much during this whole debacle, and don't want to start threads that have over five hundred replies, BUT, has anybody came up with an answer to this question?

IF the story that Hearts is reporting is 100% correct and it was an administrative problem, why didn't they sort out the players and staff financially as soon as the error was noticed? Why would it take a whole week?

Not been online much during this whole debacle, and don't want to start threads that have over five hundred replies, BUT, has anybody came up with an answer to this question?

IF the story that Hearts is reporting is 100% correct and it was an administrative problem, why didn't they sort out the players and staff financially as soon as the error was noticed? Why would it take a whole week?

I wonder that if it was Sergi's "fault", as alluded to in the DR (*spit*) today, that perhaps he never owned up straight away, hence the delay? NOt saying he was covering his tracks, rather trying to find a solution that didn't mean telling VR what he had (or hadn't) actually done.

I somehow think that the lines of communication at VR HQ are somewhat one way and autocratic. One is reminded of the Bhrezhnevite years of stagnation.

I wonder that if it was Sergi's "fault", as alluded to in the DR (*spit*) today, that perhaps he never owned up straight away, hence the delay? NOt saying he was covering his tracks, rather trying to find a solution that didn't mean telling VR what he had (or hadn't) actually done.

I somehow think that the lines of communication at VR HQ are somewhat one way and autocratic. One is reminded of the Bhrezhnevite years of stagnation.

You beat me to it.

http://www.heartsfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/HeartsNewsDetail/0,,10289~1402128,00.html

"Payment to staff and players has now been processed as planned and a similar situation is highly unlikely to arise again in the future.

So does that mean the money is in their accounts then?

The money / BACS process was authourised by the bank early yesterday.

We do not have the full story, but I can suggest one scenario:

- UBIG transferred the funds to HBOS on time but it was sent to the wrong IBAN address.

- As UBIG keep their money in investments they do not have significant sums in their company account to make an immediate transfer when the 'glitch' comes to light.

- UBIG wait for the 'missing' funds to be located before re-transferring to HBOS.

- HBOS needs 3 days to process the salaries.

Of course it could just be that UBIG required a wee payment holiday.

The money / BACS process was authourised by the bank early yesterday.

If they paid by CHAPS it would trasferred the same day.

spoke to one of the staff today and was told they are not nearly as bothered about this as press, actual staff get paid monthly and they were not due to be paid till today, but have been told by accounts that the button was pressed yesterday for salaries and will be in accts friday

So from what i see, no-one actually has the money in their account yet. Until the money is physically in there, i don't know what to believe!

I'm still not convinced unfortunately. I hope i'm wrong, but its not looking good.

spoke to one of the staff today and was told they are not nearly as bothered about this as press, actual staff get paid monthly and they were not due to be paid till today, but have been told by accounts that the button was pressed yesterday for salaries and will be in accts friday

So from what i see, no-one actually has the money in their account yet. Until the money is physically in there, i don't know what to believe!

I'm still not convinced unfortunately. I hope i'm wrong, but its not looking good.

Have a wee read of the post two before yours. Hopefully will put your mind at ease.

Have a wee read of the post two before yours. Hopefully will put your mind at ease.

We've also been promised many other things by HMFC and it hasn't been delivered!!

We'll see what happens tomorrow i suppose. I hope i'm wrong, but i'm still not confident.

We've also been promised many other things by HMFC and it hasn't been delivered!!

We'll see what happens tomorrow i suppose. I hope i'm wrong, but i'm still not confident.

What exactly are you expecting though? Instant cash into folks accounts?

Tell you what, you do my worrying for me too. It seems a waste for more than one of us to sit on the kazi all day...:1092:

Archived