People want to believe...

The Merse

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Couldn't agree more. It's pathetic.

You can't say anything which isn't towing the party line or you are branded 'negative' or a 'doom and gloom merchant'

If Hearts closed tomorrow I geniunely believe this people would still come out with the same crap.

That people want to believe the worst. And thrive and revel on branding everybody doom mongers and wrist slashers.

Discuss.

You're obviously gutted. Has everything worked out ok?

Obviously.

I'm desperate for Hearts to go bust.

if we're doomed to fail then I'd rather not know. I'd rather just live with my head in the clouds and enjoy what (little?) time there is left.

therefore until I'm actually sitting in murrayfield watching the likes of Elliot Neilson and Mole prance around the park, then I'll be a Romanov backer.

Jam Tarts 1874
Couldn't agree more. It's pathetic.

You can't say anything which isn't towing the party line or you are branded 'negative' or a 'doom and gloom merchant'

If Hearts closed tomorrow I geniunely believe this people would still come out with the same crap.

You are missing the point. The point is that the likes of you would rather believe any old garbage posted on here or told to you in the pub or made up by the media than actually pay attention to the facts.

If Hearts are not closed tomorrow, I genuinely believe that some people will just keep coming out with the same "we're doomed" crap.

I think the point is that over the last three or so years there has been that much ****e going on at Hearts that people no longer no what or who to believe.

The polarisation on this board is boring and while everyone is entitled to their view, the ultimate goal for everyone is surely to see a succesful Heart of Midlothian on and off the field.

Point scorig and oneupmanship from either side is counter productive, facile and irritating to the vast majority who simply want to try to understand what is going on.

Adult discussion would perhaps make this board more enjoyable too, but that is just imo.

I think the point is that over the last three or so years there has been that much ****e going on at Hearts that people no longer no what or who to believe.

The polarisation on this board is boring and while everyone is entitled to their view, the ultimate goal for everyone is surely to see a succesful Heart of Midlothian on and off the field.

Point scorig and oneupmanship from either side is counter productive, facile and irritating to the vast majority who simply want to try to understand what is going on.

Adult discussion would perhaps make this board more enjoyable too, but that is just imo.

It is much more interesting when the discussion is civil. And a diversity of views represented in civil terms is the most interesting discussion of all.

if we're doomed to fail then I'd rather not know. I'd rather just live with my head in the clouds and enjoy what (little?) time there is left.

therefore until I'm actually sitting in murrayfield watching the likes of Elliot Neilson and Mole prance around the park, then I'll be a Romanov backer.

I am glad we were not all of that ilk in the Robinson era.

The point scoring is terrible.

Threads descend into sarcasm from about 5 posts in usually. If there is a bit of positive news then posters will sarcastically start typing Mad Vald out, where are the doom-mongers now etc before said posters even get a chance to post their opinion on the matter an argument breaks out.

I think what we are seeing is that those most critical of Vlad for his lack of honesty have in turn become just like him, and just as (if not more) disingenuous in their striving to paint him as the baddie at every turn.

The funniest irony is that they do honestly yet misguidedly seem to regard themselves as being, and I quote, "realists" when all they do is spam and propagate propaganda to a level that Charlie Mann could only have fantasised about! They see harmful rumour as truth, and innuendo as the means of doubting anything that is contrary to their agenda. Thus they question anything that purports to be truth or is merely good news ie statements on the Hearts website - straight off the fax machine innit?. They call this having an "open and questioning mind" - which is also quite amusing.

The point scoring is terrible.

Threads descend into sarcasm from about 5 posts in usually. If there is a bit of positive news then posters will sarcastically start typing Mad Vald out, where are the doom-mongers now etc before said posters even get a chance to post their opinion on the matter an argument breaks out.

Hard to diasgree but what can be done to stop it - separate boards , draconian moderators ? I don't know either.

I think what we are seeing is that those most critical of Vlad for his lack of honesty have in turn become just like him, and just as (if not more) disingenuous in their striving to paint him as the baddie at every turn.

The funniest irony is that they do honestly yet misguidedly seem to regard themselves as being, and I quote, "realists" when all they do is spam and propagate propaganda to a level that Charlie Mann could only have fantasised about! They see harmful rumour as truth, and innuendo as the means of doubting anything that is contrary to their agenda. Thus they question anything that purports to be truth or is merely good news ie statements on the Hearts website - straight off the fax machine innit?. They call this having an "open and questioning mind" - which is also quite amusing.

Um, if you are referring to a post that I made earlier about today's statement, then that is the first time (I believe - can't discount booze-filled boredom) that I have done so. My point was only that sometimes people on this board seem to follow everything that is 'official news' as complete fact. Company statements often mean f. all.

Look at Lehman Brothers - up until the final days they were still trying to convince their staff that not everybody would be binned.

That comment aside, I wouldn't say I'm on either side. The only side I think I'm on is that that would like to get back to football being about...

...watching football.

Doubt it will happen though. I'm sure by the end of the year I too be making my 45,000th post while scraping "VALD OUT" into my forehead with a rusty screwdriver.

In my opinion the bottom line is that until Romanov is gone we are going to continue to have a divided support and because of that his exit cannot come soon enough for me.

He has very clearly lost all interest in Hearts as a football club though it is still unclear to this day what his exact motives and end game are. It's certainly not however got anything to do with making us a success on the pitch.

The paranoia that has engulfed the club and its support over the last two years and the continued lack of trust in anything that goes on has been created soley by Romanov and his regime. We are utterly rudderless (though thankfully we do at least have a decent guy in the dugout for the first time is ages) and have nobody in a position of authority to give us an honest, coherent idea of what is happening re finances, stadium, team building, latest targets or ambitions.

Each person has their own 'best guess' at what will happen. Mine, well I really hope people with HMFC's best interests at heart and with connections to other's with financial clout are already planning ahead because as things stand I think we are a ticking time bomb.

Um, if you are referring to a post that I made earlier about today's statement, then that is the first time (I believe - can't discount booze-filled boredom) that I have done so. My point was only that sometimes people on this board seem to follow everything that is 'official news' as complete fact. Company statements often mean f. all.

Look at Lehman Brothers - up until the final days they were still trying to convince their staff that not everybody would be binned.

That comment aside, I wouldn't say I'm on either side. The only side I think I'm on is that that would like to get back to football being about...

...watching football.

Doubt it will happen though. I'm sure by the end of the year I too be making my 45,000th post while scraping "VALD OUT" into my forehead with a rusty screwdriver.

Nope I responded to the post your speak of in the thread where you wrote it. There are others whom I am not allowed to name whom I was thinking of.

In my opinion the bottom line is that until Romanov is gone we are going to continue to have a divided support and because of that his exit cannot come soon enough for me.

He has very clearly lost all interest in Hearts as a football club though it is still unclear to this day what his exact motives and end game are. It's certainly not however got anything to do with making us a success on the pitch.

The paranoia that has engulfed the club and its support over the last two years and the continued lack of trust in anything that goes on has been created soley by Romanov and his regime. We are utterly rudderless (though thankfully we do at least have a decent guy in the dugout for the first time is ages) and have nobody in a position of authority to give us an honest, coherent idea of what is happening re finances, stadium, team building, latest targets or ambitions.

Each person has their own 'best guess' at what will happen. Mine, well I really hope people with HMFC's best interests at heart and with connections to other's with financial clout are already planning ahead because as things stand I think we are a ticking time bomb.

You write the funniest posts.

Obviously.

I'm desperate for Hearts to go bust.

Yes, we start again at the bottom and work our way up, jumpers for goalposts, we sell Tynecastle and clear our debts, we can form a new club and call them Hearts of something else and we will be free from Romanov.

Some are not deliberately trying to be negative, they are just gullible fools who believe everything they read no matter how unlikely. The story about the players on the verge of striking for instance, a complete fabrication deliberately written to get a reaction/ fit into a pretty transparent anti Hearts agenda, yet how many actually believed it to be gospel simply because it was written in the papers and 'there's no smoke without fire'?

Papers exagerrate stories, and in some cases simply make stuff up, don't believe everything you read. Just because some actual factual information sprinkled through a story to give it a ring of truth doesn't mean the entire article is 100% true.

Let's try a wee experiment, one of the following sentences is true, see if you can spot which one: Mike Tullberg is set for a place on the bench against Dundee Utd. The Daily Numpty understands that he is Vladimir Romanov's love child who he fathered with Michael Jackson't monkey Bubbles during a trip to the moon.

If you thought the first one was true you are truly an astute Kickbacker, able to spot a wind up when you see one, no flies on you. If you thought it was the latter you are a gullible fool, watch out or you may be mistaken for a doom merchant on Kickback.

Yes, we start again at the bottom and work our way up, jumpers for goalposts, we sell Tynecastle and clear our debts, we can form a new club and call them Hearts of something else and we will be free from Romanov.

Jumpers for goalposts don't met FIFA regulations. If a new club needs to be formed, we'll need that sorted before we can even join the Scottish Football League.

You are missing the point. The point is that the likes of you would rather believe any old garbage posted on here or told to you in the pub or made up by the media than actually pay attention to the facts.

If Hearts are not closed tomorrow, I genuinely believe that some people will just keep coming out with the same "we're doomed" crap.

Fortunately, I am intelligent enough to make up my own mind and form my own opinions.

I rarely read the papers to be honest. They are full of ****.

Not trying to spoil your wee theory or anything.

Top post I totally agree

The romanov regime will be remembered as round every corner a disaster waiting to happen.

Wish he would just sell up

As we all know though there is nobody else out there.

So we just have to live with the status quo

Some are not deliberately trying to be negative, they are just gullible fools who believe everything they read no matter how unlikely. The story about the players on the verge of striking for instance, a complete fabrication deliberately written to get a reaction/ fit into a pretty transparent anti Hearts agenda, yet how many actually believed it to be gospel simply because it was written in the papers and 'there's no smoke without fire'?

Papers exagerrate stories, and in some cases simply make stuff up, don't believe everything you read. Just because some actual factual information sprinkled through a story to give it a ring of truth doesn't mean the entire article is 100% true.

Let's try a wee experiment, one of the following sentences is true, see if you can spot which one: Mike Tullberg is set for a place on the bench against Dundee Utd. The Daily Numpty understands that he is Vladimir Romanov's love child who he fathered with Michael Jackson't monkey Bubbles during a trip to the moon.

If you thought the first one was true you are truly an astute Kickbacker, able to spot a wind up when you see one, no flies on you. If you thought it was the latter you are a gullible fool, watch out or you may be mistaken for a doom merchant on Kickback.

Just like the ones that "Believed" as you say gullible fools.

Top post I totally agree

The romanov regime will be remembered as round every corner a disaster waiting to happen.

Wish he would just sell up

As we all know though there is nobody else out there.

So we just have to live with the status quo

Aye,what ever you want rents.

It is much more interesting when the discussion is civil. And a diversity of views represented in civil terms is the most interesting discussion of all.

Indeed.

I wasn't trying to say that people shouldn't put their point of view across. It is, as you say, the way we tell them!

That people want to believe the worst. And thrive and revel on branding everybody doom mongers and wrist slashers.

Discuss.

It's a very sound point.

I guess there are two positions in this latest episode which could be branded extreme or "hysterical".

One is that the non-payment of the wages is a figment of the media's imagination, the latest chapter in the tabloids' conspiracy against Hearts.

At the other pole you have the claims last night that Hearts were going to the wall this week.

My guess is that the former brand of hysteria is represented in about ten times as many posts as the the latter. But it's only the latter brand that receives any attention from those who post about posters rather than issues.

I don't understand why.

Cracking post Spell :bravo:

chester copperpot

I doubt you'd find a proper hearts fan that doesn't want to (for want of a better word 'Believe') however there's different breaking points amongst fans.

I think everyone on here would do well to not abuse fellow posters, regardless of their stance.

Thats my take on it anyway.

I am a 'Together' person at the moment, but am a bit worried about things.

I find it amusing when the people who call themselves 'realists' insist on basing thier arguments on completely fabricated assumptions and that 'its happened in the past'.

Sheriff Fatman
It's a very sound point.

I guess there are two positions in this latest episode which could be branded extreme or "hysterical".

One is that the non-payment of the wages is a figment of the media's imagination, the latest chapter in the tabloids' conspiracy against Hearts.

At the other pole you have the claims last night that Hearts were going to the wall this week.

My guess is that the former brand of hysteria is represented in about ten times as many posts as the the latter. But it's only the latter brand that receives any attention from those who post about posters rather than issues.

I don't understand why.

I think you need to read the relevant threads again. One thread on Friday had a few posts at the beginning doubting the story, since then the posts claiming that paying wages late is a sure sign of financial meltdown within Hearts and UBIG outnumbered the former by about 50 to 1, totally ignoring any post that pointed out that whilst wage problems are unfortunate, they are a regular occurrence and happen in companies far bigger and in far better financial shape than Hearts..

Discuss.

I think the power of the media is ridiculous and they have to take a huge amount of blame for winding-up supporters.

It starts of that Hearts haven`t paid wages then it spiralled into stories about the debt again etc... load of pesh.

I find it amusing when the people who call themselves 'realists' insist on basing thier arguments on completely fabricated assumptions and that 'its happened in the past'.

Even you were worried yesterday, after posts and posts of 'it's all OK'.

Don't deny it.

I think you need to read the relevant threads again. One thread on Friday had a few posts at the beginning doubting the story, since then the posts claiming that paying wages late is a sure sign of financial meltdown within Hearts and UBIG outnumbered the former by about 50 to 1, totally ignoring any post that pointed out that whilst wage problems are unfortunate, they are a regular occurrence and happen in companies far bigger and in far better financial shape than Hearts..

There were posts on Friday calling for those who broke the story to be banned from here.

There are countless posts on here - made today - which are still treating the whole story as a weegie media affront to Hearts. As if the non-payment of wages hadn't actually happened. This is almost worse than hysteria, it's absolute delusion.

Given that the information coming out of Hearts is, at best, suspect - one statement is superseded by another - it's imperative that people are allowed to make up their own minds based on the information they have, rather than having other posters who know no better trying to dissuade them from discussing the topic.

Sheriff Fatman
There were posts on Friday calling for those who broke the story to be banned from here.

There are countless posts on here - made today - which are still treating the whole story as a weegie media affront to Hearts. As if the non-payment of wages hadn't actually happened. This is almost worse than hysteria, it's absolute delusion.

Given that the information coming out of Hearts is, at best, suspect - one statement is superseded by another - it's imperative that people are allowed to make up their own minds based on the information they have, rather than having other posters who know no better trying to dissuade them from discussing the topic.

Those posts calling for bans were stupid, I agree.

The media reporting on the story has been over the top and sensationalist, you don't see them printing major headlines about the myriad of other companies that have had technical problems with their wages over the years.

It may be imperative that people be allowed to make up their own minds. But when they post guff about how a minor problem with bank transfers shows that Hearts are poised to go bust without the slightest evidence other than something that happens every week in hundreds of companies then they should expect to be told that they are talking out of their backsides.

Those posts calling for bans were stupid, I agree.

The media reporting on the story has been over the top and sensationalist, you don't see them printing major headlines about the myriad of other companies that have had technical problems with their wages over the years.

It may be imperative that people be allowed to make up their own minds. But when they post guff about how a minor problem with bank transfers shows that Hearts are poised to go bust without the slightest evidence other than something that happens every week in hundreds of companies then they should expect to be told that they are talking out of their backsides.

I agree that over-the-top reporting should be condemned. On the other hand, some of the reporting I've read has been very reasonable. A Rangers-supporting colleague today expressed amazement at how low-key the coverage had been, given that it was, in his opinion, currently the biggest story in the SPL. I suppose it depends what you read - I'm not a tabloid consumer myself.

As someone who freely admits to not knowing much about finance, I have found the last five days concerning. I've never worked for an employer who has failed to pay me on time. And I'm really not aware of wages not being paid on time in other football clubs frequently; in the cases I am aware of in the past, it has been a prelude to trouble.

Even you were worried yesterday, after posts and posts of 'it's all OK'.

Don't deny it.

I only began to put some stock in the story when people i know and trust started to suggest some things, and I got calls to the same effect.

Up till then, I was totally unconvinced.

Having not been online the past couple of days, browsing this board this evening has made for some very interesting reading. It's entirely natural for people to assume the worst; especially given the way this club's been run over the past couple of years. It's also entirely natural, and in the finest Kickback traditions, for some posters to have a pop at those with a doomy outlook on things, and vice versa.

The truth is, none of us can possibly know for sure how serious this problem has been, and whether it's a sign of much bigger trouble ahead, or just a one-off. Only time will tell. What I do believe, though, is that to quote Charlie Mann from a year or two back, Romanov is asset rich, but cash poor - and it does not follow that it's easy to gain liquidity when your assets are apparently strong.

How susceptible will UBIG and UKIO be to the credit crunch? Who knows? But as my friend macbeth has pointed out in his analysis of Hearts' accounts, the average time taken for Hearts to pay off bills has risen from 36 days, to 47 days, and finally to 82 days by 2007; and the money for Velicka reportedly went to Hearts, and not Kaunas. Both are probably indicative of regular short-term cashflow problems, and neither can be considered a good sign as far as the future is concerned.

But there is a world of difference between short-term cashflow issues and a club backed by a man rich in assets being about to go under: and while I can understand the fears some have expressed on here, I don't think they're justified.

I only began to put some stock in the story when people i know and trust started to suggest some things, and I got calls to the same effect.

Up till then, I was totally unconvinced.

Maybe others got these 'things' suggested to them before you got the calls from your people.

Sheriff Fatman
I agree that over-the-top reporting should be condemned. On the other hand, some of the reporting I've read has been very reasonable. A Rangers-supporting colleague today expressed amazement at how low-key the coverage had been, given that it was, in his opinion, currently the biggest story in the SPL. I suppose it depends what you read - I'm not a tabloid consumer myself.

As someone who freely admits to not knowing much about finance, I have found the last five days concerning. I've never worked for an employer who has failed to pay me on time. And I'm really not aware of wages not being paid on time in other football clubs frequently; in the cases I am aware of in the past, it has been a prelude to trouble.

It was not even a story. It happens in every industry with monotonous regularity, it might not happen in football clubs frequently, but football clubs make up an incredibly small proportion of those organisations that pay wages, and within the whole lot it is not that uncommon. Technical problems with wages and/or bank transfers are very rarely a prelude to trouble, they are usually due to human mistakes or computer errors.

It was not even a story. It happens in every industry with monotonous regularity, it might not happen in football clubs frequently, but football clubs make up an incredibly small proportion of those organisations that pay wages, and within the whole lot it is not that uncommon. Technical problems with wages and/or bank transfers are very rarely a prelude to trouble, they are usually due to human mistakes or computer errors.

I think this is wrong. Nothing I've read from any posters or any other sources I would trust suggests that this was a technical hitch. It seems to me there is a cash-flow problem. Even though I've confessed to being a financial novice, I think these are two entirely different types of problem.

If another SPL club hadn't paid its staff, would you expect the story to be reported or not?

Maybe others got these 'things' suggested to them before you got the calls from your people.

Well that would be silly wouldnt it.

Thats why I found out where the info came from and made sure it wasnt simply a rehash of the same story.

Sheriff Fatman
I think this is wrong. Nothing I've read from any posters or any other sources I would trust suggests that this was a technical hitch. It seems to me there is a cash-flow problem. Even though I've confessed to being a financial novice, I think these are two entirely different types of problem.

If another SPL club hadn't paid its staff, would you expect the story to be reported or not?

I really doubt a single poster here has the intimate knowledge of the finances at Hearts to even begin to know if the wage problem was caused by cash flow problems or not, and if they did they would be really stupid to post it on here. From the balance of probabilities of seeing and experiencing how these problems arise in a multitude of differing companies with differing finances, all I can say is that the odds of it not being a simple human or computer error are akin to Hibs winning the next two Scottish Cups in a row. If it was a cash flow problem, the likelyhood is that the cash wasn't transferred in time, not that it wasn't there in the first place.

scott herbertson
It's a very sound point.

I don't understand why.

I think the former is represented by about 1% of the posters. The latter by about 5% and the vast majority (including me) wanted to wait and see what the facts were before jumping to conclusions

i certainly saw very veyr few posts which believed it was a made up story, and quite a few who wanted to 'believe the worst' or 'assume the worst'

Archived