the daily record

jamcow1

now saturday was the first day i had the whole day off and was able to go and enjoy the game with a few beers and not worry bout having to go back to work or swap shifts or any crap like that. was looking forward to it all week. i got up early went down to the bookies put my lines on and picked up the paper then headed straight to the pub that the bus leaves from.

after looking at the back page and all this crud about players not getting paid i just rolled my eyes and thought 'here we go'. all the way up on the bus i listned to the radio and the various reports about the wages being paid nxt week.

wasnt till after the game, when a jambo came on the radio and had a go at traynor and his publication (the record) for printing the story in the first place as it was apperently considered a non story by the records chief competitior. at te time i agreed with traynor that anthing that sells papers is a story and that is just what the papers do, i didnt believe for one minute their was any aggenda against hearts buy one paper or the other.

but since then after reading the sunday papers and every other day since from the same publication i think im seeing that the record seems to be hell bent on causing panic and having a dig at hearts in any way the can.

now this threadf is just to see if iam being paranoid or silly cuz i consider myself quite level headed and have never considered not buying a paper for reasons to do with bias against my club, but i find myself at that stage.

so am i being paranoid? have i finally flipped? or is their a few out their who think the same?

Chad Sexington

The ****** is a filthy rag and all it's "journalists" are the s c u m of the earth.

Any Hearts fan who buys it should realise they are paying people like Jackson's and Ralston's wages.

People who would delight in us going out of business.

Quite frankly the Record should be as persona non grata in Edinburgh as the Sun was (and still is) in Liverpool. The record never fails in it's anti Edinburgh attitude and should even be used to wraps chips in here.

What they don't know, they make up.

now saturday was the first day i had the whole day off and was able to go and enjoy the game with a few beers and not worry bout having to go back to work or swap shifts or any crap like that. was looking forward to it all week. i got up early went down to the bookies put my lines on and picked up the paper then headed straight to the pub that the bus leaves from.

after looking at the back page and all this crud about players not getting paid i just rolled my eyes and thought 'here we go'. all the way up on the bus i listned to the radio and the various reports about the wages being paid nxt week.

wasnt till after the game, when a jambo came on the radio and had a go at traynor and his publication (the record) for printing the story in the first place as it was apperently considered a non story by the records chief competitior. at te time i agreed with traynor that anthing that sells papers is a story and that is just what the papers do, i didnt believe for one minute their was any aggenda against hearts buy one paper or the other.

but since then after reading the sunday papers and every other day since from the same publication i think im seeing that the record seems to be hell bent on causing panic and having a dig at hearts in any way the can.

now this threadf is just to see if iam being paranoid or silly cuz i consider myself quite level headed and have never considered not buying a paper for reasons to do with bias against my club, but i find myself at that stage.

so am i being paranoid? have i finally flipped? or is their a few out their who think the same?

The 'match report' in the Monday edition sumed up the record, no coverage of the game but a page spread criticising the Hearts manager.

Say What Again

The Records been garbage for years, it just seems to have cranked it up a a notch against Hearts in recent years (though I'll need to take the word of the folks on here for that).

Why anybody buys it is beyond me. It's story after story about weedgies, 15 pages of car adverts, 8 pages on the OF and a centre 'fashion' spread featuring Miss Scotland (weedgie), Peter Grant and Iain Durrant.

Sorry, but if you buy the Record, you should know what to expect.

IMO the club should be considering legal action against the Daily Record for printing what they did this morning. Saying the players may go on strike when Christophe Berra has come out and said otherwise. It is a libellous statement which puts the club in a very negative light. I wonder who gave the go ahead for that? They clearly have NO evidence whatsoever to back up their statement.

the quality of the dailly record is so low that when they try to hand out the free edinburgh edition, most people decline :)

The first bin after the person handing them out is usually full of them too.

the record sucks i have never bought a copy since it done a tabloid hatchet job on the personal life of the heart surgeon who quite literately saved my fathers life in what i believe was a orchestrated attempt to cover up his criticisms of greater Glasgow health board and the nhs in general for surgeons not being prepared to take risks in order to look better on stats .

TOP THAT for a reason to disslike them anyway ill see you at the westie next game mate ;);););)

I do believe I said the other day that I woldn't even wipe my bum with it.

Nor do I accept a copy of the free rag they hand out a Princes St - bog off back to the Weege with your red top sh*te.

the trouble is what other papers could you buy? the sun is hardly the tribune of truth, the scotsman is also anti hearts, the rest are either football waste lands or tory supporting rags that once you've read the sport you have to throw away, if i pay 70p for a paper i want to read it all (i know, tight wad).

The mistake the guy on your call made was to claim it was a non-story, rather than focusing on the speculation made by the paper.

Papers will decide what they think is a story and go with it but it was the speculative comment that ****ed me off. Like I ahev said befroe, they claimed that the players were "furious", when they didn't even quote, nor mention, one player in the article.

I dont see the point in buying the record or the sun for that matter. Both papers have had an anti Hearts agenda for as long as I can remember. It got worse since Romanov but only because he gave them plenty to write about albeit they added the negative spin to absolutely everything, and used misquotes or just made up a full page story on 1 sentence written on this site.

Both rags have not been purchased in my house for a long long tme.

the trouble is what other papers could you buy? the sun is hardly the tribune of truth, the scotsman is also anti hearts, the rest are either football waste lands or tory supporting rags that once you've read the sport you have to throw away, if i pay 70p for a paper i want to read it all (i know, tight wad).

I read The Independent and get all my Hearts news from JKB.

Simple.

I am sure both Stuart Bathgate and Mike Aitken are Jambos. In fairness they were the one newspaper who kept the heat on the pieman during the SOH campaign. The Scotsman may not be everyone,s cup of tea but it is way ahead of the two daily comic rags.

How about not buying a paper due to its dire standard of 'reporting', poor contents and pitiful stories about no-mark 'celebrities'?

Buy a real paper and stay back from the rags.

I am sure both Stuart Bathgate and Mike Aitken are Jambos. In fairness they were the one newspaper who kept the heat on the pieman during the SOH campaign. The Scotsman may not be everyone,s cup of tea but it is way ahead of the two daily comic rags.

I think The Viz would qualify as a better 'organ' ( fnar fnar ) than either of that pair :)

I used to buy the Hootsman but the sports section became so blatantly anti-hearts several years ago that I switched to The Herald instead :eek:

Once again though, you have to ask just exactly what is 'in the public good' ?

Is it right that a paper is allowed to spread what is tantamount to 'fear and alarm' amongst many young supporters and even, allegedly, Hearts employees ?

I read The Independent and get all my Hearts news from JKB.

LOL-You will always get more rumours and misled stories in JKB than any national paper.Just look at some of the crazy threads.:)

Seymour M Hersh
How about not buying a paper due to its dire standard of 'reporting', poor contents and pitiful stories about no-mark 'celebrities'?

Buy a real paper and stay back from the rags.

Problem there is the "real papers" you refer to are almost as tabloid in their football reporting as the red tops themselves.

I don't recall The Daily Record and The Sun etc being as Anti-Hearts as they have been for the past 2-3 years.

Infact during the Burley days I bought just about every newspaper possible just incase I missed something and every one of them were raving about us.

Problem there is the "real papers" you refer to are almost as tabloid in their football reporting as the red tops themselves.

True. I used to get the telegraph or the observer for a while, but the football/sports section was far too english orientated. As was most of the stories to be honest. Now I don't buy a paper.The internet is most than able to provide me with all the latest news.

Archived